View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    After reading this forum for a couple of days I went today to several shops to check the availability of Z10 to buy. All of them have them to sell right a way: black or white. Some with plans from Rogers $149.99 device itself + minimum $80 plan for three years. Other from Koodo is almost the same $400 device + $65 per month for three years. I asked sales persons about how popular BB is and they told me that they are selling 1-2 device per day. I've seen a couple of people have been interested in Z10. They all were old grey hired and they shy away when learned about plans. So, sales are not so great as it seams to be.

BTW, I own several thousands of BB stock and I am in red almost 10Ks.
    02-26-13 09:06 PM
    After reading this forum for a couple of days I went today to several shops to check the availability of Z10 to buy. All of them have them to sell right a way: black or white. Some with plans from Rogers $149.99 device itself + minimum $80 plan for three years. Other from Koodo is almost the same $400 device + $65 per month for three years. I asked sales persons about how popular BB is and they told me that they are selling 1-2 device per day. I've seen a couple of people have been interested in Z10. They all were old grey hired and they shy away when learned about plans. So, sales are not so great as it seams to be.

I appreciate your honesty, that's for sure. To those waiting to jump in with warnings about the market, we got it. While we may not be investing our whole livelyhood, we do like seeing our company in the green. No need for all the warnings about the dangers of investing, we got it. We're just tired of no news, sinking stock, and evil editors. Thanks.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-26-13 09:11 PM
    nevermind ...

... not worth the potential grief.
    02-26-13 09:11 PM
    >>I appreciate your honesty, that's for sure. While we may not be investing our whole livelyhood, we do like seeing our company in the green. No need for all the warnings about the dangers of investing, >>we got it. We're just tired of no news, sinking stock, and evil editors. Thanks.

English is my forth language. Who cares? Sorry, if I sound ugly. But, you've got what I am talking about. It is just info I read from many, many books.
    02-26-13 09:12 PM

Can you specify who you're asking? Theres a huge variability in device sales between the carriers. It also depends on where those locations are at, for example, are they in a mall? or are they their own respective location? In addition, you need to clarify different supply. Some stores are only receiving 5 units per week, while some others such as rogers are receiving 50 a week. Please clarify your findings before you make any conclusive statements

Here's a little doc/report I made consisting of all my research information for supply, demand and sales for the Blackberry Z10 in my region and adjacent regions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...jnU/edit?pli=1
    02-26-13 09:13 PM
    I'm particular anxious about this earnings report. What to expect and what not to expect. I hope BB sells over 500 000 this quarter atleast! I still think the earnings might be in the red, depending on sales and how much money they threw into marketing. My hope was/is that the stock would be at somewhat at a comfortable level before earnings just in case we take a dive. Say 16-18 dollar range.
    lcjr and plane6065 like this.
    02-26-13 09:16 PM
    Hi,

I am new to this forum but I see some people here that are not associated with brokers and similar kind of people. After 10 years in stock market I can tell that TA doesn't work, fundamentals don't work either. Charting is fun to draw and it is possible to draw it in any way you want. I guess, most of traders wait for chartists to buy at turn overs, or on breakouts, etc. you name... Charts - it is yesterday's a hamburger which you through into garbage. Fundamentals is kind of of looking at the future. But nobody knows future, for sure.

My point is:
    Market works on current data. How it works?
    All economy is based on GDP. Look on wikipedia what it is about. It is based on three outputs. read yourself. Each company has to provide numbers on sales and materials, etc. every day to FED. RIM is one of them. FED calculates what GDP should be based on numbers from all companies around US and Canada and how much each company is valued based on sales. Every morning market makers adjust companies' stock prices. It explains gaps at market openings.Thus, stock price reflects current situation with sales.

Also, most of people are using debit and credit cards every day and all transactions go into one database. It give pretty good outlook on everyday state of economy.

In my opinion, BB is a good company. At least, it does something. Also, market needs "bubbles" to attract "loosers". Usually, when company is doing good then buy back own shares, kinda investing in itself. They hire trade houses to drive prices down easily paying them good fees.
    Welcome. It seems like you know what you are talking about. But I have had the wool pulled over my eyes more than once.
    Hey everbody lets here what you think and know about DudeBB's post. Is he feeding us with some good points or filling our heads with mumbo jumbo.
    02-26-13 09:18 PM
    Dude, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Maybe it's over my head or maybe you should consider using a better translation program. I do mean that in a respectful manner.
    It won't let me give you a like on this comment. Thank you for the good laugh. I thought maybe it was only me.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-26-13 09:23 PM
    Initially, you are going to get:
    1) People that want it
    2) People who waited up to a month after their current contract ended to upgrade

It's simply logical that going forward at some point (maybe that time is now), that you are going to get people to buy it as they:
    1) Get their first smart phone
    2) upgrade as their contracts expire.
    02-26-13 09:40 PM
    I sneaked into one of Russians forums (forum.canada.ru see Blackberry topic) where a couple of RIM's employees are talking about new BBs and they mentioned that around 156 thousand devices are registered in their production database. I understood, those which went into use (or sold). Shipping can be in millions but they stocked in warehouses or shops. Interesting enough, they were bringing negative feedback on every positive response in that topic.
    Would the 156,000 be the new phone activations? I would think/hope that number was closer to 500 or 750k by now?? In order to use it wouldn't each device need to be registered/activated? 156k would be far too small by this time in the launch.
    02-26-13 10:06 PM
    Thanks Charles!

I must have you all wrong, I thought you sounded like you have had enough of all of this nonsense! I know, it is a pain when the stock continues to back up like this, but we didn't feel that way on the run to $ 18.32/shr when the shorts were screaming. I don't think of myself as a nerd but when I look back at my education and experience, I must admit, my strongest subject was Stats! I'm not actually telling people what to do with their money, I just want some of us to see the same thing and go "hmmnn?". We're probably a lot alike man. LOL

Let's see if we can make some money here and thanks again for your support!
    I have read pretty much all Morgon's posts in this thread and made few moves based on this charts and posts. Of course, It was my decision but his analysis also confirmed my beliefs about this BB mvoes so I went ahead and made moves. Do I regret ? Yes. Not because we longs were wrong but because of the fact that we retailers are the last ones to profit when it comes to BB stock as it has been manipulated like nothing else ever. Sometime people hate things more because they loved it so much at one point and when that hated thing does well NOW we do not accept it very much OR re-love it again that we will never leave it again. In case of BB lot of people lost money in the past including analysts and that is what costing them now. It will take some time to repair that releation by hard numbers. and these analysts will be friends again.. I think noting will bring this stock up until earning report OR SHORTS become longs before numbers.
    02-26-13 10:10 PM

In my small group of friends, co-workers, and acquaintances 9 of them have purchased a new phone this month, 8 Z10s and 1 sg3. I know that is only a small group of people and doesn't really paint the big picture but one thing surprised me. The biggest iphone supporter in my group of friends showed up the other day with his new Z10.
    You have some smart friends
    kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-13 10:10 PM
    I'm particular anxious about this earnings report. What to expect and what not to expect. I hope BB sells over 500 000 this quarter atleast! I still think the earnings might be in the red, depending on sales and how much money they threw into marketing. My hope was/is that the stock would be at somewhat at a comfortable level before earnings just in case we take a dive. Say 16-18 dollar range.
    That's funny, I peg Canada at 500K units.
    02-26-13 10:13 PM
    I sneaked into one of Russians forums (forum.canada.ru see Blackberry topic) where a couple of RIM's employees are talking about new BBs and they mentioned that around 156 thousand devices are registered in their production database. I understood, those which went into use (or sold). Shipping can be in millions but they stocked in warehouses or shops. Interesting enough, they were bringing negative feedback on every positive response in that topic.
    Wouldn't happen to be a new forum member at that forum that no one can go to and easily verify what you are saying (due to language barriers), is it?
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-26-13 10:17 PM
    Youre a creative troll. Post screenshots of that thread. We can google translate it.
    02-26-13 10:20 PM
    Youre a creative troll. Post screenshots of that thread. We can google translate it.
    I bet you DudeBB is from NYC and being paid to manipulate the stock so big money can buy cheap and/or exit their shorts.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-26-13 10:22 PM
    I lol'd.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-26-13 10:27 PM
    I fouund this report from 4 years ago. It might put some perspective on what BlackBerry needs to acomplish today

RIM shares surge as BlackBerry sales hit record 7.8 million — RoughlyDrafted Magazine

I'm attempting to do some math here. BB needs to sell 140,000 phones a day to reach 50,000,000 in a year. If they are selling phones at (x-amount) of stores, they would need to sell (x-amount) at each store to reach 50,000,000. Any idea what (x-amount) would be? I read on this thread that there are over 5,000 stores between Canada and UK.
    02-26-13 10:27 PM
    I fouund this report from 4 years ago. It might put some perspective on what BlackBerry needs to acomplish today

RIM shares surge as BlackBerry sales hit record 7.8 million — RoughlyDrafted Magazine

I'm attempting to do some math here. BB needs to sell 140,000 phones a day to reach 50,000,000 in a year. If they are selling phones at (x-amount) of stores, they would need to sell (x-amount) at each store to reach 50,000,000. Any idea what (x-amount) would be? I read on this thread that there are over 5,000 stores between Canada and UK.

That's a very good question; how many sales outlets do the carriers have? Good luck man, that's quite the chore there.
    02-26-13 10:37 PM
    I have read pretty much all Morgon's posts in this thread and made few moves based on this charts and posts. Of course, It was my decision but his analysis also confirmed my beliefs about this BB mvoes so I went ahead and made moves. Do I regret ? Yes. Not because we longs were wrong but because of the fact that we retailers are the last ones to profit when it comes to BB stock as it has been manipulated like nothing else ever. Sometime people hate things more because they loved it so much at one point and when that hated thing does well NOW we do not accept it very much OR re-love it again that we will never leave it again. In case of BB lot of people lost money in the past including analysts and that is what costing them now. It will take some time to repair that releation by hard numbers. and these analysts will be friends again.. I think noting will bring this stock up until earning report OR SHORTS become longs before numbers.
    I have never lost any money on BB, but then again I just keep buying the shares and have yet to sell a single one of them. I feel like I have become a collector instead of an investor when it comes to this stock. And I'm still not done. I will collect some more this week or next.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 10:38 PM
    I have never lost any money on BB, but then again I just keep buying the shares and have yet to sell a single one of them. I feel like I have become a collector instead of an investor when it comes to this stock. And I'm still not done. I will collect some more this week or next.
    Bingo. That's how I feel too. Unfortunately, I don't have anything left to throw at this or I would. So now I just hang out with you guys, high-five on the good days and cry on your shoulders the bad days. But, at least we're here giving it a whirl. Did I mention how much I like this thread???
    AnimalPak200 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-13 10:42 PM
    There's no reason to buy BBRY shares until the release of Aristo, that one is gonna be game-changer my friends..
    02-26-13 11:07 PM

Take that 5000 as a percaptia number then ... ahh forget it. Also take this into account granted it is stale data:
    42 MAJOR COUNTRIES RANKED BY SMARTPHONE PENETRATION RATES | Beyond The Beyond | Wired.com
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-13 11:08 PM
    Here check out this post. I try not say bad things about someone but what do you think. Does this guy deserve it.

BBRY: Beware Thorston's Sandbagging in [Market-Ticker]

Souds like desperation to me.
    02-26-13 11:21 PM
    Lets do some math. Assume the following
    Canada: 5000 stores * 2 units * 14 days = ~140K
    UK: assume the same ~140K
    UAE: just few days ~50K
    Spain & Portugal: just few days ~10K
    India: Just started with a price tag $800. 2000 stores in 50cities * 2 units * 2 days = ~8K

It comes to ~340Ks but not millions or even a half of million.
    02-26-13 11:25 PM
113,256 ... 262263264265266 ...