View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    lol, don't sell too fast (IMHO), either
    No no no, not selling right away, just want to see my shares worth more than thay are now. Hope that doesn't sound selfish.
    Superfly_FR and Komoto like this.
    02-25-13 10:49 AM
    Probably the last time I try it, but bought some 15.50 strike calls that expire on friday. Very small position.
    02-25-13 10:51 AM
    Ok, so anybody that understands charts care to give us a synopsys on where we are and where we need to be? What the short term predictions are???
    02-25-13 11:00 AM
    Well, I understand there are people that want to keep the price low so they can buy more, but some of us are done buying and are ready for this to go up some now. Anytime now....
    I'm with you on this one.
    02-25-13 11:03 AM
    Apparently, the Z10 is outselling the competition in the UK in some stores...LOVE IT!!!!
    Superfly_FR and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-25-13 11:17 AM
    Apparently, the Z10 is outselling the competition in the UK in some stores...LOVE IT!!!!
    You need to consider that it is the only new phone. iPhone 5 was released several months ago, SG3 was released a year ago.
    The Z10 should better be selling better than the competition.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Nokia WP8 is kind of new from a few months ago, but thus far, it hasn't seem to be a best seller of any sort. So we'll ignore that for now.
    02-25-13 11:25 AM
    Ok, so anybody that understands charts care to give us a synopsys on where we are and where we need to be? What the short term predictions are???
    we are barely in the uptrend support. but below 50 day moving average
    short story - if we break below 13.30 and 13, we are going down, down.

However bear in mind that right now market is strongly influenced by Italian elections and BBRY is doing reasonably well to hold its ground.
    02-25-13 11:45 AM
    02-25-13 11:57 AM
    You need to consider that it is the only new phone. iPhone 5 was released several months ago, SG3 was released a year ago.
    The Z10 should better be selling better than the competition.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Nokia WP8 is kind of new from a few months ago, but thus far, it hasn't seem to be a best seller of any sort. So we'll ignore that for now.
    Retailer says BlackBerry Z10 outselling iPhone 5, Galaxy 3 in Canada
    Iain Marlow
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Monday, Feb. 25 2013, 12:29 PM EST

RIM’s new BlackBerry, of course, is much newer than its best-selling Galaxy S3 and iPhone rivals – which have sold tens of millions since their respective launches – and is one of the only major devices to have launched since the holiday season ended. Since then, there has been a drought of high-end smartphone releases.
    02-25-13 12:15 PM
    So we got a dime upside on the CNBC chatter of better than expected sales but no release of actual numbers yet. One of the talking heads says he expects good things from BBRY. The other said buying BBRY with all of the unshakeable short interest was"Like going to a funeral and signing up to be next." I don't agree with that, but it was kind of funny.

The most logical, and worrisome comment to me was the one that basically said withe CEO out there saying sales were exceeding their high expectations, BBRY should have had a very big pop and it didn't. When the shares don't rally much on very positive news, it can be a sign that the rally is getting long in the tooth and may be more likely to go down than up. We shall see....
    02-25-13 12:21 PM
    do you have a link to the segment?
    thanks.

considering today was supposed to be a big battle between the bears and the bulls in the 'wedge', and today, the bulls are holding off the bears and holding onto this morning's gap-up with really low volume ( TSX ), this can only be a good sign for tomorrow.

now, if re-hashed news suddenly comes out and the stock tanks before close, then bears will win this round...until US launch is confirmed and ER report positive news, that is.

keeping score of news today:
    bulls: FCC tests pass for verizon. canadian retailers say Z10 best selling phone of Feb. Heins says production increasing.
    bears: old story of Q10 being delayed, maybe until May or June in the US.
    02-25-13 12:25 PM
    I was in Toronto on Saturday for a Concert. When I was walking to my hotel (Sheraton Centre- accross from City Hall) I noticed a matte black van parked on the road and a display set up to show off the new Z10. There were 4 devices on the truck, and 2 people with devices in their hands to show off to anyone who wanted to see. I was the first there, after about 5 mins there was probably a crowd of 15-20 people. Was really happy to see, and was my first chance to actually get my hands on the phone. Amazing!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb.jpg
    02-25-13 12:29 PM
    Time for the 13:30PM dip?
    02-25-13 12:30 PM
    Wow. Selling at over $800 in India (unsubsidized market - all phones off contract). I hope this doesn't cause too much negative feedback. I don't want the BB10 launch to stall when it reaches some of these larger markets.
    02-25-13 12:44 PM
    Wow. Selling at over $800 in India (unsubsidized market - all phones off contract). I hope this doesn't cause too much negative feedback. I don't want the BB10 launch to stall when it reaches some of these larger markets.
    People don't understand that plans are much cheaper in other parts of the world, unlike North America.
    02-25-13 12:49 PM
    do you have a link to the segment?
    thanks.

considering today was supposed to be a big battle between the bears and the bulls in the 'wedge', and today, the bulls are holding off the bears and holding onto this morning's gap-up with really low volume ( TSX ), this can only be a good sign for tomorrow.

now, if re-hashed news suddenly comes out and the stock tanks before close, then bears will win this round...until US launch is confirmed and ER report positive news, that is.

keeping score of news today:
    bulls: FCC tests pass for verizon. canadian retailers say Z10 best selling phone of Feb. Heins says production increasing.
    bears: old story of Q10 being delayed, maybe until May or June in the US.
    chaulk up another for the bulls:
    BB managing director says Z10 launch was 50% more successful than any previous launch. old news, but bulls rehashing stuff now.
    02-25-13 12:57 PM
    People don't understand that plans are much cheaper in other parts of the world, unlike North America.
    People dont understand that Indians are extremely frugal (cheap)
    02-25-13 01:02 PM
    Time for the 13:30PM dip?
    Missed it by 30 minutes. LoL
    02-25-13 01:06 PM
    I'm with you on this one.
    As am I. Lets get the show on the road shall we.
    02-25-13 01:07 PM
    strange, a wave of positive news comes out, then - after a pretty stable day - the stock dips.
    woulda expected the opposite.
    i never know with this thing any more.
    02-25-13 01:09 PM
    Watch for short interest #s will be released today..My guess it will be reduced a bit.
    02-25-13 01:10 PM
    Phones are generally sold off-contract in India, the phone is prohibitively expense - but I think that BBRY already knows that and I doubt they expect a particularly high volume of sales.
    02-25-13 01:13 PM
    Bouncing around $13.30 US. No bounce UP!
    02-25-13 01:30 PM
    will point out one more time, look at the current market, Dow down 70points, Nasdaq down 10 points, sh1te news coming from Italy (elections), BBRY is doing quite well to keep it in green, most of other stocks are in red.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-25-13 01:38 PM
    Just for your appreciation, please look at the image below. This is French SFR (Vodafone) web site, and they didn't spend a dime to promote it (lame, lame, lame).
    The Z10 is in pre-order (March 6) but ... It is already outselling Curve (@ € 9,9 !) and Bold ...

Can you feel it ?

[sorted by "best sales"]
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 01:42 PM
113,256 ... 250251252253254 ...