View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We sure could use a rally into the close. Hoping we don't close at or near the low for the day. Lot's of potential technical damage could be done and that's going t0 hurt if it does materialize. $13.12 now, ugh.
    02-22-13 02:43 PM
    We sure could use a rally into the close. Hoping we don't close at or near the low for the day. Lot's of potential technical damage could be done and that's going t0 hurt if it does materialize. $13.12 now, ugh.
    This is more like it....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-turtle-crossing-finish-line.jpg
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 02:50 PM
    well that was a beating.... lets see how monday goes...india launch
    jmehta22 likes this.
    02-22-13 02:53 PM
    a bad day.. actually quite worried to be fair. 13$ support held us several times, but this one might actually break.. looking at the chart, thats exactly the support trend line.
    02-22-13 02:54 PM
    Agreed, but we have to remain focused!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-california-beer-fests-oktoberfest.jpg
    02-22-13 02:58 PM
    Your wish or your command???
    02-22-13 03:04 PM
    Where is this big jump coming from?
    02-22-13 03:07 PM
    Since I don't have bloomberg in this device I was using their website, but just tried with yahoo (thanks to a post) and it is much better!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 03:11 PM
    BB ---> 1+ Billion dollars in Cash. Reported that they have 2700 North American Businesses lined up. 4+ New devices out this year. $0 in debt. Majority of shares held by large investors and corporations.

Bauer - Canadian (hockey) company as well. Revenues not nearly as close as BB. Has some debt. Last reported to have $5 million in cash. Not even 1/100 the number of patents. Stock is $12.

That's my lame comparison, but I think it still holds.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 03:22 PM
    BB ---> 1+ Billion dollars in Cash. Reported that they have 2700 North American Businesses lined up. 4+ New devices out this year. $0 in debt. Majority of shares held by large investors and corporations.

Bauer - Canadian (hockey) company as well. Revenues not nearly as close as BB. Has some debt. Last reported to have $5 million in cash. Not even 1/100 the number of patents. Stock is $12.

That's my lame comparison, but I think it still holds.
    You'd want to factor in outstanding shares too though. I think Bauer has 1/15th the number of shares BlackBerry does.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    02-22-13 03:25 PM
    Investing is about making money, short or long term. You obviously have a much narrow definition of the word investing if you think that only means long term profit.
    That's where the misunderstanding seems to reside. The closest qualification I find would be "love money" to make a // with private investing.
    As repeated, we do know anything can happen and financial reality can be - sometimes - years away from tech and/or economic performance.
    Just imagine BB is private; that's the way I see it, therefore the necessary long term (counting in years: was 3-5 in post #1).

Hoos and haas are just reactions we can have; they would be dangerous if we pretended we have the skills to buy valley and sell hills. We just don't.
    It's just the way it is; "we" (sorry, I don't want to enroll everybody here, but I believe this is dominant position) stick to the plan.
    Just had some cash available today. I'm watching this, and I must say I'm not hooo nor haaa ... more likely "yum". I'll go for a few hundreds $ more if we go under 12 or below, restaurants can wait.
    DragonFlyer and bungaboy like this.
    02-22-13 03:29 PM
    I wonder whether Morgan can contribute technical review about what it was going on today?
    02-22-13 03:33 PM
    Yep, I feel this is the perfect opportunity to aquire more and wait for payday, whenever that may be. Unfortunately, I'm out of "free" money unless I take some out of my other stocks. I probably could find some extra cash, but I will NOT tap into my beer fund for this. I wish everyone a pleasant remainder of the day and a safe weekend. Monday is another day. See ya'll at the bar!
    02-22-13 03:33 PM
    Yep, I feel this is the perfect opportunity to aquire more and wait for payday, whenever that may be. Unfortunately, I'm out of "free" money unless I take some out of my other stocks. I probably could find some extra cash, but I will NOT tap into my beer fund for this. I wish everyone a pleasant remainder of the day and a safe weekend. Monday is another day. See ya'll at the bar!
    Are you sure you don't want to tap into your beer fund?
    You can either have 1 beer now. Or 3 beers later.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-22-13 03:35 PM
    Low volume, slow but regular down ... if someone can explain ... let's learn a bit, "gang" !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    02-22-13 03:37 PM
    That's where the misunderstanding seems to reside. The closest qualification I find would be "love money" to make a // with private investing.
    As repeated, we do know anything can happen and financial reality can be - sometimes - years away from tech and/or economic performance.
    Just imagine BB is private; that's the way I see it, therefore the necessary long term (counting in years: was 3-5 in post #1).

Hoos and haas are just reactions we can have; they would be dangerous if we pretended we have the skills to buy valley and sell hills. We just don't.
    It's just the way it is; "we" (sorry, I don't want to enroll everybody here, but I believe this is dominant position) stick to the plan.
    Just had some cash available today. I'm watching this, and I must say I'm not hooo nor haaa ... more likely "yum". I'll go for a few hundreds $ more if we go under 12 or below, restaurants can wait.
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    02-22-13 03:39 PM
    I placed a order to buy at $13.30 on TSX and I missed it by one penny! One red cent! Arghhhh! The lowest it got on TSX was $13.31.

Now I wait for next week. Shoulda woulda coulda. LoL
    02-22-13 03:43 PM
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    Wow ... you're Spanish Cow too ? lol (thanks, I'm out of like button)
    02-22-13 03:53 PM
    Have a nice Weekend guys,
    in the meantime, just a link to my last read : Don't Pay Too Much Attention to BlackBerry Sales Rumors (BBRY)
    I think a lot (me included) are forgetting about the upcoming release of the Q1 ... glad I read this; time for a beer (10:55 PM here), or two ?
    Cheers buds !
    02-22-13 03:55 PM
    Given how volatile the stock has been, even with today's drop I'm sensing only minor nervousness. Which is good.

A company's stock will always tend towards its fair market value over time. Meaning if BB10 is a big hit, and their cash levels increase and their book value increases, the stock will increase. Doesn't matter if the day before earnings the stock is at $1 or $100. It's going to tend towards it's FMV/BV. .
    I would be heart broken if the stock fell to $1 tomorrow, but only because I could have bought 13x the number of shares as compared to today.

So bottom line is, we're at the bottom line. lol
    But seriously, if you're in long and you think BB is going to do well. Chill. If you're in for the day trading, well, hopefully you don't have too much at stake.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-22-13 04:02 PM
    havent seen much refund complaints on crackberry yet. Reports of poor battery life are common, and there are some complaints of features dumped from the old versions, or not fully implemented yet.

IMO, the most important thing now is the hardware. The OS is easily updated and I expect a 10.1 release before or shortly following the beginning of sales to the US that can fix and tweak common complaints (could improve camera, fix some bugs/glitches, and maybe even improve battery performance with small systems tweaks). Android and iOS have been updating thier OS's for years now, and these changes have led to more stable, battery-sipping devices. BB will follow this road too, so some patience is needed/expected
    I downloaded an update today for my z10 and it improved my battery life
    02-22-13 04:13 PM
    I placed a order to buy at $13.30 on TSX and I missed it by one penny! One red cent! Arghhhh! The lowest it got on TSX was $13.31.

Now I wait for next week. Shoulda woulda coulda. LoL
    It's going down to $11 or less before the earnings release
    02-22-13 04:14 PM
    Low volume, slow but regular down ... if someone can explain ... let's learn a bit, "gang" !
    It's not actually particularly "low volume". BBRY is no longer the hot stock everybody is talking about after the hype of the z10 launch so plenty of investors/shorters will be liquidating/covering their positions.

I realize there is still the earnings report; but, many companies release earnings reports and it just isn't that exciting for individuals with no emotional investment in BBRY. To many investors, the story of BBRY ended with the launch. They don't care if it goes bankrupt or becomes the next Apple. Expect plenty of moves on lower volume from now on.
    02-22-13 04:34 PM
    Hype will start circulating next month about a US launch... Price will hit $16 before Earnings. Yea buddy.
    02-22-13 04:39 PM
    I thought this analyst's name was familiar. He was the same gent who forecasted that BB10 would be DOA on November 7th last year. RIM BB10 to be dead on arrival, analyst says, causing shares to fall | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

Of course, he was also bullish on apple at the time time...
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 05:18 PM
113,256 ... 242243244245246 ...