View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Could be a tough day. Hopefully a reversal in store for this afternoon. Historically, BBRY spends remarkably little time between 12 and 14. I hope 14 remains support and doesn't flip to resistance over the next few days. My concern is growing, no good news on the horizon, not a lot of buyers, and a large % of shorts just waiting to pounce. Be careful out there....
    My thoughts, on the positive side of this:
    If shorts pounce (that is, they cover), the price will rise up dramatically. So, I guess, if the stock does end up going down to $9, it'll start a short squeeze! By now, shorts must have figured out that they can't keep price down for much longer. March ER call will reveal that BB sold FAR MORE than 300,000 and then their manipulation techniques will even have a less of an effect later. So, if shorts succeed in getting price down to < $10, they'd probably conclude that the best time to cover is BEFORE March ER (when their lies are sure to be exposed).
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 10:03 AM
    got some more at 13.40. here comes the bounce.
    02-22-13 10:04 AM
    what do our technical analysis people have say about the charts today?
    02-22-13 10:06 AM
    Come on Shorts!!! Drive that price down to single digits so I can load up before the ER!!!!!
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-22-13 10:08 AM
    i'm going to leave my desk, I cant watch this see you all in an hour or so.
    02-22-13 10:09 AM
    Got in for some more at 13.30! Wish I had done the smart thing and had more money available in my account for this
    02-22-13 10:09 AM
    What if we sell 1 Million + phone for the Feb Quarter but loose 2 million + subscribers and spend 500-1 Billion for the launch etc...would it still go up because we sold more z10 than what the "Analysts" say or go down because we got less than 2 billion cash left and loosing subscribers every quarter ?
    02-22-13 10:14 AM
    Here's a funny...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dropping-dow7.jpg
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 10:15 AM
    still sitting at around 13.65 on tsx..why isnt it going lower?? usually its close enough to nasdaq grr
    02-22-13 10:19 AM
    exchange rate

still sitting at around 13.65 on tsx..why isnt it going lower?? usually its close enough to nasdaq grr
    02-22-13 10:20 AM
    The true cause of this roller coaster ride!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-saupload_stock_market_cartoon.jpg
    02-22-13 10:22 AM
    The Canadian dollar has been dropping against the USD in the past weeks. Yes, it's annoying because I watch BBRY but trade on BB.to (yahoo has 1-2 minute delay for BBRY, but 15 min delay for BB.to)
    02-22-13 10:29 AM
    Dissapointed by the shorters and this bearish trend. A few of my long calls have lost significant value (i own stock from $9 as well), and the hardest part is that I own the phone, and see the quality of its build. Its stylish/professional, and the OS is strong. If they can just tweak the camera to be slightly better, and get a few big apps more, it ould turn the tide a bit.

The biggest problem is the lack of sales in US, where these analysts are. Its tough to invest in a device that you cant buy in your part of the world yet.
    02-22-13 10:38 AM
    Yeah. Same here. Though I use real-time feeds from TMX PowerStream for both Nasdaq and TSX.

The Canadian dollar has been dropping against the USD in the past weeks. Yes, it's annoying because I watch BBRY but trade on BB.to (yahoo has 1-2 minute delay for BBRY, but 15 min delay for BB.to)
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    02-22-13 10:46 AM
    I live in Bolivia South America , we don't even have BlackBerry Maps available neither BlackBerry music and I have 224 stocks because I believe in blackberry, the problem is that we need beyond 80 M users to succeed, and it is hard to convince people when 9900 costs 560$, and z10 have issues like no BlackBerry Bridge or like there is few BlackBerry people at the forums to help customers. If you check there some people are getting mad with the z10 and calling for a refund.
    Just my thoughts, sorry for the bad English

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:49 AM
    havent seen much refund complaints on crackberry yet. Reports of poor battery life are common, and there are some complaints of features dumped from the old versions, or not fully implemented yet.

IMO, the most important thing now is the hardware. The OS is easily updated and I expect a 10.1 release before or shortly following the beginning of sales to the US that can fix and tweak common complaints (could improve camera, fix some bugs/glitches, and maybe even improve battery performance with small systems tweaks). Android and iOS have been updating thier OS's for years now, and these changes have led to more stable, battery-sipping devices. BB will follow this road too, so some patience is needed/expected
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 10:55 AM
    alright in another 100 at $13.64 on tsx..now leaving desk and NOT looking back! goodluck to rest of you
    lcjr likes this.
    02-22-13 10:58 AM
    havent seen much refund complaints on crackberry yet. Reports of poor battery life are common, and there are some complaints of features dumped from the old versions, or not fully implemented yet.

IMO, the most important thing now is the hardware. The OS is easily updated and I expect a 10.1 release before or shortly following the beginning of sales to the US that can fix and tweak common complaints (could improve camera, fix some bugs/glitches, and maybe even improve battery performance with small systems tweaks). Android and iOS have been updating thier OS's for years now, and these changes have led to more stable, battery-sipping devices. BB will follow this road too, so some patience is needed/expected
    I agree and this is key. There are no major widespread issues that users are experiencing, the Bold 9900 faulty circuit issue comes to mind. Updates are already in the works and hopefully are pushed before the US release.
    02-22-13 11:10 AM
    I am not sure why all Analysts and eveyone else focused on bb10 only. BB still sells millions of bb7 around the world including sold tons in UK during Xmas holidays. BB made it very clear previosly that it will keep selling bb7 to low income markets and until it sells well and then transition them to bb10. 2013 - focus bb10 in developed nations and make it available to all markets and continue selling bb7 where it sells well. BB7 brings more monthly revenue and bb10 better margin per sale..
    We will see bb7 sales for few quarters..
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 11:23 AM
    Dissapointed by the shorters and this bearish trend. A few of my long calls have lost significant value (i own stock from $9 as well), and the hardest part is that I own the phone, and see the quality of its build. Its stylish/professional, and the OS is strong. If they can just tweak the camera to be slightly better, and get a few big apps more, it ould turn the tide a bit.

The biggest problem is the lack of sales in US, where these analysts are. Its tough to invest in a device that you cant buy in your part of the world yet.
    I agree!

I am thinking that the lack of the USA Introduction is and has been the real drag here. I am thinking/hoping that BB can deliver enough units for the demand in the USA, or close to it, they might just well take off! We need something big like this to turn the news well into the POSITIVE mode. All these Alpha people will be eating their words.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-22-13 11:24 AM
    24M volume at 12:30pm.....stock keeps falling, wake up bulls! the bears should be hibernating
    02-22-13 11:36 AM
    I agree!

I am thinking that the lack of the USA Introduction is and has been the real drag here. I am thinking/hoping that BB can deliver enough units for the demand in the USA, or close to it, they might just well take off! We need something big like this to turn the news well into the POSITIVE mode. All these Alpha people will be eating their words.

I sure hope you're right. Time will tell I guess. As for the authors of rediculous articles, I doubt they will even acknowledge their mistake or even recognize it. No big deal though...
    02-22-13 11:38 AM
    And it continues to fall....
    02-22-13 11:40 AM
    And it continues to fall....
    Not enough buyers....but it's also Friday.
    02-22-13 11:46 AM
    I sure hope you're right. Time will tell I guess. As for the authors of rediculous articles, I doubt they will even acknowledge their mistake or even recognize it. No big deal though...
    Only other problem would be the sequester. The stock market seem oblivious to it now but I think they are expecting another "kick of the can". This can spook the market but when they find out the world is not going to end, it would pick right back up!
    02-22-13 11:49 AM
113,256 ... 239240241242243 ...