View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    it goes up... it goes down... i need some gravol to watch this thing!
    02-21-13 10:44 AM
    For the past two weeks since they launched the Z10 in Canada I have been reading all the posts about where the stock is going, how it's getting shorted, beaten up yada yada. I find it all rather amusing really. It took BB years to get to this position and now everybody expects things to be all rosey again in short order...it's daft. As long as it took them to lose market share, it will take them just as long if not longer to get back to a stable and secure position. Year over year growth with reasonable profit margins will see BB back in the black. BB has a place in the mobile space we all see that. Lets all relax a little, this is a long road we have to travel on!

By the way, I love my Z10, I learn something new from it every day, it is a fantastic phone. Coming from my old 9700 to full touch has been a very good experince. I never thought I would say that.

Have an awesome day chaps...and relax a lil ok
    02-21-13 10:50 AM
    For the past two weeks since they launched the Z10 in Canada I have been reading all the posts about where the stock is going, how it's getting shorted, beaten up yada yada. I find it all rather amusing really. It took BB years to get to this position and now everybody expects things to be all rosey again in short order...it's daft. As long as it took them to lose market share, it will take them just as long if not longer to get back to a stable and secure position. Year over year growth with reasonable profit margins will see BB back in the black. BB has a place in the mobile space we all see that. Lets all relax a little, this is a long road we have to travel on!

By the way, I love my Z10, I learn something new from it every day, it is a fantastic phone. Coming from my old 9700 to full touch has been a very good experince. I never thought I would say that.

Have an awesome day chaps...and relax a lil ok

We're all relaxed. It's just fun being all together on this roller coaster ride. When it's going up, we're all cheering each other on and giving high five's. When it's going down we're all together moaning and giving out predictions and amateur analysis. Bottom line is we're all together in this and communicating.
    02-21-13 11:10 AM
    Found this conversation going on over at Google

Nicholas Carlson
    ANALYSTS: Google Is Going To $1,000! $GOOG https://t.co/j8Uw2Qka4q...User ID:http://twitter.com/nichcarlson/User IP:
    4 Hours Ago

Elias Guerra
    @nichcarlson: ANALYSTS: Google Is Going To $1,000! $GOOG ANALYSTS: Google Is Going To $1,000! - Business Insider. When I see something like this usually means time to sell...User ID:http://twitter.com/eliasguerra/User IP:
    3 Hours Ago

Tyler Fitch
    @eliasguerra @nichcarlson yeah... Pretty sure they had the same one abot $AAPL about a month before it tanked......User ID:http://twitter.com/tylerwfitch/User IP:
    2 Hours Ago

I thought it was just this site that had such a good view (not) on analysts reports.
    joe.miller and Acumenight like this.
    02-21-13 11:28 AM
    The terrible-ness of some of the "news" being released to drive down price and shor the stock is absolutely horrifying.

take this for example: http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/02/res...raymond-james/
    They claim that because BB has lost consumers in the past few quarters, it is a trend that will continue until they are bankrupt in 2014. This is complete nonsense, because they have just released a new device and OS whose sales are not yet known. It is like saying in 1998 that Apple will be bankrupt by 2000 because no-one is buying the macintosh, and not even looking at the ipod.

I cant say much for sales numbers myself, but i cant see why there wont be close to a million Z10s sold in the quarter. Positive reports point to the Z10 accounting for at least 10% of new phone sales, and here in canada I would say that seems right. Ive seen a few in the wild, own one myself, and have seen many people show interest in my device. It will take a while to distribute the phone/OS, as people may have existing cell contracts or be reluctant to return to BBm until everyone else does (sheep mentality in part, partly because BBM video chat and other new services rely on OS 10 phones and friends.

Further, any analyst who even suggests that BBRY will/should use android instead clearly is lacking research. The OS is strong, secure, has MANY benefits over android (its a limited series of devices it runs on, so tweaks and patches are built for the hardware features), and can side-load android apps anyways (hopefully this process will get smoother, its entirely doable but requires further simplicity).

The terrible part is, next week the analysts will likely change thier minds, and force this thing to rally to a new high so they can make money in the opposite direction.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 11:30 AM
    we are all sitting on a gold mine here.
    just give her time and we'll get all the gold..lol
    02-21-13 11:35 AM
    ^further to the above, I think blackberry/RIm has a certain branding and name that draws attention. most of the brands from the initial years of the smartphone (nokia, motorola) have gone by the wayside with not much new prospects, but blackberry has brought back the fight. OS 5/6 lasted a long time as a solid platform until becoming outdated. If OS10 can be as solid moving fowards, it is a strong rebound we could see.

A lot of people's interest in my device is that its a new release from blackberry, unlike anything before. Its got people talking, more then the iphone 5, which people quickly set to mocking as a tall iphone, with nothing to make it particularly more attractive then the 4S at $200 more expensive. I would not be surprised if more carriers considered increasing the Z10 price, since its the flagship device and most of those buying it WANT it. If it came out priced equally with the iphone 5 ($200 w/ 3yrs) I would have still bought it.
    MasterMoe likes this.
    02-21-13 11:37 AM
    I believe that the stock is going down due to the nasdaq dropping. almost like a direct correlation. so, if the nasdaq hadn't dropped like yesterday and another 40 points today right now, we may have been well around 14. This is possibly another variable to be considered when looking at bbry price?
    02-21-13 11:40 AM
    I just woke up from a dream where the stock was so volatile, that it was moving b/w 6 and 30 throughout the day... lmao.

Might I add, all these negative reports do lower expectations... it could work in BB's favor next month.
    we are all sitting on a gold mine here.
    just give her time and we'll get all the gold..lol
    I didn't put enough in to get gold. But I'm happily waiting for maybe silver.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    The terrible-ness of some of the "news" being released to drive down price and shor the stock is absolutely horrifying.

take this for example: http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/02/res...raymond-james/
    They claim that because BB has lost consumers in the past few quarters, it is a trend that will continue until they are bankrupt in 2014. This is complete nonsense, because they have just released a new device and OS whose sales are not yet known. It is like saying in 1998 that Apple will be bankrupt by 2000 because no-one is buying the macintosh, and not even looking at the ipod.

I cant say much for sales numbers myself, but i cant see why there wont be close to a million Z10s sold in the quarter. Positive reports point to the Z10 accounting for at least 10% of new phone sales, and here in canada I would say that seems right. Ive seen a few in the wild, own one myself, and have seen many people show interest in my device. It will take a while to distribute the phone/OS, as people may have existing cell contracts or be reluctant to return to BBm until everyone else does (sheep mentality in part, partly because BBM video chat and other new services rely on OS 10 phones and friends.

Further, any analyst who even suggests that BBRY will/should use android instead clearly is lacking research. The OS is strong, secure, has MANY benefits over android (its a limited series of devices it runs on, so tweaks and patches are built for the hardware features), and can side-load android apps anyways (hopefully this process will get smoother, its entirely doable but requires further simplicity).

The terrible part is, next week the analysts will likely change thier minds, and force this thing to rally to a new high so they can make money in the opposite direction.
    So, did you leave a comment or at least ask him if he did any research before writing that article? I've left comments on articles like this before in the hopes it might do some good, but found the article is followed by individuals surviving in a vacuum.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 11:45 AM
    I didn't put enough in to get gold. But I'm happily waiting for maybe silver.
    I put in enough to get some shiny stuff, maybe... lol
    02-21-13 11:46 AM
    I just woke up from a dream where the stock was so volatile, that it was moving b/w 6 and 30 throughout the day... lmao.

Might I add, all these negative reports do lower expectations... it could work in BB's favor next month.
    I had a dream last week, Blackberry sold 3,260 Z10's. Exactly 3,260.

BTW, in all of my research into BBRY over the last year, I've never seen a comment or analyst discuss the potential for sales to existing Iphone or android users who simply want to own and can afford multiple phones. In many cases, market ratios are not simply an either/or proposition. For those that are into smartphones and have no cost barrier, multiple device users are an easy sale for Blackberry.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 11:55 AM
    The funny thing is that all these bear analysts coming up with old news, false news without being asked or single requests made by anyone. We can understand if these guys making comments in tv interview or tech shows but they are working so hard to bash it and making un-invited comments. I think BB needs to hire BBLongs Director whose job is to do oposite..then SEC will step in and weed out these bas__rds.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 12:10 PM

You just woke up from a dream at 10:40??? Must be rough Kid Vibe! lol
    02-21-13 12:15 PM
    sounds like he got in at $6 and out at $18 to me too

:P
    02-21-13 12:30 PM
    Ha, skipped first class.

sounds like he got in at $6 and out at $18 to me too

:P
    I wish.
    02-21-13 12:46 PM
    Hello all, newb here again. On the good news front, I was hoping to get my Z10 from a BB employee who, like many of them, are offered a handful of unlocked units at a corporate rate for friends and family. Great marketing IMHO. I was ready to take the plunge and had the cash in hand but got told that I'd be waiting for maybe 2 or 3 months. Ouch. Reason given.....BB can't keep up with production and are shipping out every available unit and readying for bigger and better markets.

Oh we'll, I'm feeling like Seinfeld's Elaine right about now, sitting on the toilet with an empty roll and begging for a tissue from an unsympathetic squatter in the next stall who said " I'm sorry, I don't have a square.....not a square to spare".

Fingers crossed for everyone....and just on cautious pause to get in one more time for another 1k in shares. I'm trying to convince myself that when this happens, I'm gonna cut myself off from the world and come out of my cave sometime in 2014 or so.

Once again......you all keep me positive lol!!!
    zyben, DragonFlyer, q649 and 4 others like this.
    02-21-13 01:11 PM
    Hello all, newb here again. On the good news front, I was hoping to get my Z10 from a BB employee who, like many of them, are offered a handful of unlocked units at a corporate rate for friends and family. Great marketing IMHO. I was ready to take the plunge and had the cash in hand but got told that I'd be waiting for maybe 2 or 3 months. Ouch. Reason given.....BB can't keep up with production and are shipping out every available unit and readying for bigger and better markets.

Oh we'll, I'm feeling like Seinfeld's Elaine right about now, sitting on the toilet with an empty roll and begging for a tissue from an unsympathetic squatter in the next stall who said " I'm sorry, I don't have a square.....not a square to spare".

Fingers crossed for everyone....and just on cautious pause to get in one more time for another 1k in shares. I'm trying to convince myself that when this happens, I'm gonna cut myself off from the world and come out of my cave sometime in 2014 or so.

Welcome. Look forward to hearing more from you. I was informed in December, long before the launch that BB employees would not be able to get access to the Z10 for the first 3-6 months after the launch.
    02-21-13 01:20 PM
    That's right, get those phones up to the front lines!
    02-21-13 01:43 PM
    Every time I buy new shares at what I think might be around the low, it goes lower. Ah well, bring on earnings!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 01:50 PM
    $13.64 right now... rather stable. wondering what will happen till the end...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-13 02:03 PM

I hope this is true and what your friend is telling.....bad for you but good for BB and longs. We do not mind that you have to wait as we know you will but we want BB to grow, sell out to point that it can not keep up with prouducions.
    02-21-13 02:05 PM
    price going up in the final moments, hopefully see a 13.95 close
    02-21-13 02:12 PM
    Well what do ya know.... we're in the green...
    02-21-13 02:13 PM
113,251 ... 234235236237238 ...