View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Forbes is considered to be a reputable business magazine or so I've heard. How can it carry negative (anti-BB) articles without slightest fact checking? I mean, aren't journalists suppose to do some fact checking? And if facts are inaccessible, get views from both sides? Forbes seem to be only carrying negative articles (like laughably low 300,000 BB10 sales estimate) with no counter narrative or opinion.
    02-20-13 09:34 PM
    I read somewhere that BB is cranking out about 3M phones / month in production. Can anyone confirm or post a link?

I have been looking for info like this but have not seen anything till now.
    02-20-13 09:44 PM
    Forbes is considered to be a reputable business magazine or so I've heard. How can it carry negative (anti-BB) articles without slightest fact checking? I mean, aren't journalists suppose to do some fact checking? And if facts are inaccessible, get views from both sides? Forbes seem to be only carrying negative articles (like laughably low 300,000 BB10 sales estimate) with no counter narrative or opinion.
    Ya. It dosen't smell right to me either. The only thing I can thik of is money money money and more money.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-20-13 09:50 PM
    Silly question but are we in trouble here? I can't help but detect a since of uncertainty and a bit of despair in here today. I know what the share price is but don’t know what is considered dangerously low or at what point it can’t recover. Comments?
    02-20-13 10:11 PM
    There is support at $13 remember when we broke under that and rallied. A lot of peoples nerves are strucked but theres nothing we can do right now with only negative manipulated news being released
    02-20-13 10:16 PM
    Silly question but are we in trouble here? I can't help but detect a since of uncertainty and a bit of despair in here today. I know what the share price is but don’t know what is considered dangerously low or at what point it can’t recover. Comments?
    I agree with Lcjr. I sense a bit of un certainty and despair here today as well. I also know that the control of the stock price is at the hands of the hedge funds, financial institutions and large share holders. How else do you have analysts who are supposed to have some knowledge about the stock they are commenting on, giving different forecast? Really they like a weather forecaster. Give their prediction but never accountable with their results. I am positive enough to believe the stock will go back again before the weekend. But not because of the expectation of BB, but the pump and dump theory. If you have a large share interest, do you want this stock to tank? No... YouTube stock manipulation.
    02-20-13 10:22 PM
    These medias are only creating more opportunity for easy monies IMO.

The riskiest part for BBRY is over, the OS has had pretty positive reviews and will clearly appeal to a group of individuals. It's different, it offers an up to par or even superior some would say alternative to the current duopoly. The entire business has gone through a lot of management changes and we've seen a new BBRY, really more vibrant and exciting. I see BBRY ads everywhere: on the highway, TV and online. The opinion of BBRY by the US public is no longer negative, it's actually neutral. I can see BBRY at number 2 in the long run, I think it depends on how AAPL fights back but now the ball is in AAPL's court. I think AAPL users in general are more likely to come over than GOOG users so I expect AAPL to "be hit" more than GOOG from BBRY. Of course, nothing is certain and if all the batteries in 6 months dies because of lack of testing or manufacturing problem or whatever, you get the idea, I mean that's the kind of thing that is not predictable from the outside, still pretty low chance of something like that happening as BBRY and it's partners have experience developing & manufacturing these kind of devices. No investment is risk free but I consider this to be a good one which means the expected value is positive IMO. I do not hold the truth to life or anything, this is just my analysis on the current situation etc.
    Last edited by TheRealMisterB; 02-21-13 at 03:17 AM.
    02-20-13 10:24 PM
    These medias are only creating more opportunity for easy monies IMO.
    Yes, I agree. How does does that guy from Canaccord make a statement like he did without having facts? The only people that know how sales are actually doing are BB board.
    02-20-13 10:31 PM
    Yes, I agree. How does does that guy from Canaccord make a statement like he did without having facts? The only people that know how sales are actually doing are BB board.
    Maybe because Canaccord wants the stock to fall, and then they will buy their shares and wait for it to rise.

Shoulda sold the damn thing at 17... and waited, but when you see it climb and climb, you get greedy! I'll give this thing until launch. If it dips under 13 I'll start to worry...
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-20-13 10:33 PM
    02-20-13 10:40 PM
    Maybe because Canaccord wants the stock to fall, and then they will buy their shares and wait for it to rise.

Shoulda sold the damn thing at 17... and waited, but when you see it climb and climb, you get greedy! I'll give this thing until launch. If it dips under 13 I'll start to worry...
    I'm with you on that one Kid Vibe. I'm in this for the long term, but want to take advantage of the dips and peaks along the way.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-20-13 10:42 PM
    I am not concerned about my investments in this product and in this stock. I have purchased this stock many times ranging from $8 to $60. I have never sold any nor do I plan to for the next few years. The way I see it is that when I retire this will give me lots of play time and spoiled fun at the very least. If you are in for the short term then I would say that you are playing with fire. If you are in for the long term then I would say sit back and enjoy the ride. These are only my opinions and in no way should be used as a guide. Research the company. Listen to your head not your gut and you should do fine. Oh ya and don't put your eggs all in one basket and all that stuff.
    02-20-13 10:43 PM
    I am not concerned about my investments in this product and in this stock. I have purchased this stock many times ranging from $8 to $60. I have never sold any nor do I plan to for the next few years. The way I see it is that when I retire this will give me lots of play time and spoiled fun at the very least. If you are in for the short term then I would say that you are playing with fire. If you are in for the long term then I would say sit back and enjoy the ride. These are only my opinions and in no way should be used as a guide. Research the company. Listen to your head not your gut and you should do fine. Oh ya and don't put your eggs all in one basket and all that stuff.
    Couldn't agree more. I do have other stocks besides this as well. I enjoy the ride and can't wait to see where we get to. I just want to take advantage of the flux when possible. Your comments are most appreciated.
    02-20-13 10:48 PM
    Here is tweet from South Africa,
    line up to get z10, looks genuine
    https://twitter.com/NegatronDev/stat...28697337483266

Negatron‏@NegatronDev
    @rr_yy @Berryreview Z10 available on Vodacom South Africa as of today. Customer queue to purchase Z10 pic.twitter.com/i0q32OWH

BlackBerry Z10 Launches in South Africa - BerryReview
    02-20-13 10:51 PM
    I read somewhere that BB is cranking out about 3M phones / month in production. Can anyone confirm or post a link?
    The analyst Peter Misek had confirmed that BB increased the production from 500k/month to 1-1.5 million per month in Decemeber. I know my phone was built in december as it was last rebooted on December 4th.
    02-20-13 10:54 PM

totally agree! I believe there was another analyst a while back making a low ball prediction with BB. I guess he was doing the same. I am in the same boat as you. I got caught a couple of time buying and selling when the stock was flying high and low. It was totally manipulated. I decided to protect myself I will sell at a certain price. As you said, when it was going up you don't want to sell, but its the same when its going down. I will also worry if it goes under $13 but I think the big boys will pump this stock before it gets any lower. Good luck! Btw watch jim Cramer on YouTube about stock manipulation .
    02-20-13 10:54 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I do have other stocks besides this as well. I enjoy the ride and can't wait to see where we get to. I just want to take advantage of the flux when possible. Your comments are most appreciated.
    I have thought of trying to sell on highs and buy on lows many times in the past but have never been able to pull the trigger.I can't figure out what is going to happen from one day to the next with this stock.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    02-20-13 10:57 PM
    I found this artical an interesting read. It's about mobile stats in S Africa.

Mobile Phone Usage in South Africa | DStv Online

I am going to research the economy there. If it is going through an improvement it could be a huge win for BB with people upgrading to a smart phone(BB07) or a super smart phone(BB10). Any and all input is welcome.
    02-20-13 11:23 PM
    My post count is at 13. I had to change that.
    plane6065, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    02-20-13 11:25 PM
    Im hoping to see a rally upwards tommorow. ive got call options for friday, and anything less than 14.50 is a loss!

Not much substance being reported, but in a way thats good. we havent seen any issues of phones exploding/catching fire/bugging out [excessively], etc. I think the Z10 hardware is one of the best phones out there, it looks sleek and packs solid specs. The OS is the biggest concern right now, and getting people to re-adopt blackberry is the challenge.

question is: how willing are people to return to BB after using droid or iphone?
    02-20-13 11:49 PM
    BB got all covered including OS, hardware, design, spec, features except apps. It's all about core apps, without these core apps the phone now a days is useless..more and more people talking less, using apps more. Without instagra, viber, whatsapp, netflix and skype it will be failure just like PB. Lack of these apps will send wrong message to people looking into buying z10. BB must do all, even pay vendors, hire some senior programmers in India..( millions are out there ) but get apps out ASAP. I already heard back from my cousinwho switched to z10 that he loves the os and hardware but but he will go back to iphone so he can socialize with friends using whatsapp and viber..
    02-21-13 12:04 AM
    not the first to hear that...whatsapp and instagram like it or not is a core app for an everyday consumer..have a few friends on the fence waiting for them to come out being switching

BB got all covered including OS, hardware, design, spec, features except apps. It's all about core apps, without these core apps the phone now a days is useless..more and more people talking less, using apps more. Without instagra, viber, whatsapp, netflix and skype it will be failure just like PB. Lack of these apps will send wrong message to people looking into buying z10. BB must do all, even pay vendors, hire some senior programmers in India..( millions are out there ) but get apps out ASAP. I already heard back from my cousinwho switched to z10 that he loves the os and hardware but but he will go back to iphone so he can socialize with friends using whatsapp and viber..
    02-21-13 12:39 AM
    Hey Kevin if you are out there this message is directed to you. Everybody is trying to figure out how the Z10 sales numbers are doing. Since everybody seems to be keeping tight lipped about it except the analysts who appear to be pulling numbers out of there donkey, maybe we could get some accessories numbers from you. The Z10 has been on sale in Canada for over two weeks now. How many accessories have you sold in the Canadian market in the first two weeks? How does this compare to previos launches? Have the accessories for the older models dropped off sharpley or stayed the same? This would give us a number on how many sales are from new BB users compared to old BB users. Lets analize the heck out of this until we get unbelievably good numbers and then put it out there for the world to see.
    coldsword likes this.
    02-21-13 01:10 AM
    I don't have exact numbers as well but I ordered a carbon fiber skin on skinomi.com 6 days ago. Still hasn't shipped. Emailed them about it and finally got a response. This is what they said: "Foremost we would like to apologize for any delay you have encountered. The BlackBerry Z10 Carbon Fiber Skin Protector shipping is temporarily delayed due to such high demand. We are shipping orders for the BlackBerry Z10 Carbon Fiber Skin Protector as quickly as possible and your order will be shipped within the next 4-10 business days."

I know that didn't really answer anything but I thought I would just throw it out there.
    02-21-13 01:16 AM
    I don't have exact numbers as well but I ordered a carbon fiber skin on skinomi.com 6 days ago. Still hasn't shipped. Emailed them about it and finally got a response. This is what they said: "Foremost we would like to apologize for any delay you have encountered. The BlackBerry Z10 Carbon Fiber Skin Protector shipping is temporarily delayed due to such high demand. We are shipping orders for the BlackBerry Z10 Carbon Fiber Skin Protector as quickly as possible and your order will be shipped within the next 4-10 business days."

I know that didn't really answer anything but I thought I would just throw it out there.
    This is great news. If you consider that the US market doesn't even have the BB10 yet to be a part of this high demand, this is really great news.
    02-21-13 01:27 AM
113,256 ... 231232233234235 ...