View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Don't think this is a head fake. There's a not a lot of volume, but sell volume is pushing this sucker down.

Don't expect any news from BB. They're in silent period until ER. If we're lucky we'll see some news from 3rd party but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Exactly, all the "good news" is out for now. ER may disappoint some. We need hard sales numbers and a firm US launch date to be the next big mover of the stock. I expect drift here, just less buyers than Sellers so it will either drift down, it the technicals will boost it a bit. Absent news, I don't expect as much volatility as we have have but BBRY always surprises! No need to buy here for many, they will wait and see and without buyer the price could drift down. Who knows....
    02-20-13 08:50 AM
    You got a decent recovery and pop from the B+ to A- launch and release and sales figures in Canada and the UK. I think the stock will stabilize here (14-17) awaiting the quarterly reports and US launch. So far, so good and I think it is consolidating to go higher, but expecting news about a launch in UAE to drive the stock price higher is asking a lot. I expect some will want to take profits and not wait out the actual sales figures and US launch so there could be some selling pressure over the next few weeks. Remarkably no antenna and battery gate or other major release bugs/issues that I know of. +1 for that! . There is also a lot of positive news that is already out there which may be baked in already. Who really knows? Good luck today, and this week, it should be interesting, as it always is.... JMHO
    This what i posted back on the 11th and I am still sticking to it! Range could be a little off...
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-20-13 08:54 AM
    haha, have to agree. even now, it looks like it is creeping back up slightly. I wouldnt be surprised to see it at +2% or better by the end of the day
    M-X.CA shows 30-day historic volatility of BB as 47.64%. To put that in perspective, Telus (a Canadian mobile Carrier) has a volatility of ~15%.
    02-20-13 08:59 AM
    Well, I did manage to come up with some extra funds, so this drop allowed me to pick up 20 more shares. Hey, we can't all afford to buy hundreds at a whack ya know. lol
    02-20-13 09:00 AM
    Surging back to even :^)

-0.06 (-0.45%)
    Real-time: 10:02AM EST
    02-20-13 09:02 AM
    what happened there, someone buying up a lot of stock?
    02-20-13 09:06 AM
    what happened there, someone buying up a lot of stock?
    Yeah, that 20 shares I just picked up rocked the market! hahahaha..
    02-20-13 09:09 AM
    Exactly, all the "good news" is out for now.
    The only news I am waiting for is an OS update that addresses 1) critical bugs (there are only a few of them, so it should not take long to fix) 2) adds some BB7 features to BB10 3) adds some new (most requested 5 or 10) features. Details in my wishlist thread.

If they release an OS update with all this addressed in say next 2 weeks, I think that'd result in a wave of good reviews and stock will take care of itself!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-20-13 09:10 AM
    We've had $2 mid day reversals and you are worried about a fifty cent drop?
    I am sorry but you really shouldn't be in this stock. This is the calmest week we have had in months.

Posted via CB10
    Snide remarks aside, I'm just saying I had a feeling this was going to happen. Could have sold some yesterday and maybe picked some up today when it goes below $14 (speculation) and tried to make some money back. I have a fair amount of money tied up, probably not as much as you, but enough. Like others have said, not every one is a big player and I'll take my gains where I can find them. I missed an opportunity, cause for me, a paltry 50Cent drop is another $1000 bucks I could have put in my pocket.
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-20-13 09:12 AM
    Some heavy articles both ways yesterday...all largely speculative. It will be good when the facts start coming.
    02-20-13 09:25 AM
    The only news I am waiting for is an OS update that addresses 1) critical bugs (there are only a few of them, so it should not take long to fix) 2) adds some BB7 features to BB10 3) adds some new (most requested 5 or 10) features. Details in my wishlist thread.

If they release an OS update with all this addressed in say next 2 weeks, I think that'd result in a wave of good reviews and stock will take care of itself!
    Sorry, but those are irrelevant on how the stock reacts. All reviews have been already made and an OS update will not make someone re-review a product. We need real news like numbers, partnerships, etc prior to the ER (which we won't get imo).
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-20-13 09:33 AM
    When exactly do the quarterly reports come out? I'm assuming they will be posted on NASDAQ??
    02-20-13 09:39 AM
    Sorry, but those are irrelevant on how the stock reacts. All reviews have been already made and an OS update will not make someone re-review a product. We need real news like numbers, partnerships, etc prior to the ER (which we won't get imo).
    You are missing the bigger picture. Z10 is a great product. It'd become even more AWESOME and PHENOMENAL if BlackBerry moves fast in implementing end-user feedback. Once that happens, it'll sell itself (word of mouth from existing BB users, wave of good reviews as it launches in other countries) and good sales will get reflected in ER, attract developer interest etc.

Ultimately, the single most important thing BlackBerry can do is swiftly respond to end-user feedback (bug reports, feature requests) and everything else (sales, app-developers interest, word of mouth marketing, good reviews, buzz) will logically follow from there.

When exactly do the quarterly reports come out? I'm assuming they will be posted on NASDAQ??
    Quarter ending March 2, 2013 will be reported on March 28, 2013, I believe. You can go to BlackBerry.com -> company -> investor relations and see schedule of events
    MrBurns2U, bungaboy, s0be and 1 others like this.
    02-20-13 09:41 AM
    Nothing new but I would be surprised if it hit those estimates. 300,000 seems reasonable for February to me.

BlackBerry: Z10 Sell-In Light Of Estimates, Analyst Says - Forbes
    02-20-13 10:18 AM
    Just in case there are others relatively new to investing in Blackberry, this link takes you to their financial documents, such as quarterly and annual reports. The next quarterly report gets released on 28 March, according to their website. Financial Documents - US
    02-20-13 10:21 AM
    Could be my day to buy some shares. Waiting till low 13 range. And hopefully the earnings report is solid next month
    02-20-13 10:41 AM
    I'm just making an assumption that the share prices won't go down much further than they are right now. Nobody can say for sure, but Blackberry does have some serious money and assets.
    02-20-13 10:44 AM
    Lmao some guys is posting all these analysts that downgraded BBRY's accuracy rate and wow they're bad.

Pacific Crest's Analyst James Faucette says "SELL" $BBRY.his success rate is only 44% on BUY/SELL ratings according to TipRanks
    Capital IQ Analyst James Moorman repeats "sell" $BBRY. TipRanks shows his accuracy rate since 2009 is only 43%

Would have better odds flipping a coin. All these analysts that give their predictions should have their success rate in bold at the top of the release.
    02-20-13 10:52 AM
    Nothing new but I would be surprised if it hit those estimates. 300,000 seems reasonable for February to me.

BlackBerry: Z10 Sell-In Light Of Estimates, Analyst Says - Forbes
    I stopped reading anything that guy writes and Forbes tech all together.
    02-20-13 10:54 AM
    Peter Misek update on BBRY.

On BlackBerry, Misek said initial Z10 sales have not been as bad as many feared and recent launches in France, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Kuwait have gone well. In the UK 20%+ of Carphone Warehouse phones are out of stock based on Tuesday night checks. "We raise Feb Q estimates from $2.5B/$(0.42) to $2.8B/$(0.34) after including 500K BB10 shipments but remain slightly below St $2.9B/$(0.33). We note consensus estimates have decreased over the last six weeks. We remain well above St for the May Q and Aug Q (we estimate 4M BB10 sales at a $600 ASP and 30% GM in each quarter) but reiterate that it is not just about the phone. We continue to see software opportunities in mobile device management and BYOD to drive value." The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $19.50 on BBRY.

StreetInsider.com - Jefferies Sees Decelerating Smartphone Sales Ahead of Major Launches (AAPL) (BBRY)
    02-20-13 11:21 AM
    It's an analyst war! The winner gets to pick the direction of the stock price for the next week!
    02-20-13 11:25 AM
    I don't know if it's war or collusion;

Stock goes up and they all get rich. Then they all sell and drive it back down to the bottom of the channel. They all buy back in then the bulls report positive news. Price goes up and they all get richer. Then they sell and drive the price back down.

Rinse and repeat.
    leafs123 likes this.
    02-20-13 11:33 AM
    I don't know if it's war or collusion;

Stock goes up and they all get rich. Then they all sell and drive it back down to the bottom of the channel. They all buy back in then the bulls report positive news. Price goes up and they all get richer. Then they sell and drive the price back down.

Rinse and repeat.
    If only we could predict the peaks and dips when that happens. I'd rinse and repeat along with them. Hey, that's a dollar here and a dollar there that adds up.
    02-20-13 11:38 AM
    Seems to be less volatile as it has been the previous weeks... I'm just worried that if it stays this low then most of us won't have a cushion if the earnings doesn't match peoples expectations... Hopefully we can see a 16-18 dollar range before then.

As for the Sony rumor, I haven't read anything about the PS4 running QNX...

From the car to your phone: How BlackBerry ported over QNX for its new OS | Ars Technica Nice article about QNX... It seems most people are focusing on the BB 10 itself... While it is a major turning point for BB, don't underestimate what QNX can do in the future for various products. Could it be the next WINDOWS?
    02-20-13 11:41 AM
    Yep, agreed. I think the earnings will match my own personal expectations, but am unsure as to how long that will take. While others on this forum are "long" for years to come, I'm more into the spirit of investing for short term gains at long term status. Meaning, I plan on sticking with Blackberry, but when there's a chance of making a profit from the highs and lows, I'm all in for that. But then again, I'm not sticking hundreds of thousands of dollars in this either. I think there's a great variance of investors in here and that's a good thing.
    02-20-13 11:50 AM
113,256 ... 228229230231232 ...