View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There's rumors that the new ps4 may be running on QNX. I find that hard to believe as we would've had some leaks about that by now for sure.
    wow ... THAT's a rumor !!!
    Feel free to spread it over the entire interwebz, but please, don't quote me !!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-13 01:25 PM
    I don't think anyone would be comparing BBRY to Samsung or iOS esp for a fight for 3rd place, which Thor has said multiple times. Everyone knows BBRY isn't trying to claim 1st or even 2nd place at this moment, so that point isn't hugely valid imo.

It should be a direct comparison to WP8 sales....
    the world doesn't work like you think? if everyone were so thoughtful and logical BBRY won't be trading at such low levels
    02-19-13 01:28 PM
    Its important to also consider the allure and market of blackberry in developing areas such as the UAE, ghana, beruit, turkey, lebanon, etc. In these places there is a huge wealth forming and market tycoons and shieks are causing huge technological centers and companies to arise from a landscape that was much more barren only a few years ago. In this way, blackberry is known as a status icon of business and corporate power.

ps: what happened to the stock today? It started great, had no real news besides a moronic $9 valuation, and is now sliding down towards the opening price. I had hoped a long weekend would help get some more Z10's into the right hands and helped kick off a short-week rally. Anyone think this will still happen? Im sitting on some $14 calls for friday, and need to see this go to $15 if i want to make a profit,
    leafs123 and austriker like this.
    02-19-13 01:32 PM
    Why would you expect it to move up?
    Nothing based on facts, that's for sure. Basing my "maybe" on pure speculation and past roller coaster trend. All in good fun....
    02-19-13 01:47 PM
    The 5dma has kept above the 50 dma earlier, but quickly died off and looks to cross back below it. This, I am told, can be quite a bearish signal in the short-term.

On a positive note, we appear to be back to undersold status with an RSI(14) of 44.

Would be nice to move up enough to keep the 5 day above the 50 and maintain this lower-half RSI.

Basically. We need news/announcements of a positive sort until the Earning Call.

Edit: we have not crossed below 50 dma. All should be well if we can maintain this level. Might setup well for tomorrow. Also, I am watching BB as opposed to BBRY
    02-19-13 01:48 PM
    Also, we are cash flow positive, with a book value double-digit %s higher than where we sit, what appears to be a product selling above expectations and a very strong management team from all accounts.

My buffett/fisher side is very comfortable.
    02-19-13 01:54 PM
    Bought the stocks at $16.11 right before the BB10 launch. Is always below my cost since then.
    02-19-13 01:55 PM
    Not an exciting day but at least not a losing one...
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-19-13 01:58 PM
    Bought the stocks at $16.11 right before the BB10 launch. Is always below my cost since then.
    It's not you it's me...
    Lol
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-19-13 02:00 PM
    It appears to be a blah day, followed by a blah close. haha.

Bouncing along the bottom, with a neutral RSI.

Side note: no one appears to be able to get a replacement screen for my Z10 yet. So, I have supported the cause further by buying another Z10 while I wait until they are available to fix this one.
    zyben likes this.
    02-19-13 02:25 PM
    It appears to be a blah day, followed by a blah close. haha.

Bouncing along the bottom, with a neutral RSI.

Side note: no one appears to be able to get a replacement screen for my Z10 yet. So, I have supported the cause further by buying another Z10 while I wait until they are available to fix this one.
    Did you drop it?
    02-19-13 02:31 PM
    Yup. Rather than soften the fall to the concrete, I accidentally punched it towards the ground. Everything works, I just can't see the screen.
    austriker and plane6065 like this.
    02-19-13 02:36 PM
    Yup. Rather than soften the fall to the concrete, I accidentally punched it towards the ground. Everything works, I just can't see the screen.
    I'm going to miss that part of my bbos phones, where I could drop them multiple times and keep using them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    dusdal likes this.
    02-19-13 02:45 PM
    Hmm.... now we just need to get everyone else to do that and the March ER will be amazing!
    dusdal, MoolahMitch and bungaboy like this.
    02-19-13 03:43 PM
    Isn't that apple's trick? Every iphone you see has a smashed screen or the phone is recently replaced. Lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-13 03:59 PM
    Just waiting for MP+8 chart for today, stayed within channel :P and didn't break below 14.17
    02-19-13 04:05 PM
    Yep, would be good to get a fresh perspective and outlook on the short week.
    02-19-13 04:37 PM
    I thought I would post one more chart for today even though we didn't accomplish much:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-19-2013-chart.jpg

I intensionally dropped Sept and much of Oct off the chart so that we can have a better look at the days trading. We almost broke out of last weeks downtrend line, we got stopped by more rediculous news about extremely light sales of Z10. What a joke that was, still, we managed to hold a gap up opening, never retraced that one, and, ended up on the day in that area that I refer to as "nowhere but positive". We are at or above the downtrend line, we are just under the 5-dma line at $ 14.56/shr and tomorrow when the stock opens, the 5-dma will be $ 14.46/shr or just above our close today. And so you have us well above the 50-dma, just below the breakout mark of the 5-dma and the media still bashing BB.

The volume is perfect, we have found great support just above $ 14.00/shr now supporting the idea that the channel is still intact. What we need is an excuse to rally now, at least to the $ 16.00/shr mark. We have a rising pennant formation here, to be resolved to the upside is my bet. I placed a blue arrow where the Friday trades will occur to show you that the top/bottom range is $ 1.00/shr at this time. Sure, we could trade all the way to Friday (3 more days) and still be range bound here. I would think that this is unlikely though, we could breakout for a very good run with the top of the channel approaching $ 21.00/shr this time around. When I say $ 21.00 as a target that is the price the stock can go to and still remain within the channel, not the price I think it is going too! LOL

And so, we need to open tomorrow, flat, if we do that, it will press itself against the 5-dma and set us up for another rally here. Anything positive and we have a rally to at least $ 16.00/shr for this week, I'll take that! GL
    02-19-13 04:51 PM
    we need to open tomorrow, flat, if we do that, it will press itself against the 5-dma and set us up for another rally here. Anything positive and we have a rally to at least $ 16.00/shr for this week, I'll take that! GL
    02-19-13 06:31 PM
    02-19-13 07:30 PM
    Good article from Forrester posted on Jan 30.
    The market still has huge room left for our BB growth!

http://blogs.forrester.com/ted_schad...erious_catchup
    02-19-13 07:48 PM
    We are past the pre-launch hype zone. Lots of people will know what is happening in BBRY and in the channels before the retail investors know. Basically the retail investors are the last in the chain to know . Institutional investors will also be in the know ... they are connected in a way that the retail investor can not be. I don't think the retail investor can time the market like "connected" shareholders can. It seems to me that folks are investing on the basis of hope rather than intimate knowledge of the industry and the company.

Morganplus8 must know a lot about trading etc but are the techniques he uses applicable to all shares? Will BBRY prices behave as expected according to conventional wisdom ? I am a little dubious when the stock is highly speculative. We just don't know right now if BBRY can be a profitable company going forward. BB10 is just part of the story. I think the bigger story is how well BBRY does in BRIC countries.

I really hope BBRY does well and all you folks make a lot of money ! I just think BBRY is too risky for your average investor.
    tiziano27 likes this.
    02-19-13 08:27 PM
    I thought I would post one more chart for today even though we didn't accomplish much:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM Feb 19 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	136816

I intensionally dropped Sept and much of Oct off the chart so that we can have a better look at the days trading. We almost broke out of last weeks downtrend line, we got stopped by more rediculous news about extremely light sales of Z10. What a joke that was, still, we managed to hold a gap up opening, never retraced that one, and, ended up on the day in that area that I refer to as "nowhere but positive". We are at or above the downtrend line, we are just under the 5-dma line at $ 14.56/shr and tomorrow when the stock opens, the 5-dma will be $ 14.46/shr or just above our close today. And so you have us well above the 50-dma, just below the breakout mark of the 5-dma and the media still bashing BB.

The volume is perfect, we have found great support just above $ 14.00/shr now supporting the idea that the channel is still intact. What we need is an excuse to rally now, at least to the $ 16.00/shr mark. We have a rising pennant formation here, to be resolved to the upside is my bet. I placed a blue arrow where the Friday trades will occur to show you that the top/bottom range is $ 1.00/shr at this time. Sure, we could trade all the way to Friday (3 more days) and still be range bound here. I would think that this is unlikely though, we could breakout for a very good run with the top of the channel approaching $ 21.00/shr this time around. When I say $ 21.00 as a target that is the price the stock can go to and still remain within the channel, not the price I think it is going too! LOL

And so, we need to open tomorrow, flat, if we do that, it will press itself against the 5-dma and set us up for another rally here. Anything positive and we have a rally to at least $ 16.00/shr for this week, I'll take that! GL
    Another plus is we still have an open gap at 16.44 that needs to fill
    02-19-13 10:30 PM
    Another plus is we still have an open gap at 16.44 that needs to fill
    what do you mean by open gap?
    02-19-13 11:02 PM
    We are past the pre-launch hype zone. Lots of people will know what is happening in BBRY and in the channels before the retail investors know. Basically the retail investors are the last in the chain to know . Institutional investors will also be in the know ... they are connected in a way that the retail investor can not be. I don't think the retail investor can time the market like "connected" shareholders can. It seems to me that folks are investing on the basis of hope rather than intimate knowledge of the industry and the company.

Morganplus8 must know a lot about trading etc but are the techniques he uses applicable to all shares? Will BBRY prices behave as expected according to conventional wisdom ? I am a little dubious when the stock is highly speculative. We just don't know right now if BBRY can be a profitable company going forward. BB10 is just part of the story. I think the bigger story is how well BBRY does in BRIC countries.

I really hope BBRY does well and all you folks make a lot of money ! I just think BBRY is too risky for your average investor.
    esp in the case of BBRY tech analysis works as the share price represents all the info, including the hidden info for retail investors,
    the share price, represented on the chart, discounts all available info, hidden, connected or insider.
    the chart may not be perfect, but is there a better way to sort it out? esp for the retailer
    02-20-13 12:59 AM
113,256 ... 226227228229230 ...