View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry,
    He was saying Korea isn't worth it unless you are a korean company or if you are extremely popular in the united states.

When you said "Isn't Samsung king over there?" I thought you were saying Samsung was neither Korean nor popular in the states. I was just trying to clarify for you.

No one said it works the same in Canada.

No problem man. Let's hope it will be mint here one day.
    02-16-13 07:32 PM
    Should you change to poll to :

I am holding BB shares until I can make a reasonable profit .

I am holding BB shares for the long term, at least 1 to 2 years.

I leave investing in BB to the day traders.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-16-13 08:48 PM
    We'll have good numbers on the next earnings report. I think the stock could go down farther with the 5dma in consideration.
    02-16-13 08:53 PM
    One thing I realized... I went against my strategy with greed. I originally wanted a short term investment with a $1500 profit, then I would sell. However, literally in one week, my profit jumped to 3 times that... I became greedy and held on, now it is back down to under par... Now, I have pretty much decided to settle in and hold on for the LONG run. I am somewhat disappointed in myself, however, I have carefully analyzed the situation and I truly believe this stock can go over $20. Whether I come out on top or not, we will see. I guess my belief for this company at the moment is just too strong for a short term swing. Lets go BB!

One of the reasons I am taking a slightly bigger risk is b/c I am a young investor who doesn't have a mortgage or really any bills to pay. I'm sure many people have seen themselves act differently with investing. It's quite an interesting ordeal. IMO, these boards can somewhat be dangerous as well, due to hype and the general consensus, everyone feels positive towards the stock. This isn't necessarily the case for me as I do feel that the positives of the company outweigh the negatives via my own research, but for some people I'm sure they base their assumptions strictly on the posts here in this thread. In saying this though, there have been some very interesting posts that have been quite insightful in providing strong evidence for a buy and hold strategy.

Just remember.

BALLS.OF.STEEL.
    plane6065, fedakd, s0be and 1 others like this.
    02-16-13 11:03 PM
    One thing I realized... I went against my strategy with greed. I originally wanted a short term investment with a $1500 profit, then I would sell. However, literally in one week, my profit jumped to 3 times that... I became greedy and held on, now it is back down to under par... Now, I have pretty much decided to settle in and hold on for the LONG run. I am somewhat disappointing in myself, however, I have carefully analyzed the situation and I truly believe this stock can go over $20. Whether I come out on top or not, we will see. I guess my belief for this company at the moment is just too strong for a short term swing. Lets go BB!
    For a second there, I thought I wrote that message. I was up $8,000 then back down to even , up again and currently sitting + $1,200. A roller coaster ride for sure. Stay the course long and don't worry about BB stock mood swings. It will be unpredictable until earning, and when solid numbers come out. I may sell a portion of my stock if goes up to protect my interest. No guarantees in life, or especially not in the stock market.
    02-16-13 11:12 PM
    The ********* changed around the forum so now we are buried in a subforum.

FOR SHAME!!

This is by far the best forum under news and rumors, why bury it?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-16-13 11:27 PM
    The consumer reviews of the Z10 are really,really good. However, I believe the release of the Q10 will reveal the true pent up demand for BlackBerry. Get ready for the fireworks!
    02-17-13 05:35 AM
    The ********* changed around the forum so now we are buried in a subforum.

FOR SHAME!!

This is by far the best forum under news and rumors, why bury it?
    Some of us asked for it to have it's own section because it was dominating the other threads, and it is really a different beastie. Most of the other threads are about the company, competitors, or products. This thread is almost exclusively about the stock. (and as we've seen over the last few days, the stock sometimes has nothing to do with the products or company!!!)
    02-17-13 07:28 AM
    Some of us asked for it to have it's own section because it was dominating the other threads, and it is really a different beastie. Most of the other threads are about the company, competitors, or products. This thread is almost exclusively about the stock. (and as we've seen over the last few days, the stock sometimes has nothing to do with the products or company!!!)
    nobody here asked for that..........
    02-17-13 08:04 AM
    It's nice to see some balanced articles...

It's Time To Bet On BlackBerry. - Seeking Alpha
    Shanerredflag, Jake2826 and m0de25 like this.
    02-17-13 08:22 AM
    Some of us asked for it to have it's own section because it was dominating the other threads, Most of the other threads are about the company, competitors, or products.
    I am not sure what you meant by it dominating and how that is bad.
    Also, if you read this thread, you would find plenty of discussions and news about company, competitors, and products, because they are factors that determine the value of the stock (not withstanding short term fluctuations).
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 02-17-13 at 10:04 AM.
    02-17-13 08:32 AM
    Who are "Some of us"?

Oh my manners, welcome aboard.
    02-17-13 08:46 AM
    Did they say anything about ratios of Andoird/iPhone/Z10? 1:1 iPhone to Z10 sale ratio? Anything like this?
    They said the iPhone/Z10 sales ratios are pretty much equal.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    02-17-13 10:45 AM
    The topic of moving the bbry discussion has come up in other threads. Obviously Kevin agreed, and he may have a master plan. I think one point for moving it is to keep the information in the other threads a bit more "consumer palatable". Although many of us own bbry and want to discuss /hear every rumour, some of the people visiting CB (maybe even the majority?) are just consumers / fans. They may find the financial stuff pointless/troubling/offputting and just want to know if a bb10 torch or a red z10 is coming soon.
    02-17-13 10:57 AM
    It's still easy to find...no worries.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-13 11:09 AM
    It was requested. Nobody is trying to bury anything. On point of fact, it is easier to find.

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...4/#post7997808
    slipstream89 likes this.
    02-17-13 11:17 AM
    It's still easy to find...no worries.
    Yeah, even easier to find now.
    02-17-13 01:12 PM
    IMO:

the stock is headed up long-term. I just got a Z10, and like everyone else who has owned/reviewed it so far, i LOVE it. its solid, it carries the blackberry professionalism, and it is a huge leap foward from anything they've sold in the last few years. I personally think BB/RIM will regain its market share, enough to send this past $20. ($40 by year-end wouldn't surprise me as long as distribution goes smoothly)

However, short term is being modulated by the market makers and day-traders. Just the past few days, option values have been fluctuating by 50-150% in a single day if you feel confident to ride the bulls and bears
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-17-13 02:33 PM
    Good luck. High risk, but potentially REALLY high returns.
    Isn't that the point! The only thing more risky than the market is the weather as farmers know, yet the weather seems more genuine. I bought BBRY (then RIMM) when I thought it was near the bottom in Feb. 2012. The ride's been pretty close to what I told ths broker but, 13.50 was NOT the bottom, as you all know. But, life is so dull without risk.
    02-17-13 02:45 PM
    IMO:

the stock is headed up long-term. I just got a Z10, and like everyone else who has owned/reviewed it so far, i LOVE it. its solid, it carries the blackberry professionalism, and it is a huge leap foward from anything they've sold in the last few years. I personally think BB/RIM will regain its market share, enough to send this past $20. ($40 by year-end wouldn't surprise me as long as distribution goes smoothly)

However, short term is being modulated by the market makers and day-traders. Just the past few days, option values have been fluctuating by 50-150% in a single day if you feel confident to ride the bulls and bears

It's the roller coaster for me!
    02-17-13 04:00 PM
    Any truth to bbry delisting from nasdaq? A rumor from a different site ... stockhouse.com?
    02-17-13 08:21 PM
    Any truth to bbry delisting from nasdaq? A rumor from a different site ... stockhouse.com?
    As far as deslisting goes, the only thing I'm aware of is that RIMM was delisted from the Nasdaq 100 last December.
    02-17-13 08:31 PM
    As far as deslisting goes, the only thing I'm aware of is that RIMM was delisted from the Nasdaq 100 last December.
    Same...curious now though.
    02-17-13 08:39 PM
    Be good to see...get away from the corruption on Wallstreet.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-17-13 09:54 PM
    I'd rather trade in China some days...
    02-17-13 09:55 PM
113,256 ... 221222223224225 ...