702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'd like to see $17-18 range by close.
    I'd like to see $30-40.

But I'll settle for closing in the 15s
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    02-15-13 08:45 AM
    apparently samsung are developing a competing enterprise platform.

BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) is seeing wild action early. After trading up pre-open, shares were hit on negative analysts commentary about Samsung developing a competing enterprise platform - they are now back 0.7% higher.
    02-15-13 08:46 AM
    I'd like to see $30-40.

But I'll settle for closing in the 15s
    I'd like to see an Epic Short Squeeze that makes it into WikiPedia!

but yeah, closing in the $15s for the long weekend would be nice. Especially if BBRY make some big announcements on Monday!
    02-15-13 08:47 AM
    I have never seen a stock as manipulated as BBRY. Where is the SEC?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-15-13 08:48 AM

BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) is seeing wild action early. After trading up pre-open, shares were hit on negative analysts commentary about Samsung developing a competing enterprise platform - they are now back 0.7% higher.
    Once again, using old news to manipulate the stock.
    bungaboy likes this.

LOL...a glitchy Samsung enterprise platform doesn't exactly instill confidence and therefore doesn't deserve the term "competing" to be included when referenced.
    Bye Bye Blackberry

one of the most biased articles i think i have ever read. It is full of outright lies. This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the stock. This must be illegal!

PS I noticed the disclaimer at the top it states "Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article."

Conveniently, he doesn't actually mention the company APPL (in the first page at least). Does that mean he could have an apple position?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-15-13 08:55 AM
    Bye Bye Blackberry

one of the most biased articles i think i have ever read. It is full of outright lies. This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the stock. This must be illegal
    Seriously, just ignore SeekingAlpha. Any ***** can write an article and get it published. And they do.
    02-15-13 08:57 AM
    Seems like the licensing for lower-cost devices news that came out yesterday hasn't be bought. I think it's important given the report a few days ago where it was said that BB doesn't plan on releasing a low-cost device this year.
    02-15-13 08:58 AM
    Bye Bye Blackberry

one of the most biased articles i think i have ever read. It is full of outright lies. This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the stock. This must be illegal
    Just remember that literally *anybody* can post on Seeking Alpha. While it's a good site to go to read about differing opinions and ideas, it's far from an authoritative source. Take everything that you read there with a grain of salt - whether it supports your position or not.
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    02-15-13 08:58 AM
    Bye Bye Blackberry

LOL at doesn't have push email. He must not know how to operate a smartphone since BB10 does have push and EAS.
    02-15-13 08:59 AM
    thanks for the advice, i dont know much about seeking alpha.
    02-15-13 09:00 AM
    I'd like to see $17-18 range by close.
    You and me both!
    02-15-13 09:04 AM
    Bye Bye Blackberry

one of the most biased articles i think i have ever read. It is full of outright lies. This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the stock. This must be illegal!

PS I noticed the disclaimer at the top it states "Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article."

Conveniently, he doesn't actually mention the company APPL (in the first page at least). Does that mean he could have an apple position?

Just another biased supporter of the short sellers...
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-15-13 09:05 AM
    It is done all the time... BBRY is a weak company teetering on the edge (that is why the potential is so great), so news one way or the other can cause in to lean one way or the other very easily. You aren't going to see the SEC or anyone else jump in and scolding reporters or "news" agency that is in fact news - even if it is new or old news.

Until SOLID numbers are reported on the early sales, don't expect the stock to do anything that could be considered normal - you are going to see BIG swings back an forth.
    02-15-13 09:08 AM
    Bye Bye Blackberry

Just doing their jobs...as outrageous and disgusting as it may seem.
    02-15-13 09:08 AM
    They let them "self regulate" free market style.
    02-15-13 09:09 AM
    It is done all the time... BBRY is a weak company teetering on the edge (that is why the potential is so great), so news one way or the other can cause in to lean one way or the other very easily. You aren't going to see the SEC or anyone else jump in and scolding reporters or "news" agency that is in fact news - even if it is new or old news.

Until SOLID numbers are reported on the early sales, don't expect the stock to do anything that could be considered normal - you are going to see BIG swings back an forth.
    Exactly, could you imagine how busy they'd be?
    02-15-13 09:09 AM
    Ok, somebody (besides me) should post an article on that Seeking Alpha website.
    02-15-13 09:11 AM
    thanks for the advice, i dont know much about seeking alpha.
    A lot of crap on their site but there is some good stuff in there too.
    02-15-13 09:11 AM
    Also, can somebody that understands charts look and see what's going on right now?
    02-15-13 09:14 AM
    wow, bought in this morning at 15.30.....and now look at it

really regretting it now
    02-15-13 09:16 AM
    Nothing is going on, really.

Just people playing with their money.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    02-15-13 09:18 AM
    wow, bought in this morning at 15.30.....and now look at it

really regretting it now
    It will, in all likelihood, bounce back (today, next week, week after... who knows). Selling will "lock in" your losses - if you're in it for the long term, be in it for the long term
    02-15-13 09:18 AM
    I received emails this morning from both Best Buy and Future Shop promoting "The all new BlackBerry Z10 is here" and "Get it first. BlackBerry Z10" so they are still pushing it in Canada.
    02-15-13 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 216217218219220 ...