View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone who bought at $13 this morning is one happy camper. Up to $14.80 now.
    14% gain in 3 hours

Most hilarious bug ever:

It's like: I don't want to attend, so EVERYONE IS DENIED! Muhahahah
    You're right about the gain. I was out of the office in the morning and couldn't buy unfortunately. As for the iOS bugs, they seem to be getting worse and worse. There is a work around which gets access to your phone even if it locked or password protected.

iPhone lockscreen can be bypassed with new iOS 6.1 trick | The Verge
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 11:22 AM
    New Zealand Police are going to love this.

Security flaw allows snoopers to access locked iPhones - CNN.com
    We could do with more of this. I'm sure the police cant afford to have anyone snooping around in their devices.

Nice surprise decided to go the gym to get away from staring at the screen, left when it just turned green, got back almost 6% up, and it seems to be on no news. WTF?

For the guys who cant handle the volatility my advice to you is when it's hitting the fan walk away, incase you doing something rash like sell coz you are worried. We all know where this stock will end up just got to keep cool and wait it out. That's what I do, it has saved me a couple of times
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 11:25 AM
    Whoever bought at 13, great. I almost sold my shares... but Balls of Steel is my motto for now. I'm back up to even. If it goes up to 17 again, this time around I may sell in hopes for a drop... it's tricky playing the market though, for now, I just wait in long.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-14-13 11:26 AM
    But also remember, as fast as that went up, it could go back down.
    drummer_god and Marc_Paradise like this.
    02-14-13 11:29 AM
    We might have hit a ceiling in the 14.80 area. Right now it looks like it's going down from 14.60
    02-14-13 11:33 AM
    you said the same thing at $14.20

three steps forward, one step back. three steps forward, one step back...over and over.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 11:45 AM
    Quick question - with the RSI, what period do you generally assess it at? I've been using 60, but that's more out of habit than anything else.
    Hi mangofed,

For me its pedal to the metal until we get tot 70/30, when is the last time you saw a stock sneak up the the historical border at 70/30 and crater? Not too often, it breaks though and rallies hard for a few days. Look at RIMM when it hit its 52 week high, it pushed its way to $ 18.32/shr cramming its head into the top of that channel. That's a sell signal if I ever saw one!! I keep an eye on high beta stocks and their RSI as do you I'm sure. I's just one in a dozen things you can do to track your trades. Best of luck with this one!

PS If I miss anyones message, forgive me, I'm busy right now as are all of you! I try to say "yes" to your comment as I blast through this thread, with a "Thank You" just the same. Let's see if we can do the impossible and take out $ 14.80/shr on a closing basis. That would be one for the books, so watch the close.
    02-14-13 11:48 AM
    @Morganplus8 I like your last chart and explanation - the longs defended well today - nice job yourself, now just get a close above the line...
    02-14-13 11:49 AM
    Whoever bought at 13, great. I almost sold my shares... but Balls of Steel is my motto for now. I'm back up to even. If it goes up to 17 again, this time around I may sell in hopes for a drop... it's tricky playing the market though, for now, I just wait in long.
    I'm holding on until $18, then I'll check out the charts again to see what I do. I'll probably sell and wait for another dip to buy back in. Not trying to get rich here, just have fun and learn. Its not that many shares I'm playing with.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-14-13 11:50 AM
    Yeah lol :| I talk more than I trade
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 11:51 AM
    I only have a moment but I'll take a run at your question here. Note this chart:

Attachment 135941

I'll explain how you trade this chart. If the stock stays within the channel, you buy at the uptrend line (lower line) and sell at the upper line. Its that simple, you get out when the RSI is above 70 and the stock is at the top of the channel. You can short the stock, buy puts on the stock, anything you want, you might wait until it confirms the trend change before starting a short position too, that would be the close below the 5-dma. A stock can trade outside the bounds for an hour, sometimes a day, but, it must quickly get back into its former trading pattern in order to cause a failure of trend change. You need to look for this as this is how many investors lose their money. They see the stock below the uptrend line and panic, guys like me buy your stock. We know that less than 25% of these trades get confirmed.

So you have this chart, what do you do now? You don't wait until it is above the 5-dma to start your position, you look for support, see it confirm support, look for the 5-dma to be nearby and setup the trade. You would buy, like many are doing now, based upon the action, we dipped down, blew out the weak, found a bottom, backed up a bit and found no sellers, move up to see if there was something sitting just below the 50-dma, there wasn't so we blew above that huge support line and turned the trade into a screaming buy, all of this below the 5-dma. Now, you see the 5-dma, you see we are back in the channel, we are also well above the 50-dma and the clock is ticking against the shorts, you start your position. Don't follow me, I'm wild with my trades because I can back them up with more trades. You likely can't keep coming back for more punishment! Ha! I can.

So this morning I put a series of trades in to catch the bottom, I got filled on plenty of them but not all, that's fine for me. The stock sits in the middle of a very important formation so go to your website and duplicate this chart. You will notice that the downtrend line formed over the past week is very close to getting broken to the upside. The 5-dma sits just above this line and we are looking at it now. This is amazing and a great lesson for all of us on what a key-reversal looks like. It occurs on bad news, TA breakdowns and huge volume, and it is WRONG!!! The stock shouldn't be dropping on this kind of input.

So mark the slope of that recent downward move and watch the stock to see if it can close at or above that breakout line. We could be looking at a $ 2.00/shr move very soon here. The reason is that the bulls have just kicked the bears to the curb. One more thing, I mentioned that the stock just has to close near that downward sloping line, and guess what? The next day we gap above it and rally $ 2.00/shr. The biggest gain will come when it takes out that line. One round to the bulls. Good luck!!!
    Hi Morgan,

Thank you for your insightful posts.

Some of it is lost on me because I don't know what RTI or DMA means.

Any chance you or someone else could give a brief explanation of those terms?
    02-14-13 12:07 PM
    @Morganplus8 I like your last chart and explanation - the longs defended well today - nice job yourself, now just get a close above the line...
    Hi randall2580!

So far, this day is a killer for the longs, you understand all of this so I'll point out the obvious to you and mention so that others can follow along, the 5-dma is tracking the highs of the stock price movement perfectly, it therefore projects to the resistance we see now, if we can close anywhere around here, by default, we gap up tomorrow for a potentially big rally from here. Don't rule out at least $ 16.00/shr tomorrow if we can get through this resistance level on volume. I hope we sit here all afternoon, say until 3:00 PM would be a good time, to break through that line and head North. GL
    02-14-13 12:09 PM
    Hi Morgan,

Thank you for your insightful posts.

Some of it is lost on me because I don't know what RTI or DMA means.

Any chance you or someone else could give a brief explanation of those terms?
    RSI is simply how the price has been moving in relation to volume. High RSI is over bought, low RSI is oversold.

DMA = daily moving average. E.g. 5dma = 5 day moving average. (Just shows the trend of the stock)
    02-14-13 12:11 PM
    RSI is simply how the price has been moving in relation to volume. High RSI is over bought, low RSI is oversold.

DMA = daily moving average. E.g. 5dma = 5 day moving average. (Just shows the trend of the stock)
    I sent this quick comment off as a private message but it works here, perhaps someone else can elaborate on this topic?

<<< "I would be happy to help you out here. The DMA is referring to the Daily Moving Average, there are Linear/Simple and Exponential Daily moving averages that we watch closely. The DMA is a great way to look at long-term trends as well as short term trends. I use the 5-dma to tell me if a stock is getting tired of rallying. The 5 dma is the summation and division of the 5 previous closes of the stock. Each new day the 6th day is dropped in favour of the new closing trade. This is only one of several tools you can use to time the market. The RSI is the Relative Strength Index and it is an indicator of a stock that has moved hard and is getting over bought or over sold. The index tells us that buy/sell volumes suggest that the momentum of the stock is changing.

Go to stockcharts.com and have a look at their tutorials, they are great and I use them for our CB charts" >>>>>>
    02-14-13 12:14 PM

Thanks Andrew, I sent a response to your link by mistake. Ha!!!

Thanks for helping out here.
    bungaboy and rocdynasty like this.
    02-14-13 12:15 PM
    Thanks Andrew, I sent a response to your link by mistake. Ha!!!

Thanks for helping out here.
    wealth of information here and a great thread in general
    02-14-13 12:21 PM
    It did have a newer high of 14.91 but it's down to 71 again now. Not really a breakout
    02-14-13 12:26 PM
    It did have a newer high of 14.91 but it's down to 71 again now. Not really a breakout
    Higher numbers still need to be tested. Due to the last week, there's still a lot of uncertanty and won't just blast off into the 15's just like that.
    02-14-13 12:31 PM
    Remember, markets are closed on Monday in Toronto (Family Day) and New York (Presidents Day).
    bungaboy and silversun10 like this.
    02-14-13 12:45 PM
    We could do with more of this. I'm sure the police cant afford to have anyone snooping around in their devices.

Nice surprise decided to go the gym to get away from staring at the screen, left when it just turned green, got back almost 6% up, and it seems to be on no news. WTF?

For the guys who cant handle the volatility my advice to you is when it's hitting the fan walk away, incase you doing something rash like sell coz you are worried. We all know where this stock will end up just got to keep cool and wait it out. That's what I do, it has saved me a couple of times

iOS 6.1 Security Flaw Bypasses Lock Screen With Esoteric Steps - The Mac Observer

Yikes, where are the analysts not all over this?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 01:06 PM
    BlackBerry patent details flip-phone keyboard cover concept | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

This looks interesting...

I can't wait to see some new prototypes.

edit: stock seems to be heading for new territory
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 01:12 PM
    this is just insane i cant believe this stock was at 12.96 just a few hours ago and its now at 14.96.. wow..never seen a stock fluctuate this much..smh for not gettin in today morning.
    02-14-13 01:19 PM
    BlackBerry patent details flip-phone keyboard cover concept | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

This looks interesting...

I can't wait to see some new prototypes.

edit: stock seems to be heading for new territory
    Interesting. It looks like it would be suited for a tablet style device.
    02-14-13 01:19 PM
    Interesting. It looks like it would be suited for a tablet style device.
    Sort of one-upping the Microsoft Surface, which doesn't give you the back cover in line with the keyboard to use for support.

It could be designed into a case for the Z10 pretty easily with bluetooth.
    02-14-13 01:26 PM
    Because a lot of those "analysts" are doing what they can to recover what they've lost in Apple and are now deer in headlights...

I'll be honest, I pay very little attention to these hacks. In fact, when they advise sell, I do my own research and find that I should be buying, and vice versa.
    02-14-13 01:27 PM
113,251 ... 209210211212213 ...