View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm thinking a lot of short covering is going on. No way does it just drop and rally on such high volume.
    We're just 1 hour and 15 mins into trading and we're already 2/3 towards daily average volume.

I am 100% convinced now that Morgan is not a professional trader, but that he is from the future.
    If he was from the future, he would have told us to sell at close yesterday and buy at open today. Easy $1 profit.

Edit: Actually, he would have told us to sell last Friday and to buy at open today.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:45 AM
    Morgan should start a mutual fund containing 1 stock. Blackberry. We can send him all our investment money and let him trade it for us.
    Tom689 and Bilaal like this.
    02-14-13 09:46 AM
    I vote Morganplus8 to be our new Stock Pope!
    Okay, let's not go there! Ha!

We are all in this together, it isn't easy trying to beat the market when the media is fixed. Oh yeah, the media, clowns like Savitz have you thinking the stock is down 7%, oh my ............................

This could be one for the books, BBRY doing a key-reversal .................. who would have thought?. Let's hope we get to keep this gain as my chart is looking soooo much better right now. GL
    bungaboy, m0de25, Jince and 2 others like this.
    02-14-13 09:47 AM
    Morgan should start a mutual fund containing 1 stock. Blackberry. We can send him all our investment money and let him trade it for us.
    Even professionals get it wrong. And when it happens I'm pretty sure he'd rather not be burned at the stake. Providing insight is totally different than taking money and investing it.
    02-14-13 09:50 AM
    Oh man we are screwed
    Almost every time I felt that way, it turned out to be a new opportunity (better than the one that I had wanted).
    02-14-13 09:51 AM

Edit: Actually, he would have told us to sell last Friday and to buy at open today.
    Actually I did tell you to get out at the top, go back and read all of my posts, I tell you to sell below the 5-dma and buy and hold above the 5-dma. If you follow that simple rule, you would be rich. Now I don't want to repeat myself so watch that 5-dma today, we can easily close above it as the shorts are in a pickle now.GL
    02-14-13 09:52 AM
    And there's a nice pop happening. What a spread so far...
    02-14-13 09:52 AM
    Trade with your head...not your emotions. It will drive you crazy if you try to do the short game.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 09:53 AM
    damm looks like i lost my opportunity today to buy! was hesitant at 13.50 thinking it might drop lower, instead it plummented up. oh well..still holding on from before
    If you're long . . . . . don't look at it for a while. LoL

Looking at this on a minute by minute basis will cause you lots of anxiety.

Roll with the punches.
    Tom689 and spike12 like this.
    Yeah it's like an emotion timed thing. Glad I didn't sell.

We broke out of the base under 14.20 I predict we'll go a lot higher
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-0022.jpg
    02-14-13 09:54 AM
    Or maybe not
    02-14-13 09:59 AM
    A possible Theme song (note the lack of quarters taped to the needle arm)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-14-13 10:00 AM
    (this show how tiny my knowledge was) I must say I went to meet a friend of mine who's got a trading office and questionned him about raising a private fund with 1 stock, dedicated to BB fans.
    He's been nice with me ... but I blushed when I understood he meant
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_mgztr1naxl1s410g9o1_400.jpg
    Now, if there's a slight option this can be done ... well ... count me in, definitely.
    BTW ... looks like our poll trend is going its way too ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 10:04 AM
    If you're long . . . . . don't look at it for a while. LoL
    Looking at this on a minute by minute basis will cause you lots of anxiety.
    Roll with the punches.
    I'm long, and only watching an opportunity to invest more ... and that's fascinating, this stock moves as fast as a quarterback !
    No stress, just ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 10:07 AM
    Think of it this way...When it hits 80-100 next year a measly 1 point won't matter and if you put in a few grand you'll have a nice chunk of change.
    02-14-13 10:08 AM
    and never say "What if" or "Should've" or "Could've" I personally want it to get back in the single digits.
    02-14-13 10:09 AM
    Back into $BBRY...let's go up!
    02-14-13 10:09 AM
    HFTs don't follow Cramer...
    What's your point?
    02-14-13 10:10 AM
    I think his cost basis is in the mid to high 20s. He bought a bunch of rimm in the 40s initially. Then doubles his position either at 7 or 11. I forget exactly but can look it up later.
    I've done his average cost calculation a few months ago.. I came up with an estimate of 17-18 dollars per share.
    02-14-13 10:17 AM
    Actually I did tell you to get out at the top, go back and read all of my posts, I tell you to sell below the 5-dma and buy and hold above the 5-dma. If you follow that simple rule, you would be rich. Now I don't want to repeat myself so watch that 5-dma today, we can easily close above it as the shorts are in a pickle now.GL
    Sorry, did you mean the opposite?
    Buy below 5-dma and Sell above 5-dma?
    (buying below average = buying low. Selling above average = sell high) or am I mistaken in my understanding of DMA?
    02-14-13 10:19 AM
    hey Morgan, you're the man.....right on the ****ng money! i wish I could have bought a ton more early today.....ohh well, can't be too greedy.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 10:20 AM
    On Friday, the stock was still above the 5-dma. :P
    Following the 5dma rule is to predict the future, not to "know" the future. You're always going to be a day or two delayed. If you really are from the future, you would tell us all the peaks and valleys.

Sorry, did you mean the opposite?
    Buy below 5-dma and Sell above 5-dma?
    (buying below average = buying low. Selling above average = sell high) or am I mistaken in my understanding of DMA?
    No, it's not opposite. It's indeed buy and hold above 5dma and sell right when it drops below 5dma. Look at Morgan's chart, notice when it goes up, it goes up for a few days and when it goes down, it goes down for a few days. This "5dma" rule is just predicting the price trend. Nothing really special at all. It however cannot predict peaks and valleys, so you're not going to be selling at the highest points or buying at the lowest points. You will however be buying close enough to make some profit. OR just buy it and sit on it.
    02-14-13 10:22 AM
    Geez, you guys need to stop trading the channel, you will go broke that way.
    I have long calls, $11 Jan 15 at $5.
    Done. No more watching dailies.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 10:22 AM
    I really need to learn this technique. What is 5-dma and is there an easy way to learn how to follow them? I have been holding since low 8's but I wish I could have played the buy/sell game a few times. I would be in great shape right now
    02-14-13 10:29 AM
113,256 ... 207208209210211 ...