View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why is it only being reported now? When you say last year, you mean year ended 31/12/2012?
    Its a required QUARTERLY report. If accurate, it would mean he sold ALL 27 M shares in the 4th quarter.
    02-14-13 08:06 AM
    MP+8, If it is true that Jim sold ALL of his 27M shares don't you agree that this isn't contrived bad news. Same goes for supply constraints. Granted a lot of the other "reports" (T-mobile, NZ Police, etc.) are just noise, but these 2 would really bother me. How about you?

Next real support seems to be at 12.00. Hope we don't get there....
    02-14-13 08:08 AM
    Holy pre-market. Down quite a bit. Down 6% to $13.15

OK, I'll be getting those jan 2015s today ;-)
    duckJAI likes this.
    02-14-13 08:20 AM
    Holy pre-market. Down quite a bit. Down 6% to $13.15

OK, I'll be getting those jan 2015s today ;-)
    lol I'm jumping in on those today too. What strikes you getting? You doing a spread?
    02-14-13 08:26 AM
    MP+8, If it is true that Jim sold ALL of his 27M shares don't you agree that this isn't contrived bad news. Same goes for supply constraints. Granted a lot of the other "reports" (T-mobile, NZ Police, etc.) are just noise, but these 2 would really bother me. How about you?
    OMGitworks!

Good morning, we can't seem to catch a break can we? My personal take on Jim, is the favourite ..., "don't let the door hit you ...." kind of thing. He did enough damage to the brand that I was glad to hear he walked away from the investment too. I never saw him as the brains of the operation between the twins. I hope he gets that hockey team though, I would support him in that arena. Look at it this way, would you rather have a guy like Prem Watsa buy 52 million shares and hold them or Jimmy holding 27 million and an attitude? I really wanted him out of the picture and can't for the life of me understand why anyone else would want him around.

The NZ thing was a 1-year test, at a price we'll never know, with BB supplying old technology. The problem wasn't the Z10 as a product, it was BlackBerry as a company that forced them to go with a 5th generation phone, tried and true versus the Z10. There will be more of these as enterprise looks toward a phone/tablet mix/fix. Aside from the timing and hard placing of this news, I don't care, if we can break back into the retail phone market where we are absent now. I hate the bit about supply constraints, that I can't stand for. Consumers have a herd mentality and can only wait in line so long, when you are BB, they have a shorter attention span. BlackBerry needs to follow up on their promises otherwise shareholders are going to get punished here. But don't think that Prem and the guys at sitting idly by and letting the company destroy itself. We should hear something as soon as it is time to release the news. Sales figures are the best way to put out this fire. But we aren't hearing from them and the stock is under the control of the traders right now. GL
    02-14-13 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry is under a corporate attack by Apple and or Google. Make no mistake this is a well organized planned attack. I have never seen such blatant defamatory misleading and outright lying against one company. When you have used a z10 you understand why.
    silversun10 likes this.
    02-14-13 08:34 AM
    Oh man we are screwed
    02-14-13 08:35 AM
    wish i knew how to play options..
    02-14-13 08:39 AM
    Looks like we're down a good amount of the news breaking out that Jim sold all his shares. I don't think we would have dropped as much if that didn't come out.
    02-14-13 08:41 AM
    Only have three g's to play with so options is only way for me to go.
    02-14-13 08:43 AM
    We need technical bounce. I wish BB IR delivers some news soon.
    02-14-13 08:44 AM
    MP+8 - I agree on all of that, I just think it gives those on the fence a chance to point to something negative and some bad headlines we don't need right now. I hoe he gets roasted for abandoning his baby. I'd rather have Prem than Jim that's for sure. Let's see what happens today. I am hoping for a late day rally but we sure are fighting some tough news, a few real and the rest either inaccurate or not very important.
    02-14-13 08:45 AM
    without positive news coming to combat this crap, there is only one way for this to go.
    02-14-13 08:46 AM
    We've already bounced back from the low $13s to $13.50. I'm not too worried.
    02-14-13 08:47 AM
    warren buffet just bought heinz.....dammit warren I know your using a BB, invest here!
    vanwins likes this.
    02-14-13 08:48 AM
    Funny....when he was in charge they wanted him out......now he is out they still beat the stock down.....don't fall for it. The way I see it the company is moving forward in leaps and bounds since I started investing in it. When it was down in the dumps and all the talk about the "death spiral" was an every day thing. Now new product, increased cash, new partnership possibilities, new OS.....keep your heads on! I do wish the company would at least fire one positive story out but I trust Prem and Co are working on it.
    Shanerredflag and morganplus8 like this.
    Ok i have been long since $7 area and for the first time , i am starting to get REALLY REALLY worried. If no good news is coming out maybe because there aint none...and i fear we might sink until the earnings report. Which by the way will be the deciding factor for me to see if i stay long. I still believe tho.
    Tom689 likes this.
    The behavior of a stock always has irregularities of varying scale. Exiting a channel could potentially be followed by a powerful return. The chart looks like a double top to me though. Hope for the best I guess
    It's up from 13.20 to 13.50. Maybe it'll go back up to 14
    02-14-13 08:50 AM
    And we have support!!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-14-13 08:50 AM
    It appears to be going up right now at least, huge volume. Could be that investors fell better about Balsillie being totally out of the picture. After all he wasn't exactly doing a stellar job.
    MrBurns2U likes this.
    02-14-13 08:52 AM
    Most likely to be fighting over profit after the slide.
    02-14-13 08:57 AM
    not even 30 min into trading day and its reached half the daily volume, will be interesting today. If it rallies to close at 14 tomorrow should be a green day
    02-14-13 08:58 AM
    MP+8 - I agree on all of that, I just think it gives those on the fence a chance to point to something negative and some bad headlines we don't need right now. I hoe he gets roasted for abandoning his baby. I'd rather have Prem than Jim that's for sure. Let's see what happens today. I am hoping for a late day rally but we sure are fighting some tough news, a few real and the rest either inaccurate or not very important.
    I just realized I must be one sick f**ker, I got up at 5:00 AM this morning, I couldn't sleep as I knew I wanted to buy the living daylights out of this sell-off. I sold a huge block of a "safe" pharma stock to go into a ton more of BBRY. This morning is one of those times where you need to step up to the plate and made it happen. We could be seeing a key-reversal day today, it is over-sold now, just barely below huge support at $ 13.75/shr and over done. We have some nice volume supporting the stock right now and it just needs to sit here and draw in the sellers. I really like blowing out weak hands and this is it. Check out the bids/asks, nothing there, no overhead. It should drift back down and find support in here and I'll continue buying.

Goodbye Jim and hello Prem!! I like what I'm seeing and I own the product, it is a better phone than my i Phone ever was. I'll place my bet that we are far from done with this rally. It would be nice to see higher lows early this afternoon. Good luck and don't worry so much, it is a big media thing and we'll work our way through it soon.
    02-14-13 08:58 AM
    02-14-13 08:59 AM
    Or that he is getting out of a sinking ship. He wasn't at the launch. People know he has no involvement.
    02-14-13 09:06 AM
113,256 ... 204205206207208 ...