View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-13-13 11:44 PM
    I thought options expiration would have triggered upside since I heard CNBC reporting that numbers of calls were doubled compare to puts. One explaination can be public was buying calls and big boys were buying puts and they always win. Now hope that they bought calls this week and BB comes with good news. My understanding is that bb reports on numbers of phones shipped out of BB's warehouse, not # sold. The shipped would be in acct receivable will be considered as income. can someone confirm that ? If that is the case then I am sure it will ship millions before feb 28th that would include US shipments.
    02-13-13 11:45 PM
    Sorry for typos in abve posts and this.

1) adult basketball pick up for 90 minutes
    2) bar w/ basketball friends
    3) home w/ laptop
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-13-13 11:49 PM
    "However there is no trace of the device and the device is going to hit the shelves for sale in US in about two months time."

That means April 13. Where is this gal getting her info? More lies/ignorance. I feel like the past week is like reading articles from 4 months ago on the internet. WTF is happening here?

UPDATE: I read the article line for line a second time. Holy crap, it is horribly written and not even factual. May release is in regards to the Q10 and the Q10 is not even mentioned.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-13-13 11:52 PM
    1) Advertising budget is $1 to $1.4 billion for the next year from what i have read. This is huge seeing that Apple's ad budget peaked at $700 million from what I;ve read.
    2) For an understanding of what RIMM's cost cutting is all about, understand that they are a 20 year old comapny that never restructured it's internal operations. There were alot of people with overlapping job duties that spent 20 hours a week doing actual work. Take two of these people and make them one that does 40 hours a weak, and you save money especially when you do this with thousands of people. If you actually desire to learn, read about LEAN manufacturing than abstract it such that you realize it can be applied to many areas of business.
    Great that BB will be spending a lot $$ on advertisement, but like trying to lean out the company it must be done properly. The game is still early, but when you delay your product a long while you need to ensure that spend good money on quality advertisement . Apple and Sumsung passed BB in a blink of an eye. Advertisement is crucial, but just as important, PR. Lets hope BB team are hard at work because BB10 is a great product and future.
    02-13-13 11:54 PM
    "However there is no trace of the device and the device is going to hit the shelves for sale in US in about two months time."

That means April 13. Where is this guy getting his info? More lies/ignorance. I feel like the past week is like reading articles from 4 months ago on the internet. WTF is happening here?
    what's with another delay? is this even possible??
    02-13-13 11:56 PM
    seems like every single news site keeps stating different release dates...now they just spreading pure rumours. Some say late april some say may...when will this ****ty journalism stop
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-14-13 12:00 AM
    I thought options expiration would have triggered upside since I heard CNBC reporting that numbers of calls were doubled compare to puts. One explaination can be public was buying calls and big boys were buying puts and they always win. Now hope that they bought calls this week and BB comes with good news. My understanding is that bb reports on numbers of phones shipped out of BB's warehouse, not # sold. The shipped would be in acct receivable will be considered as income. can someone confirm that ? If that is the case then I am sure it will ship millions before feb 28th that would include US shipments.
    It matters if phones are sold to carriers or if they are given on consignment. I have a feeling that each carrier is treated differently which makes even thinking about this a big headache that I will never be able to answer unless BBRY were to state how this is booked.
    02-14-13 12:02 AM
    \Tell me what your thoughts are and I'll happily follow up.
    02-14-13 12:04 AM
    I read the article about release of the Bb10 to the US , but wondered if it was a good news or bad. Kind of like scoring a goal but losing the game.
    02-14-13 12:07 AM
    try and follow along

bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 12:12 AM
    Great article here:

BlackBerry 10 roadshow comes to Vancouver | Vancouver Sun

Here's an excerpt from it I thought u may find interesting

"Some stores have been selling out of the new Z10 since its release and many companies already have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (known as BES 10), the mobile management system that allows them not only to add new BlackBerry 10 devices to their corporate network but to also manage iOS and Android devices. The Q10, a BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a physical keyboard is due out in April although no date has been announced yet.

�It has been at the very strong end of our range of expectations,� said Dawson, said of Z10 sales, both on the corporate and consumer side.

Dawson said a number of sales � in the �measurable double digits� of the Z10 have been to buyers switching from other platforms".
    Last edited by fedakd; 02-14-13 at 12:36 AM.
    02-14-13 12:17 AM
    Great article here:

BlackBerry 10 roadshow comes to Vancouver | Vancouver Sun

Here's an excerpt from it I thought u may find interesting

"Some stores have been selling out of the new Z10 since its release and many companies already have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (known as BES 10), the mobile management system that allows them not only to add new BlackBerry 10 devices to their corporate network but to also manage iOS and Android devices. The Q10, a BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a physical keyboard is due out in April although no date has been announced yet.

“It has been at the very strong end of our range of expectations,” said Dawson, said of Z10 sales, both on the corporate and consumer side.

Dawson said a number of sales – in the “measurable double digits” of the Z10 have been to buyers switching from other platforms".
    Yes I read that. Good article not intended to slam a product that they don't (Vancouver Sun) have a vested interested in.
    02-14-13 12:22 AM
    Sold ouuuuuuuuuuut! Cant buy the phone even if i want to!
    02-14-13 12:22 AM
    Speaking of Cramer and stock manipulation, today cnbc - the biggest culprit when it comes to stock manipulation - did a quick cut in to a "reporter" who said "concerning BlackBerry stock, there are reports, although anecdotal, that there are some service outages in some areas." Pretty vague and certainly unsubstantiated, yet reported as news. I was unable to find any news anywhere else about a service outage.
    HFTs don't follow Cramer...
    02-14-13 12:24 AM
    Sold ouuuuuuuuuuut! Cant buy the phone even if i want to!
    eBay ? Or ... Buy some shares, they are on sale for a while. Don't wait they will go up very soon!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 12:26 AM
    02-14-13 12:31 AM
    [QUOTE=Kid Vibe;7983715]Axiom Telecom to sell BlackBerry Z10 in Saudi Arabia | Axiom Telecom | AMEinfo.com

"The all new BlackBerry Z10 is already shaping up to be one of Saudi Arabia's best-selling smartphones for 2013," said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom.

"BlackBerry's renaissance has been a major talking-point among industry experts and customers alike, and I am pleased to say that it has delivered a truly competitive new device in the shape of the BlackBerry Z10. The customer buzz that has been steadily building over the past few weeks is reflected in our strong pre-order figures, which clearly reinforces the notion that the Saudi Arabia is one of most enthusiastic and vibrant BlackBerry markets in the world."
    02-14-13 12:36 AM
    BB is being sold really well in UAE despite no BIS offerings for the new Z10
    02-14-13 03:43 AM

That means April 13. Where is this gal getting her info? More lies/ignorance. I feel like the past week is like reading articles from 4 months ago on the internet. WTF is happening here?

UPDATE: I read the article line for line a second time. Holy crap, it is horribly written and not even factual. May release is in regards to the Q10 and the Q10 is not even mentioned.

It's just the shorty media machine...quality is not their concern
    02-14-13 05:01 AM
    Down to $13.69 in pre-market...It may fall into $12 territory today. Big business is leaning on this stock this week...be nice to see people scooping up the deals before those crooks do.
    02-14-13 05:43 AM
    Not sure it'been reported here before. Just read this :
    Research in Motion Ltd (BBRY) BB10 Gross Margins of 27%: Wells Fargo
    analysts at Wells Fargo Securities put out a new research report on Blackberry. They state that they believe a key determinant of valuation for BlackBerry will be its ability to drive increased gross margins on the back of BlackBerry 10. Prior to BlackBerry 10, they estimate BlackBerry was generating a gross profit loss on its hardware devices sales. However, they estimate that Research in Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)�s BlackBerry 10 devices will have a gross margin of around 27%. Their assumption is based on the analysis of other companies that have launched new products at similar price points � namely Motorola and Palm.

In fact, both Palm and Motorola had higher gross margins than what they are forecasting for BlackBerry. However, the analysts are estimating a lower gross margin on the view that the company will be aggressive with co-marketing, some of which will be an above-the-line item that impacts gross margin.
    And my brand new fav' sticker
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-keepcalm.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 05:58 AM
    you have figures or facts to support the negativity?
    Please, don't feed the Troll.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-14-13 06:11 AM
    National Bank report was not enough so here a follow up:
    so what he says is we can't tell how they do it, so we know it doesn't work, some crooked logic:

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/02/res...phone-company/
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-14-13 06:46 AM
    From what we have seen, so far, BB is having supply problems and it would take a LARGE number of devices to do an introduction in the USA. T-Mo must have got their order in early, before AT&T

BB has two choices if supplies are short, deliver in a couple of weeks and run out of handsets the first day or wait for a month (or two) and have more units to sell.

Either way it is not good
    02-14-13 06:55 AM
113,256 ... 202203204205206 ...