View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-13-13 11:23 AM
    Dang, the competition is releasing their new flagship phones around this timeframe. Not good.
    02-13-13 11:28 AM
    It doesn't mention verizon or april/may launch anywhere in that article. Plus I wouldn't take anything National Bank says seriously. They consistently get hit with fines for doing shady stuff all the time.

National Bank Financial : A History Of Abuse
    02-13-13 11:28 AM
    Japan and Korea are mature high-end phone market not like China and other 3rd world countries.
    I don't get why BB pull even with BB 10 there. In the case of China, only upper 10% can afford
    iphone or galaxy.
    02-13-13 11:32 AM
    Does not mention Verizon at all in that article.
    02-13-13 11:34 AM
    Dang, the competition is releasing their new flagship phones around this timeframe. Not good.
    This is in reference to Q10. Even if correct, competition is a non-issue -- there is *no* significant competition in the QWERTY space.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-13-13 11:34 AM
    Does not mention Verizon at all in that article.
    Sorry wrong link.
    Verizon Blackberry Z10 Release Date Could End Up Being Later Than T-Mobile : Mobile : Latinos Post

the previous link was just fueling the fire of a potential delay and what could be causing it.
    02-13-13 11:35 AM
    Well they won't be covering until they have some solid numbers on sales or early launch or something. This hasn't happened at all yet so I wouldn't say that's the right assumption to go on.

When you see them covering, I guarantee you will see at least 120-150MM+ in volume that day, and that will mostly be shorts covering. It won't be 1.5 days to cover, but I'd say maybe 3 days to cover with 120-150MM+ avg each day.

This will hit $14 before it goes up if there is no news. Especially since mid-March is so far away there isn't much speculation going on in terms of an early US release. Why is BB being so secretive of the sales numbers........
    If they all cover in 3 days you will see a MASSIVE rally. That does happen sometimes, but the professional shorts know an orderly exit is their best way out. Its a battle going on, I doubt that the shorts will just lay down their stock and run the heck out of BBRY. What you are describing is the mother of all short covering rallies. It might happen and it would be nice to see it happen, but the shorts probably aren't that undisciplined. Again, we shall see....
    02-13-13 11:38 AM
    whoever called 14.10 was spot on, bought in at the low point. That seemed to have heavy support.
    02-13-13 11:39 AM
    This is in reference to Q10. Even if correct, competition is a non-issue -- there is *no* significant competition in the QWERTY space.
    If the Z10 gets released any later it will be a competition issue as some people may just wait for the S4.
    Sorry wrong link.
    Verizon Blackberry Z10 Release Date Could End Up Being Later Than T-Mobile : Mobile : Latinos Post

the previous link was just fueling the fire of a potential delay and what could be causing it.
    lmao well the author from the highly accredited LATINOS POST? wtf? Randomly just made up an april release date with no facts or anything. That's like me writing up an article and being like Sprint won't release the Z10 until all the snow melts in New York.
    Acumenight likes this.
    If they all cover in 3 days you will see a MASSIVE rally. That does happen sometimes, but the professional shorts know an orderly exit is their best way out. Its a battle going on, I doubt that the shorts will just lay down their stock and run the heck out of BBRY. What you are describing is the mother of all short covering rallies. It might happen and it would be nice to see it happen, but the shorts probably aren't that undisciplined. Again, we shall see....
    Agreed, it all depends on many factors like sales #, US launch date release (early or delay), and March 28th ER and if there is any new guidance that BBRY is willing to give.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-13-13 11:40 AM
    Again, no delay on Z10 - just possibel delay for Q10, which won't really affect things. If someone wants a keyboard phone, that will be their best option.

On the other hand, I find this telling in the National Bank info:
    Carriers, we believe, don’t expect consumers to leave the Android or iOS ecosystem for what is ultimately a touchscreen also-ran that is short on apps, with no related product or content ecosystem
    Short on apps? Possibly, though many of us expect that this will be remedied in part for the US launch.
    More importantly: "no related product or content ecosystem"? Have they completely ignored the content partnerships announced leading up to the release?
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-13-13 11:42 AM
    lmao well the author from the highly accredited LATINOS POST? wtf? Randomly just made up an april release date with no facts or anything. That's like me writing up an article and being like Sprint won't release the Z10 until all the snow melts in New York.
    Yeah, if you follow back to the source article, there's no mention of April at all.
    02-13-13 11:43 AM
    maybe our own Chris U needs to write an article for the globe and mail again. one that highlights all the positives BB has going for it.
    start the momentum going the positive way again.
    then, hopefully elements of his article will be picked up and regurgitated around other news sites.
    lcjr and Acumenight like this.
    02-13-13 11:45 AM
    Sorry, wasn't referring to the QWERTY. Samsung and Apple plan to release a great phone around that same timeframe. Doesn't really matter how we feel about those phones, its still competition to the general public. Again, just my opinion.
    02-13-13 11:48 AM
    Agreed, it all depends on many factors like sales #, US launch date release (early or delay), and March 28th ER and if there is any new guidance that BBRY is willing to give.
    I am also worried about Blackberry having enough stock at the end of the month for a US introduction.
    02-13-13 11:52 AM
    BB is def for the long run IMO...

2700 + N.A. businesses already linked to BB for the future

Money Flows Out Of Apple And Into BlackBerry - Forbes

Still waiting for key launches.
    morganplus8 and Acumenight like this.
    02-13-13 11:52 AM
    In an attempt to put it in as positive a light as possible, people coming for the other phones might see the z10 on display and consider switching to blackberry
    02-13-13 11:53 AM
    there is no news here, and they give their opinion, and so are you going to believe them, do they make any sense?
    02-13-13 12:02 PM
    so far, the Z10 has exceeded sales expectations everywhere it has been released.
    this will have to mean something positive when the numbers eventually come out.

any guesses what the stock will be in 2 months time?
    i'm saying $25/share.
    whats with the drop today? no news i would expect 1-2%. but this is a big 7% drop at the moment
    well since its at the bottom of the channel maybe the next 2 trading days will be bullish and pull it to 16
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-13-13 12:04 PM
    Sorry wrong link.

Tmobile might be earlier, that doesn't make Verizon later; boy a lot of baseless bad press in the US, when all accounts are of a positive
    launch where the phone got launched,geez...
    02-13-13 12:05 PM
    Share is tanking big time, $13 here we go...
    02-13-13 12:05 PM
113,250 ... 195196197198199 ...