702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    yes... there's quite a volume spike at around $15.47
    There will be another large spike at $13.50
    02-12-13 11:49 AM
    looked pretty solid there, i think we will still test it again though
    02-12-13 11:51 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-im-wcdt-dont-worry-thats-just-my-new-blackberry-my-pocket.jpg

Lez Do Dis.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-12-13 11:53 AM
    Should I short some of my $BBRY shares?
    I have bought some at $11, sold 20% of those at $14, bought more at $11. Then bought some more at $16 and $17 (JUST BEFORE LAUNCH). So wondering if I should take profit for some first and buy in low again at a later date? I am definitely planning to keep them long.

But since many banks I know are quite negative towards $BBRY (ATM), I would like some ... other opinion?

If so, what do you think I should sell at?

Thanks in advance!
    02-12-13 11:55 AM
    what is with the volume the last few days?
    You mean how it's getting back into the range of "sane"? Still high, though, compared to before the earnings release.
    02-12-13 11:55 AM
    15.30 held...looks up from here
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 11:56 AM
    Eh maybe I was wrong about the bottom.

The fact that volume over the past 4 days is low as the stock creeps lower is supposed to be a good sign. Theoretically the volume will pick up in a few days as the price goes up again.
    02-12-13 11:58 AM
    Good call Morgan!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 11:59 AM
    I have bought some at $11, sold 20% of those at $14, bought more at $11. Then bought some more at $16 and $17 (JUST BEFORE LAUNCH). So wondering if I should take profit for some first and buy in low again at a later date? I am definitely planning to keep them long.

But since many banks I know are quite negative towards $BBRY (ATM), I would like some ... other opinion?

Thanks in advance!
    If you are asking for advice on a forum like this about your position, you shouldn't really be trading.
    Tom689 and lcjr like this.
    02-12-13 11:59 AM
    If you are asking for advice on a forum like this about your position, you shouldn't really be trading.
    Especially questions that start with: "Should I"

No one can tell you. We can speculate, but no one can guarantee anything.
    02-12-13 12:03 PM

Thanks in advance!

Given the volatility we're seeing, prices are almost sure to go lower. They're also almost sure to go higher. Whether or not you want to take a risk in timing those swings is up to you -- personally, I don't have the cojones for it
    Shanerredflag and q649 like this.
    02-12-13 12:10 PM
    The stock is only up on hype, so far, and any good news is being relentlessly bombarded by the same bad news stories.
    Tinomane likes this.
    02-12-13 12:33 PM
    Seeing that most the stores only got like 5-10 units and are still sold out, do you think BB is holding back units of what?

You got to admit that the stock is bumping along the bottom considering they just introduced their "big thing". You also got to admit that they are delivering it only "half baked" . . reminds me of their tablet! Yes that was a big success! LOL!

If you can't admit then it is just because of the gut full of BB Koolaid your are struggling to keep from coming back up!
    Bumping along the bottom? The stock is still up 30+% from the beginning of the year and 140+% from late September. That doesn't seem too bad to me. I think you have/had unrealistic expectations of what the stock would do.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-13 12:47 PM
    Inherent value of BB is somewhere in the 18ish range so no need to panic or worry...imho
    02-12-13 12:48 PM
    The stock is only up on hype, so far, and any good news is being relentlessly bombarded by the same bad news stories.
    I don't agree with that. That may have been the case back in december when we didn't know what the phone would look like or if it would actually be released on jan 30th. The phone is now out. The reviews are solid and the retailers are reporting strong sales. Yes, we haven't seen any official numbers yet, but that doesn't mean hype is pushing the stock.

Technically you could say every stock trades on "hype" until actual earnings are released. Yet, people still buy and sell stocks in between earnings.
    q649 likes this.
    02-12-13 12:54 PM
    Technically you could say every stock trades on "hype" until actual earnings are released. Yet, people still buy and sell stocks in between earnings.
    Not really, for other company you can see trends. BlackBerry and their BlackBerry 10 might as well be a start up company with a lot of cash and subscribers. You don't know how the trend is going to be because none of the past technicals or past trends can give you a picture of whats going to happen.
    02-12-13 12:58 PM
    BBRY is sure testing the 15.31 marker...BB is not.
    02-12-13 01:02 PM
    Lunchtime movement was due to CNBC. They interviewed Dan Niles an analyst who was negative on BBRY. Steve Weiss, one of the CNBC regulars shot down a bunch of his arguments, great phone, how many flash light apps do you need, BBRY is not PALM, they have a subscriber base, etc. Apparently the CNBC viewers believed Niles and it sold off before recovering after the show ended. I was hoping it would have bounced off the firm defense Weiss offered and that worries me a bit. Not sure if CNBC will post a video link but it was a classic pro v anti argument, pretty much what we all know about and see here, but well done.
    02-12-13 01:08 PM
    Ha ha, same.
    Lets see what happens at 10 oclock. Slump or rally.
    hey, we actually got the drop we were hoping for
    02-12-13 01:18 PM
    it's been too quiet on the BB front this week.
    part of me expects something soon that will send the stock up over $17.

this is just me speculating, but:
    team-up with cisco
    tom tom GPS on bb10 ( announced way back but yet to be seen )
    sales figures
    firm US release dates
    etc.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-12-13 01:18 PM
    This is what I'm personally expecting by mid-March, but I could be completely wrong so please take it with a grain of salt:

1) BB10 sales figures from UK, Canada & UAE (they would have a good 1 month of solid data by then)
    2) India BB10 launch
    3) Potential early US launch or even launch by mid-march would be good enough
    4) Lots of noise around their March 28th earnings report.
    02-12-13 01:26 PM
    It is funny how it works..The majority of share holders are long, institutions, insiders including borad members and yet this thing is kept low by manipulators. The bad news played many times and good news kept under the carpet and this is where BB needs to release some factual information, updates, etc. to fight these evils..
    02-12-13 01:27 PM
    $15.30 is holding. Some folks were guessing that it'd go close to $14 today, I guess that's not going to happen.
    02-12-13 01:42 PM
    I 100% agree. BB should take some action to protect good shareholders.
    I don't like stock movement for last few days.

It is funny how it works..The majority of share holders are long, institutions, insiders including borad members and yet this thing is kept low by manipulators. The bad news played many times and good news kept under the carpet and this is where BB needs to release some factual information, updates, etc. to fight these evils..
    02-12-13 01:42 PM
    $15.30 is holding. Some folks were guessing that it'd go close to $14 today, I guess that's not going to happen.
    Ton of algorithm trading going on BBRY
    02-12-13 01:45 PM
113,251 ... 190191192193194 ...