View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Does anyone know the release dates for all the countries bb is going to?
    02-12-13 09:41 AM
    At what strikes and how far out?
    I think they were jan 2015s.

Sell the 7calls, buy the 12 calls.
    02-12-13 09:44 AM
    It's nice to have personal technical analysis for our stock with a new chart posted regularly
    02-12-13 09:47 AM
    Australia release is same as US - mid March.
    Asia (including India and Indonesia) by second half of February 2013 (rumored).
    02-12-13 10:06 AM
    Tim Cook speaking, from what I am gathering, Apple might be in big trouble to be fair.
    02-12-13 10:11 AM
    why is that?
    02-12-13 10:12 AM
    I feel your pain. Waiting for my red BB10 to get here is a long and arduous wait.

On the plus side, BB.TO is keeping me company.
    Now I just have to find out how much it will cost me to switch to the Z10. My contract with Verizon isn't up until next summer. I already called Verizon but the rep couldn't help me because the devices and prices were not available yet. Have to wait until they get them in before they can tell me anything.
    02-12-13 10:14 AM
    I'm just wondering, does it make sense to be trading on minor swings? And does anyone actually do this?
    Say 5 cents?

E.g. Buy at 16.50. Sell at 16.60
    Assuming 500 shares
    Purchase Cost
    $8250 + $10 commission = $8260
    Sell Gains and Cost
    $8300 -$10 Commission = $8290
    =$30 Profit?
    Rinse and Repeat?

Of course you might lose out on a big rally.

Hmmmm
    02-12-13 10:17 AM
    Tim Cook speaking, from what I am gathering, Apple might be in big trouble to be fair.
    ?
    02-12-13 10:20 AM
    I'm just wondering, does it make sense to be trading on minor swings? And does anyone actually do this?
    Say 5 cents?

Assuming 500 shares
    Purchase Cost
    Sell Gains and Cost
    =$30 Profit?
    Rinse and Repeat?

Hmmmm
    Kind of leary to say anything because we are not supposed to give any investing/trading advice. I will say that I do this, but only with monies I made as profit from previous trades on other stocks. yes, you can make money and you can lose money. Pick any stock the fluctuates like this one and the possibilities are there. Of course, making money on .50 cent differences requires a rather large investment. Just do basic math and you can see the possibilities. Again, you can lose as well as make money.

Edit: On another stock I purchased 100 shares at $34.00 and sold yesterday at $35.00. Made some quick money. But that doesn't happen every day, but often. It's all about the risks and whether you can afford to take them at any level.
    02-12-13 10:20 AM
    Say 5 cents?

Assuming 500 shares
    Purchase Cost
    Sell Gains and Cost
    =$30 Profit?
    Rinse and Repeat?

Hmmmm
    You are playing a zero sum game. Every time a commission is paid, money is taken away from the players. Thus, as a whole, traders will loose money while the intermediary (your broker/commissions guy) walks away with money either way. Trading is promoted in the media for one reason. It makes brokers money and that money pays for advertisements.

Even if you make money, eventually a run up will occur after you sell that eclipses all those short term gains.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    02-12-13 10:23 AM
    Now that the share is down again... I'm thinking of putting some money back, good idea?
    02-12-13 10:25 AM
    why is that?
    Talked about innovation in long term, tho said nothing about how they will fulfill it. Gave no confidence to investors, only empty words.

edit: on question about a product for emerging markets, had no answer, but added that Apple wont make a crappy product

edit2: Think that his 'empty' conference will drag Apple stock down and investors might jump for BBRY.. will see what will Thor say.
    02-12-13 10:25 AM
    You are playing a zero sum game. Every time a commission is paid, money is taken away from the players. Thus, as a whole, traders will loose money while the intermediary (your broker/commissions guy) walks away with money either way. Trading is promoted in the media for one reason. It makes brokers money and that money pays for advertisements.

Even if you make money, eventually a run up will occur after you sell that eclipses all those short term gains.
    I have 50 free trades left before I have to pay anything. It depend on who you're going through. The institution I use gives out free trades and then when you have to pay, they are minimal. of course, the financial institution I use is only for active duty or retired service members like myself, so I am fortunate.
    02-12-13 10:30 AM
    Talked about innovation in long term, tho said nothing about how they will fulfill it.
    Exactly. He gave virtually no indications of Apple's future, and instead just talked about their past performance. I don't care about what you've done so far in China. That's what your earnings call told me. Tell me how you're going to grow the business further.
    02-12-13 10:34 AM
    Seeing that most the stores only got like 5-10 units and are still sold out, do you think BB is holding back units of what?

You got to admit that the stock is bumping along the bottom considering they just introduced their "big thing". You also got to admit that they are delivering it only "half baked" . . reminds me of their tablet! Yes that was a big success! LOL!

If you can't admit then it is just because of the gut full of BB Koolaid your are struggling to keep from coming back up!
    02-12-13 10:35 AM
    Support is coming at around $14
    02-12-13 10:36 AM
    Be careful in trading now, buy the rumour, sell the news. Will see what Thor says during the conf before making any decision. Might be seeing a drop down following with big guys buying

edit: apple 9$ down following the talk. and thats not the end of it imho
    02-12-13 10:44 AM
    I'm going to come back after lunch and see where we are. Would be nice to see it over the previous close or close to it (15.73).
    02-12-13 10:46 AM
    Holy crap who wrote this thing? 10 year old? Horrible, horrible grammar.
    You're
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 10:46 AM
    Holy crap who wrote this thing? 10 year old? Horrible, horrible grammar.
    he'll just say it's not his poor grammar, it was the autocorrect on his awesome iphone.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 10:54 AM
    I hope so but it seems to be fading. It can reverse quickly. I hope it holds in the mid 15's. See you at 2...
    02-12-13 10:55 AM
    he'll just say it's not his poor grammar, it was the autocorrect on his awesome iphone.

^^^HAHAHA&&HAHAHHA^^^^
    02-12-13 10:57 AM
    Seeing that most the stores only got like 5-10 units and are still sold out, do you think BB is holding back units of what?

You got to admit that the stock is bumping along the bottom considering they just introduced their "big thing". You also got to admit that they are delivering it only "half baked" . . reminds me of their tablet! Yes that was a big success! LOL!

If you can't admit then it is just because of the gut full of BB Koolaid your are struggling to keep from coming back up!
    With all due respect and I am not being rhetorical, why are you telling us all this stuff?
    02-12-13 10:59 AM
    Someone's killing it.

Bbry are you down down down down down, downnn, downnn, Bbry are you down down down down down, downnn, downnn.
    02-12-13 11:00 AM
113,250 ... 188189190191192 ...