View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lots of old news being re-plaed to bring this thing down. Who knows short interest numbers are leacked. It will be interesting move tomorrow as short interest nums sould be out today. If you observe Yahoo finances, headlines on media shorts trying so hard to bring it down, all old bad news replayed multiple times, good news rarely mentioned such as statement from phone4u, rogers, UAE results, z10 interest, etc.
    I don't think the short interest is going to make the stock move much.
    High short interest means the stock is oversold meaning it might go up. But it also means people a bullish.
    Lower short interest means people are bullish but also means the recent rallies are attributed to short covering.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I'm out for the day. Think it might go lower again tomorrow morning.
    BBNation likes this.
    02-11-13 02:03 PM
    I read that article but failed to see his reasoning.

So BBRY makes more money from selling BB and it is immediate cashflow instead of a monthly fee. Sounds like a win win, sure BIS fees will drop.
    I have heard good things about BES10, so there is still the opportunity of holding on to at least a fair chunk of that with BES10.
    I have to be honest that i don't really know what the competition is like in this particular space, and it is something i had not really considered. Anyone with knowledge knows how it stands against competition?
    It seems as though he has completely overlooked a key point.

I am sure BBRY will still be selling at least 2 million BB7 devices each quarter. If they have been selling approx 7 mil per quarter up to now, sounds reasonable.
    Each of these BB7 devices will have a service revenue fee attached to it.
    Not only that but what about revenue from app world, nfc payments, etc.
    There is also the potential of the OS which currently far surpasses the more established OSes in the market. He even mentioned the possibilities of connecting with vehicles.
    Am i missing something?
    02-11-13 02:03 PM
    I must be stupid ... or ???
    ... this guy has really no idea.

No, really ... I must be stupid ...
    Someone once said "it's hard to get someone to understand something if his living depends on not understanding it".
    So hypothetically, if his livelihood is dependent on BBRY failing, then it would be hard for him to write an article pointing out factors that could propel BBRY to the top.
    Superfly_FR and s0be like this.
    02-11-13 02:05 PM
    Home Depot says no to BlackBerry 10: iPhone a go - SlashGear

The yet-unofficial announcement that Home Depot would be dropping their company-wide use of BlackBerry devices for Apple’s mobile phone option will have the company formerly known as RIM servicing around 100,000 devices fewer once the full switch is made.

What the **** is with these numbers, first i read 10 000 now 100000
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_ma86ialtgy1qct8ph_zps5fbc2800.jpg
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-11-13 02:06 PM
    What I find interesting with this is that it's being announced tomorrow which is after short interest that is being reported today at 4pm after close. Could prem watsa and gang setting up the shorts for maximum pain?
    s0be likes this.
    02-11-13 02:06 PM
    I must be stupid ... or ???

Ok, basically, they make $65 GP more, isn't it ?
    So why ?

Nope, sir; the more they sell, the more they gain ...

and the final touch ...

Just cut the whole email infrastructure, won't renew a large part of the NOC, BBM don't use BIS w/ BB10, all this will reduce drastically bandwidth usage ... this guy has really no idea.

No, really ... I must be stupid ...

Lol...my concern is that's the same kind of thinking that drove the shares down in December, despite outperforming...
    02-11-13 02:09 PM
    Lol @ Kid Vibe.. Dude, you crack me up.
    02-11-13 02:09 PM
    I don't think the short interest is going to make the stock move much.
    High short interest means the stock is oversold meaning it might go up. But it also means people a bullish.
    Lower short interest means people are bullish but also means the recent rallies are attributed to short covering.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I'm out for the day. Think it might go lower again tomorrow morning.

I agree...I'm thinking below $15 tomorrow.
    02-11-13 02:12 PM
    the number is 10k not 100k. No way home depot has that many managers/corporate personnel. Funny how cnbc is constantly bringing this old news up today. Too funny.

The yet-unofficial announcement that Home Depot would be dropping their company-wide use of BlackBerry devices for Apple’s mobile phone option will have the company formerly known as RIM servicing around 100,000 devices fewer once the full switch is made.

According to Wikipedia, Home Depot has 331,000 employees as of 2012.
    100,000 would be 1/3 of all employees........do store associates get smartphones?
    Sounds sketchy.
    bungaboy and s0be like this.
    Lots of old news being re-plaed to bring this thing down. Who knows short interest numbers are leacked. It will be interesting move tomorrow as short interest nums sould be out today. If you observe Yahoo finances, headlines on media shorts trying so hard to bring it down, all old bad news replayed multiple times, good news rarely mentioned such as statement from phone4u, rogers, UAE results, z10 interest, etc.
    And they say the Stock Market is regulated or was it "self-regulated"
    02-11-13 02:14 PM
    the number is 10k not 100k. No way home depot has that many managers/corporate personnel. Funny how cnbc is constantly bringing this old news up today. Too funny.
    Have you ever watched the video on stock manipulation by Cramer? You should if you haven't.
    bungaboy likes this.
    What I find interesting with this is that it's being announced tomorrow which is after short interest that is being reported today at 4pm after close. Could prem watsa and gang setting up the shorts for maximum pain?
    Doubt it. Shorts squeeze ain't happening till we see some spectacular numbers.

Question: On the TSX/TSE there is no after hour market like on the NASDAQ right? I think you can only trade on the last ask/bid, right?
    Shanerredflag and morganplus8 like this.
    100,000 would be 1/3 of all employees........do store associates get smartphones?
    Sounds sketchy.

They had better inform their finance people that cell costs are about to skyrocket...lol
    02-11-13 02:17 PM
    Doubt it. Shorts squeeze ain't happening till we see some spectacular numbers.

Question: On the TSX/TSE there is no after hour market like on the NASDAQ right? I think you can only trade on the last ask/bid, right?
    Correct.
    02-11-13 02:18 PM
    Sounds sketchy.
    I'm not positive, but I go to this store quite a bit and I see almost all the store associates carrying these. I highly doubt the cell is turned on but rather they use the phone as part of their inventory program. next time I'm in the store I'll ask, but almost everyone of the employees has one on their belt.
    02-11-13 02:20 PM
    Correct.
    Boo, thats no fun. I want to trade on the highly volatile AH prices. Hate how there is no Pre-Market either on the TSX.
    02-11-13 02:21 PM
    trading RIMM, now BBRY, has made me realise exactly how much the market is manipulated.
    02-11-13 02:22 PM
    trading RIMM, now BBRY, has made me realise exactly how much the market is manipulated.
    Well, they can manipulate it back over $18 PDQ.
    02-11-13 02:23 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_ma86ialtGy1qct8ph_zps5fbc2800.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	135359
    LOL....yeah, I just heard this mentioned on CNBC. They stated it as 10,000.
    02-11-13 02:26 PM
    I still have some Ammo ($$) to avg down even further if it goes red tomorrow or the next days. Don't bet the whole farm on something incase you need to avg down
    02-11-13 02:29 PM
    only when they are ready though, that is the frustrating part! I am ready now
    02-11-13 02:30 PM

So BBRY makes more money from selling BB and it is immediate cashflow instead of a monthly fee. Sounds like a win win, sure BIS fees will drop.
    I have heard good things about BES10, so there is still the opportunity of holding on to at least a fair chunk of that with BES10.
    I have to be honest that i don't really know what the competition is like in this particular space, and it is something i had not really considered. Anyone with knowledge knows how it stands against competition?

I am sure BBRY will still be selling at least 2 million BB7 devices each quarter. If they have been selling approx 7 mil per quarter up to now, sounds reasonable.
    There is also the potential of the OS which currently far surpasses the more established OSes in the market. He even mentioned the possibilities of connecting with vehicles.
    Am i missing something?
    Let's take my recent experience with bes10 and z10. We ordered close to dozen z10s from BELL with data plan. We installed bes10 just to manage iOS, BB10 and Anroid phones and keeping best until BB release Service Pack to consolidate all in one. Let's take non-bbs out of this pix. We are assured by BELL consultant that NOC is still used for Z10 with BES10 and we can also use the traditional communication channel that goes thru BB network for all emails including ActiveSync or we can go straight just typical iOS devices. This option is avilable with MS exchage 2010 just like old OS did with MS exchange, fully integrated.
    Just to summarize this do you think BB is doing all this for free ? I do not think so. I am sure that BB is getting the cut of all z10s we got with data plan of $40/month so BB made close to $200 on the hardware and continue to make for next 2 years on the same phone. For consumers this may not be true but enterprises this can the fact and BB can still make tons of money. BB will also sell bb7 for another year so monthly will not disappear overnight.
    02-11-13 02:35 PM

Am i missing something?
    Yes they sold 7 mil last quarter, but their overall subscriber base fell. Don't know that you can really count on service revenues doing anything but falling drastically even IF BB10 is a success. We will have to see how well Mobile Fusion is adopted in the coming months to see what the future of BBRY service revenues will be.

As for making more profit on the devices... sometimes if you charge more you end up selling less and thus your profit goes down. Business have to find a sweet spot. We really don't know what BB has planned when it comes to pricing. I'm hoping that for then next few months they are just "using" their loyal customers to make a quick buck, but that later they will be more competitive with their pricing to attract the average consumer.

As for the possibilities of connecting with vehicles... many high end cars allow this in a limited way today. Most are designed to be used with any of the major platforms, it might be easier for a QNX Phone to talk to a QNX Car, but do you really believe that a car manufacture is going to allow limits to be place on the capabilities of a feature to one manufacture?
    02-11-13 02:36 PM
    Yes they sold 7 mil last quarter, but their overall subscriber base fell. Don't know that you can really count on service revenues doing anything but falling drastically even IF BB10 is a success. We will have to see how well Mobile Fusion is adopted in the coming months to see what the future of BBRY service revenues will be.

As for making more profit on the devices... sometimes if you charge more you end up selling less and thus your profit goes down. Business have to find a sweet spot. We really don't know what BB has planned when it comes to pricing. I'm hoping that for then next few months they are just "using" their loyal customers to make a quick buck, but that later they will be more competitive with their pricing to attract the average consumer.

As for the possibilities of connecting with vehicles... many high end cars allow this in a limited way today. Most are designed to be used with any of the major platforms, it might be easier for a QNX Phone to talk to a QNX Car, but do you really believe that a car manufacture is going to allow limits to be place on the capabilities of a feature to one manufacture?
    Keep in mind, they have other plans for generating money from the NOC. These will start to ramp up in the next 2 or 3 years.
    02-11-13 02:39 PM
113,256 ... 184185186187188 ...