View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I sure it has nothing to do with the news that BB10 Platform will not have a low cost device for 2013. Considering the fact that MOST people by those lower cost devices that usually come either free or less than $100 on contract BB is setting it's self up for much lower sales than many had hoped. Never mind that most of those developing markets that BB has seen some expansion, were built on the lower cost devices. Or on devices bought used from other markets at a much lower cost.
    It never occured to you that blackberry will have a hard enough time to meet current demand for the Z10 and Q 10? I know so many blackberry users that are either waiting for the Z10 or the Q10. It turns out 50% of sales are gone to non- blackberry users as apple and google users switch to blackberry 10.
    02-11-13 09:07 AM
    A lot of stops are going to be taken out.
    What's sad for them is that they won't likely have a chance to repurchase before it rebounds...good deals for others though.
    02-11-13 09:09 AM
    might have missed the place to buy more... nevermind, as long as it goes up, dont really mind.

edit: not sure about if its true but: rumours are that thor will be announcing some numbers on CNBC at noon..
    02-11-13 09:10 AM
    might have missed the place to buy more... nevermind, as long as it goes up, dont really mind.

edit: not sure about if its true but: rumours are that thor will be announcing some numbers on CNBC at noon..
    I think we can expect a few dips yet.
    02-11-13 09:14 AM
    I sure it has nothing to do with the news that BB10 Platform will not have a low cost device for 2013. Considering the fact that MOST people by those lower cost devices that usually come either free or less than $100 on contract BB is setting it's self up for much lower sales than many had hoped. Never mind that most of those developing markets that BB has seen some expansion, were built on the lower cost devices. Or on devices bought used from other markets at a much lower cost.
    My understanding is that the lower end markets are happy with OS7 for the time being. They can continue to get BB handsets at the price points that you mentioned, but if the more well off people in those markets want a Z10, they can get one. Seems like a sound strategy to me.
    s0be likes this.
    02-11-13 09:15 AM
    Ok, here we are again today. Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. I'm strapped in and ready for the rollercoaster ride again. Let the games begin. Oh yeah, I also took advantage of the dips today. Woohoo!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-11-13 09:17 AM
    I think we can expect a few dips yet.
    I think so too. But I wont be angry if it doesnt go down again
    02-11-13 09:20 AM
    02-11-13 09:25 AM
    Dammit just missed March 16 $18 calls for $0.56 by 1 cent. Thought it went through but it didn't. Had to get them at 0.69C

Moved way too fast.
    02-11-13 09:28 AM
    Dammit just missed March 16 $18 calls for $0.56 by 1 cent. Thought it went through but it didn't. Had to get them at 0.69C

Moved way too fast.
    What do you mean by March $18 calls?
    02-11-13 09:30 AM
    Damn stock, go up boy, GO UP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    02-11-13 09:31 AM
    Damn stock, go up boy, GO UP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
    I'm rolling on that one!
    02-11-13 09:32 AM
    I'm reading that the reason for this drop may be due to Home Depot pulling away from BB
    02-11-13 09:45 AM
    I'm reading that the reason for this drop may be due to Home Depot pulling away from BB
    Possibly, but it seems that most folks know this is recycled news from last summer...
    02-11-13 09:46 AM
    Possibly, but it seems that most folks know this is recycled news from last summer...
    Interesting, O well, we shall see. Ironically, many analysts have upgraded the stock too. I just remember last Monday, it rose 15% in a day! Anything is possible.
    02-11-13 09:48 AM
    Where do you get this news that thor will be announcing some numbers on CNBC at noon and can you send the link of the news here ?
    02-11-13 09:58 AM
    looks like we might be heading up, the triangle seem to be broken
    02-11-13 10:04 AM
    Where do you get this news that thor will be announcing some numbers on CNBC at noon and can you send the link of the news here ?
    ^This
    02-11-13 10:05 AM
    Going back up now. Glad I have an extra computer monitor at work that sits beside the one I do work on. Pretty cool watching it go up and down. hahaha.
    02-11-13 10:15 AM
    Hey guys we reached 60% in our poll.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-13 10:18 AM
    good, though so, next stop 16,20.. if we get there was enough I think we might see it back to 16.45ish by the end of the day.
    02-11-13 10:22 AM
    good, though so, next stop 16,20.. if we get there was enough I think we might see it back to 16.45ish by the end of the day.
    You don't think it will go over $17 today?
    02-11-13 10:27 AM
    Thor on CNBC?? Is this true? if so, I would be careful. It's a catch 22. He can't win on sales #'s. If he does release hard #'s, they will compare to Apple or Samsung, if he doesn't they will bash him for that. A few of the CNBC lunchtime commentators have been pro BBRY. Maybe they will be tuned into the realistic sales #'s and throw him a life line line if he delivers? It is just fraught with risk for Thor and sales #'s at this point. They may also push him on a US release date which may not end well. Or he could say first week of March which would be great! If anyone knows what time he will be on for sure, that would be great.
    austriker and Charles Martin1 like this.
    02-11-13 10:34 AM
    Reading this thread, seems like a lot of people think BBRY is a stock you can make EASY money.
    THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

I would say with my limited stocks/options knowledge, it is pretty much a gamble (you have no idea how successful BB10 is without raw numbers and without a USA release yet). This stock is ALL over the place and has no solid resistance points like many other stocks. It moves on no news and on pure manipulation sometimes. This stock is not for the feint of heart.

I repeat, THIS STOCK IS NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART.

If you are watching this stock on the daily (I do, but because I want to extend my position and I don't really cringe when I see red), then this stock is not for you. This stock will move up and down as it pleases and is probably the most volatile stock out there at the moment (undervalued but has a lot betting on BB10).

Point: it made a $1 move intraday with no news....that is complete volatility. Don't invest money you can't afford to lose!
    02-11-13 10:35 AM
    You don't think it will go over $17 today?
    doubt it, took us 3 days to break the 16,75 resistance last week. Now we have 16,20-5 to break, 16,40-5 to break and then we can think of 17$
    Closing above 16$ will be good enough for today, and go green tomorrow

edit: also need to be careful, we might just as well not even hold above 16$..which wouldnt be nice
    Last edited by AlexejKir; 02-11-13 at 10:44 AM. Reason: edit
    02-11-13 10:35 AM
113,250 ... 182183184185186 ...