View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice avatar ^^^^^
    Yeah, this one captures the proper level of swagger.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-10-13 12:22 AM
    Expect BB squeeze earning. this coming up earning report will only include up to feb 28 so it may not reflect z10 success but the next one will cause squeeze for sure if all go well.. Some analysts earlier said that no profit for another year or two but the year may shorten to months..
    fedakd likes this.
    02-10-13 12:50 AM
    Looks like it is sold for over $1500 in grey market in India..the legit will cost around 40k ruppes..about $789. Good buzz, profit margin for BB. rumour launch date is feb 24
    BlackBerry Z10 is here, costs Rs 80,000!
    02-10-13 01:02 AM
    This thread is fascinating. Can you guys recommend the best book/resources for getting into this stuff? Thanks!!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 04:17 AM
    Didn't Netflix jump because they killed on earnings? At one point people left because of the split disk/streaming pricing and the stronger competition of Amazon. But after blowing through their earnings forecast, the stock shot up.

So with strong sales and earnings (hopefully exceeding expectations) from BB10, it would make sense that BlackBerry stock price jumps when the earnings reports reaffirms what was all believe to be true: BB10 is a winner!.
    After all, in the end it's all about the money.

Yes but I fear BBRY may suffer hyper expectations again, even if the sales numbers come in more than originally expected. There will no doubt be some attrition from the 79 million...my hope is that the recent boost will be enough to offset that dip. you have to keep in mind that the USA launch is not going to be included and now it looks as though the UAE launch has been delayed.

http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/blackberry-z10-not-available-yet-to-uae-customers-on-launch-day-2013-02-10-1.494438
    02-10-13 05:49 AM
    Yes but I fear BBRY may suffer hyper expectations again, even if the sales numbers come in more than originally expected. There will no doubt be some attrition from the 79 million...my hope is that the recent boost will be enough to offset that dip. you have to keep in mind that the USA launch is not going to be included and now it looks as though the UAE launch has been delayed.

http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/blackberry-z10-not-available-yet-to-uae-customers-on-launch-day-2013-02-10-1.494438
    I expect we may see the wrong side of $16 on Tuesday.
    02-10-13 05:51 AM
    Is BB subscriber numbers r actually increasing or decreasing in Q1 of 2013?
    02-10-13 05:55 AM
    This thread is fascinating. Can you guys recommend the best book/resources for getting into this stuff? Thanks!!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    10 Indispensable Books for Investing Better (AMZN, BBY, INTC, NFLX)

Also can't go wrong here:
    20 Books Every Trader Should Know About. - bclundbclund

Enjoy....fun to learn.
    Bilaal, michaelxyq and bungaboy like this.
    02-10-13 05:57 AM
    That's the question we all what answered...went down a million last reporting quarter...see what they say next month...I'm betting we get the million back (fingers crossed)

Is BB subscriber numbers r actually increasing or decreasing in Q1 of 2013?
    02-10-13 06:06 AM
    Sorry, but Nasdaq site have this glitch for several months. The printed top value is false. Their chart is OK.
    See on Yahoo's finance page.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    gp656 likes this.
    02-10-13 06:15 AM
    That's the question we all what answered...went down a million last reporting quarter...see what they say next month...I'm betting we get the million back (fingers crossed)
    My worry is that they fell by a few million more and the recent launches don't make up for the entire drop. This, of course, would be a short term issue but may take some shine off, as it could create some additional uncertainty, until the next earnings release.
    Nindia likes this.
    02-10-13 06:17 AM
    What exactly would the BB10 users be subscribing to? BIS doesn't exist for BB10, so some type of merged metric would be needed.
    02-10-13 07:23 AM
    Thankyou!!! Looks like I have a nbew hobby!

10 Indispensable Books for Investing Better (AMZN, BBY, INTC, NFLX)

Also can't go wrong here:
    20 Books Every Trader Should Know About. - bclundbclund

Enjoy....fun to learn.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-10-13 07:24 AM
    Citigroup changes rating on BBRY.

Before:
    BlackBerry Stock Could Hit $6: Suva

After:
    BlackBerry Stock Rating Upgraded by Citigroup (BBRY) | Jags Report - JAGSReport
    Last edited by duckJAI; 02-10-13 at 07:40 AM.
    W Hoa and bungaboy like this.
    02-10-13 07:29 AM
    Didn't Netflix jump because they killed on earnings? At one point people left because of the split disk/streaming pricing and the stronger competition of Amazon. But after blowing through their earnings forecast, the stock shot up.

So with strong sales and earnings (hopefully exceeding expectations) from BB10, it would make sense that BlackBerry stock price jumps when the earnings reports reaffirms what was all believe to be true: BB10 is a winner!.
    After all, in the end it's all about the money.
    They had earnings per share of like 1 cent. Or something small like that. I wouldn't say they "killed on earnings"
    02-10-13 08:26 AM
    Citi did not upgrade BBRY. It was Wells Fargo

TORONTO (AP) -- Shares of BlackBerry maker Research In Motion rose 3 percent Thursday with Wells Fargo saying that better gross margins from the company's new phone will offset potentially limited demand.
    THE SPARK: In a morning research note, analyst Maynard Um upgraded the shares to outperform. Um said the current valuation already discounts the potentially limited demand for RIM's new BlackBerry phone that was unveiled last week.
    THE BIG PICTURE: RIM shares have more than doubled from nine-year lows in September on optimism and mostly favorable reviews off the new BlackBerry. The software has a fresh interface designed for touchscreens. The once pioneering smartphone has been overshadowed by the iPhone and Android phones in recent years.
    THE ANALYSIS: UM said the outperform rating is predicated on the view that gross margins will improve with the release of the new much-delayed phones. He upgraded the valuation target to between $19 and $20, versus the prior range of $11-$13 under the previous analyst's call.
    02-10-13 08:29 AM
    I think those are two different areas within Citigroup. I say this because:
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) was upgraded by equities researchers at Citigroup from a �market perform� rating to an �outperform� rating in a report issued on Thursday
    But - Suva had rated it at "Sell". So an upgrade from "market perform" to "outperform" indicates some kind of disconnect, since it was not at "market perform" according to Suva.

As crackerdoodle has noted, it's likely they meant Wells Fargo. I only found one or two articles referencing a Citigroup upgrade, and it would have been pretty big news if they'd actually done so after a recent "sell" rating.
    02-10-13 09:50 AM
    The UAE launch is at 10pm local time.
    02-10-13 10:40 AM
    1 hour and 14 minutes from now...
    02-10-13 10:47 AM
    Somebody just grabbed a couple in UAE

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uae.jpg
    02-10-13 11:02 AM
    Called 4 Telus stores within a 10km radius of me and they're all out of BlackBerry Z10s. Shipments come in Mon, Wed and Friday. Hopefully it's the same everywhere.
    02-10-13 11:10 AM
    We need to get the hype under control in this forum. Yes we want to see bbry go through the roof, but let's be reasonable. Before the December earnings release we were expecting TWO more bad quarters. BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement.
    We know most of the analysts in the US are bearish on this stock. If you do some research on analysts you'll find they tend to herd, because if they are wrong they don't stick out and they keep their jobs. If they go against the flow and they are right they get rewarded, but if they are wrong they're out of work.
    The analysts are just as blind as we are with respect to numbers. They can model their projections to be bullish or bearish depending on the assumptions they start with.
    I wouldn't count on seeing any massive short squeeze. The outstanding shares are held too diversely, if (when) the shorts have to start covering there will be plenty if people willing to sell after the run up we've seen on the last couple of months.
    The Holders will be rewarded over the long term. The day traders will be rewarded in the short term and they will be the limiting factor for any short squeeze. The shorts won't have to start covering until after the US release and probably not before the June earnings report. 18/share is a commonly modeled "fair value" for the stock knowing what we know. I can see the shares bouncing around between 16 and 18 between now and mid March and taking a dip on the US release (buy the rumor, sell the news) if M8's chart can be trusted to hold for a few more weeks.
    02-10-13 11:30 AM
    Agreed. You're not going to see a short squeeze any time soon. Even if the March ER report is favorable regarding BB10 sales, most analysts will attribute it to launch hype. Blackberry needs to demonstrate significant growth in a follow up ER before shorts will realize they've lost the battle.

My goal for this year is still $30 pps. And will be very happy if we actually hit it.

We need to get the hype under control in this forum. Yes we want to see bbry go through the roof, but let's be reasonable. Before the December earnings release we were expecting TWO more bad quarters. BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement.
    We know most of the analysts in the US are bearish on this stock. If you do some research on analysts you'll find they tend to herd, because if they are wrong they don't stick out and they keep their jobs. If they go against the flow and they are right they get rewarded, but if they are wrong they're out of work.
    The analysts are just as blind as we are with respect to numbers. They can model their projections to be bullish or bearish depending on the assumptions they start with.
    I wouldn't count on seeing any massive short squeeze. The outstanding shares are held too diversely, if (when) the shorts have to start covering there will be plenty if people willing to sell after the run up we've seen on the last couple of months.
    The Holders will be rewarded over the long term. The day traders will be rewarded in the short term and they will be the limiting factor for any short squeeze. The shorts won't have to start covering until after the US release and probably not before the June earnings report. 18/share is a commonly modeled "fair value" for the stock knowing what we know. I can see the shares bouncing around between 16 and 18 between now and mid March and taking a dip on the US release (buy the rumor, sell the news) if M8's chart can be trusted to hold for a few more weeks.
    02-10-13 11:36 AM
    StormieTwo I pretty much agree with what you've written. With one exception "BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement."

What is going to surprise prople is that the 'subscriber number' is going to go up. Not because their is a sudden increase in subscribers but rather because BlackBerry is going to change how they calculate 'subscribers'. Starting this quarter report 'subscribers' will include ALL Blackberry users.
    bungaboy and coldsword like this.
    02-10-13 11:42 AM
    Meanwhile over at UAE

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uae1.jpg
    02-10-13 11:59 AM
113,250 ... 178179180181182 ...