Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sold mine at $16 yesterday... Waiting for another entry level at $13
    02-08-13 05:15 PM
    Bold move. We have a lot of support between 16 and 13 and a steady stream of good news. I see more upside next week.

Sold mine at $16 yesterday... Waiting for another entry level at $13
    02-08-13 05:16 PM
    Seems for the most part, users here are for the long-term... Once (if) it hits a few dollars more, I will be extremely tempted to sell and call it a year... But the upside is huge, I could see this share-price hitting 2X.xx by the end of this month.
    02-08-13 06:01 PM
    Do not forget that neighbouring countries and Europe fans also go to Dubai for shopping, overseas gifts, etc..so there will more than local demand..I hope it does well so Monday is green again for bB
    I will go to Dubai in couple weeks to give a seminar. Maybe I can try to influence a little
    02-08-13 06:48 PM
    As a shareholder, I really have concern about BB strategy of using Z10 as high end and BB7 as low end phones to compete in calendar year 2013.
    On the high end side, I don't think with last year flagship spec Z10 will have a chance to compete in the high end this year. It is almost like the time when they put the almighty Playbook against the amateur iPad. BB should definitely milk their fan boy with the Z10 first, but they also need to come out another new superphone to really compete in the high end with the likes of S4 and M7.
    The real concern though is on the low end market. They are essentially taking a chance on hoping the BB7 pohnes can reverse the trend of erosion by low end Android devices, from Huawei, ZTC and other local brands. I am afraid that if this strategy bombs and they move too slowly, they might lose the stranglehold on the developing countries to low end Android forever. They are facing intense war both on the top end and the low end, with very limited resources and support. I don't see their current strategy work too well.
    02-08-13 06:59 PM
    As a shareholder, I really have concern about BB strategy of using Z10 as high end and BB7 as low end phones to compete in calendar year 2013.
    On the high end side, I don't think with last year flagship spec Z10 will have a chance to compete in the high end this year. It is almost like the time when they put the almighty Playbook against the amateur iPad. BB should definitely milk their fan boy with the Z10 first, but they also need to come out another new superphone to really compete in the high end with the likes of S4 and M7.
    The real concern though is on the low end market. They are essentially taking a chance on hoping the BB7 pohnes can reverse the trend of erosion by low end Android devices, from Huawei, ZTC and other local brands. I am afraid that if this strategy bombs and they move too slowly, they might lose the stranglehold on the developing countries to low end Android forever. They are facing intense war both on the top end and the low end, with very limited resources and support. I don't see their current strategy work too well.
    After perusing your 130 posts I could probably guess what the "bs" part of your nic is. What does the "cc" part mean?

From all the negativity in your posts my thoughts are you probably aren't a shareholder but it wouldn't surprise me if you were the reincarnate of a Negative Nancy once banned from here.

This thread is "I support BBRY and I buy shares". Not sure if you are really meeting these in fact or in spirit.

Have a great weekend.
    cjcampbell and 416to604 like this.
    02-08-13 08:07 PM
    After perusing your 130 posts I could probably guess what the "bs" part of your nic is. What does the "cc" part mean?

From all the negativity in your posts my thoughts are you probably aren't a shareholder but it wouldn't surprise me if you were the reincarnate of a Negative Nancy once banned from here.

This thread is "I support BBRY and I buy shares". Not sure if you are really meeting these in fact or in spirit.

Have a great weekend.
    My feeling is, if his concerns are genuine and as deep as his post conveyed, then an easy solution is to sell all his shares - no more worries.
    02-08-13 08:14 PM

Have a great weekend.
    It's very easy for anyone to spot these trolls by going throught their posts. Not sure why they are allowed to continue posting.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-13 09:24 PM
    Because Crackberry forums has the worst moderators in the galaxy.

It's very easy for anyone to spot these trolls by going throught their posts. Not sure why they are allowed to continue posting.
    drummer_god and bb10CA like this.
    02-08-13 09:31 PM
    Ok, see you Monday gang (lol I love to write "gang", don't know why).
    Stay nice and gentle, otherwise daddy's gonna be very angry
    Nuts. I had a feeling I saw that sheep image somewhere. Gotta come up with a different avatar. Still the blacksheep mode, but badass cigar chomping pappy boyington style ram. If only I could draw...
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-08-13 10:06 PM
    02-08-13 11:34 PM
    BB7 devices are mid/low-en to high-end devices ... serving different purposes; mid/low addressing individuals in several areas (where they cannot afford a $500 device) and high the enterprises.
    02-09-13 04:32 AM
    02-09-13 07:11 AM
    As I stated in the CB forum thread about this; there has never been a low-end devices announced ... mid-ends were.
    “Our intention is to evolve that portfolio to enter the mid-tier.”
    BB7 devices will handle the low-end segment (and grab some BIS fees); sounds perfect to me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-09-13 07:29 AM
    Sonbuster on redflagdeals posted this with regards to BlackBerry's recent Japan announcement. What do you guys think? I think he may be onto something here:

Today came 2 pieces of news that came out that had me wondering why they were released.

the first news
    BlackBerry strengthens board with wireless industy veterans, Richard Lynch, a former long-serving executive at US wireless carrier Verizon Communications and Bert Nordberg, a former CEO of Sony Ericsson.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91611E20130207

cool, i thought. i wonder what they would bring to the table.

the second news came out and had a much more muted affected
    BlackBerry to stop selling handsets in Japan, citing market share in Japan has shrunk to 0.3 percent from 5 percent, and that they cannot justify the cost of modifying its operating system to accommodate the Japanese language.
    http://ca.reuters.com/article/techno...91610M20130207

that completely puzzled me as to why they would announce that. Japan is a huge market for smartphones and surely they might be able to claw some of that back. The language part was a bit off too, b/c they tout the BlackBerry z10 as one of the best phones when it comes to language inputs.

why these 2 announcements why now? you may have already figured it out.

my opinion, but i believe BlackBerry picked up the ex-CEO of Sony Ericksson, Bert Nordberg in order to bridge a relationship between BlackBerry and Sony. Some found it sad that Blackberry won't be selling in Japan, but with this connection we might see this relationship extend to having BB10 OS on Sony phones for the Japanese and Global Market.

The partnership, via a licensing deal, makes perfect sense. Sony has it's struggles too. Sony makes good phones, but they're not popular when everyone else is getting a samsung or an LG or any of the chinese makers.

this would be a synergistic deal that would benefit both parties.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-09-13 07:34 AM
    @Tinomane : BlackBerry just can't afford Japan market at this time ... the cost is much too heavy for the gain it can generate.
    Once the demand pops in Japan (there will be English interface users), then it'll be the right tempo.
    #dontGoWhereYouCantWin
    Now, extrapolation about BlackBerry/Sony ... sry, my Christal Ball is off duty on week-ends
    02-09-13 07:52 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shot_130209_040126.png Someone tell me this isn't another glitch

EDIT: Think it is
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-09-13 10:04 AM
    Omg please let that be true, i bought close to 80k shares at $11, some more at 16 and 17 pre launch. Thinking of selling some short first at 21. And keep the rest till they go up... $ 50 lol.
    02-09-13 10:38 AM
    Omg please let that be true, i bought close to 80k shares at $11, some more at 16 and 17 pre launch. Thinking of selling some short first at 21. And keep the rest till they go up... $ 50 lol.
    Same thing happened not too long ago and it ended up being a glitch. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    02-09-13 10:42 AM
    Let's take a look at what a great trading we had this past week!!!

The following chart shows us that the rally is still predictable and intact:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-9-2012-chart.jpg

This chart shows us that the uptrend line is still our major support, we are trading within it and the upper line which signals a top. The RSI is 59 this time around, note that at $ 18.32/shr the RSI was at 77 and grossly overbought. We have the exact same trajectory as the last rally and it projects $ 20.50/shr as our next target. We climbed $ 3.50/shr this week on a closing basis and can easily do that next week. Friday, we dropped back to support and closer to the trendline of the 5-dma. Note that when we are above the 5-dma you only have to sit back and enjoy the ride, when we drop below it, we drop hard, back to the uptrend line for confirmation of the trend again.

This chart has worked for weeks now and there is no reason to believe that it won't work for a few weeks more. When you extend the lines out to May, you can see us hitting $ 25.00/shr so the rally is still very much alive here. I would say that the trading this past week was perfect, controlled, not too fast and predictable. We should get more media attention this coming week and that will likely keep us well above the 5-dma and heading for a new 52 week high. We also have options expiring this coming week and so it could go crazy here. This time, I think it gets crazy on the upside.

On a side note:
    I picked up my new Z10 phone replacing my BB 9900 and wow, it is amazing. I'm not just saying that because I have a ton of money in this play. This phone is so fast for surfing and I'm still improving on the text and love it. The phone is the fastest thing to operate, turns on fast and all your info is there, its an Apple killer for sure! Good luck!
    02-09-13 11:47 AM
    that's actually kind of scary how many glitches nasdaq.com has for being such a large platform
    02-09-13 11:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_130209_040126.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	134928 Someone tell me this isn't another glitch

EDIT: Think it is
    The accompanying chart doesn't seem to reflect this stock value.
    02-09-13 12:08 PM
    Just got back from FutureShop. Talked to the BB representative there. He said over half of the people buying the new phone were converts from Android and Apple.
    If this trend continues, that means the market share will double.
    So what is the market share now, not of new phone sales but of overall user base?
    I think if BB can reach 15% in the near term, that would make them very profitable.
    02-09-13 12:13 PM
    Just got back from FutureShop. Talked to the BB representative there. He said over half of the people buying the new phone were converts from Android and Apple.
    If this trend continues, that means the market share will double.
    So what is the market share now, not of new phone sales but of overall user base?
    I think if BB can reach 15% in the near term, that would make them very profitable.
    Did he give any indication of how many phones they get shipped to the store on a daily basis?
    02-09-13 12:29 PM
    Did he give any indication of how many phones they get shipped to the store on a daily basis?
    No but he said they would have gotten a new shipment in yesterday had it not been for the snow storm. Expects to get them in Monday.
    I don't think they are getting them in on a daily basis. Maybe just because there was a shortage in the supply chain somewhere, maybe they just get shipments weekly. Not sure.
    02-09-13 12:41 PM
113,256 ... 176177178179180 ...