View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    i thought it did well in the Middle East because of BBM.
    02-08-13 08:10 AM
    Is that true, even if you're running through BES?
    BBM is still "protected" by BIS.
    02-08-13 08:12 AM
    Have you guys noticed the marketplace forum is pretty much dead? I can't seem to find any phones that I need. I was looking for a torch or 9900 series for either at&t or verizon or an iphone 4s for verizon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-08-13 08:25 AM
    Lol someone dumped their portfolio right at open today

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-13 08:37 AM
    This is an epic battle happening this morning....ok it's not exactly a Greek tragedy, maybe more of a street fight. No pun intended.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-08-13 08:41 AM
    wow such low volume today. i guess the snowstorm closed wall st lol
    02-08-13 08:41 AM
    was expecting a higher opening today.. weird.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:48 AM
    It's not sliding over 10% so not a particularly bad day yet
    02-08-13 08:52 AM
    It's not sliding over 10% so not a particularly bad day yet
    give it a few mins and we are below 17 and going down

edit: tho I hope that aint happening

edit2: shame might be closing and locking some profit.. not sure yet.
    Last edited by AlexejKir; 02-08-13 at 09:14 AM.
    02-08-13 08:56 AM
    How deep do you think it will dip today?
    02-08-13 09:14 AM
    I want to take advantage of peaks and dips but I am afraid that it is too late! I wish I had done this in December!
    I bought some at $7ish, then $10ish then $14ish and then $16ish (so I kept averaging-up). And at every pull down, I found myself with no money to take advantage of the dips. So, I am thinking - maybe I should sell today at high and then buy back at dip?

Lots of folks here are doing that (eg: BThunderW). But I can't get myself to do that. I feel like there might be a short-squeeze the moment I sell and then I'd be left with an empty bowl. I guess, I am buy-and-hold investor. Not a trader. Can't even get myself to sell half of my positions or even 1/3rd of my positions. Not that I have a lot. But couple of thousand now.
    02-08-13 09:14 AM
    I feel the same way. I should have sold some at $17.29 today and bought some now on the dip.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-08-13 09:16 AM
    think we might go and play around 16,25 again, think that is a good support for now. however there are few more points we need to break if going to 16,25..this might be just a dip for investors to buy and take it back over 17 today.
    02-08-13 09:19 AM
    ...and we have pullback....I was only off by a few hours....I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff
    02-08-13 09:21 AM
    I just bought another 20 shares when it dipped to 16.60. Nice!
    02-08-13 09:24 AM
    there really isn't much volume today, so today isn't really a reflection of how it would trade if the weather wasn't affecting things.

this is like after-hours volume, so expect similar swings.
    02-08-13 09:25 AM
    I sold half mine in the high 17's a couple weeks ago...and got sellers remorse lol. Then the price tanked so I had investors remorse, never bought any more stock and am now i have missed opportunity remorse.
    There is a reason they portfolio funds with managers etc.
    austriker likes this.
    How deep do you think it will dip today?
    I hope it stays above $16.
    Tom689 likes this.
    So I'm kinda new to the stock market so I gotta ask a rookie question. The phones succes won't effect the share price until an earning report right? So if I buy now the share price will increase after an earnings report is released? That is if the phone is successful
    Differemnt strokes for different folks.

To be honest, earnings numbers are not good ways to measure a busienss. Soemthing called free cash flow is.

If you own a busienss, you don't care about earnings. You care about free cash flow. When you make a capital expenditure in year one, you spread it's cost out over time and that effects earnings. Free Cash Flow doesn't do this. It litterally tells you how much cash you generated in a given year.

Anyway, I can't check now but go google fwallstreet JNJ free cash flow. You should find an article at fwallstreet.com that is a 4 part series. It does a wonderful job at explaining free cash flow. ANd the kciker, it's not that hard to understand.
    02-08-13 09:33 AM
    It won't drop back below $16.

There is still a decent volume of shares trading hands.

Should bounce back shortly and close above $17 at the least. With the UAE launch on Sunday, I can't see anyone wanted to risk leaving that money on the table.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    02-08-13 09:34 AM
    I want to take advantage of peaks and dips but I am afraid that it is too late! I wish I had done this in December!
    I bought some at $7ish, then $10ish then $14ish and then $16ish (so I kept averaging-up). And at every pull down, I found myself with no money to take advantage of the dips. So, I am thinking - maybe I should sell today at high and then buy back at dip?

Lots of folks here are doing that (eg: BThunderW). But I can't get myself to do that. I feel like there might be a short-squeeze the moment I sell and then I'd be left with an empty bowl. I guess, I am buy-and-hold investor. Not a trader. Can't even get myself to sell half of my positions or even 1/3rd of my positions. Not that I have a lot. But couple of thousand now.
    When I was a new investor, I did that. I'd make say 20% on small 4% gains. Then I'd sell on a peak. And the stock would go up 20%. I could have just bought and sat and made the 20%. I learned the hard way I suppose.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. Long term, price follows value.

Just find things that are obviuosly undervalued and buy them and wait. If anyone knows who Prem Watsa is, go check out SD. I don't fully understand why he likes it so much but he does. I own some with a cost basis around $6. I sat and sat and sat last time when I bought at around $7 and it eventually ran up to $11. FWIW: It is hard to value but I peg it at around $7/ share based on Revenues and what I would think FCF margin should be. It's a hard to gauge company because tehy keep making aquisitions and I don't have time to dig through all the details. SD is just me piggybacking Prem Watsa.

Some day, BBRY will make a big jump at the open where it goes up 20%. If sold at the "peak" yesterday you will be kicking yourself.
    02-08-13 09:37 AM
    This is also important to note since I'm sure the marketing costs and R&D that have gone into BB10 and the newer models will reflect that in the next earnings report.

As always with a new product launch, especially when its 1.5yrs overdue this will be clearly evident at the end of March.

Differemnt strokes for different folks.

To be honest, earnings numbers are not good ways to measure a busienss. Soemthing called free cash flow is.

If you own a busienss, you don't care about earnings. You care about free cash flow. When you make a capital expenditure in year one, you spread it's cost out over time and that effects earnings. Free Cash Flow doesn't do this. It litterally tells you how much cash you generated in a given year.

Anyway, I can't check now but go google fwallstreet JNJ free cash flow. You should find an article at fwallstreet.com that is a 4 part series. It does a wonderful job at explaining free cash flow. ANd the kciker, it's not that hard to understand.
    02-08-13 09:40 AM
    why the double post?
    02-08-13 10:02 AM
    If anyone is thinking of buying in, now's a good time. Its at 16.62 right now...
    02-08-13 10:14 AM
    If anyone is thinking of buying in, now's a good time. Its at 16.62 right now...
    Sorry lcjr, but it's really not wise to be advising people to buy on a public forum.
    02-08-13 10:18 AM
113,256 ... 172173174175176 ...