View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just to be clear, blackberry is saying its not worth it AT THIS TIME. If they start eating into apple I am sure they will revisit it when it will be a bigger pay off. They got to think about their shareholders as well, oh thats us
    Or the Japanese stop eating apples . . . . . .
    02-07-13 03:46 PM
    I forgot if the float is 520k or 520m shares lol. I think it's 520m. On launch day it traded 223k so 520m is a real stretch
    02-07-13 03:51 PM
    snapshot ... I do dance, but won't show that again lol

Friday 52Wk high ? mhhhh ... could be. (wet finger, facing the wind, nothing more)The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    W Hoa, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-07-13 04:08 PM
    I forgot if the float is 520k or 520m shares lol. I think it's 520m. On launch day it traded 223k so 520m is a real stretch
    Do you think BB is only worth about $10M? JK.
    02-07-13 04:10 PM
    Well, $17 and change is holding in the after hours session. With all of the hype that will surely precede the UAE Z10 launch on Sunday, is it possible that we could see $20 by close tomorrow?
    02-07-13 05:22 PM
    I want to but some shares soo bad!!! I've been watching bbry for 2 weeks or so and it's driving me nuts that I can't buy any cuz my account on charles schwab is messed up. My account should be back to normal tomorrow though. Should I buy at $17 or will it drop soon?
    02-07-13 05:22 PM
    I want to but some shares soo bad!!! I've been watching bbry for 2 weeks or so and it's driving me nuts that I can't buy any cuz my account on charles schwab is messed up. My account should be back to normal tomorrow though. Should I buy at $17 or will it drop soon?
    No one knows that answer lol...
    02-07-13 05:44 PM
    If I knew that, my manservant would be typing this while fanning me and my masseuse with palm fronds on a yacht anchored off Monaco.
    Last edited by joe.miller; 02-07-13 at 05:51 PM. Reason: I accidentally a letter.
    q649 likes this.
    02-07-13 05:49 PM
    Opinion wise. I know it is unpredictable
    02-07-13 05:56 PM
    I don't think we'll see $20 tomorrow. If we stay above $17 tomorrow and make at run at $18 expect heavy resistance there. We've hit that wall several times and unless we get some killer news, it'll probably bounce from there. The stock isn't going to move significantly until we get some hard data from verifiable sources.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see bit of a pullback tomorrow. We've had a great run this week and it would be a great time for a lot of traders to take some profit.
    02-07-13 06:00 PM
    I was watching at low 7's and researching...eventually bought in the 8's not knowing if it was a mistake or smart...If you buy here and it goes to 30 in the next 12 months you will look back and be happy..if it goes to 6 we will both be ticked.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-07-13 06:01 PM
    I bought in at 18.12 LOL so technically im down. BUT personally I said if I could get in under $20 then I would buy and the stock was really running quickly. If im you I take the same approach as I DID but!!!! The stock has run good all week im pretty sure its due for a drop at some point. If im you I would consider looking at it near the end of trading tomorrow (Friday) As ive noticed that alot of stocks drop friday afternoon. Also if it gives you a drop tomorrow near the end then maybe wait untill monday at the open to really see where it's going.

When the stock was 13 earlier this week my friend said he was gonna wait untill it hit $10 and now its at $17 so sometimes its better to suck it up even if you COULD have got it at a better price for me its better to be in then out.

AND if you think Blackberry is going to do well then now is the time to get in before it starts running up!!
    02-07-13 06:59 PM
    I don't think we'll see $20 tomorrow. If we stay above $17 tomorrow and make at run at $18 expect heavy resistance there. We've hit that wall several times and unless we get some killer news, it'll probably bounce from there. The stock isn't going to move significantly until we get some hard data from verifiable sources.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see bit of a pullback tomorrow. We've had a great run this week and it would be a great time for a lot of traders to take some profit.
    The next target $18.30s, huge registance there.
    Then $20 is coming up, not tomorrow but next week. IF UAE launch does well over the weekend then and US launch annoucement next week should take it to $20 by next week. I am sure US carriers probably pressured by customers and enterprise customers to launch it ASAP.
    If the squeeze happens before ER then god knows where would be next stop..30s or 40s within a week.. It will be interesting to see short interest on monday, my guess is that it reduced a bit but not much..Exciting time for BB.

Have you noticed that lot of BULL news are not even making it to Yahoo finance and other sites but BEAR headlines are there..such as apps, BB CEO lier...
    02-07-13 07:07 PM
    I expect short interest to increase a bit. Shorts have been working overtime trying to keep the price down.

The next target $18.30s, huge registance there.
    Then $20 is coming up, not tomorrow but next week. IF UAE launch does well over the weekend then and US launch annoucement next week should take it to $20 by next week. I am sure US carriers probably pressured by customers and enterprise customers to launch it ASAP.
    If the squeeze happens before ER then god knows where would be next stop..30s or 40s within a week.. It will be interesting to see short interest on monday, my guess is that it reduced a bit but not much..Exciting time for BB.

Have you noticed that lot of BULL news are not even making it to Yahoo finance and other sites but BEAR headlines are there..such as apps, BB CEO lier...
    morganplus8, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    02-07-13 07:14 PM
    (interlude)
    Went to my bank today. Was not a friendly talk.
    Accidentally, my banker went on my "stocks" tab.
    What's that +45% performance ? ... on TSX ? ... RIM (I corrected : "BlackBerry, sir") ? ... Really ?
    "I told you. And it's just a begining. I'm long 3 years."

Now, we're talking ...

(/interlude)
    02-07-13 07:20 PM
    Went to Rogers today, BB10 was sold out... New shipments coming in next week.
    02-07-13 08:30 PM
    I expect short interest to increase a bit. Shorts have been working overtime trying to keep the price down.
    Should make the short implosion even more comical. I suspect that this quarters Free Cash Flow is going to be insane. Legacy devices are still being sold and the Z10 will just proove to be some icing on the cake.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-07-13 08:40 PM
    I'm going out on a limb and saying we won't hit $20 tomorrow. I will be very happy if we finish above $18.
    +$1/day. I can live with that.
    Superfly_FR, q649 and bungaboy like this.
    02-07-13 08:59 PM
    i didn't expect to see $16 for a couple weeks, so anything above $16 is good for me, as i thought it'd be $14 by tomorrow.
    02-07-13 09:11 PM
    I agree. I am surprised it kept above $17 in the after hours.
    02-07-13 09:15 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    "If Apple's earlier success was "all about the user experience", as many have claimed, BlackBerry is set for a meteoric rise."
    02-07-13 09:17 PM
    was that a quote from an article CEO?
    02-07-13 09:22 PM
    There's resistance under 18.50 it would be a suprise if it breached that any time next week
    02-07-13 09:39 PM
    Why do people think technical analysis means anything? no offense but if people used this kind of logic with the housing market .... oh wait.
    02-07-13 09:57 PM
    i didn't expect to see $16 for a couple weeks, so anything above $16 is good for me, as i thought it'd be $14 by tomorrow.
    As I have said before, I don't know why it is not in the $20s by now. It is easily worth $40...

I wrote this in July of 2012:
    Time to Buy Research In Motion? - GuruFocus.com

From Article:
    Investing in RIM:

Maybe I just don't see what everyone else does. RIM appears to be far from dead and making a lot of the proper strategic moves.

This is where the value investor in me thinks of risk and reward. If you buy $1,000 in stock it could go up to $5,000 if BB10 succeeds. But it could also go to $0. So, what investment vehicle is to be used? Stock? Perhaps. But I cannot drool over those long dated call options. January 2014 calls at the 35 strike are currently trading for about 10 cents. The January 2014 calls at the 22 strike are trading for about 20 cents. Even if BB10 is only a moderate success, the death watch will end. And people will start looking at the debt load (let's assume it is still $0). But that $2 billion in annual free cash flows will be noticed instead of ignored. With a 10x multiple, the market cap should be in excess of $20 billion under this scenario. With 524 million shares outstanding, that's a fair value of about $38 per share. I think BB10 success on a global scale will bring FCF beyond $2 billion by quite a bit though. So that $38 is conservative in my eyes. What if it gets to $45? Those January 2014 calls at the $35 strike would be worth north of $10 each under this scenario. It's not every day that an opportunity presents itself to turn 10 cents into $10.

So, this stock could easily approach $38 per share as it closed on Tuesday at $6.93 per share. This stock is grossly undervalued.
    Corbu, bungaboy and coldsword like this.
    02-07-13 10:03 PM
113,256 ... 170171172173174 ...