View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here comes the squeeze......
    Dammit what squeeze!!! This is NO SQUEEZE. Please use the word right and understand the meaning.

Thanks
    02-07-13 02:30 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-today.png

Bear volume is trying but losing
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-07-13 02:30 PM
    The closing bell short covering usually happens after 3:30. If stuff goes best it could compound onto this recent rally and bring us up above 17
    I'm watching this one. Luckily I have two computer monitors at work so the NASDAQ page is always up on one of them. Makes me look real smart too. hahaha.
    spike12 likes this.
    02-07-13 02:31 PM
    There some news we are missing?? Rocket ship or what...
    02-07-13 02:32 PM
    We have just broken through some resistance...should settle down after it pokes its head above $17. I expect to see some hungry bears tonight in the after hours trading...
    02-07-13 02:32 PM
    Actually, if it closes near or at HOD, you'll see a lot of short covering AH.

We have just broken through some resistance...should settle down after it pokes its head above $17. I expect to see some hungry bears tonight in the after hours trading...
    02-07-13 02:34 PM
    So does that mean the prices drop?
    02-07-13 02:36 PM
    Come on baby...just 10 more cents...go, go lol
    02-07-13 02:36 PM
    So does that mean the prices drop?
    it will go up
    BThunderW, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    02-07-13 02:37 PM
    That means it'll go up after the bell or before tomorrows open
    02-07-13 02:39 PM
    There some news we are missing?? Rocket ship or what...
    Follow the link, it might give you a partial anwer: BBRY: �Solid Demand� for Z10, Says Jefferies; Margins Can Rise, Says Wells - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-07-13 02:39 PM
    Come forth the lowly converted brethren lol...interesting read, guess he's the poster child of "it's just business". Hope he throws some more fuel on the fire real soon.
    02-07-13 02:49 PM
    Let's hope.
    02-07-13 02:58 PM
    Let's hope.

02-07-13 03:00 PM
    Good day!! In commemoration of the day’s events, a musical tribute...just change the word to "reelin in the shorts":
    02-07-13 03:02 PM
    Thought we are not hitting that 17$ before the close. anyway, still think it was a great progress. expecting a gap up tomorrow morning. would love to see 18, but i think 17,50 could be reasonable

after hours already over 17.04$
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-07-13 03:04 PM
    I guess I was wrong but the price was infact supported. BBRY broke 17.00 in after hours can't be a bad sign
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-07-13 03:04 PM
    And they probably won't mention a single figure for a while. I have no doubt some stores sold out. But where Apple might have a couple stores in a city, the Z10 might be sold from dozens. Apple can call up all its store managers and ask how many new phones or tablets they sold to get a good estimate, RIM has to rely on the carriers for that information. Good luck getting instant access to those figures.
    Well in my little Town of less than 3,000 people there are Bell, Rogers and Telus stores along with Wally World selling phones.

A little story from Tuesday when I picked up my Z10 at a Bell store.

While at the cash register an older gentleman (65+ years of age) was beside me getting a Z10 as well. I asked him if this was his first BlackBerry to which he replied "It was".

I asked him what he was upgrading from. He replied "A Samsung flip phone".

So, I have to say, I think this is a positive sign for BlackBerry.
    s0be likes this.
    02-07-13 03:08 PM
    I guess I was wrong but the price was infact supported. BBRY broke 17.00 in after hours can't be a bad sign
    I was hoping to see it pull back a little more, to buy more shares, but this is just as good...
    02-07-13 03:08 PM
    Come forth the lowly converted brethren lol...interesting read, guess he's the poster child of "it's just business". Hope he throws some more fuel on the fire real soon.
    Of all the bloggers, I've found Tiernan Ray over at Barron's to be, if not supportive of BBRY, then at least he's been muted in his criticism. Compared to the bile and vitriol of the Savitz's, Paczkowski's and Geller's of the world Ray has come across as almost neutral.
    02-07-13 03:11 PM
    BlackBerry pulling out of Japan due to cost vs market size ratio. No link yet, just got an alert.
    BNN said the cost of translation wasn't worth it to BB.
    02-07-13 03:16 PM
    A little Steely Dan to end the day, Nice!
    We opened the week under $14. It sure would be nice to close the week above $17 to be boosted by the release in the UAE this weekend!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-07-13 03:23 PM
    Just to be clear, blackberry is saying its not worth it AT THIS TIME. If they start eating into apple I am sure they will revisit it when it will be a bigger pay off. They got to think about their shareholders as well, oh thats us
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-07-13 03:28 PM
    It's a wise decision.

Why spend the money making sure your language translation is spot on when you're not sure if the device will show a return on your investment in a market currently dominated by another platform? Wait until demand starts to increase. Japanese people will end up buying the english language version of the device if they really want it.
    02-07-13 03:34 PM
    Volume today was above average, meaning that the average daily volume will be higher tomorrow. Again, I'd like to ask, what happens if the average daily volume gets above the current float? my gut tells me there is no correlation to anything other than a quickly changing share price up or (forgive me) down.
    02-07-13 03:41 PM
113,256 ... 169170171172173 ...