View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Actually, most people know that BlackBerry is of a significantly different size than Apple. If BlackBerry announced they had sales of 1/10 what Apple had. BBRY stocks would jump to 1/10 of Apple's current price, or around $50.

In the long term, a company's stock price is based on financials. At the very least, a stock should be trading at least 20x the EPS of a company. So an earnings per share of $1 will mean BB will trade at $20. Of course there are many other factors, but announcing sales figures right now that exceed the current analyst expectations. Something like 10 Million per quarter? Will definitely help the stock price, not hurt it.

i disagree.
    there are too many jounalists just looking for an excuse to kick BlackBerry.

while WE know that 2-day sales of 250,000 in the UK is very impressive, the thought of ignorant articles mocking those numbers are something i'd rather avoid.
    ( the kind of article that claims a 'worldwide' release with "paltry" sales of 250,000 units. )

those kind of false/ignorant reports are the kind of things that kill buzz and provide haters with ammo.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-04-13 01:05 PM
    i disagree.
    there are too many jounalists just looking for an excuse to kick BlackBerry.

while WE know that 2-day sales of 250,000 in the UK is very impressive, the thought of ignorant articles mocking those numbers are something i'd rather avoid.
    Whoa, whoa - where has this 250,000 figure magically appeared from? 250,000 would be one of the biggest two day launches ever - it would be all over the press.
    02-04-13 01:08 PM
    Canadian media will likely offer some coverage of the local launch.

Expect some big stock movements tomorrow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-04-13 01:10 PM
    Its just a figure, analysts are saying it could be 200,000 or more in sales. All speculations at this point but im starting to agree with drummer_god, probably better to see the results after the first quarter announcement. Personally im just too curious to wait lol
    02-04-13 01:11 PM
    Whoa, whoa - where has this 250,000 figure magically appeared from? 250,000 would be one of the biggest two day launches ever - it would be all over the press.
    i'm just making up a number for the purpose of illustrating, that, no matter how positive the number, the usual suspects would ridicule it and compare it to apple's amazing numbers to hurt the blackberry brand.
    02-04-13 01:13 PM
    In honour of Superfly's thread and new beginning for Blackberry,crank it!
    I'm sure a voodoo child Great choice ! thanks
    02-04-13 01:16 PM
    ^^yup^^....BNN is covering all day so expect live reports from various locations around the GTA...I'm hoping Calgary and Vancouver too.
    02-04-13 01:17 PM
    For those that use Google Finance exclusively like me, BBRY is finally up and you can also see historical prices from RIMM.
    q649 likes this.
    02-04-13 01:22 PM
    i'm just making up a number for the purpose of illustrating, that, no matter how positive the number, the usual suspects would ridicule it and compare it to apple's amazing numbers to hurt the blackberry brand.

Yes...and complain about the camera lol
    02-04-13 01:22 PM
    Closed last week at just above $13.

Now it's up over 13 percent in its first day trading.

Thankfully, the next Friday the 13th isn't until September 13, 2013 or we might all collapse into a black hole of cthulhuian madness.

I'm not a superstitious person, but all these 13s seem to be pretty unlucky...

But for who?

The longs or the shorts?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-04-13 01:47 PM
    Nice to see it spending some time in the $14.70s.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-04-13 02:01 PM
    Not for much longer. Should make another move before close in anticipation of tomorrows launch in Canada and China.

China could be huge. I'm sure they'd welcome another contender since they seem to have no love for the iPhones made in their own country.

I wonder how well the z10's voice control and keyboard adapts to chinese dialects?
    drummer_god and bungaboy like this.
    02-04-13 02:07 PM
    Not for much longer. Should make another move before close in anticipation of tomorrows launch in Canada and China.

China could be huge. I'm sure they'd welcome another contender since they seem to have no love for the iPhones made in their own country.

I wonder how well the z10's voice control and keyboard adapts to chinese dialects?
    Didn't know the China release is tomorrow. Do you have a source that confirms this?
    02-04-13 02:15 PM
    I haven't seen anything about China release either. Who are the carriers?
    02-04-13 02:19 PM
    A beer to morgan8!
    Or should we wait until the stitches in his head is gone first?
    02-04-13 02:20 PM
    Mon Feb 4, 2013 12:00pm ESTMarketwire BlackBerry February 4, 2013 - 12:00:00 PM BlackBerry Works with Trend Micro to Expand Protection for Customers Against Malware, Privacy Issues in Third-Party Applications WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - BlackBerry(R) (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that it is working with Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in cloud security, to expand the protection it already provides to BlackBerry customers against malware and privacy issues related to third-party applications. As part of a multi-level and phased approach for addressing privacy implications and security concerns, BlackBerry will incorporate the Trend Micro(TM) Mobile Application Reputation Service with its current internal, proprietary system for analyzing applications. With the cloud-based Trend Micro Mobile Application Reputation Service, both current and new applications submitted to the BlackBerry(R) World(TM) storefront will be scanned for potential malicious behavior. "BlackBerry is working with Trend Micro to implement a more robust approach for addressing privacy and security concerns related to third-party applications," said Adrian Stone, Director, BlackBerry Security Response and Threat Analysis at BlackBerry. "By incorporating Trend Micro's advanced mobile scanning and detection capabilities with our own internal, proprietary application analyzing system, we can provide another layer of protection and assurance for BlackBerry customers. Together, BlackBerry and Trend Micro are developing an innovative and comprehensive solution for protecting BlackBerry customers against emerging mobile security concerns."
    02-04-13 02:22 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 UK sales reportedly off to a strong start | NDTV Gadgets

As reported earlier, the device is expected to debut in Canada and China on February 5. Middle-east, another market that is not afraid to spend big bucks on smartphones, is expected to receive the new phone starting February 10. United States, perhaps the most crucial of the developed markets, will get the new BlackBerry Z10 around mid-March, with the BlackBerry Q10 shipping sometime in April.
    Just for some cool localized info, the Z-10 is also China's most modern attack helicopter.
    silversun10 and Munchito1976 like this.
    02-04-13 02:25 PM
    Looks like we are going to hold the 14.50 for sure and hopefully the 14.70 range...tomorrow could be a bit of a profit taker in the morning, almost certainly will be I think...wait and see.

What is the general consensus?
    02-04-13 02:26 PM
    I'm thinking it will be around the same tomorrow as today. In the $14.00-$15.00 range for a few more days. I also think the price will rise as launches occur. Need to get these phones out into the market...
    02-04-13 02:34 PM
    Looks like we are going to hold the 14.50 for sure and hopefully the 14.70 range...tomorrow could be a bit of a profit taker in the morning, almost certainly will be I think...wait and see.

What is the general consensus?
    you dont think it will go up a bit due to canada launch? then we see the profit taking?
    Anyone who starts trying to play this stock at this time is insane or psychic.
    I'm selling some that I bought Thursday morning. Still keeping my long term shares under lock and key.
    02-04-13 02:35 PM
    Works for me. Been playing .10 pps swings today. Tho right now 100% long.

Anyone who starts trying the play this stock at this time is insane or psychic.
    02-04-13 02:35 PM
    LOL...agreed...but that was the patern most of the way up from the sub 9.00 range.
    02-04-13 02:37 PM
    Anyone who starts trying the play this stock at this time is insane or psychic.
    i DO have my magic 8 ball ya know morloc_man. Seems to be working today rather well. Wasn't to happy when I asked it if I should have a cold beer during lunch and it said "no". hahaha.
    02-04-13 02:37 PM
113,256 ... 154155156157158 ...