View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I agree with you it doesn't make sense to have super bowl commercial and not launch in the us afterward. They had a lot of time to get things worked out in us. If they were a week or two delayed then have pre orders and tons of advertisement.
    01-30-13 10:10 PM
    I also sold all my shares as soon as presentation filled.
    In your opinion, what will be the bottom? any below $12?
    Your z 10 looks great though...
    01-30-13 10:17 PM
    on monday, was up $8,000.
    today, im down $2,250.

timing is everything, i suppose. shoulda got out when i had the chance.
    I am in the same boat except my lost is offset with gains with other stocks :-(
    01-30-13 10:21 PM
    Nice picture of the z10. so is it as bad as the stock market says it is?
    01-30-13 10:22 PM
    For me, it's too late to sell. I wish I had set a stop-loss at $16 or so. Then re-entered at the end of day! I made the same mistake during Dec 22 earning call (didn't set a stop loss at $15). But I was really hoping to be blown away by launch (I like the BB 10 product but the launch/presentation was underwhelming big time) and so didn't think price will go down this time. But same thing, as Dec 22, happened again. Price went up a bit during the launch and then started going down. Now, it's too late.

Anyway, this is my first ever stock purchase and I guess, I just don't have the trader mindset. My original intention was to hold till June 2013 (at least) as that'd be first full quarter since BB 10 launch. So, I will just stick to that plan.
    01-30-13 10:29 PM
    I think if the next quarter show decent signs of sales, this would drive the value upwards. But my bet that would take at least another quarter to show some decent numbers.
    01-30-13 10:33 PM
    I picked up 100 free shares today.
    Sold 2800 shares during the presentation. Bought 2900 a few hours later with the same money.

The way I look at it, I made enough today to justify buying a new Z10 now and a Q10 when it's released.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-30-13 10:38 PM
    I think anything below 12.8-12.5 is a good buy-in for long term. Not really sure how low this will drop, the launch bombed so stock will trade on sentiment for a while.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:44 PM
    Just to be clear, RIM sh1t the bed. I was shocked at how poor their performance was. I have been waiting anxiously over a year for that?! Quick thoughts:

1) The presentation was horrible. Thorsten, don't tell people to "come on" and cheer...it is desperate. Marty (VP Partnerships)...learn how to communicate.
    2) Product...where was the surprise. You said you would save somethings for launch...the only surprise was the US delay
    3) People don't believe you can make it...you needed a sign of approval from a strategic partner. Had Lenovo said they would license your OS, you would have had something.
    4) Don't talk about autos and hospitals. By the time you execute, people won't be driving cars.

A hedge fund (that shorted to the stock) told me that RIM would run out of cash and need to raise capital at a much lower valuation. I laughed at them. Are they right?

Disappointed with myself for believing...for believing that Mike L was a genius...that Roger Martin understood strategy...that Thorsten could execute.
    While I agree with some of what you said (presentation could have been significantly better, would have definitely liked to hear about some surprise features or partnerships), I'd have to to say that the hedge fund's assessment doesn't seem very accurate - at least for the short run. In a worst case scenario, they'll have enough money to last until calendar year 2014 at the very least. And that is with continuing to sell BB7 devices at a loss, bleeding subscribers, and selling very low quantities of BB10s (lower than the worst analyst predictions) at a hefty discount to initial pricing.

Thorsten has also proven that he can execute operationally very well. Launch presentation skills are questionable, but I don't think anyone would have predicted that RIM would have $2.9 billion in cash at the end of last quarter given the situation RIM was in when he started. I doubt the hedge fund expected that.
    01-31-13 03:19 AM
    Pre-market: 13.43 -0.35 (-2.54%)
    01-31-13 03:32 AM
    [thread kind police, sorry.]
    Ok, I believe we can now go back to the main topic ... Everyone has had his word about the launch performance now .
    Just one more (my last about it) : Here in France, many of my friends (iPhone lovers) were stunted by hub and keyboard (multi-language and suggestion).
    [/thread kind police, thanks !]
    coldsword likes this.
    01-31-13 03:32 AM
    [thread kind police, sorry.]
    Ok, I believe we can now go back to the main topic ... Everyone has had his word about the launch performance now .
    Just one more (my last about it) : Here in France, many of my friends (iPhone lovers) were stunted by hub and keyboard (multi-language and suggestion).
    [/thread kind police, thanks !]
    I'm still VERY confident RIM will be successful with BB10 going forward. The launch execution was terrible and the lack of availability in the USA until next month is the only thing that sent the shares down yesterday (and I'm assuming the shorts piling in didn't help either).

My opinion hasn't changed. Only thing that will turn my outlook on RIM negative right now would be reports of lackluster sales...which I have a feeling won't be an issue.
    01-31-13 03:37 AM
    is today the day it makes a comeback, or will it slide down abit more first?
    01-31-13 07:45 AM
    There are a couple tweets and pictures in the twitterverse about the lineups outside of phone shops for the Z10. One of a pretty good line of 30 or so people. This is an encouraging sign.
    01-31-13 07:45 AM
    aaaaaand we're in the 12's at premarket... $12.88.

Hopefully some nice lineup images out of the UK can stop the sprial a bit. Have a great day otherwise everyone!
    01-31-13 07:48 AM
    When are the commercials going to start? If I don't see some commercials in the next cpl days on canadian television I'm selling everything.
    01-31-13 07:52 AM
    There are a couple tweets and pictures in the twitterverse about the lineups outside of phone shops for the Z10. One of a pretty good line of 30 or so people. This is an encouraging sign.
    can you post some of these pics? i'd like to re-post them to facebook. social media to spread the word and encourage my friends to buy a Z10 through Roger's $39 deal.
    Superfly_FR and morganplus8 like this.
    01-31-13 07:52 AM
    on Monday ticker change, would that cause some delay in shares' availability at some brokers,
    anybody has gone through that recently?
    01-31-13 07:54 AM
    If you guys expected RIM to go to $20+ after the launch, then you were delusional. This thing needs some time to go back up, especially with some early BB10 sales numbers. Still bullish going forward.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-31-13 08:08 AM
    $12.70 in premarket selling. Not necessarily a good indicator.
    It will go down a little and level off. They won't have full world sales numbers until April and their spend during that time (on the launch) will be enormous.
    01-31-13 08:12 AM
    I did a stop sell at 15 and is planning to get back in when lower. I think there is a bit more room to go. Overall I'm disappointed about the presentation but do think the product is fairly decent to make a dent and wouldn't be surprise if this goes down to 9 or 10 dollar value.

IMHO
    dear god it better not, i'll take a huge loss if it does, its already big enough right now i still have hope that the long run may be optimistic but its the ught *** red numbers with the negative in front that makes me what to shoot myself in the foot for not sellign during the launch when i was atleast at a break even
    01-31-13 08:14 AM
    If you guys expected RIM to go to $20+ after the launch, then you were delusional. This thing needs some time to go back up, especially with some early BB10 sales numbers. Still bullish going forward.
    You're a leafs fan and calling us delusional?

The launch did feel a little rushed. But less like a rush to the finish line and more like a sprint out of the starting blocks. They'll start their ad campaign next.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    01-31-13 08:14 AM
    If you're a trader, by all means trade. I remain long on BlackBerry, and a year from now the current stock dip will just be a memory and signpost marking the turnaround. We WILL have the phones in the US in March or sooner. They ARE better than competing products, notwithstanding the few crackpot reviewers. I will buy one the day it is available. Global reaction to the phones sounds good, and US sales will be there. US panned RIM, so it's no big surprise that haters are exploiting anything to push down the stock. Holding my stock, have not lost a dime.
    Superfly_FR and morganplus8 like this.
    01-31-13 08:24 AM
    if you are in it for the long run, nothing that is happenning with the stock short term should affect you. The prospects that were there when you bought it are still there.

There has been a tremendous run-up in this stock based on pure speculation, and we are massive profit taking after a big news event. Nothing out of the ordinary, happens all the time to a stock like this. Having said that, trading will likely be very choppy for the next week or so. Subsequent to that, we should start hearing about sales volumes (either officially or anecdotely) leading up to the US launch that will IMO provide additional info on whether you want to keep holding this stock or not.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-31-13 08:25 AM
    01-31-13 08:28 AM
113,256 ... 138139140141142 ...