View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What isn't needed is this sort of review:

The Z10 didn't even hold the dimmest, most-pathetic light to the other cameras in our test. Look at that photo above on the left. It is an abject and miserable failure. Because this is a particularly difficult shooting setting, all of the photos have problems with noise, distortion, and detail, but we've haven't seen something so crummy as the Z10 in a long time. The Z10 even has a "night" setting that was completely useless. This is some four-years-ago crap.
    BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time

Bear in mind this is the stock thread, so I'm not looking for in-depth discussion of the actual review but rather to make the point that the *overall* review picture needs to be positive - anyone got any sense of which way it is going? (I've been working for the last four hours and am behind).
    01-30-13 02:52 PM
    Over Half of Canadian BlackBerry 10 Pre-Registrations Are Not Current BlackBerry Owners - BerryReview

Adoption rates at work!
    This is key, no matter what.

Now think ahead, who will lose market share, take your pick iOS/droid/w8.
    01-30-13 02:54 PM
    I'm expecting a further decline tomorrow as well. The trend seems to be that if it rallies, it'll do that 2 days in a row. If it drops, it does that 2 days in a row.

RSI is that it's oversold, but we'll see......I'm sure some analysts will come out with something this week.
    01-30-13 02:56 PM
    i just placed an order for another 100 shares!

i just bought another 100 shares!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-30-13 02:56 PM
    I'm expecting a further decline tomorrow as well. The trend seems to be that if it rallies, it'll do that 2 days in a row. If it drops, it does that 2 days in a row.

RSI is that it's oversold, but we'll see......I'm sure some analysts will come out with something this week.
    I believe that this is the third day in a row it has dropped.

Now what?
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
    Can anyone explain to me what is going on with RIMM stock
    01-30-13 02:59 PM
    I believe that this is the third day in a row it has dropped.

Now what?
    Wait for initial sales figures. Lol.
    01-30-13 03:00 PM
    They had a disappointing launch event on a stock that was already up over 100% and smart money and shorts took the retail investor to the cleaners. Same game just different players... Whatever firm that increased margin requirements yesterday sure looks smart today. Close looks to be 1375-13.80 when it all settles out, not good.
    01-30-13 03:04 PM
    From my time watching the stock market. Usually when I thought FORSURE a stock would jump normally it goes down. It's like when apple was going to release a new product on the day you imagine they would go up for sure but they go down.

Heres how you should think.

When BB10 was just in the works it was a $6-$12 stock pretty much based off what they were currently doing as a company. So in my mind anything over $12 is what the stock has made so far. If it's at $14 then so far it's made $2 on the stock as a whole. Not bad considering it was just shown to the world today. I know it's not how it works. But I just convince myself that without BB10 Rim was a $6 to $12 stock. Now with BB10 we are at the start of expansion. So $14 for me is ok. Even I paid $18 but going by my method they should really be able to make $6 on where they were before at $12.

Don't worry about the swings people be jumping ship too easily. If you have some profits id consider it and try to get in at a lower price tomorrow. Or you can just wait. Either way the stock will be fine. Don't get caught up in the day to day.
    01-30-13 03:04 PM
    This is not an unexpected turn of events. Few things live up to the pre-launch "hype". Remember all the folks who said the iPad was just a stretched out iPod Touch and why in the world would anyone want one...until folks started using them and found they liked them...and came back and said maybe I was wrong...just an example.

Looks like, except for some small criticism here and there folks are liking what they see when they get their hands on it. Lets see what happens after it's sold and people either come back and say - "you gotta go try this phone" or not. That's the next wave. Anecdotal evidence and how it works in the wild now that folks have it in their hands and will start using it and downloading apps and media and screwing it all up and learning a whole new way of interfacing with and phone and once you get the hang of this you will be swiping everything and .....
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    Over Half of Canadian BlackBerry 10 Pre-Registrations Are Not Current BlackBerry Owners - BerryReview

Adoption rates at work!
    This is key, no matter what.

Now think ahead, who will lose market share, take your pick iOS/droid/w8.
    I want to know raw numbers. Half of 5,000 or 10,000 is 2,500 or 5,000 which is a rounding error at best. The trend is good but means little unless we know the raw numbers.
    01-30-13 03:06 PM
    big sell off, poor presentation but what is more important poor management of expectations, fe why
    play up the SuperBowl ad if your US carriers need another 6 weeks,
    that disappointment should not be allowed to ruin the launch...
    next thing will be year end results for the period ending Feb28,
    good interim BB10 sales figures would be nice
    01-30-13 03:16 PM
    What isn't needed is this sort of review:

BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time

Bear in mind this is the stock thread, so I'm not looking for in-depth discussion of the actual review but rather to make the point that the *overall* review picture needs to be positive - anyone got any sense of which way it is going? (I've been working for the last four hours and am behind).
    Seen a few positive reviews but unfortunately most are more in the negative range. Most reviewer like the new OS, it is really more the hardware they the are faulting.

Browser is slower than other devices that are using to compare with (not using html5 test, just real world comparisons)
    Battery life is short
    Camera is bad in low light and slow to focus
    Colors on the screen are washed out
    text on the screen is not as clear as on other devices
    lack of apps available at test time.

Most believe it is an OK device, just nothing to get excited about and not the homerun everyone hopped RIM/BB would have.
    01-30-13 03:23 PM
    I want to know raw numbers. Half of 5,000 or 10,000 is 2,500 or 5,000 which is a rounding error at best. The trend is good but means little unless we know the raw numbers.
    Good point, I'm sure we will see that soon enough. Myself it was the adoption rate % that matters at the moment, those are high turn over % .
    I didn't expect to see them near as high, if they pan out in the USA then I'm over the moon (except for stock price PRESENTLY).

Everything the pro Blackberry analyst's have produced to date has excluded adoption rates from other platforms for the most part, so these early % numbers are encouraging. Granted USA is uncharted so far but lets see if their carriers release pre-order adoption rates soon, might be a trend that's meaningful as a precursor.

BTW did everybody vote here yet >>>Vote: Is BB10 enough to turn things around for Research In Motion? - The Globe and Mail

Good demographic/gender/age breakdown .
    OMGitworks likes this.
    01-30-13 03:25 PM
    It goes up and it goes down. Like most of them. Like APPL lost 30% in a few months. Simple.
    01-30-13 03:37 PM
    $13.59 after hous trading. Looks like we are headed back < $10 range.
    01-30-13 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry Spokesperson Alicia Keys Tweets From Her iPhone

Alicia Keys tweets from her iPhone. lol.. Man today was a bad day for RIM.
    01-30-13 03:42 PM
    Seen a few positive reviews but unfortunately most are more in the negative range. Most reviewer like the new OS, it is really more the hardware they the are faulting.

Browser is slower than other devices that are using to compare with (not using html5 test, just real world comparisons)
    Battery life is short
    Camera is bad in low light and slow to focus
    Colors on the screen are washed out
    text on the screen is not as clear as on other devices
    lack of apps available at test time.

Most believe it is an OK device, just nothing to get excited about and not the homerun everyone hopped RIM/BB would have.
    I'm flying around the reviews now and that seems to be an accurate assessment - I think the two critical things here are slow browser and battery life - need to be fixed PDQ - yes you can swop out the battery but be realistic, a tiny number of users actually do that.
    01-30-13 03:44 PM
    BlackBerry Spokesperson Alicia Keys Tweets From Her iPhone

Alicia Keys tweets from her iPhone. lol.. Man today was a bad day for RIM.
    What did I miss? She openly said she left her boyfriend(BB) and has come back to BB. Ya think she works for Blackberry for free now, it's business, that's how business works. If she engages social media for Blackberry going forward it's all good.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM
    I'm flying around the reviews now and that seems to be an accurate assessment - I think the two critical things here are slow browser and battery life - need to be fixed PDQ - yes you can swop out the battery but be realistic, a tiny number of users actually do that.
    Not sure bout slow browser, seen enough vids showing otherwise,I'll reserve judgement until Kevin posts in depth browser face offs, my money is on Z10 in a vid as compared to word comment.

Battery life, same deal, holding off until I see compare to others on same parameters,at least a fresh battery IS an option, not sure that can be said about other devices.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-13 03:54 PM
    i sold my stock at a $2 grand loss on my original investment when i saw it was in a free-fall ( stopped the bleed out ).
    i'm keeping an eye for rock-bottom to buy back in.
    i can actually end up with more shares than the 2500 i had.
    this can actually work to my advantage, as i'm still sure the stock will turn around as we get closer to the US release date ( as long as we hear positive news from Canada and the UK ).
    01-30-13 03:55 PM
    Not sure bout slow browser, seen enough vids showing otherwise,I'll reserve judgement until Kevin posts in depth browser face offs, my money is on Z10 in a vid as compared to word comment.

Battery life, same deal, holding off until I see compare to others on same parameters,at least a fresh battery IS an option, not sure that can be said about other devices.
    Why? We are talking about the aggregate picture we can get from *all* reviews because that is what is likely to influence consumers as a group - no point picking out single reviews - yes, I can see that from the individual consumer perspective that you will trust a review from a reviewer you already trust but here on the stock thread, I thought we were trying to work out what will influence stock prices?
    jvercetti and m0de25 like this.
    01-30-13 03:57 PM
    What did I miss? She openly said she left her boyfriend(BB) and has come back to BB. Ya think she works for Blackberry for free now, it's business, that's how business works. If she engages social media for Blackberry going forward it's all good.
    Dammit TomJasper, always on my tail. lol. I misread the date of the tweet as the 30th and iPhone. False alarm.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-30-13 03:58 PM
    Why? We are talking about the aggregate picture we can get from *all* reviews because that is what is likely to influence consumers as a group - no point picking out single reviews - yes, I can see that from the individual consumer perspective that you will trust a review from a reviewer you already trust but here on the stock thread, I thought we were trying to work out what will influence stock prices?
    Most investors start at the "aggregate picture", I will give you that, then next would/will come the drill down to hard facts. I suppose perhaps the truer picture may be " aggregate picture" for daytraders and "drill down to facts" for those not day trading but investing for more than a day/week. It's all good though, day traders keep markets moving.
    01-30-13 04:14 PM

my only issue is Crackberry deliberately made no mention of battery life, other then they had been using it a lot so hopefully it will last a day of normal use.
    i have the feeling battery is under average

But dont forget this is BB10 a brand new platform. it is far from perfect and can only get better with updates. look at the playbook battery for example.
    01-30-13 04:16 PM
113,256 ... 136137138139140 ...