Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    on monday, was up $8,000.
    today, im down $2,250.

timing is everything, i suppose. shoulda got out when i had the chance.
    The presentation sucked and the shares went down. That doesn't mean this product isn't going to sell. If you're in a panic and can't take it, just sell. The longs will be rewarded eventually still imo.

There's no denying though that the presentation was a fail.
    GTiLeo and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-30-13 11:12 AM
    Well, honestly not sure what now, stay in the long term or just get out at a small loss now.. Having a stop at 10$ Im little bit worried.
    You're not the only one feeling this way.
    01-30-13 11:13 AM
    Is the phone going to be available there before March?
    Z10 is available tomorrow in the UK.
    01-30-13 11:13 AM
    If you need that money in the next 3-6 months I'd cut my losses and move on.... JMHO of course.
    01-30-13 11:14 AM
    Bad Launch = Stock Trashing.

I am sorry to say but again BB shows it inability to deliver the goods. To execute and show they have changed.

I knew the carriers would be tough on BB since Jim and Mike strong armed them into selling the OS 7 phones last summer. (please read the posts on that)
    Payback is heck and BB is learning that today.

I really thought BB had changed and would pull this off in grand fashion, but alas, it appears my prior thoughts of last fall are correct.
    Lets all watch the stock tank now.

Tim
    nquyen likes this.
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    The presentation sucked and the shares went down. That doesn't mean this product isn't going to sell. If you're in a panic and can't take it, just sell. The longs will be rewarded eventually still imo.

There's no denying though that the presentation was a fail.
    No panic here, just disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly disappointed in myself for blowing this up in my mind too much. I hoe Blackberry recovers. Still a believer, just not a strong believer anymore...
    01-30-13 11:16 AM
    Bad Launch = Stock Trashing.

I am sorry to say but again BB shows it inability to deliver the goods. To execute and show they have changed.

I knew the carriers would be tough on BB since Jim and Mike strong armed them into selling the OS 7 phones last summer. (please read the posts on that)
    Payback is heck and BB is learning that today.

I really thought BB had changed and would pull this off in grand fashion, but alas, it appears my prior thoughts of last fall are correct.
    Lets all watch the stock tank now.

Tim
    I have to agree. This is still the "old" RIMM that I remembered and have shot themselves in the foot BIG TIME!
    01-30-13 11:17 AM
    Sorry. They blew it.

* No mention of BB10 on PB
    * No partnerships
    * No accessories
    * No tech surprises
    * Huge delay in US

Very disappointed.
    thats not really a delay but its poo thats for sure
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    I thought they would announce more than 70K + apps.

I agree with everyone. I couldn't be more disappointed. Hopefully this will have enough appeal to consumers to overcome the initial disappointment, after all it is the same phone we were excited about last week.

I can't help but feel this was a 'balsille' style build up and let down. They did mention his name in the beginning and thank him. Maybe that was foretelling.
    trsbbs likes this.
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    The phone is available tomorrow in the uk.
    Well that's nice. Meanwhile, the big launch was in New York. Perhaps they should have launched it in London.
    01-30-13 11:21 AM
    Well that's nice. Meanwhile, the big launch was in New York. Perhaps they should have launched it in London.
    Thorsten should've stayed in Waterloo.

Vivek should've headed back home to London to do the launch there.

Vivek should've been the main speaker for the whole event. He is well spoken and knows how to do a presentation...and doesn't applaud himself like Thor lol.
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    Lets get something clear, in the scheme of the world. They are delivering to most of the world or at least to their hot spots. They haven't been selling much in USA, and since then can only manufacture x number of phones, they stiffed ppl like me in the USA. On the flip side my new z10 in March may be a little less buggy and maybe some firmware updates would have passed and some more apps added.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    Think of it less as a launch, and more as an open declaration of war.
    01-30-13 11:26 AM
    or toronto because they have really upset the US launching so far from the UK and Canada
    01-30-13 11:26 AM
    Lets get something clear, in the scheme of the world. They are delivering to most of the world or at least to their hot spots. They haven't been selling much in USA, and since then can only manufacture x number of phones, they stiffed ppl like me in the USA. On the flip side my new z10 in March may be a little less buggy and maybe some firmware updates would have passed and some more apps added.
    They didn't stiff you. Your carrier did. Get that straight please...RIM has a ready supply of hardware. You really think they "stiffed" the USA? If it was up to RIM they would have readily available BB10 devices the day after launch in the USA.

The carriers are to blame. Like I said before T-Mobile just met with RIM 6 days ago.
    joe.miller and coldsword like this.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    How could it be blackberrys fault for delayed us launch if uk release is tomorrow? They clearly are ready to deliver.
    robkd and coldsword like this.
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    Thorsten should've stayed in Waterloo.

Vivek should've headed back home to London to do the launch there.

Vivek should've been the main speaker for the whole event. He is well spoken and knows how to do a presentation...and doesn't applaud himself like Thor lol.
    I agree with the Vivek comments - he was by far the most comfortable and engaging of the presenters, even though the presentation itself was dry.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    How could it be blackberrys fault for delayed us launch if uk release is tomorrow? They clearly are ready to deliver.
    It's not at all. The US carriers are asleep at the wheel. Although in their defense, RIM didn't really make them feel any regrets today.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
    It's not at all. The US carriers are asleep at the wheel. Although in their defense, RIM didn't really make them feel any regrets today.
    Yup
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    not everything is bad guys seem the reviews appear very balanced, agreed there is some disappointment but that is because we already knew everything what was coming and they have nothing else to show us or tell us except for the Skype app.

BlackBerry Z10 Review Roundup - Digits - WSJ
    just_luc and tmurphx5 like this.
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    Anyone else notice the "Support for global roaming" bit in the specs?

Review: Hands-on with the BlackBerry Z10 - The Globe and Mail

Thats sort of.... huge?
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    on monday, was up $8,000.
    today, im down $2,250.

timing is everything, i suppose. shoulda got out when i had the chance.
    That's why you take some money off the table when you find yourself ahead. The combination of BlackBerry (namechange *ugh*), a Canadian company and Thorsten, a German leads to the obvious stereotype of stalwart and vapidity. The presentation was always going to be notably lack-luster spurring no emotional buying.

I do feel really bad about people who underestimate the volatility of the stock market and overestimate their ability to make money during periods of high volatility.

Anyway, my biggest beef with the presentation is the pricing model, which is simply too high. Why would a 20-something pay $149 on a three-year contract for a BB10 when they can get a best-offering competitor product for cheaper or even free? And before you answer, believe me that major corporations that want to buy thousands of these handsets are not paying any more for these phones than any other competitor products.
    01-30-13 11:36 AM
    Well, once people start using it, if it is received well by consumers, the stock should go up. When is their earnings report date?
    01-30-13 11:36 AM
    They didn't stiff you. Your carrier did. Get that straight please...RIM has a ready supply of hardware. You really think they "stiffed" the USA? If it was up to RIM they would have readily available BB10 devices the day after launch in the USA.

The carriers are to blame. Like I said before T-Mobile just met with RIM 6 days ago.
    In a way yes, but why are they doing this? They must have a reason. Please read my other comments about Jim and Mike pissing off the carriers last summer
    with their strong arming for OS7 phones.
    They said it then and it will be said now. Payback is heck BB.

Tim
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Well, once people start using it, if it is received well by consumers, the stock should go up. When is their earnings report date?
    Whens that? March, April May?

The S4 and the new IPhone will be out and raising heck then.

Tim
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
113,256 ... 132133134135136 ...