Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Scroll over > adverts > devices
    01-29-13 01:16 PM
    i guess the bombing is over and on the rise.

woott i bought 1300 shares at a good time atleast for now it is a good time
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-29-13 01:18 PM
    I'm really hoping the share prices go back up soon. I mean, I don't have to have the money back I invested anytime soon but would like to see the value go up some. Lots of speculation and my crystal ball is broken. I just wish I had more money to throw at this while the prices are low, but it is what it is. I wish everyone luck as we look forward to tomorrow's launch.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-29-13 01:38 PM
    For the first time in 2-3 weeks I finally feel good about going into this launch with my money in RIM. I'll be 100% long into opening day tomorrow but will watch it carefully during the day. If RIM doesn't drop any bombshells during the unveiling, I'll be pulling everything out and wait for the stock to stabilize before going back in. RIM's performance tomorrow has to be breathtaking, otherwise this will go into a sell-off that will see this stock in 13s again.

What we're seeing today is not manipulation. This is pure profit taking. Most hedge funds, big money managers do not gamble on Launches or ER. If RIM delivers, you'll see this money back in play very soon.

So now what's your opinion ? I think lot of people do not want to take a chance and to be safe selling before launch, it should go up now. the gap is filled, rsi is not high...
    01-29-13 01:41 PM
    Just remember there are alot of people who want RIM to fail. Because they have BET on them to fail. Or they are insecure with their Iphones. Trust me the people talking the most crap are the guys in the 40's 50's and 60's who WAIT untill they see a product selling like hot cakes before they get on the train. Either that or they were burnt by RIM before. However the TECH people the same ones that saw how good the Galaxy 3 was will be the ones who see how good this phone will be. I bet 70% of phone buyers are bandwagon buyers. So once this phone releases and people start buying it. Then the bandwagoners will come along and the stock will go up like crazy! Don't think it can hit 100 but I would say 40 is a really really really safe number to bet on.
    01-29-13 01:51 PM
    For the first time in 2-3 weeks I finally feel good about going into this launch with my money in RIM. I'll be 100% long into opening day tomorrow but will watch it carefully during the day. If RIM doesn't drop any bombshells during the unveiling, I'll be pulling everything out and wait for the stock to stabilize before going back in. RIM's performance tomorrow has to be breathtaking, otherwise this will go into a sell-off that will see this stock in 13s again.

What we're seeing today is not manipulation. This is pure profit taking. Most hedge funds, big money managers do not gamble on Launches or ER. If RIM delivers, you'll see this money back in play very soon.
    I agree with your take and approach. I did not sell anything in last 2 days instead bought more. Based on RIM's confidence level lately the launch is gonna good, initial respons will be good. Today is purely profit taking as some good news came out and yet it is in red. less than 24 hours before the judgement day..
    01-29-13 01:54 PM

I'm a total novice but see this as a great strategy...

And also agree 100% about the profit taking. Almost to a tee, all analysts were proclaiming that there was money to be made right up until launch. Anything after that is a pure gamble... hence those who gladly bowed out with a handsome ROI within a few short weeks. The people who are left are the mid-longs who believe in the actual product/company's legitimate turnaround, or the friggn' shorts who will do anything to run this to the ground.
    01-29-13 02:04 PM
    For the record, I believed that you were probably right... I just didn't have the ballz to part with my precious shares
    01-29-13 02:14 PM
    What can be construed as bombshell or breathtaking? I know it's subjective, so how about you post it here if (in your opinion) RIM launches bombshells and displays a breathtaking performance?
    01-29-13 02:23 PM
    A Few things I'd like to hear:

1. Pre-Order Numbers
    2. Availability of the Keyboard version (soon)
    3. New, original features that have not been shown yet. I mean stuff that's not an improvement on existing capability that iOS or Android has.
    4. Accessories galore (Charge and Media Docks, Cases, etc)
    5. And most importantly, what the near-term plans are. This can't be another one-trick-pony deal. If RIM is to thrive, they have to keep innovating.

What can be construed as bombshell or breathtaking? I know it's subjective, so how about you post it here if (in your opinion) RIM launched bombshell and displayed a breathtaking performance?
    01-29-13 02:29 PM
    15.70 congrats to all those that weathered the storm, its nerve racking to see the stock get squeeze
    01-29-13 02:29 PM
    Up to 15.82 on Nasdaq. C'mon, let's get to the $16 it opened at.
    01-29-13 02:50 PM
    Nope. Closed at $15.66
    01-29-13 03:00 PM
    Pre-market tomorrow is going to be really interesting. I imagine the volatility is going to be crazy until after the presentation when it settles quickly one way or another by 10%
    01-29-13 03:04 PM
    Nope. Closed at $15.66
    IMHO 3% basically mean nothing over the 150% round we had ...
    Let's start to deal with real figures now. Pre-orders numbers - assuming they are good enough - can make the stock jump like a kangaroo.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-29-13 03:04 PM
    Let's start to deal with real figures now. Pre-orders numbers - assuming they are good enough - can make the stock jump like a kangaroo.
    Not many carriers offered pre-orders. In Canada, out of Big 3, only Rogers offered pre-orders. Bell & TELUS had a generic per-register form. I don't think pre-order numbers will be announced or be impressive (if announced). But I think RIM is certainly going to demo features that haven't been leaked before and stuff/integrations that haven't been shown yet (maybe tablet, maybe announce some cool integrations/demos with autos, maybe some nifty NFC integration allowing virtualized credit cards etc.)
    01-29-13 03:09 PM
    If tomorrow's launch is going good, what do you and BThunderW feel will happen to the share prices and when will the share prices start dropping again? I feel they will drop again regardless, just unsure as to how fast.
    01-29-13 03:10 PM
    How about we do synchronized kangaroo jumps to rock this thing?
    01-29-13 03:11 PM
    01-29-13 03:15 PM
    Just dumped 1500 into RIM on the TSX an hour or so ago. Wish I could do more but that's what I had liquid. Looking forward to seeing it climb tomorrow!
    01-29-13 03:18 PM
    Not many carriers offered pre-orders. In Canada, out of Big 3, only Rogers offered pre-orders. Bell & TELUS had a generic per-register form. I don't think pre-order numbers will be announced or be impressive (if announced). But I think RIM is certainly going to demo features that haven't been leaked before and stuff/integrations that haven't been shown yet (maybe tablet, maybe announce some cool integrations/demos with autos, maybe some nifty NFC integration allowing virtualized credit cards etc.)

I think carrier pre orders (not retail orders from carriers) would be something they should talk about...lets hope its above a few million.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-29-13 at 03:23 PM. Reason: clarify
    01-29-13 03:21 PM
    I had a buy in at $14.50, did not quite get there. Thats off the table now. It has been a fun day though, I was not conerned at all about the profit taking today. This is all perfectly normal. BigBadBen is loooooong on RIM I did sell my Nokia and Alcatel today with very healthy profit margins.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-29-13 03:23 PM
    i moved in early yesterday (doh!) had to watch it sink all day, I was happy to see it "stabilize" in th 15s today. I would think tomorrow morning will be very stable as everyone sits on the sidelines waiting for the news. but that's rational thinking and the market isn't rational, and who knows what "news" might shake out before launch!
    01-29-13 03:26 PM
    Thanks to the profit takers I picked up another 2000 shares and made $800 (on paper) on them today.

When the music stops I hope we all have a chair.
    01-29-13 03:37 PM
    I'm thinking Thor and the gang rock this pretty well tomorrow but we will still see some selling...I know half a dozen people waiting for the news, hoping for a bump and dumping.

Personally I am in till some devastating numbers come in or this thing hits the moon...so at least Q3 (Dec 2013).

Each to their own though.
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    01-29-13 03:37 PM
113,256 ... 124125126127128 ...