View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's amazing, if only 1/2 came about I would be over the moon and then some,lol.

That's why on a regular basis I keep and eye on patents files.

Still want to know what that hand held remote is for,lol.
    This video combined with the QNX concept/futuristic video says it all.

RIM is going to be much more than phones. Hang on.
    TomJasper and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-24-13 02:18 PM
    100M+ shares traded in NASDAQ (~ 2x daily volume)
    16M+ in TSX (~ 2x daily volume)
    Is this short-squeeze? For a short-squeeze, the price increase in stock is very modest. I thought Short Squeeze would increase price by several dollars!
    It's the former apple shareholders joining us, welcome former apple shareholders. You made the right choice.

As for short squeeze, there is tons and tons left to squeeze, no worries there,lol.

Itsa coming yet.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-24-13 02:22 PM
    Hey Superfly, looks like your thought process has made front page by proxy, might want to chime in.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-13 02:23 PM
    I think we won't see any serious short squeeze until after a successful launch - maybe some with the launch, but more likely around next earnings release.

The people who are in this long-term still have faith that it's going to flop -- it's only after it doesn't that they're going to be under real pressure.
    zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-24-13 02:26 PM
    Why?
    there has been a pattern with RIM, that i discussed on monday and have been 100% correct so far.
    also, the amount of trading days before BB10 is less than the fingers on 1 hand. if you want in before the big launch/reveal, you will have to pay for it.
    also, the potential for a short squeeze, plus all the positive reviews that have been pouring in all week. analysts keep upgrading thier RIM ratings.
    combine with apple's poor performance, and RIMs upswing, i think we'll see $19/share tomorrow.
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-24-13 02:28 PM
    Imho we will see squeezing before launch and after.

I think we won't see any serious short squeeze until after a successful launch - maybe some with the launch, but more likely around next earnings release.

The people who are in this long-term still have faith that it's going to flop -- it's only after it doesn't that they're going to be under real pressure.
    InWithTheNew likes this.
    01-24-13 02:44 PM
    there has been a pattern with RIM, that i discussed on monday and have been 100% correct so far.
    also, the amount of trading days before BB10 is less than the fingers on 1 hand. if you want in before the big launch/reveal, you will have to pay for it.
    also, the potential for a short squeeze, plus all the positive reviews that have been pouring in all week. analysts keep upgrading thier RIM ratings.
    combine with apple's poor performance, and RIMs upswing, i think we'll see $19/share tomorrow.
    Apple yikes! Upside like RIM not a chance, RIM is a 10 bagger before apple would make a double.
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-24-13 02:48 PM
    here is the link to the short interest release dates

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.a...shortintpubsch
    Last edited by InWithTheNew; 01-24-13 at 03:23 PM.
    cleacy, anon(757282) and TomJasper like this.
    01-24-13 03:08 PM
    Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

I think the next spike will come from hard evidence of a release date in the first week of February (if that's the case, as has been rumoured).
    01-24-13 03:20 PM
    Apple down over 10% so far today. Shorts being squeeeeeeeezed!

All is NOT well if you are an apple investor or short RIM

Oh, sweet irony!
    Terribly sorry. I should have waited for the close. Apple down over 12.5% and dropping! All is not well in Cupertino.

Steve Jobs is dead, RIP. Long live the new King Thor! The RIMPIRE is coming.
    Shanerredflag and TomJasper like this.
    01-24-13 03:31 PM
    Terribly sorry. I should have waited for the close. Apple down over 12.5% and dropping! All is not well in Cupertino.

Steve Jobs is dead, RIP. Long live the new King Thor! The RIMPIRE is coming.
    The smart money will and are lining up with RIM, with that will come increasing numbers of former apple shareholders, then the apple fund managers as they are always last to come into the fold, increased glowing ink, we are on the cusp of a HUGE come back imho, the precursor signs are every where!
    anon(757282) likes this.
    01-24-13 03:39 PM
    Off topic but Yay Me!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbexp.jpg
    01-24-13 04:49 PM
    Off topic but Yay Me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbexp.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	132414
    Congrats...sooooo, can we expect an update sometime after? LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 04:51 PM
    Off topic but Yay Me!

You fell into a trap! While you're stuck at the launch, the rest of us will be home buying RIM stocks if we hear good news, or selling if we hear bad news.
    01-24-13 05:06 PM
    Hey Superfly, looks like your thought process has made front page by proxy, might want to chime in.
    Thanks, I did ... as I can ... Mooooohhhhh
    Lenovo looking towards BlackBerry to help their mobile business? | CrackBerry.com
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-24-13 05:57 PM
    Off topic but Yay Me!
    I'm just so happily disgusted
    You're a lucky man, that's fine, so cool ...
    BThunderW likes this.
    01-24-13 05:59 PM
    01-24-13 06:06 PM
    Off topic but Yay Me!

Pics or it didn't happen. LoL
    Last edited by bungaboy; 01-24-13 at 06:26 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-13 06:08 PM
    Steve Makris & Nicole Bogart, Global News : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:53 PM

TORONTO - The much anticipated global launch of the BlackBerry 10 is all the buzz in business and consumer circles.

Beleaguered Research in Motion has meticulously planned the roll out of its new smartphone, hoping to recoup much of its lost market share to Apple and Android phones.

The Waterloo, Ont., based company staged worldwide developer forums, releasing more advance information about the phone than competitors normally do, in order to spark excitement about the latest BlackBerry model.

But what can consumers expect from the BlackBerry 10?

Global News� technology expert Steve Makris, who played with a beta version of the phone at a media presentation late last year, shares his impression of the BlackBerry 10 and whether it will help to restore some of RIM�s market share.

GN: What is your overall impression of the BlackBerry 10?

Makris: I am very impressed with the new features and how efficiently the BlackBerry 10 works. It�s packed with new tricks but is easy to adapt to. It has the simplicity of an iPhone combined with the flexibility of an Android phone.

GN: What are its standout features?

Makris: I was impressed with the two modes, work and play, which are integrated in the phone�s OS, but kept the separate and totally private from each other. This is good news for a growing BYOD (bring your own device) trend for company phones because the BlackBerry 10 has an advantage over competitors to behave like two phones in one.

I also like the touch screen predictive typing - cleverly designed to effectively speed up your typing by using a combination of touching screen letters and flicking completed words to the text box. The BlackBerry 10 has the usual delay shown in other phones turned off for even more responsive typing.

GN: Who will the BlackBerry 10 attract?

Makris: Interestingly, the BlackBerry 10 will attract business and consumer users because of its sweeping smart features. Even traditional BlackBerry users will like a physical QWERTY keyboard model the BlackBerry 10 will also launch a few weeks later.

GN: How does it differ from current BlackBerry models?

Makris: There is no similarity; it�s a completely redesigned phone and operating system.

GN: What features does the BlackBerry 10 have that will keep up with future competition in the smartphone market?

Makris: It runs on the QNX operating system, a much more robust and capable OS that is �future proof.� QNX is as sophisticated as computer multi-tasking operating systems and is already used in more demanding commercial environments. RIM has an extraordinary focused design and development team with a chance to inject a fresh perspective in what a smartphone should do.

GN: What will it take to make the BlackBerry 10 a runaway success?

Makris: Applications � but, quality over quantity. Compared to the some 1.3 million combined iOS and Android apps well thought out programs, even those at a higher price, will attract and keep users. A seamless way for BlackBerry 10 owners to switch their older phone data to new BlackBerry models and additional value-priced models in a competitive global market will attract even more �CrackBerry� users.

GN: Is the world ready for a new smart phone?

Makris: Ten years ago, the BlackBerry 10 would have been overwhelming for first time users. But today, powerful chips and demanding online social, work and play habits place high expectations on smartphones.

RIM�s fresh approach to make the BlackBerry 10 a means to an end with purposeful smarts will attract consumers who frankly have not seen a totally new breed of smartphone in several years. That�s a long time in anyone�s tech clock.

Read it on Global News: Global Maritimes | Q&A: Will the BlackBerry 10 be a success?
    Read more at Q&A: Will the BlackBerry 10 be a success? - Research In Motion Limited - RIM

Q&A: Will the BlackBerry 10 be a success? - Research In Motion Limited - RIM
    01-24-13 06:26 PM
    Care to explain what it means?
    01-24-13 06:56 PM
    My simplistic take on it is the universe is aligned and a nice BOOM to come.
    zyben likes this.
    01-24-13 07:04 PM

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis
    Stan Weinstein, Secrets For Profiting

$40,000.00 for his newsletter

Don't ask, as I have not used his methods,just the messenger,lol.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-13 07:17 PM
    I'll have my laptop with me. Plus I'm planning to set up some buy stops Tuesday after market closes.

You fell into a trap! While you're stuck at the launch, the rest of us will be home buying RIM stocks if we hear good news, or selling if we hear bad news.
    01-24-13 07:22 PM
    Sorry, I disagree with the chart analysis. RSI is anything but bullish and given the extreme volume moved today, the stock barely budged, I don't expect to see any massive jumps in price just quite yet.

bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-24-13 07:25 PM
    Sorry, I disagree with the chart analysis. RSI is anything but bullish and given the extreme volume moved today, the stock barely budged, I don't expect to see any massive jumps in price just quite yet.
    Never mind that chart,there was no analysis so to speak of, it's a method shown apparently,lol.

The volume was fantastic ...... the VWAP is UP and solid as a rock, I'll wave to ya on the way UP.

Nothing like churning the float in a range, like a coiled spring waiting for the trip wire to be released imho.

That was a ton of float bought today, ya think those holding it are gonna sit on their hands now, not a chance,their gonna move it UP.
    01-24-13 07:41 PM
113,251 ... 104105106107108 ...