View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Darn, drats, suffer'in suckatash, ok, you get your 3% pullback today.
    I thought it would not repeat Jan.14/15 but now it looks identical,if so we should climb again Thurs.

BTW, how did you score Toronto BLackberry 10 launch tickets?
    Smaller than expected pullback today. Still was a great play. Done playing for a while, but will definitely watch for gap-downs and will cash 1/2 position on Jan 30th.

On a small side note, guess who's going to the Jan 30th unveiling in Toronto?
    01-23-13 03:19 PM
    One of my clients is a huge Blackberry reseller. I found out that one of the guys is going and he can bring a guest. He made the arrangements last night, I didn't want to say anything until I got confirmation.

I can't stress this enough, there's 99% certainty that there will be a MAJOR pullback post Jan 30th launch, it will recover prior to March earnings though. I expect RIM to issue an update before ER on how well the sales are going.

Darn, drats, suffer'in suckatash, ok, you get your 3% pullback today.
    I thought it would not repeat Jan.14/15 but now it looks identical,if so we should climb again Thurs.

BTW, how did you score Toronto BLackberry 10 launch tickets?
    01-23-13 03:23 PM
    Apple missed..... We should be good money. Apple was the only tech company to flop.... Do you know how big that is. Didnt have the balls to short it.... Missed an opportunity.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-23-13 03:34 PM
    Apple missed..... We should be good money. Apple was the only tech company to flop.... Do you know how big that is. Didnt have the balls to short it.... Missed an opportunity.
    Apple missed? where do you see that?
    01-23-13 03:39 PM
    Barely..... still record numbers but about 200 million short of expectations.
    01-23-13 03:40 PM
    Well lucky you! You going to be blogging/posting from the floor?

As for after Jan.30.2013 , myself I have no concerns, all in at this point, gonna ride it to 2014/15 unless something crazy happens, like the Russians invade or such.

Will there be profit takers even if Jan 30 2013 is better than expected, sure,not the end of the world,more of a concern for day traders or those playing short term. The adverts coming Jan 30 2013 plus more info daily will backstop nicely, imho of course.

One of my clients is a huge Blackberry reseller. I found out that one of the guys is going and he can bring a guest. He made the arrangements last night, I didn't want to say anything until I got confirmation.

I can't stress this enough, there's 99% certainty that there will be a MAJOR pullback post Jan 30th launch, it will recover prior to March earnings though. I expect RIM to issue an update before ER on how well the sales are going.
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-23-13 03:41 PM
    Apple missed? where do you see that?
    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc reported quarterly revenue that slightly missed Wall Street expectations as sales of its flagship iPhone came in below analyst targets, sending its shares down more than 4 percent.

Apple said its fiscal first quarter revenue rose to $54.5 billion, below the average analyst estimate of $54.73 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
    01-23-13 03:41 PM

Listen, this is just the start. This will be Apple's best quarter ever. It will be downhill from here. Competitors are on their tail. Only thing that saved the stock from tanking more is the 137B cash position. They don't have no products. Steve didnt leave anything.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-23-13 03:46 PM
    AH not being nice to aapl,yikes. I'm sure their friendly media friends will write glowing reports before morn'in,lol.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-13 03:46 PM
    APPL is still dropping - more than 5% now.
    01-23-13 03:48 PM
    Might I also add that RIMM is climbing in after hours !!!
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-23-13 03:48 PM
    AH not being nice to aapl,yikes. I'm sure their friendly media friends will write glowing reports before morn'in,lol.
    Yep... probably... but the one interesting point is that their EPS is down yoy for the first time in 10yrs..... although for the EPS, it beat expectations.
    01-23-13 03:49 PM
    I think the deal is that I have to help review the BB10 phone(s). But don't think I'll be blogging live. Might post a thing or two on Facebook.

Well lucky you! You going to be blogging/posting from the floor?

As for after Jan.30.2013 , myself I have no concerns, all in at this point, gonna ride it to 2014/15 unless something crazy happens, like the Russians invade or such.

Will there be profit takers even if Jan 30 2013 is better than expected, sure,not the end of the world,more of a concern for day traders or those playing short term. The adverts coming Jan 30 2013 plus more info daily will backstop nicely, imho of course.
    01-23-13 03:52 PM
    SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Inc reported quarterly revenue that slightly missed Wall Street expectations as sales of its flagship iPhone came in below analyst targets, sending its shares down more than 4 percent.

Apple said its fiscal first quarter revenue rose to $54.5 billion, below the average analyst estimate of $54.73 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
    I guess that means that RIM is almost guaranteed going to go up tomorrow.!! =)
    01-23-13 03:55 PM
    Looking good for RIM after hours.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ah.jpg  
    01-23-13 03:56 PM
    RIMM stock is going up again after AAPL missed in after hour quotes..we will see tomorrow ..
    01-23-13 03:56 PM
    apple tanked... rim going to shoot up tomorrow...
    01-23-13 04:00 PM
    I got out today at at 17.35 and decided to approach this tomorrow long and hard from my TFSA account.
    01-23-13 04:00 PM
    I guess that means that RIM is almost guaranteed going to go up tomorrow.!! =)
    Money in our pockets from a slump from aapl
    01-23-13 04:01 PM
    Apple getting hammered now.
    01-23-13 04:01 PM
    Well then, maybe they (apple) have reached peak then as "InWithTheNew" mentioned. Interesting. Does bode well for RIM. Lets see how the media and such plays this going forward.

Yep... probably... but the one interesting point is that their EPS is down yoy for the first time in 10yrs..... although for the EPS, it beat expectations.
    01-23-13 04:02 PM
    01-23-13 04:04 PM
    apple tanked... rim going to shoot up tomorrow...
    I'd hardly call record numbers tanking. They just fell short of expectations. 47.8 million iPhones sold is hardly tanking. This is what happens when expectations get out of hand. I'm happier with the smaller number that most have given to RIM for the new line. I can't wait to beat those and raise the stock price.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-23-13 04:07 PM
    I'm listening to the earnings call for AAPL.

A couple of phrases and the tone here could literally have come right out of a 2010/2011 RIMM call - back when they were still increasing everything, but not as much as expected.

"Relentless commitment to innovation and excellence"
    "Our fundamentals ... will serve us well"

And my personal favorite:

"Laser focused"

Edit: Cook is pulling a Heins. As he continues to address questions in Q&A, the stock price keeps going down...

Seriously though, the parallels between this and RIM of a couple years ago are eerie.
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 01-23-13 at 04:31 PM.
    01-23-13 04:09 PM
    Tomorrow is the day the shorts get squeezed. Money is going to be taken out of apple in droves. People still want to invest in the smartphone/technology sector and which company looks the most interesting and has the greatest upside right now?
    01-23-13 04:10 PM
113,256 ... 96979899100 ...