View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I bought at $8.92 on the TSX, I'm in it for a while, would love to sell at $40+
    vgwillm likes this.
    01-22-13 06:57 PM
    Thanks. So the price is determined by past technical trends and has no relation to the value of the company?
    Yes and No, the long term price is determined by past and projected technicals, but intraday to short term price is determined on supply and demand. Supply being the number of people that want to sell, and demand being the number of people that wants to sell.
    Theoretically, past technicals could show the stock is going to plummet to $0, but if you have someone rich enough that is buying up more and more shares because they think the stock is going to do great for some arbitrary reason, the stock can skyrocket.
    That is why stocks is considered a gamble(not everyone agrees, but it is what it is).

Take for instance the day after earnings in December. The results were good, it rallied after market, but it took a couple of people that said "hey, I actually think it's not going to do well", and the stock plummeted. On the other hand, in the past few days, we've gotten very little news, yet a couple of upgrades and good sentiment has people saying "hey, I actually think it will do well" and the stock goes up.

So basically, the price is determined by a large number of factors of things, everything from technicals, to the value of the company, to public/investor sentiment, etc.
    BBNation and plasmid_boy like this.
    01-22-13 07:05 PM
    Looks like it could be another good day. BES 10 released early.
    01-23-13 12:06 AM
    01-23-13 12:11 AM
    and confirmed support for iOS and Android. Awesome!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-23-13 12:15 AM
    Oh yeas, I am excited and thrilled to know this as we were told by RIM rep that it will be june and we were planning to install fusion in the meantime this friday. WHat a news?
    01-23-13 12:39 AM
    and confirmed support for iOS and Android. Awesome!
    it will manage iOS, Anroid, BB10 and older BBs. $20 coming up, I had predicted $18 by lanuch but it might happen sooner than that. buying more tomorrow morning
    01-23-13 12:40 AM
    This pulled back all the way to 17.18, maybe even lower.
    Funny how this game works...some time we want it to go up and sometime we weant it to go up in long term but want the pullback so we can make more..greed..Bes10 released so tomorrow will not be case. I have been waiting for pullback for days not but not happening..still bough some
    01-23-13 01:14 AM
    Here we go again...$18.17 pre-market... doesn't seem to wanna slow down
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-01-23-3.22.51-pm.png  
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-23-13 05:58 AM
    Research in Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading
    RIMM
    $18.24 + $0.34 ^ 1.9%
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-23-13 05:58 AM
    " RIM opens its secure enterprise system to competitors' smartphones " -CTV

What an odd headline, should read " Blackberry Enterprise Service 10 now also supports iphone and droid smartphones"
    coldsword likes this.
    01-23-13 07:22 AM
    Down 0.15 in PreMarket? Why?

LE: Because of CITI.
    01-23-13 07:29 AM
    Good news getting drowned out with Apple reporting speculation and the Nebraska pipeline approval....and Google and IBM etc....interested to see what happens next two days.
    01-23-13 07:36 AM
    A little chill won't hurt. As stated before, we might even see some pullback.
    I stand, I look, and ... that's it. Meet my shares in 2 yrs or so !

As for today, my wet finger again (note, no rain dance today, babe is a little tired and need some rest lol).
    I'd like to see something like this (warning : my last attempt to figure out the graph was a 100% failure).

P.S : is that TSX (< 9 am @NY) ?

P.S(2) I'll stick to Yahoo Finance, where I'm sure it's Nasdaq RT.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-23-13 at 08:03 AM.
    Shanerredflag, _dimi_ and bungaboy like this.
    01-23-13 07:42 AM
    Another positive article with overperform agencies : RIMM stock has even more upside
    01-23-13 08:11 AM
    RBC's Mark Sue has a price of $19 and a tangible of $12 based on BB10 going out the door at a subsidized price of $149

The Street continues to respond to the impending introduction of Research in Motion�s (RIMM) BB10 operating system software, scheduled for a week from today. RBC Capital�s Mark Sue this morning reiterates a Sector Perform rating and raises his price target from $11 to $19, citing carrier support and �an attractive subsidized price of $149.�

�While sentiment on RIMM is positive at the moment, things can quickly reverse if sell-though data is not favorable or if returns are high. We estimate downside at $12 (tangible book).�
    01-23-13 08:22 AM
    got to love how this chit works. Citi comes out and downgrades, yet the stock rallies. I got a chance to get back in. Shorts are stuck and everything they try is not working. Who's the guy at Citi? Is it Suava or something like that? I remember him on a call acting like a complete fool.
    01-23-13 08:39 AM
    A little chill won't hurt. As stated before, we might even see some pullback.
    I stand, I look, and ... that's it. Meet my shares in 2 yrs or so !

As for today, my wet finger again (note, no rain dance today, babe is a little tired and need some rest lol).
    I'd like to see something like this (warning : my last attempt to figure out the graph was a 100% failure).

P.S : is that TSX (< 9 am @NY) ?

P.S(2) I'll stick to Yahoo Finance, where I'm sure it's Nasdaq RT.
    It's oscillating around $18 right now.
    01-23-13 08:41 AM
    CITI track record is worse than BMO, of 19 analysts CITI has the lowest ratings,lol.
    got to love how this chit works. Citi comes out and downgrades, yet the stock rallies. I got a chance to get back in. Shorts are stuck and everything they try is not working. Who's the guy at Citi? Is it Suava or something like that? I remember him on a call acting like a complete fool.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-23-13 08:43 AM
    In terms of marketing, if they get these phones out before the superbowl. And then advertise the **** out of it during. The people that go to parties become even more advertisement and that creates more awareness and i bet more sales(stock shares rise). Someone always has something to show off during superbowl parties or something to talk about, the last couple of years i noticed someone is always pulling a phone out and saying check this out and I like it because...the best thing is being intoxicated adds effect. And as far as I know, people all over the world like watching the superbowl.
    01-23-13 08:48 AM
    Another positive article with overperform agencies : RIMM stock has even more upside
    I posted this in the "HUGE NEWS!! BES" thread... unfortunately, other "journalists" are putting a bit of a negative spin on the news:

RIM Still Unable to Clarify Its Fee Structure - NYTimes.com

Perhaps this is the reason for the dampened stock movement this A.M.???
    01-23-13 08:53 AM
    But what if that is a demographic that RIM doesn't want to attract?
    01-23-13 08:54 AM
    I posted this in the "HUGE NEWS!! BES" thread... unfortunately, other "journalists" are putting a bit of a negative spin on the news:

RIM Still Unable to Clarify Its Fee Structure - NYTimes.com

Perhaps this is the reason for the dampened stock movement this A.M.???
    Zzzzz, just another journo trying to save the shorts butts,lol. Old story rehashed, Thor has it under control. Jan 30 2013
    01-23-13 08:57 AM
    @kingb71, The Super Bowl doesn't have a demographic. People who don't watch a single game all season end up at Super Bowl parties. It's more of a social event for many.
    joe.miller likes this.
    01-23-13 08:58 AM
    But what if that is a demographic that RIM doesn't want to attract?
    I think there's nobody they don't *want* to attract - there are just targeted demographics and not. If those who are not targeted buy, it's just bonus that they hadn't counted on.
    01-23-13 08:58 AM
113,256 ... 9495969798 ...