View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow! What a run it had today. I suspect it will sleep or even retract a bit after today but I am not worried.

I have no reason to worry do I?
    01-22-13 03:43 PM
    So, predictions for tomorrow? Current sell order @ $19.45, not expecting that to hit yet (not that delusional)
    01-22-13 03:45 PM
    if it goes up to 19.45 why would it not go to $20?
    01-22-13 03:48 PM
    I waited all day for that pullback and didn't see it... I figured back to high $15s, mid $16 would be enough for me... what do you think a or the pullback will look like?
    After today it might drop to the $16.75 to $17.25 range. Do not think RIMM could do this two days in a row. Needs to rest and then start back up on Thursday. I am not selling as I am pretty sure we are no where near the gains between now and end of the month.
    01-22-13 03:50 PM
    I had my best trade ever! ( I do not trade much). Sold yesterday at $17.70, bought back in this morning just after open @ $16.83.

I know, 'cool story bro'...

I'm done trading this now. Just have my long term shares left (2 yrs+)
    BThunderW likes this.
    01-22-13 03:54 PM
    You mean in your humble opinion.
    Yes, of course. But you must realize that right now the stock is trading purely on speculation, hope and hype. This does not work so well in the long term. Look at the NOK stock before the Lumia announcement or Microsoft stock before Surface.

Also look at Nokia stock when they announced a huge gain in sales few weeks ago. When RIM does that, That's when the shorts really get squeezed. Until then, there are some pretty fat pockets funding the shorts so it might be a while before they start covering.

You also must realize that while the weaker shorts are covering now, new shorts are coming in all the time because they believe the price is over inflated, which in my opinion it is.
    Munchito1976 likes this.
    01-22-13 03:55 PM
    Yes, of course. But you must realize that right now the stock is trading purely on speculation, hope and hype. This does not work so well in the long term. Look at the NOK stock before the Lumia announcement or Microsoft stock before Surface.

Also look at Nokia stock when they announced a huge gain in sales few weeks ago. When RIM does that, That's when the shorts really get squeezed. Until then, there are some pretty fat pockets funding the shorts so it might be a while before they start covering.

You also must realize that while the weaker shorts are covering now, new shorts are coming in all the time because they believe the price is over inflated, which in my opinion it is.
    Another ignorant question: how do you determine whether the price is inflated or not?
    01-22-13 04:03 PM
    RSI is a good indicator. The price is also on the top of the upper trend line. The market has a way of correcting everything in the long run. Everyone has to make money somehow

Another ignorant question: how do you determine whether the price is inflated or not?
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    01-22-13 04:14 PM
    I couldn't help myself either and bought another 20 shares today. Who knows, maybe the shares will go back up to $150.00 like back in 2008 or maybe they'll go back down. Seeing that I'm not in deep enough to go bankrupt, this is purely a fun and exciting adventure. I wish the best for Blackberry and can't wait for the 30th.
    01-22-13 04:21 PM
    Good news for those holding on. AH Price high of $18.10 on Nasdaq
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 04:29 PM
    01-22-13 04:35 PM
    what does this mean to RIMM?
    After market for RIMM seems steady, probably means nothing at all to RIMM. Too much uncertainty at the moment on RIM's own business for another business to make a major impact at this point.
    01-22-13 04:56 PM
    phew! bought more tsx rim shares @ 17.25 earlier today before noon.

glad to see it closed at 17.74!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 04:59 PM
    Bought in at $17.01 this morning.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 05:02 PM
    I'm in today for the first time @ 17.50
    It took 4 long grueling days to get my account setup and ready for trading. Aagh... that was 2 dollars ago! Ha!
    Ready for the rest of the ride now...
    Superfly_FR and s0be like this.
    01-22-13 05:29 PM
    Just to add a cup of cold water, what makes everyone think that it can't pull back? Lets take for instance RIM.TO traded up to $18.50 Monday and opened @ $16.80 today. That's a pullback !!!! However it was a pullback that was bought up. If you're buying on margin just make sure you don't get too greedy because when those pullbacks happen you might start to panic, and a bad day on margin is amplified.

Had a stuck to my plan on December during the last call to sell all my shares I would have had the perfect opportunity to buy back even more @10. Like a **** though I held and watched it fall like a rock from $15 to $10 holding 3000 shares. So now I make sure and ring the register for sure and stick to my plan.

Just a few days ago we $15 was hard to cross over. Now we're up over $18. Time for me to breathe and do some research to make sure. The RIMM trade is usally Appl up, RIMM down. Today that wasn't the case.
    01-22-13 05:32 PM
    RSI is a good indicator. The price is also on the top of the upper trend line. The market has a way of correcting everything in the long run. Everyone has to make money somehow

On a conventional stock I would agree 100% , yet on RIM I'm tossing out RSI factor, I'm listening/watching sentiment sentiment sentiment as it relates to real world feed back to BB10. That sentiment is ever increasingly getting louder and louder in a positive sentiment, even from those who previously poo poo'ed RIM.

I'm not saying RIM BB10 will be number one overnight BUT there is no reason (based on feedback so far) that they could not be the most favoured smart phone going forward. From what I'm hearing/seeing , in it's class BB10 Jan 30 beats em hands down. If see/hear that you can be sure those with deep pockets know that and more yet.
    morganplus8 and BBNation like this.
    01-22-13 05:42 PM
    Just to add a cup of cold water, what makes everyone think that it can't pull back? Lets take for instance RIM.TO traded up to $18.50 Monday and opened @ $16.80 today. That's a pullback !!!! However it was a pullback that was bought up. If you're buying on margin just make sure you don't get too greedy because when those pullbacks happen you might start to panic, and a bad day on margin is amplified.

Had a stuck to my plan on December during the last call to sell all my shares I would have had the perfect opportunity to buy back even more @10. Like a **** though I held and watched it fall like a rock from $15 to $10 holding 3000 shares. So now I make sure and ring the register for sure and stick to my plan.

Just a few days ago we $15 was hard to cross over. Now we're up over $18. Time for me to breathe and do some research to make sure. The RIMM trade is usally Appl up, RIMM down. Today that wasn't the case.
    i was expecting the shares on tsx to drop today, because US markets were closed yesterday. Usually what happens the next day when US markets open, investors sell tsx and buy nasdaq. However, that didn't happen today.

YES, the shares can go down. Playing the stock market is not guaranteed, it's calculated gambling. If you can't take the risk then you shouldn't be playing. You read the news, and if you believe the product will be a success then buy it. go long. GO RIM!
    01-22-13 05:47 PM
    Well this is sure is exciting and fun. (And easy to say when I am up X 1.8 times LoL)
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-22-13 06:09 PM
    i was expecting the shares on tsx to drop today, because US markets were closed yesterday. Usually what happens the next day when US markets open, investors sell tsx and buy nasdaq. However, that didn't happen today.

YES, the shares can go down. Playing the stock market is not guaranteed, it's calculated gambling. If you can't take the risk then you shouldn't be playing. You read the news, and if you believe the product will be a success then buy it. go long. GO RIM!
    While the stock is up whatever amount over a period of time, I'm actually now up over 300% through margin buying and saving $0.30-.40 here and there by luckily catching near top and buying back lower. I think I earned the chance to actually see my gains. A profit isn't a profit until you sell. I'm staring at a handsome shiny profit right now and feeling great.

I'm going to buy back soon pullback or not. I'd prefer one, if it doesn't come so be it.
    01-22-13 06:10 PM
    Just to add a cup of cold water, what makes everyone think that it can't pull back? Lets take for instance RIM.TO traded up to $18.50 Monday and opened @ $16.80 today. That's a pullback !!!!
    The TSX intraday $18.50 was auto-buy, the $16.80 was opening fluctuations. I suppose if you're day trading it you can call them dips, they hardly qualify as pullback.

Maybe I'm old school but pullbacks to me me are firstly day over day decline/s, not intraday movement. Secondly declining VWAP can be another form of pullback or precursor to such.
    01-22-13 06:30 PM
    Good news for those holding on. AH Price high of $18.10 on Nasdaq
    I'm definitely in it for the long. I wish to put in another $1000 this Friday (my tax return, since I consider it "free money"). If, of course, Q1 2013 is abysmal, I will sell and be happy with what I've gained.
    01-22-13 06:32 PM
    RIM ready for battle in smartphone war, analyst says

Early BlackBerry 10 reviews suggest devices outperform iPhone 5 and Android phones

CBC News

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 3:14 PM ET

Last Updated: Jan 22, 2013 3:10 PM ET

RIM's BlackBerry 10 line of smartphones could be enough to reverse the company's fortunes, a Scotia Capital analyst said in a research note Tuesday. (Berthold Stadler/Associated Press)

Research in Motion's upcoming models of BlackBerry 10 phones are better than the current generation iPhone and many Android devices, something that could be enough to propel the stock higher, according to an analyst at Scotia Capital.

In a research report on the company issued Tuesday. Scotia analyst Gus Papageorgiou upgraded his rating on the company to "outperform," citing the company's upcoming line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones as having the technical prowess to help RIM defend its turf and even expand in the highly competitive cellphone market.

"We believe RIM has a good chance at convincing some old users to come back to the platform and bring in some new users as well," Papageorgiou said. He upgraded his target price for the stock to $23.

That's well ahead the $17.53 level where RIM shares were trading at on the TSX on Tuesday afternoon. After a prolonged decline, RIM shareholders have seen the value of their stock erode from over $140 in the summer of 2008, to bottom out a little over $6 a share last September.

Since then, the shares have been on a tear, almost tripling to within range of $18 currently.

Papageorgiou cites many reasons for the recent optimism around RIM. "Compared to the iPhone 5, BB10 has a faster browser, superior screen resolution, more memory, and the ability to multi-task," he said in the research note. "Initial reviews even show its voice command outperforming Siri. The only area it falls short is in app selection, but we believe most of the top 100 apps will be there."

Papageorgiou says he expects RIM will sell 29.8 million BlackBerry 10 smartphones next fiscal year. And that's on top of more than 21 million units of the older BlackBerry 7 line of phones.

RIM currently has 79 million subscribers. While they have a declining market share in the key North American market, they are expanding in many other parts of the globe. Papageorgiou expects about a third of current BlackBerry customers will upgrade to the new phones.

BlackBerry customers typically replace their units every 15-16 months or so, but that figure has crept up to about 25 months, on average, as customers have been waiting for new offerings from the company.

"We think street expectations are too low, the company can deliver meaningful earnings on the back of relatively small smartphone volumes, and that BB10 does have longer-term potential," he wrote. Although he adds there are "considerable risks" to RIM's outlook, especially ahead of the closely watched product launch, "we would be buyers of the shares," he says.
    01-22-13 06:33 PM
    Thanks. So the price is determined by past technical trends and has no relation to the value of the company?
    01-22-13 06:41 PM
    RIM ready for battle in smartphone war, analyst says

Early BlackBerry 10 reviews suggest devices outperform iPhone 5 and Android phones

CBC News

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 3:14 PM ET

Last Updated: Jan 22, 2013 3:10 PM ET

RIM's BlackBerry 10 line of smartphones could be enough to reverse the company's fortunes, a Scotia Capital analyst said in a research note Tuesday. (Berthold Stadler/Associated Press)

Research in Motion's upcoming models of BlackBerry 10 phones are better than the current generation iPhone and many Android devices, something that could be enough to propel the stock higher, according to an analyst at Scotia Capital.

In a research report on the company issued Tuesday. Scotia analyst Gus Papageorgiou upgraded his rating on the company to "outperform," citing the company's upcoming line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones as having the technical prowess to help RIM defend its turf and even expand in the highly competitive cellphone market.

"We believe RIM has a good chance at convincing some old users to come back to the platform and bring in some new users as well," Papageorgiou said. He upgraded his target price for the stock to $23.

That's well ahead the $17.53 level where RIM shares were trading at on the TSX on Tuesday afternoon. After a prolonged decline, RIM shareholders have seen the value of their stock erode from over $140 in the summer of 2008, to bottom out a little over $6 a share last September.

Since then, the shares have been on a tear, almost tripling to within range of $18 currently.

Papageorgiou cites many reasons for the recent optimism around RIM. "Compared to the iPhone 5, BB10 has a faster browser, superior screen resolution, more memory, and the ability to multi-task," he said in the research note. "Initial reviews even show its voice command outperforming Siri. The only area it falls short is in app selection, but we believe most of the top 100 apps will be there."

Papageorgiou says he expects RIM will sell 29.8 million BlackBerry 10 smartphones next fiscal year. And that's on top of more than 21 million units of the older BlackBerry 7 line of phones.

RIM currently has 79 million subscribers. While they have a declining market share in the key North American market, they are expanding in many other parts of the globe. Papageorgiou expects about a third of current BlackBerry customers will upgrade to the new phones.

BlackBerry customers typically replace their units every 15-16 months or so, but that figure has crept up to about 25 months, on average, as customers have been waiting for new offerings from the company.

"We think street expectations are too low, the company can deliver meaningful earnings on the back of relatively small smartphone volumes, and that BB10 does have longer-term potential," he wrote. Although he adds there are "considerable risks" to RIM's outlook, especially ahead of the closely watched product launch, "we would be buyers of the shares," he says.
    FIRST!!!

Oh, wrong place...

Looks like more of that positive sentiment stuff. The stuff of which healthy growth springs!
    TomJasper and bungaboy like this.
    01-22-13 06:45 PM
113,256 ... 9394959697 ...