View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    momentum is soooo huge that, a pull back seem so remote. when was the last major pull back? I agree technicals show it at the top of channel but, this is an abnormal week for RIMM and rules maybe thrown of the window.
    This statement signals that it may be time to ring the register. I'm out for now @ 17.63.. Going to drink some gatorade on the sideline, catch my breath, and watch.
    01-22-13 02:24 PM
    No. But what he says makes a lot of sense. It's a big milestone.
    I know he is long but he wants it go down bit so he can buy more..not happening today or never until jan 30
    01-22-13 02:28 PM
    I AM OVER $10K GAINED JUST TODAY!

I want to bail and sell but I am greedy!
    $10k now? Shoot. Could be $20-40k in a year.
    01-22-13 02:29 PM
    But I understand where he is coming from. People with lots of stock experience have been been burnt again and again (dot-com, fall 2008 ). So, they are in defence mode. What I am saying is during these few days (now to Jan 30). What will be a reason for a pullback? Maybe something from the outside, non RIMM related, US government declare something, fall of Europe? So, far I see no correlation between those and RIMM.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-22-13 02:30 PM
    But I understand where he is coming from. People with lots of stock experience have been been burnt again and again (dot-com, fall 2008 ). So, they are in defence mode. What I am saying is during these few days (now to Jan 30). What will be a reason for a pullback? Maybe something from the outside, non RIMM related, US government declare something, fall of Europe? So, far I see no correlation between those and RIMM.
    It may be better to ask yourself why the runup, on little or no real news or new information?

That's why a pullback seems likely to me - it's going up but nothing has changed to support it at this price. If it had done this more gradually on the lead-up to the 30th or even on the 30th, I'd feel much better about it.
    01-22-13 02:36 PM
    Don't try and trade this stock or it will make you look stupid. Yesterday I went against everything I told you guys and I sold half @ 17.06 the high thinking it will pull back and bla bla bla. What did RIM do???? laughed in my stupid face and run another $1.50. Lucky today for me the Americans criminals manipulated the SP to under $17 and I jumped all over that and rebought my shares. It's not worth trying to time the market to buy a few extra shares. At least for me anyway as RIM will make you look like a fool (unless you are a morgan type guy and I am not him). Thanks again to the American manipulators for selling shares or whatever and allowing me to buy back for no loss.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-22-13 02:38 PM
    It may be better to ask yourself why the runup, on little or no real news or new information?

That's why a pullback seems likely to me - it's going up but nothing has changed to support it at this price. If it had done this more gradually on the lead-up to the 30th or even on the 30th, I'd feel much better about it.
    Maybe because people are realizing that RIM was under-valued to begin-with. So, instead of thinking of this as a "run-up", we should think of it as a "correction" (upward correction)?
    joe.miller likes this.
    01-22-13 02:39 PM
    A simple shakeout of a few weak hands can bring a pullback. New buyers can easily panic and long term view changes when you're sitting and watching your position go in the red. It happens and can happen fast.

I don't want this post to come off as I'm now being negative. I want best for all longs.
    01-22-13 02:39 PM

Everyday RIM gets stronger( not just the stock), that's what is changing,hence price UP is warranted.

All imho of course.
    01-22-13 02:44 PM
    A simple shakeout of a few weak hands can bring a pullback. New buyers can easily panic and long term view changes when you're sitting and watching your position go in the red. It happens and can happen fast.

I don't want this post to come off as I'm now being negative. I want best for all longs.
    VWAP - check
    Volume - check
    Sentiment - check
    Close on high - It should and so it did.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-22-13 at 03:00 PM.
    BBNation likes this.
    01-22-13 02:46 PM
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.

How many of us (and friends) can afford this ? I don't know ...
    But if we actively buzz this, it may ... oh, yes, I'm a dreamer...
    But just imagine 10% of BB users claiming five shares ...

P.S: Yes, I'm a part of the 99% : I have no other share anywhere.

Disclaimer : buying shares is a high risk action that must not be done unless the money you engage is under 5% of your personal liquid assets. By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. Be aware that You can lose everything and I won't be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Edited 09/22/2012 : The original title "I support RIM : I buy share" was misleading many contributors. As of date, I modified my #1 post title and ask mods for the thread title change with : "I support RIM and I buy share". Slight difference, but I believe it gives another meaning to this sentence, closer to my opinion.
    Must be nice, why not send some BB lovin my way?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 02:48 PM
    Actually, I executed about a dozen trades on RIM today, very healthy profit. Will be able to buy more on pullback.

Done for the day.
    01-22-13 02:48 PM

My answer is that its pure speculation, adrinaline, hype and more, at least just for these few days until Jan 30.
    (I wished, I had followed Morgan the prophet's advise,.. he was very exact in his prediction).
    01-22-13 02:49 PM
    Actually, I executed about a dozen trades on RIM today, very healthy profit. Will be able to buy more on pullback.

Done for the day.
    I'm with you on this one. While I didn't get out at the very tip top, I'm not mad that I left 15-20cents on the table.
    01-22-13 02:53 PM
    I have been in the same boat for few days, sell all, some but this thing keep going up..I will not have heart to see $25 before launch but who knows..one mistake or screw up will send it back to $15 in no time
    01-22-13 03:00 PM
    just made back anything I left on the table with RIMM and took a quick $28 gain in Goog. Just some more dry powder to buy more RIMM. LONG LIVE RIMM
    01-22-13 03:07 PM

Done for the day.
    I waited all day for that pullback and didn't see it... I figured back to high $15s, mid $16 would be enough for me... what do you think a or the pullback will look like?
    01-22-13 03:09 PM
    This pulled back all the way to 17.18, maybe even lower.
    01-22-13 03:11 PM
    GOOG Q4 Revenue Misses, EPS Beats; Shares Rise
    By Tiernan Ray
    Google (GOOG) this afternoon reported Q4 revenue that missed analysts’ estimates, but beat on the bottom line.

Revenue in the three months ended in December rose to $11.34 billion, yielding EPS of $10.65.

Analysts had been modeling $12.32 billion and $10.55 per share.

Google shares are up $28.18, or 4%, at $731.05 in late trading
    .EmailPrint
    smaller Larger By Tiernan Ray
    Google (GOOG) this afternoon reported Q4 revenue that missed analysts’ estimates, but beat on the bottom line.

Revenue in the three months ended in December rose to $11.34 billion, yielding EPS of $10.65.

Analysts had been modeling $12.32 billion and $10.55 per share.

Google shares are up $28.18, or 4%, at $731.05 in late trading

----

what does this mean to RIMM?
    01-22-13 03:13 PM
    This pulled back all the way to 17.18, maybe even lower.
    17.18 , you probably mean during today.
    After Hours Now: 17.93 0.04 (0.22%)
    WOW!
    01-22-13 03:16 PM
    There was enough volatility to make some good trades today. I think the initial correction won't be big, maybe 5-8%, the one on Jan 30th or day after will be huge.

I waited all day for that pullback and didn't see it... I figured back to high $15s, mid $16 would be enough for me... what do you think a or the pullback will look like?
    01-22-13 03:19 PM
    There was enough volatility to make some good trades today. I think the initial correction won't be big, maybe 5-8%, the one on Jan 30th or day after will be huge.
    I can see that happening, thats what I meant between now and Jan 30, nothing major just up, up, up
    after Jan 30 nobody knows. Its crap shot. Throw a coin. Roll a dice.
    Now should I buy?..... I dont know..... yikes, I am gonna pee in my pants!!!
    01-22-13 03:22 PM
    You mean in your humble opinion.

01-22-13 03:24 PM
    anyone else wanna come drink some kool-aid with me in the 'didnt buy at $7' tent?

grrrr. Im just happy that its doing well i guess
    coldsword likes this.
    01-22-13 03:37 PM
    I am waiting for price to hit $26 by launch. Then I can buy a bunch of BlackBerry 10 devices!
    01-22-13 03:41 PM
113,256 ... 9293949596 ...