View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    you guys have to hear what this guy says about RIM. i'm trying to find it on BNN.ca but it's as if they do not want people to hear what he has to say. Can anyone here give it a shot and help me find this video which happened today at 10:45 am.

Douglas Pollit
    Principal, Pollitt & Co

BlackBerry 10 a Winner?

BNN Video Player

Douglas Pollit, Principal, Pollitt & Co joins BNN for a look at how the BlackBerry 10 compares to the competition - and what that means for RIM stock
    01-22-13 11:08 AM
    i know it popped up just as I asked you guys. lol
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 11:09 AM
    Some have told me that it could go as high as $25 a share PRIOR to intro of BB10. Just hard to believe, but then . . . .
    01-22-13 11:09 AM
    Hey guys, I'm nervous as heck! I bought 247 shares of RIM back when they were around 11 dollars (still kicking myself for not waiting till they were at $6) and I bought those shares expecting to wait a couple years for them to be in the 40's or whatever. But so close to the launch event at around 17-18 dollars I decided to use my credit line to buy 399 shares now to sell them on launch event day or even launch day.
    Seeing as this is only my second time buying stock ever I am understandably nervous and excited! It's all or nothing!
    01-22-13 11:14 AM
    you guys have to hear what this guy says about RIM. i'm trying to find it on BNN.ca but it's as if they do not want people to hear what he has to say. Can anyone here give it a shot and help me find this video which happened today at 10:45 am.

Douglas Pollit
    Principal, Pollitt & Co

BlackBerry 10 a Winner?

Douglas Pollit, Principal, Pollitt & Co joins BNN for a look at how the BlackBerry 10 compares to the competition - and what that means for RIM stock
    BlackBerry 10 a Winner? [01-22-13 10:45 AM] on MSN Video
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    01-22-13 11:17 AM
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Was a good watch.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-13 11:18 AM
    Awesome sum-up ... hope you'll feed the news and rumors section with it.
    Thank you 1K for this !
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-22-13 11:26 AM
    No comment ... just ... you know ...
    Attachment 132167
    You guys are playing catchup today. RIM.TO was up to $18.40 yesterday at one point.
    01-22-13 11:48 AM
    You guys are playing catchup today. RIM.TO was up to $18.40 yesterday at one point.
    But these are US dollars, by the 1%ers. So they are intrinsically more valuable as a measure of worth...
    Just kidding! We love RIM and CA!
    kingb71 likes this.
    01-22-13 12:30 PM
    Do you think that tomorrow RIMM will still be green on NASDAQ?
    01-22-13 12:36 PM
    I AM OVER $10K GAINED JUST TODAY!

I want to bail and sell but I am greedy!
    q649, Superfly_FR and InWithTheNew like this.
    01-22-13 12:51 PM
    I'm banking on Jan 30th anouncement of some new way BB10/QNX is going to get monetized/creating a new revenue stream that we haven't considered and the market hasn't priced in yet. That will be the shanker!
    cjcampbell and zyben like this.
    01-22-13 12:57 PM
    TSX up four cents....yeah, 92 bucks baby...lol
    BThunderW likes this.
    01-22-13 01:01 PM
    Hey guys, I'm nervous as heck! I bought 247 shares of RIM back when they were around 11 dollars (still kicking myself for not waiting till they were at $6)
    Never kick yourself for being ahead. Ever!
    cezley likes this.
    01-22-13 01:03 PM
    I'm banking on Jan 30th anouncement of some new way BB10/QNX is going to get monetized/creating a new revenue stream that we haven't considered and the market hasn't priced in yet. That will be the shanker!
    Agree. I think stock has not priced in following factors
    • - cut from app sales (previously BB World didnt have as many apps to begin with. But if this time, BB 10 is going to have 100,000 or so apps, surely, a lot of them will be quality and a lot of them will sell. Hence, this time around analysts should be "factoring in" potential app-sales revenue. It's not going to be trivial).
    • - cut from sales of music and video (again, it should not be ignored this time)
    • - cut from BlackBerry's NFC enabled payment services
    • - licensing fee from autos etc. for QNX

I think all of them are going to result in non-trivial revenue stream and they haven't been priced-in yet. I expect market will price them in by June 2013 (after earning call, when some data about revenues from these services is out).
    01-22-13 01:06 PM
    Remember guys, we're near the top trend line, it'll be difficult to break out from that at such high RSI. I expect a small pullback any day with another rally into the launch.
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-22-13 01:23 PM
    I AM OVER $10K GAINED JUST TODAY!

I want to bail and sell but I am greedy!
    Well with over 100k invested in it...I will never in my life have that much invested in a single stock. Must be nice.
    01-22-13 01:27 PM
    Remember guys, we're near the top trend line, it'll be difficult to break out from that at such high RSI. I expect a small pullback any day with another rally into the launch.
    "Superfly ... listen to BTW and stop printing the charts" ...
    oww, sorry Jiminy ... can't refrain
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-22-13 01:31 PM
    LOL. That's just Nasdaq catching up to TSX. TSX flat pretty much all day.

"Superfly ... listen to BTW and stop printing the charts" ...
    oww, sorry Jiminy ... can't refrain
    01-22-13 01:38 PM
    Do stocks always follow technical trends?
    01-22-13 01:46 PM
    No. But what he says makes a lot of sense. It's a big milestone.
    01-22-13 01:56 PM
    LOL. That's just Nasdaq catching up to TSX. TSX flat pretty much all day.
    You have been hoping since this morning to get in pull back but not happenig for you today. Sorry man..Those tech indicators do not matter when the whole world is chasing BB10.
    01-22-13 02:14 PM
    momentum is soooo huge that, a pull back seem so remote. when was the last major pull back? I agree technicals show it at the top of channel but, this is an abnormal week for RIMM and rules maybe thrown of the window.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-22-13 02:14 PM
    No. But what he says makes a lot of sense. It's a big milestone.
    I know he is long but he wants it go down bit so he can buy more..not happening today or never until jan 30
    01-22-13 02:15 PM
    I agree a little bit with him. Although we have earnings and news tomorrow, in the worst-case scenario, the stock may move just a little bit as shorts are still fighting. And it may even go down a bit. A move smaller than $ 0.5.

I am a bit biased now, i must confess. I just doubled my shares and if RIMM keeps on rising, I will make money so it's great. But if it goes down, I will be in trouble. Always make plans for the worst-worst case scenario(I can take a -1.5 move and I still am nervous- karma hates me)

LE: Aaand I am rambling. Gotta go to sleep(I am not from the US, big time difference)
    01-22-13 02:19 PM
113,256 ... 9192939495 ...