View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crystal-ball.jpg

Tomorrow will see another double digit increase.
    01-21-13 07:35 PM
    RIM’s rise bolstered by CEO comments, analyst accolades
    The Globe and Mail
    Last updated Monday, Jan. 21 2013, 7:45 PM EST

RIM
    01-21-13 07:53 PM
    RIM’s rise bolstered by CEO comments, analyst accolades
    The Globe and Mail
    Last updated Monday, Jan. 21 2013, 7:45 PM EST

RIM
    Don't understand G&M at all...this is old news, Thor talked about this back at BBJam interview and no one took a moment's glance. Press really should research before releasing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-21-13 08:11 PM
    Considering the way carriers and developers are responding to RIM, the entire idea of licensing BB10 is probably being considered under a whole new light.
    spike12 and _dimi_ like this.
    01-21-13 08:20 PM
    Yes you should, as myself i bought shares and i think they'll do geat as they have something that no other of their compotition has. For this time they'll have a great phone that will work amazing. But remember blackberry's are only for VIP people. You'll only be legit when you have a blakberry, not the iphone 5 because everyone that has one is regreting it because they suck big time and everyone who own's an android is hitting their heads on the wall because they have virus's. It's a no brainer blackberry>>>>>> is the way to go
    01-21-13 08:20 PM
    I played the stock today, bought some, sold lots. Hoping to see $16.50 as a low to finish off a kick-*** play.
    Shanerredflag and Goint like this.
    01-21-13 08:35 PM
    .....You'll only be legit when you have a blakberry, not the iphone 5 because everyone that has one is regreting it because they suck big time and everyone who own's an android is hitting their heads on the wall because they have virus's. It's a no brainer blackberry>>>>>> is the way to go
    You've kind of blown it out of proportion. I don't know a single person on Android that has a virus. Nor have I heard of any massive spread of viruses on Android. (There is that Zeus trojan, or other malware that we've recently heard of, but that is targeting a variety of platforms, not just Android)
    There is a difference between having a device that is insecure and everyone having a virus on their device.

I will agree that Android is not secure, but I would definitely not say that "everyone who own's an android is hitting their heads on the wall because they have virus's".
    For the average users that don't require high security (e.g. non-enterprises), there is nothing wrong with Android in terms of security. It is only when you start using it for mobile payments, or banking, or deal with a lot of sensitive data/emails, especially when you get to the enterprise level, that you need higher level security. And that is what RIM is really pushing itself as the leader of. Security.

For your 12 -18 year old that needs a phone, an iPhone or Android is likely what they want. Not a BlackBerry. For those that use a phone for simple calling and texting, an Android or iPhone is sufficient.

People, stop trying to say the new BlackBerry 10 phone is going to be the absolute best phone for everyone. IT IS NOT! And it's good that RIM figured that out already.
    Thats why their ads and training that they are giving to carriers is focused on a specific market. People who want to get things done, professionals, enterprises, people who want a secure platform, etc.

I played the stock today, bought some, sold lots. Hoping to see $16.50 as a low to finish off a kick-*** play.
    I hope it doesn't start low. Sorry, I know you're looking for an entry point, but if it starts low, I'm going to kick myself for not selling at the top today.
    01-21-13 08:42 PM
    Doesn't have to start low, as long as it hits it intraday, if it starts high and rockets, I'll play that too

I hope it doesn't start low. Sorry, I know you're looking for an entry point, but if it starts low, I'm going to kick myself for not selling at the top today.
    01-21-13 08:49 PM
    I am just waiting for "short squeeze" that has been talked about here for so long!
    When is it going to come? 137M shorts. That could easily double current trading price!
    When is it going to happen?! I was thinking that now days so much trading is done via computer algorithms that once stock price crosses certain threshold ($18), computer will automatically start buying stocks to prevent further loss (stop loss). But it isn't happening.
    01-21-13 09:18 PM
    I'm thinking we'll find that out at the open tomorrow: The NASDAQ not being open today would have caused problems with the stop losses kicking in.

I'm quite interested in seeing what the numbers show whenever the NASDAQ updates the short interest on their website for January 15th. It's quite possible a lot of the short interest covered on the weekend of January 11th when the stock price basically changed direction.
    01-21-13 10:33 PM
    Lets also not forget that Prem being the savvy investor that he has his shares restricted from being sold short. I'm sure all the major long holders are doing this as well. The short interest is then more like 40% of what is actually available for trade. I'm really asking myself what in the world do these shorts know that has yet to be uncovered. If they're wrong the pain is going to be crazy for them.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-21-13 11:40 PM
    ****, I wonder what caused the stock to jump almost 11% on no real news.
    There actually is NEWS. The news everyday is that we're one day closer to the launch of BB10. Basically people have 5-6 trading days to get their $hit together.
    01-21-13 11:50 PM
    I'm thinking we'll find that out at the open tomorrow: The NASDAQ not being open today would have caused problems with the stop losses kicking in.

I'm quite interested in seeing what the numbers show whenever the NASDAQ updates the short interest on their website for January 15th. It's quite possible a lot of the short interest covered on the weekend of January 11th when the stock price basically changed direction.
    Another fun filled week.
    Tuesday - Google Earnings
    Wednesday - Apple Earnings
    Thursday - Intel Earnings (Not as relevant to us, but it's a tech stock that has been losing business due to the ever increasing demand for mobile chips, e.g. Qualcomm)
    Friday - NASDAQ Short Interest Release
    01-22-13 12:09 AM
    I wonder if Apple will beat the street. They're trading at a pretty low multiple right now.
    01-22-13 12:28 AM
    See my previous posts on this form..$18 and $20 coming sooner than I thought and if all go well it will be jackpot here...betting big on RIM..bigger than RIM.
    01-22-13 12:37 AM
    I think Apple earning will affect RIM stock, if apple ER is not good as expect, RIM will soar to roof..
    01-22-13 12:38 AM
    No news, The media is reportin BS about licensing and hardware sale. The media took one line from the interview and making the execuse about it. It is basically the continuation of short covering and all shorts should be covered before Jan 30th, all SHIRTS are ripped, ripped and feeling bit of RIM squeeze..I hope that is what it is otherwise I will have heart attack seeing the stock to $30 in few weeks once the covering begins after jan 30
    01-22-13 12:45 AM
    Another fun filled week.
    Tuesday - Google Earnings
    Wednesday - Apple Earnings
    Thursday - Intel Earnings (Not as relevant to us, but it's a tech stock that has been losing business due to the ever increasing demand for mobile chips, e.g. Qualcomm)
    Friday - NASDAQ Short Interest Release
    Wow! thanks for pointing this out... this should be a pretty monumental next four days
    01-22-13 01:04 AM
    Im thinking that this will be the best quarter that Apple will have in some time. I won't rule out a positive surprise from Apple mainly because Apple would be stupid not to warn with all the negative press floating. The iphone numbers may end up being in line, but going forward they will guide cautiously. In line phones, then guide very cautious is where it can get sticking trying to figure RIMM the trading days after Apple reports. I may end up doing nothing, or may sell a portion into run up just so I have some powder to buy on a pull back. Also Tmobile is having a launch dinner with RIMM on or around the 24th if I remember correctly. So much to think about that I might just do nothing.
    01-22-13 01:06 AM
    I think Apple earning will affect RIM stock, if apple ER is not good as expect, RIM will soar to roof..
    No one knows how it will go because it works every way.

Strong earnings means techs are still strong and consumer market still has high demand, but also could mean Apple is becoming stronger.
    Weak earnings means consumer market is weak and tech may be on the decline, but also could mean Apple is becoming weaker.
    01-22-13 01:13 AM
    Research in Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading
    RIMM
    $17.51

Read more: Research in Motion Limited Pre-Market Trading - NASDAQ.com
    01-22-13 03:16 AM
    Lets also not forget that Prem being the savvy investor that he has his shares restricted from being sold short. I'm sure all the major long holders are doing this as well. The short interest is then more like 40% of what is actually available for trade. I'm really asking myself what in the world do these shorts know that has yet to be uncovered. If they're wrong the pain is going to be crazy for them.
    This is one of the comments at Seeking Alpha. In my view, he made a good point, especially since Watsa claimed he avoided stocks despite hedging losses back in October '12:

(by Oldtimer125)

"Is it possible that a significant portion of the short position is a dollar neutral hedge with a long position offsetting the short position? For the nominal cost of putting on the position, with the votes attached to the long side of the hedge, it would be like an option on making an early hostile bid for RIMM with a large portion of the votes already locked up (A recent example is is Mason Capital from New York, who put on a dollar neutral hedge to control 19% of the votes in A Canadian Telco, Telus, so they could control the voting). Rationally, such a large naked short position doesn't make sense. It could be that a dollar neutral hedge position has been put on for an option on putting RIMM in play, if BB 10 sales go viral, and more importantly, for the HUGE global business opportunity that M2M offers. M2M is over a $trillion dollar business opportunity over the next decade, with over 50 billion M2M builds and installs predicted. If this is the case, there will be no short squeeze and RIMM likely won't be around long, but gone at a much higher share price. If not, the shorts are going to have to pay up. Either way, I am staying long."
    01-22-13 03:44 AM
    Guys, that's it ... put your anti-G suit on, lower the visor and ... good luck or enjoy the movie !!!
    52wk high broken in pre-market.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-22-13 03:59 AM
    ScotiaBank in Canada raises RIM rating to "sector outperform".....clear to launch
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-22-13 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Grammer
    01-22-13 06:21 AM
    Nasdaq premarket showing $16.95, but TSX premarket is showing $18.27...If I was a betting man I would say the TSX will drop, but who knows with this stock!
    01-22-13 06:46 AM
113,251 ... 8990919293 ...