View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Maybe Samsung is planning on licensing BB10?
    I don't see it happening unless RIM takes back a massive amount of marketshare. Samsung has its own operating system that they're focusing on to move away from their reliance on Google's Android.

If anything RIM might see interest from companies such as HTC that haven't seen much success competing with Samsung in the battle for Android marketshare.
    01-21-13 01:04 PM
    Wanna help squeeze the shorts??? Put in a sell order at $30.00 good till ??the future. Your broker will have to take these shares out of the pool of shares available to loan to short sellers. Doesn't cost anything - but watch it - if it squeezes past $30 you'll get sold out early.
    I like that Samsung released an advertisement attacking BlackBerry users. That says a lot when a company with such a large marketshare is worried about little old RIM
    Made Samsung look childish and gave Blackberry eyeballs on Samsung's dime, two birds .......
    You do realize that the NASDAQ price opens on the TSX close today, adjusted for currency conversion, right?

Pair that with shorts needing to cover and you have a recipe for an extremely volatile, and profitable day.
    I wonder how many of these outstanding shorts have been short in the last 52wks. All of them are under water right now...you'd imagine there's gonna be a lot of people covering this week. Should be a good rally I'd imagine.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-21-13 01:05 PM
    Any reason for the stock to be up 17% percent today? That's huge

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 01:06 PM
    Wanna help squeeze the shorts??? Put in a sell order at $30.00 good till ??the future. Your broker will have to take these shares out of the pool of shares available to loan to short sellers. Doesn't cost anything - but watch it - if it squeezes past $30 you'll get sold out early.
    Lol, ask for physical certs.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-21-13 01:07 PM
    The potential for a squeeze is the only thing keeping me from selling right now. If this thing squeezes this week .....Oh dear Lord, this could get fun!
    You do realize that the NASDAQ price opens on the TSX close today, adjusted for currency conversion, right?

Pair that with shorts needing to cover and you have a recipe for an extremely volatile, and profitable day.
    my comment had nothing to do with the nasdaq. just simply the way RIM seems to run hot on monday, cool tuesday and wednesday and warm to a boil on thursday and friday.
    Any reason for the stock to be up 17% percent today? That's huge

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    Cause Thor and Blackberry employees and devs have been working their butts off for months on end, some working weekends, Xmas break etc to bring a winning BB10.
    Superfly_FR and zyben like this.
    01-21-13 01:13 PM
    This is not a short squeeze of any large magnitude. Only 9 million volume as of right now on the TSX. I have a feeling the short squeeze is going to be very obvious.
    Perhaps not a short squeeze of a large magnitude, but it could very well be a minor short squeeze. Especially since the short interest as well as the average volume on the Canadian RIM stock is much lower. We have already exceed average daily volume of 50% and there's still 2 hours of trading left.
    fedakd and morganplus8 like this.
    01-21-13 01:14 PM
    Perhaps not a short squeeze of a large magnitude, but it could very well be a minor short squeeze. Especially since the short interest as well as the average volume on the Canadian RIM stock is much lower. We have already exceed average daily volume of 50% and there's still 2 hours of trading left.
    What's a squeeze?
    01-21-13 01:15 PM
    bouncing between $18.20 and $17.85 within minutes.
    goodluck timing that...haha
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-13 01:18 PM
    This is not a short squeeze of any large magnitude. Only 9 million volume as of right now on the TSX. I have a feeling the short squeeze is going to be very obvious.
    Another 7 million shares have traded on the Alpha exchange as well today.
    01-21-13 01:19 PM
    How come the short interest report on RIMM (and others I guess) haven't been reported for January yet? It's supposed to be twice monthly.

Settlement Date Short Interest Avg Daily Share Volume Days To Cover
    12/31/2012 137,065,866 51,326,252 2.670483

Research in Motion Limited (RIMM) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    01-21-13 01:22 PM
    How come the short interest report on RIMM (and others I guess) haven't been reported for January yet? It's supposed to be twice monthly.

Settlement Date Short Interest Avg Daily Share Volume Days To Cover
    12/31/2012 137,065,866 51,326,252 2.670483

Research in Motion Limited (RIMM) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    They are reported roughly 10 days or so after the settlement date. So for Jan 15 numbers, they will be reported in a few days.
    InWithTheNew and q649 like this.
    01-21-13 01:28 PM
    Hey all - who here would be interested in me making a poll so that we can see how much of RIM Crackberry.com members own?

I am really curious to see how many shares we cumulatively have after seeing how much attention this thread has received. I would do this on a 3rd party polling site so that its anonymous, furthermore the lurkers can also participate?
    01-21-13 01:41 PM
    Hey all - who here would be interested in me making a poll so that we can see how much of RIM Crackberry.com members own?

I am really curious to see how many shares we cumulatively have after seeing how much attention this thread has received. I would do this on a 3rd party polling site so that its anonymous, furthermore the lurkers can also participate?
    That would be the type of "info" shorts and market makers and "professional posters" would love to have, no thanks! It's nobody's business how much float Crackberry.com posters hold, it only invites games with postings meant to play with sentiment etc , I sincerely advise all NOT to participate in any such poll.

No disrespect nukemango, I know you meant well.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-21-13 at 02:04 PM.
    01-21-13 01:47 PM
    this is tech earning week in the US. Google IBM and Apple will all be reporting this week. so RIM shares will have an interesting background to play against. if the other tech firms all report solid earnings that should boost rim (rising tide) too!
    It's win win for RIM. It would be either Rising Tide or Appl/Google is not performing and RIM is provided a good opportunity to move in.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-21-13 01:53 PM
    It's win win for RIM. It would be either Rising Tide or Appl/Google is not performing and RIM is provided a good opportunity to move in.
    Especially Apple, if they underwhelm the market Rim's stock is going to pop.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-21-13 02:01 PM
    That would be the type of "info" shorts and market makers and "professional posters" would love to have, no thanks! It's nobody's business how much float Crackberry.com posters hold, it only invites games with postings meant to play with sentiment etc , I sincerely advise all NOT to participate in any such poll.
    Good point. However if anyone is investing based on a random anonymous poll on the internet with no method of verification would be a dummie.

The poll on the top of this thread could also be a basis to estimate for how much of an interest members of this website have. Either way, forget the poll - you do make a valid point that I really didn't consider. Plus I'm lazy. lol
    01-21-13 02:08 PM
    Dropping steadily now. Just hit 17.38 and popped up to 17.44.

Will probably close low 17s. No complaints here!
    01-21-13 02:12 PM
    Dropping steadily now. Just hit 17.38 and popped up to 17.44.

Will probably close low 17s. No complaints here!
    It's all over the place.... back up to $17.75.... pretty big jumps and tumbles happenting.
    01-21-13 02:15 PM
    It's all over the place.... back up to $17.75.... pretty big jumps and tumbles happenting.
    You're probably watching delayed quotes.
    01-21-13 02:20 PM
    Sadly I sold half my options today at $16.75. More than doubled my money but it still hurts to leave money on the table.
    01-21-13 02:21 PM
    I should have bought 1000 at 6$ not only 100

Oh well i'm gonna ride my 100 shares until at least a month after BB10 launch. They wouldn't be able to fall fast enough for me to not make a profit at this price
    01-21-13 02:23 PM
113,256 ... 8788899091 ...