View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    1 penny short of tying the 52 week.

Google finance is still only showing a high of 17.98.

It's on the way back up now.
    01-21-13 12:35 PM
    BB10 Launch: Large Step For RIM, Small Step To Regain Market Share - Seeking Alpha Jan.21.2013
    ________

Bout time,lol.
    01-21-13 12:36 PM
    New 52 week average!

Still climbing!
    01-21-13 12:37 PM
    Just tripled off it's low!

$18.49!
    01-21-13 12:39 PM
    THey always do this on US holidays!!!
    01-21-13 12:41 PM
    As much as I like a good rally. Rallying on no news is not a good kind of rally.
    And no, news that RIM might sell its hardware business or it might license BB10 is not news. We knew that for quite some time now.

Never the less, it's going to make my friend think I'm a psychic. She bought RIMM back when it was $60 then $40, then $30. Last week when RIMM was at $13 I told her, RIMM is going to be up to $20 within 2 weeks. She's like, no more, no more. lol
    01-21-13 12:43 PM
    what happens tomorrow? back down to $16's?
    01-21-13 12:43 PM
    Hmmmm... Tempting to sell into a short-term dip... Got kinda burned the last time I did that, tho...
    01-21-13 12:47 PM
    RIM shares are moving so quickly that some media outlets have stopped reporting the percentage increase. The header originally said 7%.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-surge.jpg  
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    01-21-13 12:47 PM
    RIM is not selling hardware business, read interview. CEO says that we want to get bb10 out and we will see about lic. options and review.
    01-21-13 12:48 PM
    i think this is a preview of what the stock will do this week. it will go back down tomorrow ( or later today ) and be back up to these levels by week's end.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-21-13 12:49 PM
    Sweet justice!

RIM shares are moving so quickly that some media outlets have stopped reporting the percentage increase. The header originally said 7%.
    01-21-13 12:50 PM
    Hmmmm... Tempting to sell into a short-term dip... Got kinda burned the last time I did that, tho...
    I'm sitting here staring at the price thinking and thinking and thinking about that too, at least for a portion. There hasn't been any news though, all there really is today is a tight market. Makes you think without the liquidity added by people shorting, the price has nowhere to go but up.... Could make tomorrow an interesting day for shorts, a lot of stops are going to be triggered right at the open.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-21-13 12:52 PM
    I'm not greedy. Even if I was certain it would drop tomorrow I wouldn't sell just to make a few quick bucks.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    I'm sooooo tempted as well but since I can't say for sure that I'll have the time to pay attention as to when to buy back in, I'm just going to hold, as over the next weeks/months/year, it will go above and beyone this step anyway...... at least that's what I'm expecting.
    croman and Acumenight like this.
    Expect the squeeze.
    01-21-13 12:53 PM
    this is tech earning week in the US. Google IBM and Apple will all be reporting this week. so RIM shares will have an interesting background to play against. if the other tech firms all report solid earnings that should boost rim (rising tide) too!
    01-21-13 12:53 PM
    Great Monday. I'll be happy if RIM closes above $18 by Friday...that was my originally expectation of this week anyway. Everything else is gravy!

I'm not going to bother playing the dips right now...this stock is too wild. Just gonna sit on my hands and wait.
    Acumenight and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-21-13 12:56 PM
    this is tech earning week in the US. Google IBM and Apple will all be reporting this week. so RIM shares will have an interesting background to play against. if the other tech firms all report solid earnings that should boost rim (rising tide) too!
    Google issued a warning today. Earnings below street expectations.
    01-21-13 12:56 PM
    from wikipedia...
    Short squeeze is a rapid increase in the price of a stock that occurs when there is a lack of supply and an excess of demand for the stock.[1]
    Short squeezes result when short sellers cover their positions on a stock. This can occur if the price has risen to a point where short sellers must make margin calls, or more loosely if short sellers simply decide to cut their losses and get out. This may happen in an automated manner for example if the short sellers had previously placed stop-loss orders with their brokers to prepare for this possibility. Since covering their positions involves buying shares, the short squeeze causes an ever further rise in the stock's price, which in turn may trigger additional margin calls and short covering.
    Short squeezes are more likely to occur in stocks with small market capitalization and small floats, although can involve large stocks and billions of dollars, as happened in October 2008 when a short squeeze temporarily drove the shares of Volkswagen on the Xetra DAX from €210.85 to over €1000 in less than two days, briefly making it the most valuable company in the world.[2][3]

so if this is not the start of the short squeeze then what are we looking forward to this week?
    coldsword likes this.
    01-21-13 12:58 PM
    I like that Samsung released an advertisement attacking BlackBerry users. That says a lot when a company with such a large marketshare is worried about little old RIM
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-21-13 12:59 PM
    just crunching some numbers ; to sell at $18.50 and jump back in at $17.50 only increases my holding by 140 shares. not really worth the risk, incase i sell and the price continues upwards.
    nukemango likes this.
    01-21-13 12:59 PM
    This is not a short squeeze of any large magnitude. Only 9 million volume as of right now on the TSX. I have a feeling the short squeeze is going to be very obvious.
    morganplus8 and Acumenight like this.
    01-21-13 01:00 PM
    I like that Samsung released an advertisement attacking BlackBerry users. That says a lot when a company with such a large marketshare is worried about little old RIM
    Maybe Samsung is planning on licensing BB10?

I like that the value is currently hovering around $18.10 - $18.30.

This stock has tripled in value in less than 4 months.
    01-21-13 01:01 PM
    You do realize that the NASDAQ price opens on the TSX close today, adjusted for currency conversion, right?

Pair that with shorts needing to cover and you have a recipe for an extremely volatile, and profitable day.

i think this is a preview of what the stock will do this week. it will go back down tomorrow ( or later today ) and be back up to these levels by week's end.
    01-21-13 01:04 PM
113,256 ... 8687888990 ...