View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    omg!! Sell sell sell!!
    Saw the same thing this morning...I wonder how many short sellers collapsed upon seeing that for real time quotes on www.nasdaq.com...
    01-20-13 06:15 AM
    Saw the same thing this morning...I wonder how many short sellers collapsed upon seeing that for real time quotes on www.nasdaq.com...
    ha ! was fun ... lol
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-20-13 09:07 AM
    Business Day PM : January 18, 2013

What I found interesting was that through a joke he was telling the truth that hedge funds who are short were calling him to yell and call him names about ungrading RIM. He also pointed out these hedge funds could suffer serious losses of 40-50% or greater. I don't think any short covering has happened yet and I'm willing to bet the numbers have even gone higher.
    01-20-13 10:13 AM
    METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR TRACKING COUNTERFEIT PARTS IN APPLIANCES - RIM

I see so much M2M on the horizon.
    01-20-13 12:20 PM
    Anybody ever over-scroll while surfing? What to do with that dead space (over-scroll). Wonder if RIM has a freek'in BRILLIANT rev generating idea for that.

WOOT WOOT!
    01-20-13 12:46 PM
    Business Day PM : January 18, 2013

What I found interesting was that through a joke he was telling the truth that hedge funds who are short were calling him to yell and call him names about ungrading RIM. He also pointed out these hedge funds could suffer serious losses of 40-50% or greater. I don't think any short covering has happened yet and I'm willing to bet the numbers have even gone higher.
    Positive news for RIM, but I was a little surprised at his statement regarding RIM's other values. I am not in the tech business, but given RIM's core technologies, even if RIM completely gives up on consumer phones would they not be still well positioned to dominate human-machine and machine-machine interfaces, such as cars, industrial devices, appliances, etc? Wouldn't that worth more than the solution for BYOD trends that he mentioned?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-20-13 12:57 PM
    ^^agree^^...
    416to604 likes this.
    01-20-13 01:11 PM
    SF/ATL about to start, OILERS first game tonight and RIM is going to break a 52 week high this week....life is great!!
    01-20-13 01:14 PM
    Whats the projections for next week, Prophet?
    01-20-13 05:58 PM
    Positive news for RIM, but I was a little surprised at his statement regarding RIM's other values. I am not in the tech business, but given RIM's core technologies, even if RIM completely gives up on consumer phones would they not be still well positioned to dominate human-machine and machine-machine interfaces, such as cars, industrial devices, appliances, etc? Wouldn't that worth more than the solution for BYOD trends that he mentioned?
    Do you see what he is doing? Misek is leaving the upgrading door wide open. If and when the consumers start buying more phones or MDM or whatever is not in his current forecast Misek will have to smile comeback on tv and tell the world he is upgrading rim shares because of .............. .
    01-20-13 06:04 PM
    I posted in General Discussion. I'm a US shareholder with Fidelity. I own a few shares from RIMM and plan to buy more in a week if the price isn't too high.

I bought 50 shares in November. Sold no. Received no dividends. Should I wait for a notification telling me if I need to include this in my taxes?
    01-20-13 06:05 PM
    Be careful, Misek might have set a trap. By upgrading, people will buy in into the stock to boost the price, then once Jan 30th passes Misek will downgrade the stock saying that the phone didn't meet their expectations. This is not the first time he's done this. If you're looking to buy RIM shares, it might be wise to wait for a pullback. There will be one, I guarantee it.
    01-20-13 06:09 PM
    Rimm is still affordable at this moment, next week it may not be.
    01-20-13 06:14 PM
    Be careful, Misek might have set a trap. By upgrading, people will buy in into the stock to boost the price, then once Jan 30th passes Misek will downgrade the stock saying that the phone didn't meet their expectations. This is not the first time he's done this. If you're looking to buy RIM shares, it might be wise to wait for a pullback. There will be one, I guarantee it.
    That's a possibility, the guy is definitely tricky.
    But he could be caught at his own game too ...
    coldsword likes this.
    01-20-13 06:18 PM
    Hmm.. how much pull back are you expecting? I mean, today's price is $15.84. Now, by launch, let's say it goes up to $19.5. If there is a pull back after that, it might only be a small pull back like $1 or $ 2. In that case, price (even after pullback) will still be $17.5 or $18.5. So, today's price ($15.84) is probably still better if you are only expecting a 10-15% pull back.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-20-13 06:32 PM
    WOW. Seeing that was shot of adrenaline. It's showing with a high of teh dau of $35.03. Anyone try to figure out which stock actually closed at $34.93, with a high of day of $35.03. I have to go see how many shares I actually have.
    01-20-13 06:38 PM
    Last time the stock retreated, we lost 25% over course of two days. I could see that happening again. If we were at $19 on Jan 30th, that would put it back in low $14s.

There's still two weeks before the unveiling, the stock had a massive rally that left a few gaps. It's very much possible that the stock will drop well below $15 before the announcement. There's still a lot of downward pressure on the price, Misek's upgrade should have easily resulted in 10%+ rally as he's one of the most influential RIM analysts. There was a LOT of selling going on Friday, we couldn't even hit $16 during the trading day. Price also depends on how aggressively the shorts will start covering and when that will happen.

This of course is all speculation, I just don't trust analysts. Has anyone noticed how as of January, pretty much everyone suddenly turned sentiment around? All the way till end of December everyone was saying how RIM is "too little, too late". Now I don't remember the last time I heard that phrase.

In long term the trend is definitely going up, but don't be surprised to see few more major sell-offs.

Hmm.. how much pull back are you expecting? I mean, today's price is $15.84. Now, by launch, let's say it goes up to $19.5. If there is a pull back after that, it might only be a small pull back like $1 or $ 2. In that case, price (even after pullback) will still be $17.5 or $18.5. So, today's price ($15.84) is probably still better if you are only expecting a 10-15% pull back.
    01-20-13 07:02 PM
    Last time the stock retreated, we lost 25% over course of two days. I could see that happening again. If we were at $19 on Jan 30th, that would put it back in low $14s.

There's still two weeks before the unveiling, the stock had a massive rally that left a few gaps. It's very much possible that the stock will drop well below $15 before the announcement. There's still a lot of downward pressure on the price, Misek's upgrade should have easily resulted in 10%+ rally as he's one of the most influential RIM analysts. There was a LOT of selling going on Friday, we couldn't even hit $16 during the trading day. Price also depends on how aggressively the shorts will start covering and when that will happen.

This of course is all speculation, I just don't trust analysts. Has anyone noticed how as of January, pretty much everyone suddenly turned sentiment around? All the way till end of December everyone was saying how RIM is "too little, too late". Now I don't remember the last time I heard that phrase.

In long term the trend is definitely going up, but don't be surprised to see few more major sell-offs.
    I kind of get mixed messages from your postings. I get that you sold of in anticipation of a pullup that never happened. Then you say that you sold your whole position into strength on Friday, or maybe it was another poster. I'm too lazy to go back and check. Now you're calling for a pullback stating that Misek may be potentially setting a trap. While I understand that in the market you can't get too emotional I don't think that anyone holding at these levels should be that worried. Everyone wants a better price. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't.

In terms of Misek setting a trap, who knows. What I do know is that he set a 30% chance of success and that to me gives him a excuse if his projections go bad. We're all here excited about the release. My friends get tired of me telling them about it. I guarantee though that when they see it in person or see more on TV they're going to take a second look and say "oh snap, that's the phone my friends been talking about."

Anyways, not trying to call anyone out especially being that I don't post much on here. Just want to suggest that when it comes to money and stocks that some opinions may be a mixed agenda. Long Live RIMPIRE !!!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-20-13 07:24 PM
    I have two separate blocks of shares, ones I keep as long term investment until at least 2014. The other I use to trade. My trading sentiment on the stock has changed when we saw a huge rally for seemingly no reason on Jan 11th and Jan 14th followed by a lot of attempts at keeping the stock down. There's some big purses attempting to steer the stock, I'd like to avoid my money getting caught up in it if I can. My goal with RIM stock is to increase my position without having to spend additional cash, that's all. I'd rather err on the side of caution, especially when the stock is bound to be more volatile.

I kind of get mixed messages from your postings. I get that you sold of in anticipation of a pullup that never happened. Then you say that you sold your whole position into strength on Friday, or maybe it was another poster. I'm too lazy to go back and check. Now you're calling for a pullback stating that Misek may be potentially setting a trap. While I understand that in the market you can't get too emotional I don't think that anyone holding at these levels should be that worried. Everyone wants a better price. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't.

In terms of Misek setting a trap, who knows. What I do know is that he set a 30% chance of success and that to me gives him a excuse if his projections go bad. We're all here excited about the release. My friends get tired of me telling them about it. I guarantee though that when they see it in person or see more on TV they're going to take a second look and say "oh snap, that's the phone my friends been talking about."

Anyways, not trying to call anyone out especially being that I don't post much on here. Just want to suggest that when it comes to money and stocks that some opinions may be a mixed agenda. Long Live RIMPIRE !!!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-20-13 07:39 PM
    What I find very interesting is that Misek said the hedge funds that are short are in pain. When there is blood in the streets sharks will attack. If the 40-50% is true then the party will get very interesting.
    01-20-13 08:04 PM
    My personal belief is that there will be significant and steady pressure to keep price fairly low...after first quarter results (May I think) not even the institutional hedge funds will be able to contain the pressure....it will be an EPIC short squeeze like non in recent memory. Just my gut feeling...nothing scientifically deduced or studied...time will tell.
    01-20-13 08:51 PM
    i am now the proud owner of 1250 RIM shares i own part of the company
    01-20-13 09:35 PM
    This RIM run has shaken out alot of traders who were looking for a pull back only to see the SP march higher. Now these traders are looking to jump back in as they know the SP is going much higher.With 137,000,000 shares short or 30% of the shares outstanding where are these investors going to find buyers at these low Sp levels? Prem and the other insiders hold alot of shares leaving very little share for shorts to cover.
    01-20-13 09:37 PM
    There will be small pullback but it will not be less than $15. Peter has always been bashing rim and even in the last bnn vid he kinda did about MDM. It is good news that hedgies are calling his firm about the upgrade, if it's truth then it should be $20 by the end of this week as the short interest might have increased until Thursday. I can not wait for the latest short interest ending at dec 15. Does anyone have this information.
    My biggest surprise that he upgraded the stock and does not know that RIM has been offering the solution to manage iOS and Anroid for long time so what the **** he is talking about by email for other platform. Is he on drugs? Unless RIM has some surprise in the in the store. The current fusion product manage all 3 platforms and BES10 whic is coming out in few months will manage all OLD BBs, BB10, iOS and Anroid so one product for all.
    01-20-13 10:01 PM
    Last time the stock retreated, we lost 25% over course of two days. I could see that happening again. If we were at $19 on Jan 30th, that would put it back in low $14s..
    Not a chance , that chit worked Dec 20 - Dec 24 and it was a huge fraud, others have seen that game and are wise to it. Way too much momo/goodwill etc to pull that chit off again. Media and many more eyeballs watching tuned into reality now, no turning back, shorts will get rightfully fried. The recent moves up hardly make up for where we should have been had the shorts and "certain" shall we say less than honest folk not pulled the Dec 20 -Dec 24 fraud!

Misek doing a setup, that's total BS, he can't, unless he can regulate how well Blackberry does going forward, out of his control now, good thing,lol.
    fedakd likes this.
    01-20-13 10:02 PM
113,256 ... 8182838485 ...