View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just don't see that happening, yet it can't be discounted 100%. I would think something more in line witha "social" search engine of some sort to leverage their content.

I was on yahoo and someone posted this "I see facebook coming with a phone...with RIMM....remember RIMM had two phones for the FCC , one secret phone...you will know soon...If it's a Facebook RIMM phone (like a licence deal) ...RIMM is at 16$ tonight"

Remember this Unknown BlackBerry 10 devices hits the FCC with LTE support in tow, likely the Z10 | MobileSyrup.com ? Could it be?
    joe.miller and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-15-13 10:01 AM
    Sorry....don't see it, if this is the case I'm feeling a negative price effect. FB is nothing but Google on steroids when it comes to invasion of privacy.
    I see it as polarized...see what happens.
    01-15-13 10:01 AM
    That's the thing, the "privacy" issue/s don't have synergy with RIM "security" , it would be. Pr nightmare imo.
    Sorry....don't see it, if this is the case I'm feeling a negative price effect. FB is nothing but Google on steroids when it comes to invasion of privacy.
    I see it as polarized...see what happens.
    01-15-13 10:07 AM
    Man, it is HARD riding RIMM. I promised myself I'll stop trading it at least until Jan 30th so I didn't take profit before end of day yesterday, knowing full well that there'd be a pullback today. Now I know how the long term investors feel

She'll bounce though, don't panic.
    01-15-13 10:16 AM
    Now I know how the long term investors feel
    [...]
    Long term is slow tempo, isn't it ?
    01-15-13 10:19 AM
    i was hoping for it to break $14 before buying back more, but I may not have that chance!
    01-15-13 10:25 AM
    Man, it is HARD riding RIMM. I promised myself I'll stop trading it at least until Jan 30th so I didn't take profit before end of day yesterday, knowing full well that there'd be a pullback today. Now I know how the long term investors feel

I gave up trying to be a trader and I'm just riding it to the top. I make a terrible trader.
    First I made the mistake back in November to sell on a pull back but it immediately jumped up much higher and I missed the entry point.
    I then waited thinking it would drop pre-earnings, but it kept going up. I then said I'll buy some pre earnings and some post earnings. Ended up dumping my money in the day of the earnings and then it dropped a rock. I haven't touched it since. I need to actually learn how to trade stocks and look at technicals and what not. lol I'm flying half blind here!! Though the one guideline is that shiny black backing of the BB10 phone on the horizon. You know, that promo photo that is plastered on all major carrier and store website.
    01-15-13 10:30 AM
    It's all gonna be ok, just imagine when the final versions are shown and these things hit stores...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb.jpg
    01-15-13 10:42 AM
    i was hoping for it to break $14 before buying back more, but I may not have that chance!
    I just added a few more shares at $14.40.
    01-15-13 11:07 AM
    I gave up trying to be a trader and I'm just riding it to the top. I make a terrible trader.
    First I made the mistake back in November to sell on a pull back but it immediately jumped up much higher and I missed the entry point.
    I then waited thinking it would drop pre-earnings, but it kept going up. I then said I'll buy some pre earnings and some post earnings. Ended up dumping my money in the day of the earnings and then it dropped a rock. I haven't touched it since. I need to actually learn how to trade stocks and look at technicals and what not. lol I'm flying half blind here!! Though the one guideline is that shiny black backing of the BB10 phone on the horizon. You know, that promo photo that is plastered on all major carrier and store website.
    Take it as a co-rookie advice. Whatever price you pay (paid) under $15 is good enough for a reasonable risk/reward ratio in a long term investment strategy.
    Once again, my take, nothing scientific here.
    01-15-13 11:14 AM
    Finger wet, facing the wind ... (note the question mark and the fat thickness, please).

EDIT (2013-01-16) : Proved wrong. Ended $14.48 (A.H : 14.46). Wet finger is NOT an accurate tool for finance
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-16-13 at 01:07 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-15-13 11:17 AM
    I did same..almost sold some yesterday but that greed..lol..No worries..$17 is being printed. The delivery driver got drunk so little late..
    01-15-13 11:19 AM
    I've been tempted to trade too but I didn't for this very reason. While the earning call was going on, it hit $15 and I was tempted to sell. If I had, I could have bought so much for just an hour later! Yesterday, I was tempted to sell but I didn't. If I had, I could have bought a few more on the dip today. Playing on the swings is a very good way to increase your stock-pile (so to speak) of RIM shares but I worry that I might lose a good entry point. So, I am just staying put. I get elated when price rises and feel down when it dips but overall I am not trading at all. The ride, sure, is very rough. High volatility in RIM, though, is making me bipolar!
    01-15-13 11:24 AM
    I've tried swing trading RIMM and mis-gauged most of the swings. More than once I sold low and bought high...

I'm getting better at seeing where it's going with other stocks , but RIMM is to volatile for me at my current neophyte level -- so I think I'll restrict my swing plays to other stocks and just stay long on this one
    lewcat likes this.
    01-15-13 11:39 AM
    it is very hard to time RIM shares.
    i've been watching it for many months and still can't figure it out. when i think it will dip, it goes up, and when it is going up, it suddenly falls back down just as fast as it went up.
    01-15-13 11:46 AM
    thunder,
    I was gonna sell yesterday in that last half hour, but was hoping it wouldn't dip right away this morning, maybe it would ride a little higher before i sold and then buy back after it dipped a little. Instead rimm just went down and down and down. but its coming back up now. The fear is that it hits $15 and i sell but it takes off, then i got to buy it again at a higher price. I can't just hold long trying to fish the little bumps in the road. playing 2850 shares. every little bit of profit counts.
    01-15-13 12:24 PM
    I was twitching to sell on the high yesterday too, and buy back during weakness. But - you do not know how investors feel. Investors don't feel they missed out, as they KNOW they'd be walking around with a pocket full of cash in a year from now

01-15-13 12:46 PM
    Congrats on the ride and pop up for those involved! Today's small drop is very healthy and what you would want and expect to see, its a very positive long term sign. Remember even most pros don't try to time the market, if its hard for them to do us piddling investors shouldn't try to do it either. Better to leave a few bucks on the table than to get eaten whole being too greedy. Market timing is almost always a loser. Enjoy the ride and your profits! Lock them in if you need the $$, let 'em ride if you don't
    01-15-13 12:57 PM
    it is very hard to time RIM shares.
    i've been watching it for many months and still can't figure it out. when i think it will dip, it goes up, and when it is going up, it suddenly falls back down just as fast as it went up.
    One thing I caught onto last December was that RIMM would dip, pretty much every single day at 10-10:30am up to around lunch time.
    Haven't been checking to see if the trend has continued or not, but it was such a sure thing and it net me the days low entry point on earnings day. Unfortunately, it tanked the following day. lol
    01-15-13 01:26 PM
    if the price keeps dropping, i may have to buy another $10,000 - $20,000 worth. stock up before the big launch.

now that the rumours of a Facebook phone are dead, how will this affect RIM stock?
    i wonder if the rumour played a part in the end of RIM's rally?
    Last edited by drummer_god; 01-15-13 at 03:04 PM.
    01-15-13 02:44 PM
    I'm betting on an opening drop tomorrow, with a quick recovery and then a flat-to marginally higher close.

Let's be honest here, there is no 'investing' going on with this stock....it is pure gambling! (nothing wrong with that if you can afford to lose it!)
    01-15-13 03:03 PM
    Not really much of a gamble if you've been following the development of the platform.
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-15-13 03:35 PM
    I'm betting on an opening drop tomorrow, with a quick recovery and then a flat-to marginally higher close.

Let's be honest here, there is no 'investing' going on with this stock....it is pure gambling! (nothing wrong with that if you can afford to lose it!)
    I have done some risky businesses (started my first business at 15, which is till operating), but I have never gambled. I see RIMM as an investment with some risk
    nukemango likes this.
    01-15-13 03:49 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just sit and hold RIMM ... don't sweat the short term ups and downs ... quite normal ... this stock will be over $20 by February 1st!......... BB10 is THAT good!
    01-15-13 05:36 PM
    Added more today on pull back..Just like RIM do or die
    01-15-13 08:17 PM
113,256 ... 7071727374 ...