View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I came very close to selling few thousand shares when it bounced off the $15 resistance first time. Already had my finger on the "Sell" button.

But screw it, gonna ride this one now. Playing some penny stocks in the meantime.

Well, I doubt there'll be any major annoucement between now and January 30th.

If only we could tell the future, eh?
    01-14-13 01:23 PM
    I'll bet ya a keg of Heineken.
    Well, I doubt there'll be any major annoucement between now and January 30th.

If only we could tell the future, eh?
    01-14-13 01:24 PM
    Have you read this ? http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-matter-762344
    Could this noise bring some new perspective to investors ?
    01-14-13 01:26 PM
    My gut was wrong. Definite lull in activity right now. The move might happen before close, but who knows?

Either way, RIM is certainly movin' on up.
    01-14-13 01:50 PM
    I'll bet ya a keg of Heineken.
    Alright! But I want a bottle of Smirnoff instead of a keg of Heineken.
    01-14-13 02:10 PM
    Buying it at anything below $15 should net you a nice return come the 30th. I feel that major gains will come around Q2-Q3 if you wait it out.

When you think about it, RIM isn't stupid and know that this is their last chance at getting back in the game. Thorsten wouldn't release another product unless he knew it would be at least a decent contender in the market today. Their commitment to app development ($10,000 sales guarantee), plus the compatibility with android gingerbread apps like the Play Book - or better yet maybe Jelly Bean compatibility? shows they have an understanding of what the devices are lacking with mass market consumers and fixing that. Potential Jelly Bean compatibility would be huge for BB10, yes Jelly Bean is speculation however I don't see it being overly far fetched considering current compatibility with Gingerbread.

Combine that with the improvements to the hardware, BBM video chat, BBM voice chat, voice command control (probably being something like siri) and you have the makings of a decent phone with just that alone. This would be a huge improvement in comparison to their existing units and would certainly bring a lot of old consumers back to blackberry.

Their current state of the company overall is also not bad, the company is still doing well overseas and has cash + patents. When they were selling at 6$ a share there was a lot of speculation built in to that price that BB10 would fail and the leadership change didn't do it any favours. Now that BB10 launch is nearing, the speculation is decreasing and the stock is trading around where it should be.

Should the sh!t hit the fan and BB10 is a complete flop, the buyout would probably be around 15$+ per share.

This is my personal opinion but I see a brighter future for RIM ahead. A lot of people that are trading RIM don't have a good understanding of the technology and just look at the financials, number crunch the charts, and respond to news (these are not people like us that dig through forums). If you dig deeper into BB10 and compare it to the old phones + whats out in the market you can see that it would be competitive just with the stuff we currently know from the development phones. BB10 probably wont blow the competition out of the water (maybe it will?) but it will compete and offer old consumers the features they have always wanted out of their blackberry. I think RIM at around 15$ is a safe buy.

Just my 2 cents.
    01-14-13 02:21 PM
    Mexican standoff for the moment, love when this happens,lol.
    01-14-13 02:32 PM
    I cant stop thinking that this Facebook announcement tommrorow has something to do with RIMM.
    morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    01-14-13 02:33 PM
    ...... And the duel is on
    01-14-13 02:37 PM
    Off by a whole hour.
    01-14-13 02:39 PM
    With a swift uppercut TeanBlackberry gives Rabid skunk a delirious blow .......
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-14-13 02:41 PM
    Wow... punching upward again.
    01-14-13 02:41 PM
    Rabid skunk is retreating with TeamBlackberry hot on it's heels, ready to deliver a crushing blow to the body ...
    01-14-13 02:42 PM
    The pressure is on.
    01-14-13 02:44 PM
    just sold half of my holdings @ $14.70 ish....if it dips tomorrow, I'm jumping back in!
    01-14-13 02:59 PM
    That was fun,lol.

Close on a high note!
    01-14-13 02:59 PM
    Definitely huge pressure at $15. Personally I expect profit taking tomorrow as 25% in 2 days is just too lucrative and could be a while before we punch through that $15 resistance.
    01-14-13 03:10 PM
    From right now

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim.jpg
    lewcat and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-14-13 03:11 PM
    Definitely huge pressure at $15. Personally I expect profit taking tomorrow as 25% in 2 days is just too lucrative and could be a while before we punch through that $15 resistance.
    Agree whole hearted...but one never know.
    01-14-13 03:28 PM
    I was expecting profit taking at the end of today, but instead it went up a bit before the close. So who knows.
    01-14-13 03:33 PM
    52 week high on nasdaq is 17.96. Will we hit it this week?
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-14-13 03:37 PM
    I am hanging in at least until next ER. But I am not a trader, so probably not the best strategy.
    01-14-13 04:06 PM
    I am hanging in at least until next ER. But I am not a trader, so probably not the best strategy.
    I think the fact that you're not a trader, your choice is the best strategy for you. I'm in the same boat. Theoretically I could continue to watch, sell high, wait for the drop and buy lower, but since I really don't know what I'm doing, and the stock is climbing, and will continue to do so, holding is the smart thing for folks like you and me. Now of course, in theory, it could drop drastically and we both could be out some money, but those are the risks we signed up for when we bought the stock to begin with.
    01-14-13 04:13 PM
    It's actually a great strategy, by not trading your don't have to worry about missing an entry or exit point, all you care about is long term growth. I just use the swings to make a little bit of extra dough.

01-14-13 04:13 PM
    I'm watching the chart like a football game ... "the defense bends but does not break" is what I have in mind.
    lol, indeed.

"Ohhh, ohhh, ohhhh, and it scoresss!! It broke 15!!!"
    01-14-13 04:57 PM
113,256 ... 6869707172 ...