View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If you look at BthunderW's last post, BMO is around 10th on that list so there's no doubt they are heavy investors. For them to randomly say "sell" today is probably BS with literally no news (unless they know something that nobody else knows). Unsure if they really "sold" today or bought more. More than likely held or bought.
    01-11-13 12:25 PM
    $13.26*1.3411.24%
    *Data as of 1/11/2013 1:39:53 PM *|** *Real Time *|*Research in Motion Limited

BMO says RIM were not at CES,lol.
    Same analyst has very bad track record.

Market speaks and says FU, we know better,lol.
    01-11-13 12:44 PM
    My theory why the stock is going up is because all the major carriers are on board, and the last couple of weeks everyone is trending to say how nice the betas or test samples are flowing. Makes one think this is very potentially a winner. I just hope RIMM advertises the hardest they ever have in their life come Jan 30. Also it wouldn't hurt to say how QNX is out of this world literally, didn't they do some OS or software for the mars rover? They can also add in astonishing tribes visuals. The only ones that can really screw this up would be the old CEO's that have the foot in mouth disease that they were being to pompous towards the end.
    01-11-13 12:49 PM
    Very good analysis ,the BS Vodaphone news helped catch some shorts on the wrong side of a trade also.

Today we celebrate, but be sure to give a "short" a hug, they are in a world of pain!!!

Look at the chart:

Attachment 130927

The shorts tried to knock us down two days ago and failed. We touched the uptrend line and gapped well above it the next day and not only made it clear that the bulls own this play, we closed above the 13-dma for the first time since the sell-off. The only goal left for us was to push the stock above resistance which is the downtrend line formed when the stock collapsed. We did that an hour ago and haven't looked back. This is the first time that the bears are feeling it is all over. They will have to cover and the bulls aren't going to help them out. Look for the stock to fill that gap up to $ 13.50/shr really quickly here. What a great time to own RIMM stock!!! The volume is good, it is Friday which normally means some selling heading into the weekend, but RIM is moving up anyway. Let's see if it can hold onto these gains as the shorts are in huge trouble today heading into the close. Good luck!
    Superfly_FR and spike12 like this.
    01-11-13 12:50 PM
    Hang onto your shares or watch the SP run away. This is not the time to time the market IMO. I am sure people tried to time it and sold after a 5-6% gain only to see RIMM continue running. Nice run today so far. Let's see if it can keep running.
    01-11-13 12:51 PM
    I bought a bunch before lunch.....timing couldn't have been better considering the climb since about noon

I'm in long thou....this should be a fun ride!
    spike12 likes this.
    01-11-13 01:03 PM
    Hang onto your shares or watch the SP run away. This is not the time to time the market IMO. I am sure people tried to time it and sold after a 5-6% gain only to see RIMM continue running. Nice run today so far. Let's see if it can keep running.
    I'm on the $40 + track. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week ... but "later".
    (This is not an advice, this "strategy" is my own, pls do your own research etc.).
    01-11-13 01:04 PM
    I'm on the $40 + track. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week ... but "later".
    (This is not an advice, this "strategy" is my own, pls do your own research etc.).
    So true Super...we have just begun the trek upwards. Getting out now is a lil odd to me....
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-13 01:11 PM
    What did I say about watching the stock dammit. Come back in June
    zyben likes this.
    01-11-13 01:11 PM
    What did I say about watching the stock dammit. Come back in June
    I watch to find points where I should buy more. It makes things more stressful but that's what you have to do to make the most money with the least amount of risk. Well that's my strategy anyway. I'm not a professional.

Example: I'm hoping the stock crashes tomorrow. That would be a great time to dump in more money.
    01-11-13 01:14 PM
    Yeah, not gonna happen.....tomorrow's Saturday

I watch to find points where I should buy more. It makes things more stressful but that's what you have to do to make the most money with the least amount of risk. Well that's my strategy anyway. I'm not a professional.

Example: I'm hoping the stock crashes tomorrow. That would be a great time to dump in more money.
    nukemango and rarsen like this.
    01-11-13 01:18 PM
    So true Super...we have just begun the trek upwards. Getting out now is a lil odd to me....
    Sorry but I have seen RIMM drop like a rock, I will take my winnings and have that warm and fuzzy feeling of cash. Did make a lot of money with RIMM, today and am happy even if it DID go to $14
    01-11-13 01:18 PM
    haha, well. I'm sure you know what I meant. Monday
    01-11-13 01:20 PM
    bthunderw, i can't stop, its like crack, and well it beats watching tv. But i am convinced watching streaming time and sales of rimm stock has got to give you high blood pressure. I can't help but think right now what would i do if the stock went to $100 in the next year. my wife already chimed in and said she wants a $50k ring.
    someone in an earlier post said it was going to pop up in the next few days, thats amazing how their analysis was spot on! The two corrections that have me concerned is a near time dip and what if nasdq corrects? i really can't understand that we are 16 trillion in the hole and the nasdq floats above 3000. if it drops 500 to 1000 points will rimm be more resilient because it is based outside the USA and its products sell in foreign markets?
    01-11-13 01:21 PM
    Sorry but I have seen RIMM drop like a rock, I will take my winnings and have that warm and fuzzy feeling of cash. Did make a lot of money with RIMM, today and am happy even if it DID go to $14
    You can never get upset with making money. I wouldn't want to try and time RIMM at this point in time but like I said making money is always good.
    01-11-13 01:24 PM
    No worries bro...glad you are happy with your gains
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-11-13 01:24 PM
    Most DT's take some off the table, human nature,do what works for YOU.

Some longs drop the $$ and come back much later, some average down, all about risk/reward tolerances of individual investor.

Gawd I miss the Dot.com days when you could toss a dart at near anything and make 10% gains daily,lol. I'm sure BThunderW can relate.
    01-11-13 01:34 PM
    You know what ? I had the worst awful week you can imagine and I did not watch the stock.
    Today's rush made me happy for some hours. I can tell you: it's invaluable to get a smile back on my face, really. I would have paid 10X my investment for that, anytime.
    Anyhow, would it rocket to $20, I won't grab the cash. Just the pleasure to see BMO splat like a dog s**t lol

Conclusion : listen to "daddy" BTW, normally
    BThunderW and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-13 01:35 PM
    You know what ? I had the worst awful week you can imagine and I did not watch the stock.
    Today's rush made me happy for some hours. I can tell you: it's invaluable to get a smile back on my face, really. I would have paid 10X my investment for that, anytime.
    Anyhow, would it rocket to $20, I won't grab the cash. Just the pleasure to see BMO splat like a dog s**t lol

Conclusion : listen to "daddy" BTW, normally
    Hope that the bad week is behind you and that you're feeling happier now.
    Well, your avatar makes me smile every time I see it
    01-11-13 01:47 PM
    How can it jump up around 12% w/o major news one day?
    01-11-13 01:50 PM
    Can't relate. I was still in school during dot.com bubble

Most DT's take some off the table, human nature,do what works for YOU.

Some longs drop the $$ and come back much later, some average down, all about risk/reward tolerances of individual investor.

Gawd I miss the Dot.com days when you could toss a dart at near anything and make 10% gains daily,lol. I'm sure BThunderW can relate.
    01-11-13 01:52 PM
    Shorts have to leave sooner or later,lol,pressure leading to Jan 30 2013,tons of good BB10 insight by media,lots of buzz at CES contrary to some media who don't do their homework,Kevin and crew setting up for media blitz Toronto,excellent twitter/facebook etc buzz on BB10,hundreds of millions lined up in adverts/media by RIM, shorts getting caught by BS vodaphone outage, BB10 launching just around the corner,carriers lining up, pre orders at Rogers, where would you like me to stop,lol.
    How can it jump up around 12% w/o major news one day?
    01-11-13 02:02 PM
    ironically, what i want more than the stock to go up, is the phone in my pocket. flippin att is being tight lipped and probably doesn't have pricing structure in place yet. Also, will RIM introduce the new phone with a shortage? are they beefed up for demand? I haven't heard a single whisper of units coming in on anyone's shores yet? what volume can they produce per day? Releasing with only 2 or 3 phones per store would really suck, well not for me but generally( i will get the first two in my store, no matter what.

or blackberry can state incremental releases up front. will making ppl wait after release date be good or bad?
    01-11-13 02:16 PM
    @Tom : don't stop !!!
    @plasmid thx and yep, forever.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 02:17 PM
    I'm gonna start calling Morgan "The Prophet".

Stock hit his analysis target of 13.50 a couple of hours after he posted hahaha
    01-11-13 02:28 PM
113,251 ... 6465666768 ...