View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I purchased some shares over the weekend just to say I have some. Surely not enough to make any money, but rather just to see what happens. Would be cool to see the stock go up to $150.00 per share like in 2008, but that's probably not going to happen. I'm no professional day time trader so I don't have any idea what will happen, just happy to be a part of the team. Who knows, maybe RIMM stock will take off after February.
    01-07-13 09:37 AM
    I believe as of now the expected range is $12-$30/share lol
    01-07-13 02:09 PM
    01-07-13 02:44 PM
    Because I'm crazy, I bought more options today before imminent CES news.
    01-07-13 08:41 PM
    Nice! Right now Canadian iron mining stocks are on explosive growth, waiting for peak to cash out and buy more RIM on next dip

Because I'm crazy, I bought more options today before imminent CES news.
    01-07-13 09:30 PM
    I bought about $25k woth of shares and watch them unfortunately every hour almost. The kick in the a** is that etrade doesn't support my 9900. So are there any decent real time streaming apps? i haven't seen any on appworld that worked, unless i missed one? a widget will work for me too.
    01-07-13 09:57 PM
    StockWatch updates on my 9900 every 15 seconds. It is real time feed tho. Real time feeds are not free though.
    01-07-13 09:59 PM
    if your heavily invested like you are "25g" its worth investing in a real time ticker. Usually cost 80 bux with whatever platform you use. Every cent counts!
    01-07-13 11:43 PM
    I disagree, unless you plan to trade, you don't need real time feeds. Whether your quote is real time or 15 or even 45 minutes delayed, it's of no consequence since you're hopefully looking at a long term investment in which minute price changes have no meaning.

if your heavily invested like you are "25g" its worth investing in a real time ticker. Usually cost 80 bux with whatever platform you use. Every cent counts!
    01-07-13 11:54 PM
    well if u have that much money invested have it be long or short, i think 80 bux is a small price to pay+ its 4 the yr.
    01-08-13 12:10 AM
    LOL. I have a significant amount invested in the markets and I still debated for the longest time if I really needed to spend the extra $7/month to get Depth details. Most people that get rich do so because they're penny pinchers
    morganplus8 and cleacy like this.
    01-08-13 12:24 AM
    They had downgraded the stock just 15 days ago because of the service fee comments by RIMM. These analysts just follow the herd....
    01-08-13 01:14 AM
    Iphone 5 has free real-time stock updates... Why bother...
    I don't think you understand what REAL real-time is.
    01-08-13 04:11 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    really good time to be long RIMM ! ... only good things ahead!
    01-08-13 04:12 AM
    this guys a troll. Posted a bunch of stuff bashing RIM.
    01-08-13 04:22 AM
    Iphone 5 has free real-time stock updates... Why bother...
    This guys a troll, posted a bunch of stuff bashing RIM.
    01-08-13 04:23 AM
    They had downgraded the stock just 15 days ago because of the service fee comments by RIMM. These analysts just follow the herd....
    If they didn't push RIMM price down, how can they find the enter point for Long? these journalists and anal-ysts aren't giving comment to make us rich. They use us as a tool for them to get rich.
    01-08-13 05:33 AM
    LOL. I have a significant amount invested in the markets and I still debated for the longest time if I really needed to spend the extra $7/month to get Depth details. Most people that get rich do so because they're penny pinchers
    Completely off topic, but I *used* to purchase Tim Horton's daily (or even twice/day): Until I figured out exactly how much I was spending over a year, compared to just using the coffee machine.
    01-08-13 08:09 AM
    One thing I've been trying to figure out - and maybe someone with more experience can help me here - is this daily pattern we see of gapping in pre-market, a bit more up after the market opens, then a steady drop until around noon.

What happens after noon is more variable -it's gone both ways - but for the last couple of weeks the pre-noon pattern has been the same. What causes that?
    01-08-13 08:10 AM
    One thing I've been trying to figure out - and maybe someone with more experience can help me here - is this daily pattern we see of gapping in pre-market, a bit more up after the market opens, then a steady drop until around noon.

What happens after noon is more variable -it's gone both ways - but for the last couple of weeks the pre-noon pattern has been the same. What causes that?
    Lunch. I'm only being slightly facetious. Go back, way back, and look at RIMM's NASDAQ daily trading history. Many, but not all, days you will have a sell off starting sometime after ten a.m. and lasting until about noon. The actual start and end times are extremely unpredictable but the general trading pattern is quite predictable. Right up until it isn't and you get caught on the wrong side of the trade. Exercise caution.

As for real-time quotes, finance.yahoo.com has them available free. RIMM can be found at:

RIMM: Summary for Research In Motion Limited- Yahoo! Finance
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-08-13 08:27 AM
    Lunch. I'm only being slightly facetious. Go back, way back, and look at RIMM's NASDAQ daily trading history. Many, but not all, days you will have a sell off starting sometime after ten a.m. and lasting until about noon. The actual start and end times are extremely unpredictable but the general trading pattern is quite predictable. Right up until it isn't and you get caught on the wrong side of the trade. Exercise caution.

As for real-time quotes, finance.yahoo.com has them available free. RIMM can be found at:

RIMM: Summary for Research In Motion Limited- Yahoo! Finance
    only stocks on the nasdaq are available in real time online for free, canadian stocks are not.
    01-08-13 08:31 AM
    only stocks on the nasdaq are available in real time online for free, canadian stocks are not.
    For some reason, the TSX has a 15 minute delay. Not sure why that is.
    01-08-13 08:36 AM
    Part of the problem is that pre market trading volume is pretty low so it's subject to more volatility. In my experience, pre-market activity is rarely an indicator for price direction during the day.

01-08-13 09:07 AM
    And of course now that I comment on this pattern, it doesn't really hold ... for the first time in two weeks or so.
    01-08-13 09:10 AM
    If I was shorting RIMM, the spike that started at 9:50 this morning would have made me go:

01-08-13 09:15 AM
113,256 ... 6061626364 ...