View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You do realize it's only going up because everyone thinks they will make easy money by buying cheap shares.

Same thing will happen when all of you kill the market by trying to sell at the same time.

Stock will be worth 4 dollars.
    Economics courses in early university should be a requirement for buying stocks.
    Uneducated people should not buy stocks.
    11-24-12 08:28 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhh I get it ! Warren Buffet buys high and sells low. Okaaaaaaaaaaay.
    Please tell us what university you attended again ?
    You do realize it's only going up because everyone thinks they will make easy money by buying cheap shares.

Same thing will happen when all of you kill the market by trying to sell at the same time.

Economics courses in early university should be a requirement for buying stocks.
    11-24-12 08:57 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhh I get it ! Warren Buffet buys high and sells low. Okaaaaaaaaaaay.
    Please tell us what university you attended again ?
    McMaster University Engineering Canada
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    11-24-12 09:05 PM

Ask those who bought appl 10 years ago ... They now need another horse to ride long. Apparently RIMM is one of their favorite.
    Each time short timers will sell, you'll see Watsa-likes (long) buy. this is what is happening now, I believe.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-26-12 at 06:14 AM.
    11-25-12 06:26 AM
    Research In Motion Raised To Sector Outperform From Sector Underperform By CIBC
    Superfly_FR and s0be like this.
    11-26-12 02:16 AM
    anybody got long calls position on RIMM ? whats ur opinion and reasoning, i'd like to hear as i am considering getting some myself
    11-26-12 02:46 AM
    Pre-market: 11.87 +0.21 (1.80%)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-26-12 04:34 AM

I don't think you realize how LITTLE impact the buyers on this forum have on RIM's stock. There was 23 million volume on Friday on RIMM and that was a half day.
    Superfly_FR and Knightcrawler like this.
    11-26-12 04:36 AM
    Nov 26 (Reuters) - :

* Research In Motion : CIBC raises to sector outperformer-speculative

from sector underperformer

* Research In Motion : CIBC raises price target to $17 from $8
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-26-12 05:38 AM
    anybody got long calls position on RIMM ? whats ur opinion and reasoning, i'd like to hear as i am considering getting some myself
    40 pages of this with pros and cons ...
    But in short.
    - Small amount (proportional with your available cash) invested can/could/may lead to a great benefit (my scale/goal : 4 familly restaurants => 1 used car for my daughter in 3-5 years).
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    11-26-12 06:18 AM
    40 pages of this with pros and cons ...
    But in short.
    - Small amount (proportional with your available cash) invested can/could/may lead to a great benefit (my scale/goal : 4 familly restaurants => 1 used car for my daughter in 3-5 years).
    Its a good cause , so you'll get it for sure but what i meant really , is getting options vs buying shares straight...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-26-12 08:04 AM
    Good luck to everyone. I know Superfly has been posting for a while and respect his/her long time view. For new folks who don't have a ton of market experience, there are a few things that really would worry me about jumping in now with anything other than play money you can afford to lose.

First, is the large short position taken at much higher levels. I am NOT saying this is a short covering rally but do think it is a component of it. For many, the stock could run another 100-150% and they would still be in great shape in the short position.
    Second, Nokia is also having a very impressive rally. For those who think it is all about BB10, I would not be completely convinced. I know they have a new phone which is actually outt, but it seems more like an anti-Apple rotation play than a pure RIMM (or NOK) play to me.
    Lastly, just as I cautioned (rightly) not to try to catch a falling knife, Wall Street is pretty smart. By the time we all figure out what is going on (now) the smart and large money usually has a lap on us all and is ready to get out once they whip us all into a frenzy. When they do, their volume of shares will really move the market. We also don't know if Prem Watsa or some other player is moving again. He has lost 100's of millions of dollars and could have jumped in when the shares were tanking. There could also be another major player or fund who jumped in at 7 or 8 triggering the rally. Pure speculation on my part.

THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE, I DON'T OWN OR PLAN TO OWN ANY RIMM. Just my own thoughts base don watching the market for years and RIM in particular for the last 2 years. Good luck to all. I hope it continues to rally and I can get a new BB in January!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-26-12 10:58 AM
    Its a good cause , so you'll get it for sure but what i meant really , is getting options vs buying shares straight...
    That I can't help ... sorry, it's out of my knowledge.
    11-26-12 11:42 AM
    Read of the day : Scotia Capital outlines continued case for upside in Research In Motion shares | CrackBerry.com Thank You Chris !

And, dear friends ... WE BROKE THE $12 after hours !!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    11-27-12 03:30 AM
    It would not be very unusual and I would say even healthy to see some profit taking here and a consolidation at $11-12 for a few days. After consolidation you will usually get a leg up or down. After hours/pre-market in a stock like RIMM is very thin volume and easily swayed, "only" about $4.5M worth of shares traded. It is back down below $12 this morning but again I wouldn't give it much credence either way as only 150,000 shares have traded hands as of 9:00. The next few days will be very interesting to see if it continues up, consolidates or if there is profit taking that drives shares down.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-12 07:59 AM
    Can't wait for January so all these speculations can end.
    11-27-12 08:07 AM
    I bought shares in RIMM at $7.03, and I believe last time I looked it was up to over 10.00
    11-27-12 08:14 AM
    Down almost 6% on the TSX so far today...
    11-27-12 09:43 AM
    It would not be very unusual and I would say even healthy to see some profit taking here and a consolidation at $11-12 for a few days. After consolidation you will usually get a leg up or down. After hours/pre-market in a stock like RIMM is very thin volume and easily swayed, "only" about $4.5M worth of shares traded. It is back down below $12 this morning but again I wouldn't give it much credence either way as only 150,000 shares have traded hands as of 9:00. The next few days will be very interesting to see if it continues up, consolidates or if there is profit taking that drives shares down.
    Sure it will consolidate. If I was a day trader, I would have take benefits aftermarket and wait a little before jumping in again.
    But I'm not, obviously (P.S: this is not an advice as a good practice; all experts will tell it's not)
    11-27-12 10:58 AM
    Hope you sold those shares early and enjoyed your "champagne weekend" before the plunge.

Still not a good investment in my books. Way too much volatility.
    11-27-12 12:35 PM
    Hope you sold those shares early and enjoyed your "champagne weekend" before the plunge.
    Still not a good investment in my books. Way too much volatility.
    Nope. I stick with the stock. It has been the same (oh, no I bought some more) since post #1 and still is.
    If there's a real plunge (under $9 ?), I'll buy more, provided I have some available cash.
    Target frame is 3-5 years ... an eternity, isn't it ?
    (also read my post above yours, as I don't pretend it is the proper action)
    11-27-12 12:41 PM
    Picked up 10k. Invested in scarier investments in the past.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-12 12:42 PM
    Picked up 10k. Invested in scarier investments in the past.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Just hope you aren't too late to the party. Good luck!
    11-27-12 01:32 PM
    Can't wait for January so all these speculations can end.
    January will not mean too much for the stock. It will be the following two quarterly reports that will end the speculation about the future of the stock.
    11-27-12 03:10 PM
    Market went back today to try fill the gap left from Friday to Monday's launch, it didn't completely. Not unusual, as I said before nature abhors a vacuum, especially in technical analysis so it was likely this gap would be closed in the same way the downside one was recently.

Going to be interesting tomorrow, you really wouldn't want to see the market go much lower than here 10.35 fills the gap and you would like to see that hold, if it didn't you might see some continued profit taking from short term traders. This move brought the RSI back in line which is another thing I was hoping to see for the bull side of the argument, gave a little respite for some of the technical guys looking for another place to buy.

Just my humble opinion looking at the chart. See what I know :-)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-27-12 05:57 PM
113,250 ... 3839404142 ...