View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    guys, I gave my "strategy" (or such) from this very beginning: I hold, I stand, I wait, I trust.
    I wanted a two digit raise ... should be here for me tomorrow.
    But it won't pay the used car for my daughter. Not yet.
    Said it was about trust (that appears to be a more adequate word than "faith") and that I was going looooong.
    I will, unless I really need this money back.
    Maybe in 3 years, this post will still be alive ... who knows ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-22-12 05:38 PM
    so i was vaguely aware of the 11.50ish range during the day.....get home and take a look and its at 12 bucks .

I spent a good little while trying to predict whether it'll continue to go up and hit 15 in a few days, or the american markets opening tomorrow will make it drop again so i can buy cheaper. In the end though i decided to buy in at 12, in case it goes up.....i've already missed it when it was at 9.50ish like 2 days ago .

What are the odds that rim will have more good news at their next quarterly financial disclusure?
    11-22-12 09:49 PM
    We can expect some same # of users, bit of loss and same cash..if they annouce that, no harm will be done as stock price is arelady counted and no one gives a damm about how bad they look as bb10 is just around the corner.
    11-22-12 10:11 PM
    I tried buying more shares this morning and was in que all day. me off as it went up yet again. Oh well hopefully i will have more in the morning.
    11-22-12 10:55 PM
    God, im am so happy i ditched AAPL before the big dip and put everything in RIMM. At the next open, i will have 55% gains, if it reaches 12 .....
    Last edited by s0be; 11-23-12 at 01:38 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-23-12 12:32 AM
    God, im am so happy i ditched AAPL before the big dip and put everything in RIMM. At the next open, i will make over --- if it reaches 12 .....
    Not sure it's a good idea to mention your gains in real value here; I believe % will expose you less. Remember, you're on a public forum ...
    2 cents, with for your performance, of course !!!
    s0be likes this.
    11-23-12 01:33 AM
    Thank, u'r right ...EDITED
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-23-12 01:40 AM
    no comment ? you bet

I WANT MORE DANCE !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    jasonvan9 and bungaboy like this.
    11-23-12 03:51 AM
    When the analysts were pessimistic, posters here called them all sorts of names (ANALcysts was my favorite) and they were all supposedly shorting RIMM .

Where have all of the smart people gone who saw through this manipulation and conspiracies?

Now all of a sudden the articles are insightful and fair, and the analysts have seen the light. I'm reaching out to the conspiracy theorists here. Isn't there a single voice who will caution that maybe what is happening here is a pump and dump? Talk up the stock until launch date, set up unrealistic sales figures, then dump the stock before any sales numbers get reported?
    11-23-12 08:19 AM
    oh, did I tell already ? lol
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Thunderbuck and bungaboy like this.
    11-23-12 11:55 AM
    When the analysts were pessimistic, posters here called them all sorts of names (ANALcysts was my favorite) and they were all supposedly shorting RIMM .

Where have all of the smart people gone who saw through this manipulation and conspiracies?

Now all of a sudden the articles are insightful and fair, and the analysts have seen the light. I'm reaching out to the conspiracy theorists here. Isn't there a single voice who will caution that maybe what is happening here is a pump and dump? Talk up the stock until launch date, set up unrealistic sales figures, then dump the stock before any sales numbers get reported?
    it is called buy the rumor, sell the news
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    11-23-12 12:26 PM

I get your point, but particularly when referring to Peter Misek at Jeffries, I posted all kinds of arguments against his relentless negativity (and I never called him a single name). From his latest note on RIM, it would seem that it's HIS point of view that's changed, not mine.
    bungaboy and bb624 like this.
    11-23-12 12:38 PM
    I get your point, but particularly when referring to Peter Misek at Jeffries, I posted all kinds of arguments against his relentless negativity (and I never called him a single name). From his latest note on RIM, it would seem that it's HIS point of view that's changed, not mine.
    Actually, Misek hasn't really changed his POV, he still thinks RIM has a 70-80% chance of failing (see quote below). He merely revised his odds for success upwards. Also, good on you for not calling him names.

That reflects two distinct possibilities: (1.) that a strong launch of BlackBerry 10 might trigger a big upswing driven by short sellers trying to cover their bets or, (2.) a weak launch could push the stock even below its record low, as the company is presumed to have few prospects without a competitive platform.

“With greater carrier shelf space and marketing support, we now believe BB10 has a 20%-30% probability of success,” Misek wrote, upping his price target from $5 to $10, adding that, despite those poor odds, “the potential reward is high.”
    What Misek is advocating here is a short term play, riding the pre-launch optimism and selling the stock before the launch. This would allow people to cash in the gains, without assuming the risk of that 70% chance of failure.
    11-23-12 01:20 PM
    ...What Misek is advocating here is a short term play, riding the pre-launch optimism and selling the stock before the launch. This would allow people to cash in the gains, without assuming the risk of that 70% chance of failure.
    I don't get the "short term play" bit at all here, though I do acknowledge the risk. The fact that Misek even acknowledges a "20%-30% probability of success" here is a considerable change from his previous position.

Note as well that this is the guy who insisted that RIM's sky was falling because BB10 wouldn't be available until March, and that this was further proof of their inability to meet targets. This, despite the fact that A) "March" is still within RIM's stated target of calendar Q1 and B) that he appears to have been off the mark anyway, since at this point it seems that the handsets will ship shortly after the Jan 30 launch.
    11-23-12 01:29 PM
    I don't get the "short term play" bit at all here, though I do acknowledge the risk. The fact that Misek even acknowledges a "20%-30% probability of success" here is a considerable change from his previous position.
    Is it a "considerable" change though? I don't know if he stated the odds before, but let's say he once thought it was a 10% probability of success. I wouldn't call a change from 10% up to 20-30% to be considerable, and certainly not a change in his overall point of view.
    11-23-12 01:36 PM

You are fast running out of negative things you can post so now you keep making them up as you need them. How do you like to eat your crow? LoL

Meanwhile, the rest of us laugh at your kind while we count our returns on our $7 stock.
    bb624, Superfly_FR and s0be like this.
    11-23-12 04:20 PM
    Is it a "considerable" change though? I don't know if he stated the odds before, but let's say he once thought it was a 10% probability of success. I wouldn't call a change from 10% up to 20-30% to be considerable, and certainly not a change in his overall point of view.
    Grasping, grasping. desperate people to desperate things.
    11-23-12 04:21 PM
    One word for the weeks gains......awesomeness.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-23-12 04:29 PM
    One word for the weeks gains......awesomeness.
    Yessir!

Champagne diet for the weekend.
    11-23-12 05:20 PM
    Superfly - I know you have owned RIMM for a long time. What is your back to even point?
    11-23-12 08:56 PM
    I don't get the "short term play" bit at all here, though I do acknowledge the risk.
    The short term play was articulated quite well in the Barron's article about RIMM and NOK:

This isn't investing, it's gambling. When the music stops, sometime next spring, as first-quarter smartphone sales are reported, reality could set in for both companies.

I don't think either one stands much of a chance over the long haul; they've simply fallen too far behind Google and Apple and Samsung to ever matter much again, regardless of how good their devices are.

But until the music does stop, such open-ended speculation will likely continue and could probably be good for a trade, at least for a few months.
    11-24-12 08:17 AM
    i bought in around 13.30 and doubled my investment at 6.60. My breakeven is around 10 (Gimmie 10!) so its sweet to watch it begin the climb.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-24-12 10:05 AM
    well i want to buy RIM shares... just cant get hold of any cause I'm located overseas... but I say buy now asap, and sell by April/May timing.. it should shoot up significantly... thats easy money right there.. by at least 200%.. do your research and check out the device, etc... its easy to see that its going to succeed even if its just for the short term...
    11-24-12 11:01 AM
    Superfly - I know you have owned RIMM for a long time. What is your back to even point?
    I bought a first round approx @ $15 (when I started the thread) and then averaged by tripling my shares nbr approx @ $7. I'm even around $10.5 (incl. fees).
    I must say I have a "double effect" while I invested with €->$ conversion, that's makes the even point a bit harder to fix, depending of the change value.
    11-24-12 12:04 PM
    Got it, congrats and I hope you get to ride the wave!!!
    11-24-12 06:10 PM
113,256 ... 3738394041 ...