View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ah yes, the Global Media conspiracy is to blame for RIM's woes.

I was mistaken. You care. It doesn't appear that many others do.
    08-18-12 12:06 PM
    Says the guy with the 'blackberry' nickname but sports a Lumia.

Why are you here exactly if you don't care for the platform?
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    08-18-12 12:13 PM
    I do care, and hope that RIM overcomes several years of bad decisions and gets back on track. But I am not as optimistic as others.

I didn't realize that using a BlackBerry was a requirement for posting here. Is it?
    08-18-12 12:18 PM
    I do care, and hope that RIM overcomes several years of bad decisions and gets back on track. But I am not as optimistic as others.

I didn't realize that using a BlackBerry was a requirement for posting here. Is it?
    If you're not against the conspiracy, you are part of it.
    08-18-12 12:24 PM
    Well, it is a global media conspiracy, so it is pretty big to begin with!
    08-18-12 12:27 PM
    Says the guy with the 'blackberry' nickname but sports a Lumia.
    My assessment: there are a class of ex-blackberry users on CrackBerry.com who were ardent fans of the devices and company, and because RIM didn't respond quickly enough and well enough (Storm devices) to the capacitive touchscreen craze, and the subsequent well-known misrepresentations of delivery dates and quality of products by the ex-CEOs, RIM "fans" became subject to ridicule because of their devotion to the company... this has left a number of them in "super villian" mode, because of the wrongs done to them, they want to wreak chaos and havok on the source of their pain: Dr. Henry Pym! No, that's Ultron. Ultron wants to destroy Henry Pym. Sorry. Anyway, you get the idea.

They are so let down by RIM and so ashamed (and frankly just a wee-bit oversensitive to name calling / taunting by iPhone and Android fans) that they are wrack their brains find ways to spin even GOOD news out of the RIM camp into criticism, so deep is their hatred and mistrust of RIM management, their nemesises... nemisies... nemicises? Nemesis.

You can even try reasoning with them, and once in a while they'll concede that they WERE once huge supporters, but actions (posting relentlessly, incessantly NEGATIVE posts) speak louder than words ("I LOVE RIM, except they're stupid and the devices are terrible and they lie and the new OS will fail out the gate and it's crap and it can't compare to Apple ANDROID RULEZ! I WILL CRUSH YOU ALL!!!! oops that just slipped out.")
    Last edited by lorax1284; 08-18-12 at 12:34 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-18-12 12:28 PM
    And whenever someone posts a thread that even QUESTIONS current RIM management, their devotion to a brand that has lost market share and trust, or merely states their opinion (which you don't agree with) they are immediately deemed trolls and "negative".

As for a wee-bit sensitive, I think there is PLENTY of that to go around.

After all, it's just a phone.
    08-18-12 12:50 PM
    FFS can you people knock it off. The thread is about supporting RIM by purchasing its' stock. How this turned into ANOTHER "trolls vs cheerleaders" and "wild-eyed conspiracy" battle is just pitiful and does not paint ANY OF YOU in a good light. Give it a f'n rest already.

Y'all know there is PM and the apparently underused ignore list don't you?
    08-18-12 12:59 PM

Not required but recommended
    08-18-12 01:01 PM
    That's good to know. Recommended by whom?
    Oh, I own a PlayBook. Guess I qualified. Glad that is cleared up.
    08-18-12 01:04 PM
    Not even close to being true. This site has always welcomed everyone regardless of opinion or device. If that does not square with someones sensibilities they can start their own site and run it they way they wish.

That being said, how about showing the OP some respect and return to the original purpose of his thread.
    08-18-12 01:05 PM
    Good point - I do plan on buying RIM shares (again) but probably right before or after the next quarterly results. I think it has 1-1/2 points more to give back.
    08-18-12 01:09 PM
    Good point - I do plan on buying RIM shares (again) but probably right before or after the next quarterly results. I think it has 1-1/2 points more to give back.
    I am sitting out RIMM until the start of FY 2014. I got out at 62 (5000 in March 2011) and just don't see any upside to getting back in during this fiscal year.
    08-18-12 01:22 PM
    My points aren't even regarding a pure Anti-RIM conspiracy, but that companies like Apple and Oracle are obviously engaging in anti-Google practices, with attacks on RIM being more of a circus sideshow to the main event where the real money currently resides.

The fact that after Meuller came out and admitted to being paid to post opinions favorable of Oracle, both companies were quick to deny paying anyone else anything for any good or bad press. This says they likely just changed their internal definitions of what 'pay' means.

In a sense, they're both now saying "I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman." because they know how bad its going to turn if they have to give up all the details on how they manipulate public perception of the industry.
    08-18-12 01:53 PM
    I am sitting out RIMM until the start of FY 2014. I got out at 62 (5000 in March 2011) and just don't see any upside to getting back in during this fiscal year.
    Did you say 5000!? Maybe........

The mystery has been solved!
    08-18-12 02:05 PM
    My points aren't even regarding a pure Anti-RIM conspiracy,
    ...and my point is no one gives a damn in light of the fact that your point has nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero, nil, naught, bupkis, diddly-squat, jack,or his second cousin jack-s_-_ to do with this thread
    08-18-12 02:08 PM
    Or no one cares to acknowledge the whole pay-for-praise system exists and likely has been pointed towards RIM at one time or another?

Mueller wasn't paid to talk up Oracle, but to bash Android, which works in Apple's favor. Oracle has direct dealings with Apple, who rely on their Java codebase and their Exadata servers to power their cloud services. One hand washes the other.

Apple and Oracle release simultaneous Java updates for OS X | Ars Technica

Oracle updates Java for Mac, Linux, ARM - Page 1 - Integrating IT

Are Oracle's Exadata racks fluffing Apple's iCloud? ? The Register

Apple hands Java reins to Oracle | Deep Tech - CNET News

Job Ad Indicates Apple Using Oracle, IBM Servers in North Carolina Data Center | PCWorld Business Center

Tech stock investors should be doing their own research rather than listening to the paid squawkings of shills like Mueller.
    I don't acknowledge that YOU exist !!!
    08-18-12 02:09 PM
    God you guys need to learn how to take a joke,
    Im talking to you amazinglygraceless and njblackberry
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 08-18-12 at 04:54 PM.
    08-18-12 04:50 PM

HAH!! It was right there in front of me all this time
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-18-12 06:48 PM
    Back in topic ?
    08-19-12 04:41 AM

That must be it!

I see what you did there...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-19-12 04:51 PM
    And in just two weeks, they have lost almost a dollar and are now trading at a new 52 week low.
    09-05-12 04:17 PM
    And in just two weeks, they have lost almost a dollar and are now trading at a new 52 week low.
    I believe it is also a nine year low.
    09-05-12 05:11 PM
    The fact that Prem double down, a month ago throws things a bit. Why would he be buying knowing the quarter is down. As a matter of fact, why was he buying at all, considering he knew the co ceos before the collapse. Maybe there's something that could turn sentiment.
    The results of the strategic review should be mentioned, and hopefully concluded with some positive results in terms of direction.
    09-05-12 05:50 PM
    The fact that Prem double down, a month ago throws things a bit. Why would he be buying knowing the quarter is down. As a matter of fact, why was he buying at all, considering he knew the co ceos before the collapse. Maybe there's something that could turn sentiment.
    The results of the strategic review should be mentioned, and hopefully concluded with some positive results in terms of direction.
    Prem was/is between a rock and a hard place. He could average down and hope to minimize his loss or just bite the bullet and take a huge loss and bail out all together.
    09-05-12 06:03 PM
113,250 ... 2324252627 ...