View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes it did. Why shouldn't it? Every time I see it sitting somewhere in the house, I wish anew that the Bionic had come out far sooner--it's such a refreshing change from the nearly useless Storm. I've also no desire to have a BB that is 1/2 keyboard and 1/2 screen. I want a large screen, as well as great voice recognition to transcribe my words.
    I volunteered at a school fete/carnival the other night. I saw a group of teenagers walking across the football field. They were kicking something along the grass, that looked like a hockey puck. They really were booting it along. When they got closer one of them picked the object up and I saw it was a Storm. "Rotten piece of crap" was what I heard him say.

I thought of you.
    1812dave likes this.
    11-02-11 06:22 PM
    I don't support RIM; I expect RIM to support ME with great devices and services. In exchange I will continue to purchase devices and subscribe to those services.

RIM isn't a sports team that needs a cheering section. If they can't give me what I want I'll go elsewhere. Right now they're just barely holding on to my business with promises of BBX, tablet OS 2.0 and magic fairy dust.
    Chrisy and Fuzzballz like this.
    11-02-11 06:48 PM
    i already lost money buying RIM shares. I'll hold on to it until 2012.
    11-02-11 07:06 PM
    I'm not going to support them by buying their stock. It's up to the leadership to increase shareholder value, and if the stock is in the tank then shareholders know who to take it out on.

But I _will_ support them by buying a new device this weekend though and rockin' it OS7 style.
    Superfly_FR and koolrosh like this.
    11-02-11 07:14 PM
    Je ne les achterai pas.

If they drop below $15 then I might consider and buy like 100 of them.
    11-02-11 07:32 PM
    I volunteered at a school fete/carnival the other night. I saw a group of teenagers walking across the football field. They were kicking something along the grass, that looked like a hockey puck. They really were booting it along. When they got closer one of them picked the object up and I saw it was a Storm. "Rotten piece of crap" was what I heard him say.

I thought of you.
    The closest I came to trashing my Storm was sometime this summer when I slammed it down on a counter very hard. It didn't land flat, so I dinged up the black-chrome edge a bit. It deserved it.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    11-02-11 08:07 PM
    I don't support RIM; I expect RIM to support ME with great devices and services. In exchange I will continue to purchase devices and subscribe to those services.

RIM isn't a sports team that needs a cheering section. If they can't give me what I want I'll go elsewhere. Right now they're just barely holding on to my business with promises of BBX, tablet OS 2.0 and magic fairy dust.
    I agree, it's not a football team with billionaires, it's a corporation, with people working in, mostly to get just enough to live decently.
    11-03-11 02:34 AM
    Je ne les achterai pas.

If they drop below $15 then I might consider and buy like 100 of them.
    Thanks for the language performance
    [may I suggest a slight correction : "Je ne les ach�terai pas"]
    11-03-11 02:37 AM
    You sure about that?

techland.time.com/2011/11/02/rim-launches-bbm-music/]RIM Launches BBM Music, and It�s Doomed Already - Techland - TIME.com[/url]
    Did you not read the comments below the article where they absolutely destroy the validity of the article? Sorry, read your own link. BBM Music will do just fine.
    11-03-11 08:36 AM
    Did you not read the comments below the article where they absolutely destroy the validity of the article? Sorry, read your own link. BBM Music will do just fine.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong...

BBM Music is a $4.99/month subscription service that allows the user access to 50 songs, 25 of which can be swapped out at the end of each month? So, the user never accumulates more than 50 songs, unless they have friends who are also BBM Music users. If that is the case, they also have access to their songs?

How is that enticing with the alternatives available? Spotify, Pandora, etc.?

BBM Music will surely get some play from current BB owners, yet I fail to see how BBM Music will be marketable to the masses... unless they FINALLY take BBM cross platform, like they should have 3 years ago.
    11-03-11 08:54 AM
    I perfectly understand you don't want to buy share a prefer speculate over the lost drop.
    Personally, I don't support the drop, it won't help anyhow.

Just wondering ...
    Does anyone have Q3 facts and figure in hands ?

oops I missed some fingers (here we count in "trimestres" witch are 3 months) oops

P.S: just remember this thread is not that much about "is RIM up or down" but ... how far are you loyal and/or willing to act ?
    If it was a question of loyalty, I'd suggest buying their products to make them look better. More so, you are getting something tangible and useful from the moment you get it, if you feel that the company will survive through this ordeal.

I have no doubt RIM is doing everything they can to stay afloat. For how long this will last, no one knows. I am optimistic of RIM. I would dive in if I could, but it seems like the company was overvalued without catching up, simply because it's a growth stock. Until the company indicates with certainty that they can assure everyone that things will be coming out efficiently and in time before the markets consider them obselete, and not just to themselves.
    11-03-11 03:30 PM
    When users feel the need to save a company by buying it's products or buying stock, tells me the company is finished and can't market if it's life depends on it.
    There has to be a management shakeup at RIM.
    11-03-11 04:19 PM
    My buy order triggered today - 50 shares

Not actually doing it to save the company, I admit the selfishness of buying stock of a financially sound company at an all time low...
    with awesome products on the horizon ... yes I know far horizon - so it's a long term investment...ok?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 04:29 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-03-11 04:27 PM
    They burned through half of their cash last quarter and it will be very interesting to see how they did on that front in mid December on their next report. These playbook write downs and dealer fire sale deals can't help.
    11-03-11 05:37 PM

I thought of you.
    I guess that is now a group of Android or iPhone users.
    11-03-11 08:46 PM
    Well, I must admit I had doubts while buying RIM shares. As I said, it was an action to support (yes, I've just renew my whole mobile stuff PB+9900), as I think the market position is unfair. I heard a lot of you, pro and con, but today, I made my mind ... and even updated my buy order up to [S]10[S] 15 shares.

Thanks to Chris Umiastowski and its post over the crackberry blog I'm now able to have a more precise view, in fact somehow a better English written explanation of my view, which is almost 99% his. I won't quote parts, I'd better let you read this, and maybe argue on its blog entry, as he seems far much capable than I am !

Still, I believe that if we could set a buzz stating that we, BB loyal customers, have faith in our brand and its destiny and prove it by buying shares ... it certainly won't hurt.

EDIT: dammit my banker is a noob ... have to wait 'till monday ... increased qty btw ... 15 capped @ 19.5 ... grrr
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-04-11 at 09:40 AM.
    11-04-11 05:49 AM
    When users feel the need to save a company by buying it's products or buying stock, tells me the company is finished and can't market if it's life depends on it.
    There has to be a management shakeup at RIM.
    Not save ... support. If I thought RIM was dying, I won't put a dime.
    11-04-11 05:52 AM
    with awesome products on the horizon ... yes I know far horizon - so it's a long term investment...ok?
    I'm curious, but what awesome products are there on the horizon?

"War Is All We Know"
    11-04-11 09:20 AM
    I'm curious, but what awesome products are there on the horizon?
    At the close horizon : Playbook with OS2 aka BBX and BBX Phones (probably later), filling the gap between what we all desire (BTooth, printing, spell-check, RDP, SSH, USB host ...) and what the PB is today.

At the middle horizon : A companion mobile pair that will probably bundle (commercially speaking) and offer a high grade security couple, filled with most wanted business apps and tools (from office to citrix ?). Beside, with balance, a portable multimedia tablet that will connect to the net from everywhere at no additional cost, capture HD vid&pics and play games with stereophonic sound. The whole thing being displayed over (and displaying/controlling) any DLNA compliant device or HDMI wired one. And of course, able to isolate your corporate annual sales prevision from you having a BBQ drinking party half naked on the beach.

At an unknown horizon : a set of devices devoted to mobility that will connect flawlessly with numerous infotainment QNX empowered devices.

But wait ... oops, some are not horizon ... they just sit there, already
    Hum, looks pretty cool.

This is my vision, but you can pretend I'm under mushrooms.
    11-04-11 09:53 AM
    At the close horizon : Playbook with OS2 aka BBX and BBX Phones (probably later), filling the gap between what we all desire (BTooth, printing, spell-check, RDP, SSH, USB host ...) and what the PB is today.

At the middle horizon : A companion mobile pair that will probably bundle (commercially speaking) and offer a high grade security couple, filled with most wanted business apps and tools (from office to citrix ?). Beside, with balance, a portable multimedia tablet that will connect to the net from everywhere at no additional cost, capture HD vid&pics and play games with stereophonic sound. The whole thing being displayed over (and displaying/controlling) any DLNA compliant device or HDMI wired one. And of course, able to isolate your corporate annual sales prevision from you having a BBQ drinking party half naked on the beach.

At an unknown horizon : a set of devices devoted to mobility that will connect flawlessly with numerous infotainment QNX empowered devices.

But wait ... oops, some are not horizon ... they just sit there, already
    Hum, looks pretty cool.

This is my vision, but you can pretend I'm under mushrooms.
    Thanks for saving me a deep breath and a lot of typing ....

When's the next half naked BBQ at the beach? With my RIMM proceeds I may be able to afford a trip to France...Hopefully the half naked part only applies to females...but isn't half naked the norm for French beaches?

RIMM up 2.71% with the DOW down 1.32%

Keep up the good work!

70 percent of you are missing an awesome opportunity
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-04-11 at 10:58 AM.
    11-04-11 10:54 AM
    Thanks for saving me a deep breath and a lot of typing ....

When's the next half naked BBQ at the beach? With my RIMM proceeds I may be able to afford a trip to France...Hopefully the half naked part only applies to females...but isn't half naked the norm for French beaches?

RIMM up 2.71% with the DOW down 1.32%

Keep up the good work!

70 percent of you are missing an awesome opportunity
    ... and I'm crying every minute ... damned banker ...
    For the beaches, it used to be so, but skin cancer prevention did a lot against it.
    Not sure yet for the halb naked BBQ, but if you enjoy waves ... I'd suggest the South-West (Biarritz - Ossegor) ... definitely the place to be. If you go, just tell; I won't be far to go
    11-04-11 12:32 PM
    I bought RIMM shares at $62 a share and have obviously lost my shirt...on paper. With great risks come great rewards, but not always. I am ready to invest again, and I will buy some more stock. However, I buy realizing that this may not produce profit...it is a risk because RIMM may not be able to turn things around. Even if BBX is a great phone system and they finally get 2.0 up and running on the PlayBook, there is an uphill struggle for RIMM to return to an ability to effectively compete with the other OSes that are out there. Can it be done...yes. Will RIMM get it done? Time will tell.

I am willing to buy more stock because to be a profitable and beneficial move for me RIMM does not have to return to their former glory, they just have to stop the bleeding and turn some negative numbers to positives. The Colt looks like a winner. I am willing to bet a a few thousand on that.
    11-04-11 02:37 PM
    I bought RIMM shares at $62 a share and have obviously lost my shirt...on paper. With great risks come great rewards, but not always. I am ready to invest again, and I will buy some more stock. However, I buy realizing that this may not produce profit...it is a risk because RIMM may not be able to turn things around. Even if BBX is a great phone system and they finally get 2.0 up and running on the PlayBook, there is an uphill struggle for RIMM to return to an ability to effectively compete with the other OSes that are out there. Can it be done...yes. Will RIMM get it done? Time will tell.

I am willing to buy more stock because to be a profitable and beneficial move for me RIMM does not have to return to their former glory, they just have to stop the bleeding and turn some negative numbers to positives. The Colt looks like a winner. I am willing to bet a a few thousand on that.
    Averaging is not bad, anyhow ... I wish I could engage 1K ...
    "Aware supporters" are welcome ! So: thanks !
    11-04-11 02:46 PM
    So, correct me if I'm wrong...

BBM Music is a $4.99/month subscription service that allows the user access to 50 songs, 25 of which can be swapped out at the end of each month? So, the user never accumulates more than 50 songs, unless they have friends who are also BBM Music users. If that is the case, they also have access to their songs?

How is that enticing with the alternatives available? Spotify, Pandora, etc.?

BBM Music will surely get some play from current BB owners, yet I fail to see how BBM Music will be marketable to the masses... unless they FINALLY take BBM cross platform, like they should have 3 years ago.
    You are wrong.

BBM Music users add other BBM Music users. It has very little to do with your actual BBM friends. I crack up everytime I see someone foolishly bring up the 50 song limit because it shows how clueless they are about the service. I have access to 12,487 songs at the moment. Each of them were picked by a human. I have used 42 of my song picks and don't think I will ever use the other picks because every single song I can think of picking one of my contacts have already picked it for me. I think of my 42 songs there might be 5 songs that hasn't been picked already by someone else.

I guess hating on crap you have no idea about is cool though. Not saying BBM Music is going to succeed or not. Just saying the 50 song limit is a non issue and anyone that has actually used the app for a few days will realize that.
    11-05-11 11:51 PM
    Why are so many crackberry members supporters of this company that is run into the ground by management? If RIMM had any faith in their product, they would initiate a share buyback since the shares are supposedly so cheap.
    I agree that rimm may be an average down position with how low it is, but look at all the profits thae shorts have made on this junk stock. Why hasn't the entire management been held responsible for the mess they have created? maybe the canadian govt. should buy in, since they suppress any canadian companies and basically block any chance of an American takeover, putting the govt's interest over the citizens that actually have hard earned cash in the game. JMO
    11-06-11 12:33 AM
113,256 12345 ...