View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Funny I was thinking "movie store" while reading the op post. Was he too ?
    11-02-11 01:55 PM
    My pet peeve #1: people unable to spell "lose" properly!
    LOL...I think that's mine too...

I would cut the OP some slack though since English is not his first language. However, those lilly-white boys in middle-America/Canada have no excuse. For X-sakes....its only a four-letter word...how can you get that wrong.

....back on topic....
    1812dave and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-02-11 01:59 PM
    LOL...I think that's mine too...

I would cut the OP some slack though since English is not his first language. However, those lilly-white boys in middle-America/Canada have no excuse. For X-sakes....its only a four-letter word...how can you get that wrong.

....back on topic....
    they are from Mid America, they Spell Colour, Honour, favourite, and pronounce the last letter of the Alphabet wrong, it's not surprising that often they miss spell Lose, or its or their or effect.

hehehe
    11-02-11 02:06 PM
    Roger Ebert wrote that his late partner Gene Siskel gave him the best investment advice he had ever received. �You can never outsmart the market, if that's what you're trying to do,� Siskel told him. �Find something you love, for reasons you understand, that not everyone agrees with you about, and put your money in it.�
    11-02-11 02:10 PM
    RIMM stock is down to $18. 56 today. To the OP: ill call you a fool and if you have no problem throwing away your money, then you can throw some my way while you're at it.
    Well, my order will only be placed (executed ?) tomorrow before opening ... I've already overvalued by 1.46X5 = 7.3 USD ! I'm a winner !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-02-11 at 02:22 PM.
    11-02-11 02:20 PM
    they Spell Colour, Honour, favourite, ..... wrong....
    I've had this conversation with the wife that learned the "Queens" English too. We are all about efficiency so we got rid of the letters that did nothing and wasted space. We were thinking with a txt messaging mindset way before the rest of the world.
    Superfly_FR and CDM76 like this.
    11-02-11 02:29 PM
    I've had this conversation with the wife that learned the "Queens" English too. We are all about efficiency so we got rid of the letters that did nothing and wasted space. We were thinking with a txt messaging mindset way before the rest of the world.
    LOL! The other day, a well-known gal correspondent was repeatedly saying, "Militry" for "Military". oh yeah, Christine A.
    11-02-11 02:33 PM
    Well, the quote is over for today ...
    ... well, almost 20% voted "Yes, I'm acting now"
    How strong can we buzz ? (20 persons won't be enough !)

I can't wait updating my signature ... so classy to be a (proud&supporting) shareholder
    11-02-11 02:38 PM
    LOL! The other day, a well-known gal correspondent was repeatedly saying, "Militry" for "Military". oh yeah, Christine A.
    You mean Christina, no ?
    11-02-11 02:39 PM
    ... well, almost 20% voted "Yes, I'm acting now"
    **** BREAKIN' NEWS **** BREAKIN' NEWS **** BREAKIN' NEWS ***
    incredible raise of the quote just on close ... now raising @ 23.81 % !
    **** BREAKIN' NEWS **** BREAKIN' NEWS **** BREAKIN' NEWS ***
    ahah, thank U good Nite !
    11-02-11 02:43 PM
    I'm not buying. I did invest in gold, in hopes that it will gain value, due to the EU's current troubles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 02:44 PM
    Yeah.. I felt that way at $30 a share.. The new phones came out and it went up to like 34 a few days later.... Now here we are at 18.

What did we learn? Never have hope.. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 02:49 PM
    Yeah.. I felt that way at $30 a share.. The new phones came out and it went up to like 34 a few days later.... Now here we are at 18.
    What did we learn? Never have hope.. Lol.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    ... I'll say ... just forget and keep ... or average ;-)
    11-02-11 03:02 PM
    Have not read the entire thread - but wouldn't better support be to buy a bunch of their devices? Or maybe offer free labor to help out with OS2.
    11-02-11 03:07 PM
    You mean Christina, no ?
    close; no cigar. christiane amanpour
    11-02-11 03:27 PM
    I'm only going to lose a few thousand if their stocks plummet... Its not going to hurt me any. I have other stocks and sources of income that will make up for RIMMs misfortune. However, I am very interested to see what 2012 brings forth in the company!

Heres to a bright future! *cheers*
    11-02-11 03:32 PM
    Just placed a 3% trailing stop loss order for 50 shares...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-02-11 03:36 PM
    Just placed a 3% trailing stop loss order for 50 shares...
    Big shooter you.

11-02-11 03:42 PM
    OK, we got it. You have lots of spare cash. So do I, but I'm not going to throw it down a rabbit hole.
    Whats wrong with seeing what happens if you have a bit of extra money? Ive invested in companies in worse positions and netted a return I never thought was possible. RIMMs ROE is at a healthy percentage, Obviously on its way down, but its not low enough that would make me concerned about the well being of the company. RIMM would have to plummet significantly more so before I cared and even then my stock will stay where it is. I have faith in this company. But even I have my doubts at times.

You seem to like to pick apart at people that have anything to say about RIM... No offense. I really do mean no disrespect whatsoever as you are very much entitled to be here and Im more than happy to share opinions with you The negativity doesnt bother me.... but I really have to ask! lol. Why are you here?

I read a previous post by you saying, and I quote "but I'm so over BB phones, it's not funny.".... and most of your comments seem to be negative about RIM or arguing with somebody else on this forum about RIM or BB phones...

Maybe I just dont understand, but If you are "so over BB phones, it's not funny.", then why are you still a member of a Blackberry fan site?

I honestly dont mind either way! Your posts dont bother me and Im glad to be able to chat with someone that has a different opinion from the rest.... I just found this little aspect of you a teeny bit humorous is all. lol

Hope I didnt offend you. That was not my intention.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 11-02-11 at 04:44 PM.
    11-02-11 04:26 PM
    Whats wrong with seeing what happens if you have a bit of extra money? Ive invested in companies in worse positions and netted a return I never thought was possible. RIMMs ROE is at a healthy percentage.

You seem to like to pick apart at people that have anything to say about RIM... No offense. I really do mean no disrespect whatsoever as you are very much entitled to be here and Im more than happy to share opinions with you The negativity doesnt bother me.... but I really have to ask! lol. Why are you here?

I read a previous post by you saying, and I quote "but I'm so over BB phones, it's not funny.".... and most of your comments seem to be negative about RIM or arguing with somebody else on this forum about RIM or BB phones...

Maybe I just dont understand, but If you are "so over BB phones, it's not funny.", then why are you still a member of a Blackberry fan site?

I honestly dont mind either way! Your posts dont bother me and Im glad to be able to chat with someone that has a different opinion from the rest.... I just found this little aspect of you a teeny bit humorous is all. lol

I guess you didn't see his old rants about his storm? Dang that thing really made him hate RIM.
    11-02-11 04:39 PM
    Whats wrong with seeing what happens if you have a bit of extra money? Ive invested in companies in worse positions and netted a return I never thought was possible. RIMMs ROE is at a healthy percentage.

I'm not offended.

I paid my "dues" for over a year, having suffered with a Storm, to be able to offer my opinions (which mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of things) on RIM. I am not a fan of RIM, or their products, having used one for far too long (I waited for the Bionic since last spring!). Wouldn't you be bored if everyone had identical opinions? what would be the reason for discourse?

If we all agreed, we might as well step away from our keyboards and grab a beer.
    11-02-11 04:42 PM
    I guess you didn't see his old rants about his storm? Dang that thing really made him hate RIM.
    Yes it did. Why shouldn't it? Every time I see it sitting somewhere in the house, I wish anew that the Bionic had come out far sooner--it's such a refreshing change from the nearly useless Storm. I've also no desire to have a BB that is 1/2 keyboard and 1/2 screen. I want a large screen, as well as great voice recognition to transcribe my words.
    timberdc likes this.
    11-02-11 04:44 PM
    There's no point buying these shares. Wait until the next firesale. It'll come with the PlayBook.

If there's no better motivation to get RIM going, I don't see what is. It's time for some change and I support the stock drop. Ain't buying until it hits the resistance of $10, and it'll keep dropping until 2.0 or QNX comes out.

Like I mentioned in another post, if you're selling a phone that costs less to make than other phones on the market that are being sold for less, expect a higher net income especially if you're firing and cutting staff.

This company likes bottom lines and thinks they can fool you by riding the market and cutting costs. Is this sustainable? I doubt it.
    Last edited by rcheung135; 11-02-11 at 04:52 PM.
    11-02-11 04:49 PM
    There's no point buying these shares. Wait until the next firesale. It'll come with the PlayBook.

If there's no better motivation to get RIM going, I don't see what is. It's time for some change and I support the stock drop. Ain't buying until it hits the resistance of $10, and it'll keep dropping until 2.0 or QNX comes out.

Like I mentioned in another post, if you're selling a phone that costs less to make than other phones on the market that are being sold for less, expect a higher net income especially if you're firing and cutting staff.

This company likes bottom lines and thinks they can fool you by riding the market and cutting costs. Is this sustainable? I doubt it.
    I perfectly understand you don't want to buy share a prefer speculate over the lost drop.
    Personally, I don't support the drop, it won't help anyhow.

Just wondering ...
    Does anyone have Q3 facts and figure in hands ?

oops I missed some fingers (here we count in "trimestres" witch are 3 months) oops

P.S: just remember this thread is not that much about "is RIM up or down" but ... how far are you loyal and/or willing to act ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-02-11 at 05:53 PM.
    11-02-11 05:35 PM
    close; no cigar. christiane amanpour
    ABC ... was just a song for me (the five's one, not the alphabet lol); unfortunately I don't have it on my cable program schedule .
    11-02-11 05:50 PM
113,256 1234 ...