View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't know. I would argue that the run up to $14.55 3.5 years ago was mainly due to the partnerships and pipeline they had developed. If I recall, it was right around the time of the partnership with Baidu that sparked that run. While it may have taken longer to materialize than many had hoped, whatever was down stream then, is the same now and then some, and 3.5 years closer.

It's almost going in circles, but if one could say the "right" price is $8 with no justification for a jump to $11.50 ($13-$14 pre market today!), but one could equally say that the "right" price was $14 in Jan '18, especially since it came about more organically, and this is just a reversion to the mean, since if that was the "right" price then, today's "right" price is probably $17.

100% this is manipulation by the WSB group... and that could be VERY good for the LONGS here. As long as they don't buy into the same hype that got them stuck here for the last decade. WSB isn't going to change the fundamentals for BlackBerry's day to day business. And short term I think this is going to be a bad year for BlackBerry.... Chen's warned of that.
    app_Developer and pdr733 like this.
    06-02-21 08:12 AM
    perhaps they'll pull an AMC and actually use the spike to raise some equity.

that might be hopping for too much though.
    dusdal likes this.
    06-02-21 08:15 AM
    perhaps they'll pull an AMC and actually use the spike to raise some equity.

that might be hopping for too much though.
    How much stock does BlackBerry own, that isn't earmarked?

I think the patents are their best shot at some equity....
    06-02-21 09:13 AM
    Well I’ll be out when market opens. I’ll be back in after it settles down again and they show some progress.

Edit; changed it to 13.50. I’ll take the extra buck.
    See what getting greedy does.....

I "think" your fine as I think they are just starting this push... don't think they'll attract the numbers they did back when we saw $28.77 USD. But think they'll hit your $13.50 and then some....
    06-02-21 09:34 AM
    How much stock does BlackBerry own, that isn't earmarked?

I think the patents are their best shot at some equity....
    say what now? raise some equity like AMC just did = issuing new stock.
    06-02-21 10:40 AM

I "think" your fine as I think they are just starting this push... don't think they'll attract the numbers they did back when we saw $28.77 USD. But think they'll hit your $13.50 and then some....
    Out at 13.17. That’s more than fine for me. Internet kids are annoying. I’ll watch this one from the sidelines. Good luck to everyone!
    06-02-21 10:51 AM
    Opens up a lot of doors for options players due to the volatility. True longs won't be happy with the noise but if they stick to their thesis they can just ride this one out. I felt it was pretty undervalued below $9 and picked some back up and am glad I did.
    06-02-21 12:17 PM
    looks like we're going vertical here. hm.. hard not to like that.
    06-02-21 01:48 PM

Well, how high will it fly? What is your take? Who here is a profit prophet?
    06-03-21 12:22 AM
    Wish I had a crystal ball... I sold $11 covered calls this week when we were trading at $10.50. 🙄 North of $19 now
    06-03-21 07:58 AM
    Well, some of you guys will have fun today! $25 was the previous high water mark, I believe. Wonder how close we’ll get this time.
    06-03-21 08:01 AM
    Well, some of you guys will have fun today! $25 was the previous high water mark, I believe. Wonder how close we’ll get this time.
    It was a little over 25 on close, a little under 29 mid session.

Sold options for the 3rd and 4th time in my life yesterday. I now have 40 contracts for June 18th, spread between 25/30/40 strikes, and got between $2-$3 each. So a handy $10k US, and if I'm so "unfortunate" to have my shares called away at any of those price points, then it means the rest of my (arguably too many) shares which I've held onto for what seems like an eternity, will be in the retirement realm. I also like the options play as it removes the ability for me to be greedy and hold on for "just another dollar, then I'll sell" as it tumbles.

I still think everything is true about this being a long term hold, and having a great future, but it's really been a lesson in the unpredictability of the market and human behaviour. "If only others would do a couple hundred hours of research, they'd realize what a good company this was, and it would surely see multiples similar to it's peers". Ironically, it may have been Chen's silent treatment that triggered this exact black swan. While I think this movement is almost all a result of the WSB crowd, and not a sudden epiphany about the solid fundamentals of this company, that in part was only effected by virtue of the fact that millions of people do think this is nothing more than an almost tits up phone company, in the same antiquated realms as B & M theatres and video game stores. If people were better informed and even knew how to do something as rudimentary as a google search to check short interest (or even knew difference between short interest/short volume), then they might not think at 9% it's quite as good a candidate as GME which was like 120% back in Jan.

But I guess much like the "trials by ordeal" in that if everyone believes strongly enough, then the guilty just confess since they believe God will never let them pass the ordeal, the same thing applies here. If everyone believes that BB is a short squeeze almost bankrupt phone company, and jump in with both feet to trigger a run, it becomes self fulfilling.
    app_Developer and bh7171 like this.
    06-03-21 08:14 AM
    Or how much higher... in a way it depends on the shorts and how far they are willing to go. But at this point not sure many want to bet against the WSB group. But right now BB has WSB full attention.... that could mean weeks of this (or not).

Fun.... frustrating.... popcorn.
    06-03-21 08:22 AM
    $18 as of right now. Have we reached the top?
    06-03-21 09:28 AM
    $18 as of right now. Have we reached the top?
    I have a vague recollection of the "standard" pattern last time around being a strong open, then way down, fake top of, down and a strong close. the volumes were very high today, higher than I can remember from last time.

but to butcher a quote; it's hard to predict, especially the future.
    06-03-21 10:20 AM
    I have a vague recollection of the "standard" pattern last time around being a strong open, then way down, fake top of, down and a strong close. the volumes were very high today, higher than I can remember from last time.

but to butcher a quote; it's hard to predict, especially the future.
    It's now down to $14. I managed to get out at $17.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-03-21 10:23 AM
    so far that looks like a good call.
    06-03-21 10:39 AM
    volume is absolutely crazy though. 30-40% higher than highest volume in last spike. damn.. something tells me we are not done just yet.
    dusdal likes this.
    06-03-21 02:06 PM
    General information, remembering that BB is tied with AWS -- maybe others will do same :

Bell Canada (possibly Canada's largest network) has signed with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to increase its 5G capacity.
    https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/ent...b-services.php
    It presently reaches 35% of Canadiens and expect to reach 70% by end of the year.
    dusdal and Redzinaldas like this.
    06-03-21 05:36 PM
    General information, remembering that BB is tied with AWS -- maybe others will do same :

Bell Canada (possibly Canada's largest network) has signed with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to increase its 5G capacity.
    https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/ent...b-services.php
    It presently reaches 35% of Canadiens and expect to reach 70% by end of the year.
    Nothing new about companies using AWS.... which is why it's a $45+ Billion dollar a year enterprise ($13 billion in profits). They have the infrastructure and the services to help most any size business in most any field of business.

Which is why if IVY is anywhere as valuable as some want to believe it is.... AWS would have simple bought the whole BlackBerry company with spare change. But in the end they don't need End Point protection, and they don't need an analytical solution (they have several of their own). BlackBerry is just one of 1000's of companies trying to market their products on AWS.
    06-04-21 07:14 AM
    General information:

FBI, DOJ to treat ransomware attacks with similar priority as terrorism
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/fbi-do...b308d24198e41e
    06-07-21 01:11 PM
    Yeah it looks like you played that perfectly.....

WSB is still pumping hard... but just as many are upside down and looking to get out with something as there are those willing to wait for the moon trip. So hard for them to get traction.

And it's just not wise to bet on a number past the earnings call... as that could be a big problem with auto sales projecting down and Chen already warning that SPARK might be two or three quarters out on revenue gains.

Right now the only real news we don't know are the patents... but I have no clue what's going on there. Thought it was one big sale, but they confirmed Huawei bought some back months ago, and then NEC picked up some back in April. And Chens talking like negotiation are ongoing - but they may or may not go through, but somehow it's already drying up revenues for IP. Who is collecting those revenues if the patents aren't bought and paid for - half a year later? Or did that revenue just dry up "organically"? I'm sure Chen's glad this will be another virtual shareholder meeting...
    06-09-21 09:14 AM
    06-09-21 10:18 AM
    Opinion article from The Motley Fool (which has not always been reliable):

How Reddit Ruined BlackBerry Stock (TSX:BB)
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...edgdhp&pc=U531
    06-17-21 01:50 PM
    Opinion article from The Motley Fool (which has not always been reliable):

How Reddit Ruined BlackBerry Stock (TSX:BB)
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...edgdhp&pc=U531
    It's true valuation will be what it will be, once WSB gets done playing with it. And that valuation will rest on revenues and "real" potential. Spark has to start pulling in revenues or the realty that Gartner gave us a glimpse of, will have to be accepted.... Cylance/Spark isn't needed by the market. Ivy will eventually either start getting picked up by OEMs for testing and integration. Or it will join a long list of BlackBerry named products that no one needed or would pay for.

WSB should have given a lot of folks here a chance to get out.... I think that was a great thing. Otherwise we still be sitting at $6 or less.... potential of a few more poor earnings calls and a weak patent sale would be a real issue without this group.

If there is still a reason to "support" BlackBerry... do so when they start to show that potential can be converted.
    06-17-21 02:25 PM
113,256 ... 45104511451245134514 ...