View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Unlikely this is all coming from WSB.
    Last edited by smithm565; 01-25-21 at 09:53 PM.
    RicoG1 and bh7171 like this.
    01-25-21 09:32 PM
    In fact BlackBerry is still undervalued compared to some companies such as TSLA and Shopify whose stock price has gone up by 1000% on a large cap base in one year, while BB 300% from a very small cap.
    Exactly. From what I can tell, the discussions/'pumpings' in WSB are not citing/hinting about any undisclosed/pending big news that will materially change BB's business. They are drawing attention to BB's meager multiples based on what BB currently has or has announced coming, in comparison to the lofty multiples of other companies. Obviously the challenge for every investor is to judge for themselves what multiples BB should deserve for its current and future opportunities with QNX, IVY, etc. WSB may have kick-started the re-valuation of BB by the market, and the stock price may come back down after the current excitement, but hopefully it will land somewhere much higher than what analysts had given BB credits for. From there, BB should continue to rise perhaps more orderly with their dominance in EVs (16 of 25 EV makers) and their share of connected cars.
    Last edited by jsocan; 01-25-21 at 09:56 PM.
    01-25-21 09:38 PM
    25 tomorrow!
    dusdal and KuroKei like this.
    01-25-21 10:54 PM
    n fact BlackBerry is still undervalued compared to some companies such as TSLA and Shopify whose stock price has gone up by 1000% on a large cap base in one year, while BB 300% from a very small cap.
    Tesla? are you kidding me? undervalued compared to the company that is the biggest bubble in the history of bubbles? along that logic, BB should be more worth than all its competitors even thought they have a smaller market share, marginal to non existent profit and major competitors breathing down their neck. Guess JC should get his *** on Joe Rogan, smoke some weed and then we'll be off to the races... (?)
    01-26-21 03:02 AM
    PR:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301211498.html
    BlackBerry Expands Partnership with Baidu to Power Next Generation Autonomous Driving Technology
    it seems like BB is really picking up steam in the Chinese EV market.
    dusdal likes this.
    01-26-21 04:06 AM
    Tesla? are you kidding me? undervalued compared to the company that is the biggest bubble in the history of bubbles? along that logic, BB should be more worth than all its competitors even thought they have a smaller market share, marginal to non existent profit and major competitors breathing down their neck. Guess JC should get his *** on Joe Rogan, smoke some weed and then we'll be off to the races... (?)
    I mentioned Tesla because it is the biggest name of all the overvalued tech companies which is like half of the nasdaq lol.

But comparing apple's to apples. Shopify has a 150 bil mac on 2 billion revenue. Twilio has a 60 bil mac on 1 billion revenue.

The market is seeing potential for growth so BB is no longer going to be valued as a zombie company. If it can show green spouts of growth in the next ER. Maybe BB should be valued at 30 billion, which is half of Twilio on similar revenue.
    dusdal likes this.
    01-26-21 04:30 AM
    Can anyone find the link to the WSB article on December 6, 2020 that declared BB to be their next meme stock? This is the article that started it all on WSB.

I thought they were out to lunch with the article's prediction of $30 and going to $50 by end of year 2021. But it looks like it's going to be true if we can get some validation with the ER.
    01-26-21 04:36 AM
    The other thing going for BB is that their mac is tiny compared to many companies in the Nasdaq. They are a small fry.

How hard would it be for the Mac to double from 10 to 20?
    How about shopify from 150 to 300?
    Or tsla from 850 to 1700 billion?

The law of very big numbers clearly favour BB. This is where algorithms and momentum investors start piling in.
    01-26-21 04:44 AM
    Exactly. From what I can tell, the discussions/'pumpings' in WSB are not citing/hinting about any undisclosed/pending big news that will materially change BB's business. They are drawing attention to BB's meager multiples based on what BB currently has or has announced coming, in comparison to the lofty multiples of other companies. Obviously the challenge for every investor is to judge for themselves what multiples BB should deserve for its current and future opportunities with QNX, IVY, etc. WSB may have kick-started the re-valuation of BB by the market, and the stock price may come back down after the current excitement, but hopefully it will land somewhere much higher than what analysts had given BB credits for. From there, BB should continue to rise perhaps more orderly with their dominance in EVs (16 of 25 EV makers) and their share of connected cars.
    Those pos analyst will put a buy recommendation on BB after it hits $30. In the meantime, their buddies will be accumulating stock on the cheap, with their current $7 price target.
    01-26-21 04:49 AM
    So this is the issue WSB has with Wall St and I'll apply it to BB.

Those POS analysts have a hold or sell rating on a beaten up stock based on past performance. Then they find out that the stock is not the walking dead after all but is alive on the way to a full recovery. But they still keep their hold or sell rating. Said stock goes up 200 to 700% (depending when one bought BB in 2021) to today's price. In March after strong earnings, the stock has doubled to $50.

Then the POS analysts puts a strong buy rating for the masses, after the stock is already fully valued.

The masses gratefully accept their 5 to 10% annual gains. While Wall St and their buddies are laughing to the bank with their 100-1400% gain.

BUT OF COURSE IT'S NOT MANIPULATION.
    smithm565, Andy_bb_king and bh7171 like this.
    01-26-21 05:02 AM
    Meanwhile Paul Treiber from RBC..

RBC Capital analyst Paul Treiber downgraded BlackBerry to Underperform from Sector Perform with an unchanged price target of $7.50. The stock's valuation is now at multi-year highs and above peers despite no change to the company's fundamental outlook, Treiber tells investors in a research note. He believes justifying the current price would require value creation that is "overly optimistic."
    Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    01-26-21 06:53 AM
    Hard to believe yes..... I'm sure Chen's doing the happy dance - bonuses, bonuses.

But 100% a none organic pump by an outside group - WSB. What happens once they get done pumping? If it this coincides with a few quarters of earnings growth, it could be just the kick start the stock needed. But if revenue only rise on one time patent sales or lawsuit wins, and software growth remains slow.... the WSB effect won't last.

But it is fun to watch.....
    Do you really think 350m shares in a day is just a bunch of meme lovers buying 40 shares at a time? Finally dipped my toe into options game. If they get called away for $25, well there are bigger problems in life
    01-26-21 06:54 AM
    Good morning! Premarket is all over the place today. I'm still expecting some profit taking to drive down the stock price early with a rally late to drive it up into aftermarket trading. Anyone have any thoughts, there was alot of early selling this morning.
    01-26-21 07:33 AM

RBC Capital analyst Paul Treiber downgraded BlackBerry to Underperform from Sector Perform with an unchanged price target of $7.50. The stock's valuation is now at multi-year highs and above peers despite no change to the company's fundamental outlook, Treiber tells investors in a research note. He believes justifying the current price would require value creation that is "overly optimistic."
    Lol. I swear I didn't know that was coming. But it proves my point. Did you guys see all the negative press BB was receiving yesterday with all the media bringing out sell side analyst blaming retail investors, basically saying they are stupid and BB has no future.
    01-26-21 07:41 AM
    Do you really think 350m shares in a day is just a bunch of meme lovers buying 40 shares at a time? Finally dipped my toe into options game. If they get called away for $25, well there are bigger problems in life
    Yep, and several Hedge Funds that tend to bet against stocks, have learned how powerful these retail investors can be.

You know Chen is kicking himself for selling over 500K shares for under $5, back in November..... he didn't see this coming.
    01-26-21 07:47 AM
    Good morning! Premarket is all over the place today. I'm still expecting some profit taking to drive down the stock price early with a rally late to drive it up into aftermarket trading. Anyone have any thoughts, there was alot of early selling this morning.
    We will see how much power WSB and the masses have today.

Citrus Research told everyone to short GME to $20 when the stock was $45. WSB took that as a war declaration and brought it over $100 instead and settling around $70.

RBC and their downgrade to sell and target of $7, is basically a backhanded way of saying short the stock. At least Citrus was upfront about it. They are declaring war on BB and WSB .

A Cdn bank on a Cdn company. Makes me sick.
    rarsen, Redzinaldas and TGIS like this.
    01-26-21 07:47 AM
    This is worth remembering. I believe the share price has to stay above the threshold for ten days.

BlackBerry Ltd. Chief Executive Officer John Chen signed a new contract worth at least US$128 million to keep him on the job for at least five years.

The pay package includes 10 million restricted stock grants — valued at $128 million as of Wednesday’s close — that will vest through November 2023, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company said Thursday in a statement. Half will pay out if share-price goals of US$16 to US$20 are reached. He’ll also get a performance-based cash award if the stock hits US$30.
    Corbu, smithm565 and dusdal like this.
    01-26-21 09:55 AM

This guy, as the whole analyst, estimate BB at the present day.

That one look to the future, and the "good will" coming... hope he's right :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload...ature=youtu.be
    RicoG1 likes this.
    01-26-21 10:15 AM
    This is worth remembering. I believe the share price has to stay above the threshold for ten days.
    Have to wonder if there is any fine print that would protect BlackBerry in the case of artificial price increases?
    Or if Chen would refuse it on principle, or at the very least hold off till things settle down?
    01-26-21 10:16 AM
    Another short squeeze in GME up around 80%. They are making it look routine as this is like the 4th time in a month with 40% gain or more.

BB doing fairly well after the negative news from media and the right on cue short selling analyst coming out today from RBC. In the past we would be looking at a 10% drop.
    Andy_bb_king and dusdal like this.
    01-26-21 01:54 PM
    BB doing fairly well after the negative news from media and the right on cue short selling analyst coming out today from RBC. In the past we would be looking at a 10% drop.
    This is exactly right. Focus is on gme right now and BB is sitting pretty level throughout the day basically mirroring the market as a whole. With the fluctuations in premarket I had assumed there's be a drop from open with holders taking some profits early and seems it's holding true to form.
    RicoG1 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-26-21 02:01 PM
    This is exactly right. Focus is on gme right now and BB is sitting pretty level throughout the day basically mirroring the market as a whole. With the fluctuations in premarket I had assumed there's be a drop from open with holders taking some profits early and seems it's holding true to form.
    I hope BB continues to have stable days like today, with a slow and steady ride. Has it been 10 days in a row of price increase. That has to be a record going back to the high flying days.

Back to GME, those shorts really deserve the punishing they are taking. A couple of them had to be bailed out by their buddies. I mean how is it even possible for a stock to be short more that the stock float.
    Being short at 120% is just plain greedy and stupid.
    helopilot06 and dusdal like this.
    01-26-21 02:56 PM
    Given the valuations of other companies, eg DASH, hard to call BB "overvalued". There are several companies with huge valuations, losing money, all with big IPO's due to "hope".

Most articles coming out this week, including MarketWatch, WSJ, Yahoo finance, etc, spoke about rise in share price and correlating with shares sold by insiders - w/o any further explanation - and with many of the articles talking about old phone business, middling enterprise success, and - shocker - no mention at all of QNX. So, tell me, who is doing the manipulation - the people on WSB, or all of the others, including authors and commentators on SA who have been trash talking BB for years.
    01-27-21 12:18 AM
    Given the valuations of other companies, eg DASH, hard to call BB "overvalued". There are several companies with huge valuations, losing money, all with big IPO's due to "hope".

Most articles coming out this week, including MarketWatch, WSJ, Yahoo finance, etc, spoke about rise in share price and correlating with shares sold by insiders - w/o any further explanation - and with many of the articles talking about old phone business, middling enterprise success, and - shocker - no mention at all of QNX. So, tell me, who is doing the manipulation - the people on WSB, or all of the others, including authors and commentators on SA who have been trash talking BB for years.
    But those companies all have one thing in common.... GROWTH. Investors will forgive a startup for not turning a profit, if they are growing their revenues and carving out a dominate position in their market.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-27-21 08:33 AM
    have to say that the entire developing story that is GameStop is quite something.

and here's an open letter to CNBC. #popcorn

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gamestop.png
    01-27-21 08:37 AM
113,256 ... 44874488448944904491 ...